Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

@mohamed  have you removed AppleTyMCEDriver, AppleGraphicsControl, AppleUpstreamUserClient?

@connactic

there has to be an easier way to get iCloud working. for example, what if you move a vanilla kernel to /mach_kernel after booting?

@mohamed  have you removed AppleTyMCEDriver, AppleGraphicsControl, AppleUpstreamUserClient?

@connactic

there has to be an easier way to get iCloud working. for example, what if you move a vanilla kernel to /mach_kernel after booting?

Wouldn't that be like booting amd_kernel with the vanilla mach_kernel still in place? It would't work. I think we have 3 possible options for iCloud etc. 

1) An adaption of the KernelPatcher module for Chameleon.

2) A kext that somehow loads the patches pre-boot.

3) Fully spoof our AMD CPU as Intel within the kernel.

This really is an amazing kernel! Just did a Clean install.

- nVidia 9500Gt works

- No need for the Safari Fix

- Maps works

- Chrome (with flash) Works

- Final Cut Pro X working

- 1080 MP4 working

for that matter, my Apple Store is not working either

Strange, my App Store is working. Just downloaded Pages

• Like 1

You mean AppStore? Its working here along with iTunes login.

Yes thats it.

For anyone who wants a look here is the full diff that I built the kernel from :)

• Like 1

@connactic

Like an Alias to the unpatched mach_kernel?

what bootloader did you use ?

im using clover and i can boot to mavericks with the latest kernel of sinetek :lol:

I'm using Chameleon that MyHack installs. Clover is just a pain for me. It doesn't detect the flash drive, so i cant try if it boots to mavericks installer, and when I try booting into lion it doesnt detect my keyboard and mouse.

Like an Alias to the unpatched mach_kernel?

Like Shanee said, it's just like booting with a patched kernel named other than mach_kernel with the stock mach_kernel in place. That's the way I always did, and I can tell you there's no difference as far as iCloud is concerned, since the system will be running on the patched kernel anyway.

iCloud services are implemented at kernel level, that's no doubt about it. The problem is, we wrongly assume Apple give away everything kernel-wise with the XNU sources, which is a bold assumption: Apple gives only what it needs to according to open source license rules, so it can keep on using Darwin as the base for OSX. That's why no compiled kernel to date supports iCloud services, and binpatched kernels do. I'd love there was an easy way, but i bet the "easy" way will probably involve some serious hacking, to provide the kernel implementations that are missing.

Changing subjects, it appears that kernel cache doesn't work with any of our patched kernels. Can you guys confirm that? Here the boot process takes at least a minute.

• Like 1

I'm using Chameleon that MyHack installs. Clover is just a pain for me. It doesn't detect the flash drive, so i cant try if it boots to mavericks installer, and when I try booting into lion it doesnt detect my keyboard and mouse.

the problem why your usb are'nt work is because you activate the USB FixOwnership & Injection

and try to create the mavericks installer with the manual way, it isnt hard though.

follow this : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/289062-109-mavericks-simple-vanilla-hackintosh-install-guide/

for that matter, my Apple Store is not working either

yes app store doesn't work on clover this is the badest thing :D

@connactic

now time to use blacklist :D

will try

------

about kernel patching

what about developing EFI Driver that will do patching for clover ?

DAAAAAAMMMM! Sinetek you're simply {censored} awesome, dude I'm not {censored} but I would kiss you if I was near you. This is just awesome.

Shane, thank you for compiling this kernel you're awesome and helpful too.

Other dudes and devs you're all awesome! AMD Family Rules!

@Sinetek

so i removed the three kexts manually as blacklist hadn't worked for me !

after fixing caches

and after restart lost qe/ci also the lag here

is idea to make loop or program on kernel to use 1 to 5 % of cpu continuously  applicable ?

------------

also have you noticed that during install using clover

installation freeze completely  when doing

update_dyld_shared_cache 

during  finishing installation ?

I got clover working, I had to disable usb injection and ownership and disable fix usb in DSDT, and I currently have Mavericks running with cinebench giving a 65 FPS score, perfectly smooth. I'm going to get a game downloaded on steam and see how that goes.

nVidia works just as well as ATI now. Running some test on my GT430 (Worked OOB).

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-11-08 at 00.37.41.png attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-11-08 at 00.38.33.png

How did you GT430 working and QE/CI? Mine is not want to work :( I am using Sinetek kernel with graphics fix, boot with:

npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 -v

and Mavericks see my card and in system I can see the full name with 1024mb but I've got no QE/CI.

Any kext added, drivers, or something?

I don't have NVDResman.kext in my Extensions, but if I will add it to my Extensions then I've got KP like this (no matter what flags):

post-1100208-0-70623700-1383899263_thumb.jpg

So the NVDAResman is not a problem, because we can delete it :)

But I am still don't have QE/CI and my graphics is with some artifacts :(

LOL

App Store Works on Clover

i put my second gfx card to test it

so  AMD HD RADEON 6800 SERIES ON Primary slot

AND Georce 210 on secondary slot

give me panic

can't find driver for this platform

though this from audio injection for two cards 

disabled all patches of dsdt on clover menu

and system boot up

tried to see app store accidentally it works :D

nearly the problem on dsdt patching on lan nearly will specify problem on which patch later :D