Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

By the way, how can i remove the system.kext and the VoodooPState.kext if I dont need it?

Just delete them. But you need to copy System.kext from Mavericks Installer to your Extensions folder, because this is system kext. I don't know what it is doing :)

• Like 1

Just delete them. But you need to copy System.kext from Mavericks Installer to your Extensions folder, because this is system kext. I don't know what it is doing :)

System.kext links the kernel symbols with various plugins (IOKit.kext, Unsupported.kext, ...) to the drivers.

Without it it can't link the kexts to the kernel.

• Like 1

In my case, corecrypto - no need anymore with both of kernels (andy and sinetek fix), but it's a lot faster booting with corecrypto to me.

EDIT: But I still don't have QE/CI   :(

:help: :help: :help:

Take a look...

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281450-mavericks-kernel-testing-on-amd-formerly-mountain-lion-kernel-testing-on-amd/page-220?do=findComment&comment=1964467

System.kext links the kernel symbols with various plugins (IOKit.kext, Unsupported.kext, ...) to the drivers.

Without it it can't link the kexts to the kernel.

@Andy. Is it possible to fully emulate an Intel CPU? I think this would solve some problems. Terminal and System Info reads and Intel but for example Geekbench and the OpenGL Extension Viewer shows an AMD.

PNY GT430 is working great here. Didn't have to edit any kexts worked OOB with GE=Yes :D

• Like 1

PNY GT430 is working great here. Didn't have to edit any kexts worked OOB with GE=Yes :D

Ekhm! Yours GT430 is working, not mine :D:( With GE=Yes it is still unrecognized. Only with GE=Yes and PCIRootUID=1 it is recognized, but no QE/CI.

I know I know, I tried this with Mountain Lion and it's not working :( I don't know... Now I am search ioreg you wanted and I can't save it properly :/ But wait, I am working :)

Ekhm! Yours GT430 is working, not mine :D:( With GE=Yes it is still unrecognized. Only with GE=Yes and PCIRootUID=1 it is recognized, but no QE/CI.

I know I know, I tried this with Mountain Lion and it's not working :( I don't know... Now I am search ioreg you wanted and I can't save it properly :/ But wait, I working :)

Post in the help topic :D

Edit: Post here if its Mavericks, http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/forum/410-amd/

:)

@shanee

le kernel d'Andy que tu as patché avec le patch graphique de Sinetek  , (je t'en remercie) , ne fonctionne pas très bien sur CPU FX , il faut que j'utilise Clover et le loading est très long , y a t'il moyen de patcher le kernel RC6 de Bronya via terminal ? car ce dernier fonctionne beaucoup mieux et chameleon reste une meileure option pour moi :)

Merci

Andy kernel you have patched the graphic patch Sinetek (I thank you), does not work very well on FX CPU, must I use Clover and loading is very long, there is t it means to patch the kernel of RC6 Bronya via terminal? because it works much better and chameleon is a better option for me :)

thank you

Did he post the sources for it? Have you tried Andy's latest kernel? http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281450-mavericks-kernel-testing-on-amd-formerly-mountain-lion-kernel-testing-on-amd/?p=1965291

Great to have my nvidia working :D

Screen Shot 2013-11-08 at 16.45.33.png

• Like 1

My AppStore does not seem to work? Unknown error occurred when it try to login?

Other than that, working great :D

edit: Tropico 4 doesn't have any textures - the game movie loads fine, but then ingame its just a spectrum of green and red and yellow. I am going to try a different game, Amnesia, now.

:)

oui , oui !! je sais bien mais le kernel d'Andy n'est pas très bien adapté aux CPU bulldozzer/pildriver (FX) , le noyau de Bronya est plus adapté , c'était juste une question , je suis content pour toi que nVidia fonctionne ootb :) du reste , je vais tester les autres cartes (HD 5450/4850) graphiques , mardi , je testerai la HD 7950  :) c'est la révolution chez AMD !! ahahahh !!

Quelle épopée !! je suis suppose que le patch est valable ML 10.8 ?

yes, yes! I know Andy but the kernel is not very well suited for CPU Bulldozzer / pildriver (FX), the core of Bronya is more suitable, it was just a question, I'm happy for you that nVidia works ootb: ) the rest, I'll test the other cards (HD 5450/4850) Graphic Tuesday, I will test the HD 7950 , it'is the revolution  AMD! ahahahh!

What epic! I guess the patch is valid ML 10.8?

