Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

Awesome, cool  Sinetek ! :)))

Interested !

Thank for mtrr.c :)

I created mach_kernel_rc7 !!! Soon full.diff !

It is working with chameleon , i tested ! :)

Soon for ML 10.8 and Lion ! :)

Updated , i CASUAL DELETE "HASWEL" =)))

attachicon.gifmach_rc7_10_9.zip

is this still need nullcpu kext ?

because i got kp, if i boot without nullcpu kext :(

the kp happened after successfully boot to desktop

and automatically restart, couldnt get the picture of  the kp

the kp is about AICPUPM kext :( ,

but if im using nullcpu the kp never happened

no no, theres no stupid question, it's all good :-)) in the beginning i was asking stuff like how do you load a kext?? haha

hmm... @anv
kxld[com.insanelymac.driver.VoodooPState]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:

kxld[com.insanelymac.driver.VoodooPState]: _rtc_clock_stepped

kxld[com.insanelymac.driver.VoodooPState]: _rtc_clock_stepping

ps, are we the longest thread on IM yet??   :lol:  :lol:

• Like 5

Not yet Sinetek lol Any possibility of support for a CPU without SSE3?

fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow rep_good nopl extd_apicid pni cx16 lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy

Any possibility of support for a CPU without SSE3?

i don't think it will be possible sadly. There are only 11 instructions in the SSE3 group so it would not be too hard, but I don't have a way of testing kernels on such a machine. depends if you folks want it ?

i don't think it will be possible sadly. There are only 11 instructions in the SSE3 group so it would not be too hard, but I don't have a way of testing kernels on such a machine. depends if you folks want it ?

Trying to install on an old HP. AMD Turion 64 X2. I can test along as the graphics will work with it. Will see if I can swap the CPU. These laptops seem to have replaceable CPUs.

Been using Bronya's rc7 kernel for the past 3 hours, the only thing that doesn't work is App Store, and I really could care less if that gets fixed or not. I never thought I'd see the day when I have a translucent menu bar. :thumbsup_anim:  Going to update my post in the AMD builds with this success. You guys rock!

This is AMAZING.  Really excited about this progress guys, keep up the great work!

Just helped a friend upgrade his i5 rig to Mavericks and was feeling a little (a lot) jealous LOL 

So let me ask a quick question if you guys don't mind:

I've gotten 10.9 installed and running smoothly on my AMD Phenom II x6 rig.  I have my HD5750 1GB working with full res and QE/CI.  Here's my question:  I've tried a few of the recent kernels listed here stating 'no more graphics corruption' and working openGL, but every one I try still leaves me with no fix.  I've been seeing Clover mentioned here and there; is this my problem?  I'm booting with Chameleon currently.  Or is it just my graphics card?  Do I need to use a difference card to eliminate the corruption?  

Thanks again for all the great work and progress guys!!!!

It makes me sad everythings working except bioshock infinite </3 I'm happy to be using mavericks right now.

I have try metro, its working on max settings. . . ;)

L.O.L too. . .

-------------

Only thing for me that is not working so good is photoshop, its crashing in some opetion (for example Black and White), can some one try it, so i know if is the problem in my PS ( so i can downlaod new ) or something else. . .

TNX ;)

So to update, I was able to get everything worked out in regard to graphics corruption.  I had failed to notice there was a whole pack released with kexts to install and the whole bit, so the kernel itself was all I was working with.  Thanks again for everything guys.  

On a side note, does the same principle hold true with Mavericks as it was in Lion in regard to iCloud?  I believe it was Connatic who helped me migrate an iCloud-enabled account from an intel Hackintosh onto the AMD machine in order to enable iCloud services.  Does that trick still work? 

***EDIT*** PS: I am still getting pink icons in Launchpad.  Has that been resolved or are we just dealing with that?  Small price to pay in comparison to all the other progress though!!!  Love it!!!  

i've installed mavericks on amd system but cannaot shutdown.. and i've install evoreboot.kext

Please at least give details of your equipment if you want help ... :whistle:

S'il te plait donne au moins des détails sur ton matériel si tu veux de l'aide... :whistle: 

no no, theres no stupid question, it's all good :-)) in the beginning i was asking stuff like how do you load a kext?? haha

hmm... @anv

kxld[com.insanelymac.driver.VoodooPState]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:

kxld[com.insanelymac.driver.VoodooPState]: _rtc_clock_stepped

kxld[com.insanelymac.driver.VoodooPState]: _rtc_clock_stepping

ps, are we the longest thread on IM yet?? :lol::lol:

Install the custom System.kext in the pack.

It contains those 2 symbols in the kernel and thus works with that.

Hi all,

First of all great work and respect to Andy,Sinetek,Bronya  and many more !

I didn't follow this topic for quite a while but picked it up a few weeks a go.And it went really fast this time .

I'm running Bronya's mach_rc7 on FX6100 and HD6850 on AMD890 chipset

Installed it via MyHack 3.3 ,I did't change anything only the ones that MyHack supplied except the realtek rtl81xx kext

My graphics card is recognised as HD6xxx and 1024 MB

bootflags are -v -f PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No UserKernelCache=No npci=0x2000

Using Chameleon 2258

thus far no problems at all .

Or am I missing something or forgot to add

only can't connect to Icloud,app store no problem at all

post-992298-0-79639400-1383990619_thumb.png

First of all want to say thanks to all developers. Its a great day for all amd hackintosh community!

I installed 10.9 on my hack with bronya's rc7 kernel:

Athlon X2 4200+, Asus M2N-E, Inno3d GeForce GT 630 4096mb ddr3 128b

I was able to see gui desktop after booting only with latest drivers and faq on osx86.net for my card. And I must use GE=Yes and PCIRootUID=1. If i change any of this strings, monitor shutdown after booting.

Trying to make working login in AppStore such i did on SL and Lion. Try to add string EthernetBuildIn=Yes but my monitor again shutdown. Delete it and OK.

So now i have pretty well working 10.9 without any Apple app. Only iTunes working well. And system profiler show only 2048mb video memory, videocard with 4096mb