iPods missing in Sunday ads

Colonel

25 posts in this topic

In today's issue of the New York Times there was an unusual lack of iPod advertisements. A reader at Gizmondo was quick to notice the iPod absence.

Just finished reading my Sunday New York Times. Intersting fact, every electronics ad--Circuit City, Best Buy, etc.--had zero iPods listed...Strange, given that every week, for months now, there have been iPods for sale. I think the big retailers know something we don't.

Why would Apple be holding off on the iPod ads this week? Could it be because of some (insanely) great new product they'll be releasing on the 12th? Showtime is coming...

Can i just say that was beautifully written.

And Yes! New iPod to buy......*sigh* I'm gonna have spent £2000 this week on Apple Products alone :D I think i have a unhealthy addiction.

iTunes Movie Store

Does that call for a new iTunes? as in 7. or just like 6.1. 7 would be a big step, but it woudl be a big upgrade to the store.

Hmm. I would imagine a new iTunes would be out but maybe they'll only make small changes. But who knows? Tuesday will be very interesting. I'm almost positive they'll throw something at us that no-ones seen coming. They're good at that like the Mac Pro, the new imac, and new mini. But i'd definately suspect a movie store, iphone, news gen of ipod(which may be the iphone) and then somethign totally unexpected(may not be too big). Can't wait 'til tuesday.

EDIT: A friend of a friend told me touchscreen ipods. You'll see what i'm talking about momentarily.

EDIT 2: Ok so now i'm not too sure about that last statement of mine. Here's a photo i was shown, but i'm being told it's fake. we'll see.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c218/elg...91/647f2942.jpg

Mash, I think the big focus will be movies ... iTunes and maybe a new media center (or new airport express) ,,,

iPods will be updated.. maybe we'll see "true" video iPods ... maybe not...

I really really hope for iPhone .... but that i think will be in 2007 :)

I just thought don't apple struggle with bandwidth on TV shows already?

Like on busy nights the day after lost was shown your download crawled along?

If so DVD sized movies are going to wreck there bandwidth?

Who else has joined Apple recently who have LOTS of bandwidth?

But i doubt that they will since they are offering a movie store of there own?

Still i expect some sort of google announcement.

4flix.net accidentally listed "Apple’s 6th Generation 16x9 widescreen Video iPod" as one of its supported video formats for download. Moments later, it was supposedly taken down. Did this really happen? There's no evidence, and any idiot could have tampered with a screenshot using something as simple as MS Paint. It's like saying you saw bigfoot, but you didn't even bother to take a picture of your uncle in a gorilla suite.

Either way, we'll know by Tuesday. The WWDC 2006 was disappointing due to Apple's secrecy. Hopefully they'll drop that policy soon!

lol wtf is that?

P.S: Nice find

EDIT: Just found this

Sources who have seen the device report that it features a digital click wheel, one that overlays the touch-sensitive display and appears when a finger touches it and disappears when the finger is removed.

If that was true i'd buy one just for that feature,

...Sources who have seen the device report that it features a digital click wheel, one that overlays the touch-sensitive display and appears when a finger touches it and disappears when the finger is removed.

If that was true i'd buy one just for that feature,...

Well, Apple did patent just such a virtual touch-wheel overlay back in Februrary - here is the link, with pictures.

"dtm3dd" I agree...mostly. I think Apple would pounce if "4flix" had some kind of inside information. However, they probably don't have said inside information or the specs they list are off enough to not concern Apple. In all reality, this is probably a PR Stunt by "4flix"

Or...Apple just doesn't give a hooey at this late hour. If a true video iPod is to be released tomorrow, maybe they're not too concerned with a couple spculative specs thrown out in the wild if not accompanied by pictures.

I can't believe the 4flix thing has not been taken down. If we know about it then apple definatly know about it. Have they let it stay up there because its wrong??? Just an idea.

I have a firm belief that apple will make an iTablet that will run osx... Along with a plain jane wide screen iPod with the touch thing. Also the movie store is just obvious.