What network cards work?

Dartamis

613 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I have IDeneb 1.5.4, and there is no way to make my mobo(GAp35-DS3) integrated adapter (chip realtek 8168/8111B) work. I tryed:

1) IOnetwokfamily.kext

2) This http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=29436 solution

But still nothing, the adapter don`t even have power on it, in XP i works perfectly.

And also i have Scientific Atlanta (Webstar) modem 2100, i try to connect it via USB, but have no drivers for it (for MAC OS) - so it initialise in OS and shows in "Networking" as Ethernet 2. Because i have no drivers it shows wrong IP adress (DHCP auto mode) like 164.67...

In Manual i can set my real IP and DNS servers, but it is still can not open pages.

What can i do, baybe some drivers for 2100Webstar - didn`t foud them on internet.

Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

Hy guys!

I have a big question! I've got an Intel Pro/Wireless 3945ABG Wireless card in my Acer travelmate 4233WLMi, but it doesen't work, and I don't find driver for it. I decide I'll buy a new PCI-Express card in my notebook. For example the Gigabyte GN-WI01GT Is it good? Is it working whit my Mac OS X Kaylaway 10.5.2? I want to use the Airport and I want to that, Mac OS X Kaylaway 10.5.2 recognize the new WiFi card and I can connect WEP or WPA Wifi system. What do you think? Is it good, and possible?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

WG111 V2 and V3 has drivers at netgear's site.

i tested v3 working.

had to use realteks driver for V2 in prior experience with older driver at netgears site.. (new april 21-09 driver for v2 might be working now)

• 3 weeks later...

just confirming that usb wlan adaper Airlive WL-1600USB (ovislink) works just fine on iatkos v7 10.5.7. using drivers for Mac downloaded from their web site. That adapter is great value for money, it has detachable antenna with exceptional reception, the best I had...

Hi,

just want to share my experience w/ D-Link DWA-547 AR5416 (Atheros 5008 family chipset).

It worked OOB from 10.5.2 to 10.5.6 then had troubles detecting network since AirPort Client Update 2009-001 IO80211Family.kext version 2.1.5 instead w/ 10.5.6 stock IO80211Family.kext version 2.1.4 works flawlessly.

I noticed that on first boot after OS X updates network is always recognized. From second reboot on, it is no more.

This also happens mostly after switching from W_in_ native boot, there working good.

I am convinced it may be a problem related to uncorrect PCI slots addressing in BIOS. Device must be plugged to the first upper slot (en1).

Now I'm on 10.5.7 fully up to date and BIOS is F6 final. If happens any wireless network not recognized, is solved entering setup and saving BIOS CMOS w/ the same settings. Mind if you connect by PPPoE on AirPort your new service name has to follow alphabetically AirPort as the upper service in the left column of Network preferences is the one discovering networks. The Set Service Order instead needs the PPPoE service in first upper place.

Check Preferred Networks in AirPort Advanced preferences after connecting PPPoE for the first time and add your network again because it gets deleted.

AirPort Card Information:

Wireless Card Type: AirPort Extreme (0x168C, 0x3A6B)

Wireless Card Locale: Unknown

Wireless Card Firmware Version: 1.4.8.3

Current Wireless Network: 

Wireless Channel: 1

dhcp.png

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

just want to share my experience w/ D-Link DWA-547 AR5416 (Atheros 5008 family chipset).

It worked OOB from 10.5.2 to 10.5.6 then had troubles detecting network since AirPort Client Update 2009-001 IO80211Family.kext version 2.1.5 instead w/ 10.5.6 stock IO80211Family.kext version 2.1.4 works flawlessly.

I noticed that on first boot after OS X updates network is always recognized. From second reboot on, it is no more.

This also happens mostly after switching from W_in_ native boot, there working good.

I am convinced it may be a problem related to uncorrect PCI slots addressing in BIOS. Device must be plugged to the first upper slot (en1).

Now I'm on 10.5.7 fully up to date and BIOS is F6 final. If happens any wireless network not recognized, is solved entering setup and saving BIOS CMOS w/ the same settings. Mind if you connect by PPPoE on AirPort your new service name has to follow alphabetically AirPort as the upper service in the left column of Network preferences is the one discovering networks. The Set Service Order instead needs the PPPoE service in first upper place.

Check Preferred Networks in AirPort Advanced preferences after connecting PPPoE for the first time and add your network again because it gets deleted.

AirPort Card Information:

Wireless Card Type: AirPort Extreme (0x168C, 0x3A6B)

Wireless Card Locale: Unknown

Wireless Card Firmware Version: 1.4.8.3

Current Wireless Network: 

Wireless Channel: 1

dhcp.png

Mine is working but with slow speeds. I changed the IO80211Family.kext back to 2.1.4 but it's the same. Juste one thing, in my information the Wireless Card Firmware Version is 1.4.8.0

Hy guys! Please help me! I need a mini pci wifi card in my acer travelmate 4233wlmi. What do you think? This card working on Mac with wep, wpa, etc? Or which miniPCI (NOT miniPCI express!) card is working on Mac with wep, wpa etc? Thanks your answer!

Can some of you list network cards that you have working (native), I can't seem to get mine to show up so I'll go pick one up at the store.

Mine TL-WN851N ver. 1.0 Works Out Of the box

hi folks,

anyone tried the d-link dwa-556 card?

it�s a draft n pci express card..

any comments appreciated! :rolleyes:

The DWA 556 works beautifully as a native Airport Express card on my GA-G33M-S2. It only operates on the 2.4GHz band though (not dual-band/MIMO 5GHz0 so I have received and am testing the Mini PCI-E / PCI-E adapter MP2W (vers. 2.11 with 2.4/5.8G antennas) and a native Atheros Mini PCI-E Wireless N card pulled from a MacBook.

This should result in native 2.4GHz/5GHz operation with my Airport Extreme and Mac Mini.

• 5 weeks later...
The DWA 556 works beautifully as a native Airport Express card on my GA-G33M-S2. It only operates on the 2.4GHz band though (not dual-band/MIMO 5GHz0 so I have received and am testing the Mini PCI-E / PCI-E adapter MP2W (vers. 2.11 with 2.4/5.8G antennas) and a native Atheros Mini PCI-E Wireless N card pulled from a MacBook.

This should result in native 2.4GHz/5GHz operation with my Airport Extreme and Mac Mini.

What was the outcome of the card adapter?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

well i knoe for a fact that the car that was listed in the LH tut does not work since i think ive tried every thing possible, so im going to pick this up in a little bit form my local microcenter

here she is.

http://microcenter.com/single_product_resu...duct_id=0305503

it states its mac compatible but i knoe better then to expect results over night with this now anyone knoe if it works

Has anyone managed to get a PCI or USB 802.11 card/dongle working in 64 bits Snow Leopard yet? I've been scouring the internet for hours trying to find someone who has had success...any help is appreciated!!

linksys wusb100 is working in 64 bits (ralink kext and app for 10.6)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...