Without Bronya's patch set I can't build it for you. I will try ML though ;)

Unable to build ML kernel :(

In file included from /Users/Shaneee/Desktop/xnu-2050.24.15//SETUP//config/externs.c:26:
/Users/Shaneee/Desktop/xnu-2050.24.15//SETUP//config/config.h:57:10: fatal error: 
      'stdio.h' file not found
#include <stdio.h>
         ^
/Users/Shaneee/Desktop/xnu-2050.24.15//SETUP//kextsymboltool/kextsymboltool.c:23:10: fatal error: 
      'libc.h' file not found
#include <libc.h>
         ^
/Users/Shaneee/Desktop/xnu-2050.24.15//SETUP//setsegname/setsegname.c:23:10: fatal error: 
      'libc.h' file not found
#include <libc.h>
         ^
/Users/Shaneee/Desktop/xnu-2050.24.15//SETUP//decomment/decomment.c:31:10: fatal error: 
      'stdio.h' file not found
#include <stdio.h>

Will keep trying for people who don't want Mavericks :D

• Like 1

certainly that codes for ML are differing, it was worth a try 

Its an error on my fault. Build ML kernel while using Mavericks?  :hysterical:

Downloading xCode onto Lion just now.. Stay tuned will need a tester as I don't have ML to test on :D

It will be worth it even without iCloud etc :D Wonder what Apple think of this development :D

For much longer it won't be

Now that this graphics issue is fixed AMD devs can focus on an iCloud fix for compiled XNU kernels.

• Like 1

Unable to build ML kernel :(

In file included from /Users/Shaneee/Desktop/xnu-2050.24.15//SETUP//config/externs.c:26:
/Users/Shaneee/Desktop/xnu-2050.24.15//SETUP//config/config.h:57:10: fatal error: 
      'stdio.h' file not found
#include <stdio.h>
         ^
/Users/Shaneee/Desktop/xnu-2050.24.15//SETUP//kextsymboltool/kextsymboltool.c:23:10: fatal error: 
      'libc.h' file not found
#include <libc.h>
         ^
/Users/Shaneee/Desktop/xnu-2050.24.15//SETUP//setsegname/setsegname.c:23:10: fatal error: 
      'libc.h' file not found
#include <libc.h>
         ^
/Users/Shaneee/Desktop/xnu-2050.24.15//SETUP//decomment/decomment.c:31:10: fatal error: 
      'stdio.h' file not found
#include <stdio.h>
Will keep trying for people who don't want Mavericks :D
I'll take a peek at mtrr.c for ML when I get home.

Probably small adjustment or so.

Will give the diff for just that file ;)

EDIT: Hey... is your xcode and cltools installed properly? stdio.h for the kernel build tools should be in /usr/include... :o

I'll take a peek at mtrr.c for ML when I get home.

Probably small adjustment or so.

Will give the diff for just that file ;)

EDIT: Hey... is your xcode and cltools installed properly? stdio.h for the kernel build tools should be in /usr/include... :o

Yes its all installed but I gather the latest xCode isn't compatible with building ML kernel while running Mavericks. I'm downloading xCode 4.something on Lion just now.

Yes its all installed but I gather the latest xCode isn't compatible with building ML kernel while running Mavericks. I'm downloading xCode 4.something on Lion just now.

Better to compile on ML itself.

Lion probably won't compile the kernel properly...

installed fine but i can only get into it using pandora boot loader screen it won't let me boot into using chameleon for some reason, lion works on chameleon will try and boot with pandora and change the loader if i have to.

Mavericks using -v npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1

but hang at IOBluetoothHCIController - missing transporter

Update**

Just needed to wait for 10 mins on that section I'm now on the desktop!

installed fine but i can only get into it using pandora boot loader screen it won't let me boot into using chameleon for some reason, lion works on chameleon will try and boot with pandora and change the loader if i have to.

Mavericks using -v npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1

but hang at IOBluetoothHCIController - missing transporter

any ideas guys?

Do you have GraphicsEnabler=yes?

Very Awesome guys works well with me here on Phenom II x4 Chameleon and Chimera boot!!! Very Awesome!!  :thumbsup_anim:

post-513502-0-95593900-1383935918_thumb.png

I did however get panic kernelcachwe related and another webkit related... other than sometimes freezing running pretty nice...

post-513502-0-04611100-1383936227_thumb.jpg

post-513502-0-98062700-1383935957_thumb.jpg

All around super happy guys. Thanks Sinetek, Anv, Bronya Shaneee.... just awesomeness!!!

Edit: Don't know if it's related ... it may improperly loaded kexts... but it is stable now, which leads me to believe it was the kern cache...

I'll keep my eyes peeled...

post-513502-0-89610000-1383935942_thumb.jpg