What network cards work?

Dartamis

613 posts in this topic

My intel PRO/1000 PM is working on Intel D955XBK motherboard. :(

My intel PRO/1000 PM is working on Intel D955XBK motherboard. :(

So, would you like to share with the rest of us? How did you get it working? Install guide please!

I can't even get ethernet listed in Network!?!?!?!

hmm sry my english isn't so good so maybe i missunderstood some posts^^

I have a leopard 10.5.2 the most things work but not my 3com 3c905tx :)

mac says something like : "native is unproperly installed..."

can somebody help me :( ?

greetz 3Sys

• 2 weeks later...

Get a cheap PCI LINKSYS LNE 100TX LAN CARD $5 - $10 look for one at an old computer parts shops or your basement/attic .... where ever, but get one and use Tulip.kext and you have instant LAN no kiddin' .... I typing this info on a ASUS P5K WITH KALYWAY 10.5.1 + UPGRADE 10.5.2 with 8500GT C2D QUAD CORE ALL LIT-UP

NO PROBLEM .... WORKIN' LIKE CHARM:)

• 2 weeks later...
:blink: I have a Belkin "Wireless G MIMO USB network adapter" On box it says 10.3, and 10.4 is supported, I have 10.5.1 and just was crossing my fingers, because on the belkin driver site there is a 10.5.X beta driver, and it works great, connects every time, no hesitation. Load the driver (.dmg) and it prompts you when to plug in the device, which is common. I also have to wait till I am booted and then plug it in, as apposed to leaving it plugged in and boot.

My friend just bought an a-link PCI ethernet card, which worked 100% out-of-the-box :(

Now the only things not working are radeon x1300 series video card (no quartz extreme), and sleep mode (dowsn't wake up from sleep)

YES!!! My BCB57xx work!!!!!! But i have problem with MAC adress! How i can change him? Somebody help me please?

What problem are you having with the mac address? You shouldn't need to change the mac address. Each network card has a unique mac address that identifies it with the card.

What problem are you having with the mac address? You shouldn't need to change the mac address. Each network card has a unique mac address that identifies it with the card.

I know my mac adress! But in MAc OS i see this: MAC 00.00.00.00.00.00 How I can change to my mac adress?

D-link Ethernet DGE-528T PCI works right-out-of-the-box for me! :P

It's stated on the packaging that it works for both Windows and Macs. I have Leopard 10.5.2 installed.

For a cheap solution that you can get at any Best Buy, I recommend the Dynex DX-E102. It has the Realtek RTL8139 chipset. I put it in my computer and as soon as Leopard booted it recognized the new card and everything worked great. I'm running Kalyway 10.5.2 with vanilla 9.2.2 kernel.

I have used Hawking HWUG1A...there is a driver that comes on the disk for 10.5.x...but they tell you to go to the website and pick up the latest driver because I think there are drivers for 10.3.x and up....just remember you have to "activate it"...in system preferences, network (after installition)...it shows as a ethernet connection, not a wireless connection...so what I had to do was make my firewire and my LAN(wire)"inactive"...and then it showed up as another ethernet connection, in yellow, then configured it (dhcp or manual and WEP or whatever)....

I have also used linksys wusb54gc...by same steps as above...on the box listed as works on os10.3 and 10.4, so i went to linksys site and found a beta driver for 10.5.

Both these seemed to work great for me....

also I had to boot the machine, and after it is booted, then plug in the adapter to your usb, then the usb wireless utility for the adapter pops open....

Hope this helps...

I have been looking for stable LAN driver for my Kalyway 10.5.2 install.

As Mysticus C* said in his manual for iAtkos/Kalyway install NO LAN card works in Leo at 100%!

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...rt=#entry626198

====================================================

Frequently Reported Common Problems Regarding Certain Hardwares:

====================================================

# On board or Any network card: on board nic is a dream to work right now, and other nics that has a driver made around 10.4.8 or earlier doesnt work on Leopard correctly and has either freeze problems or network drops under heavy usage!!!! These network cards, are RTL 8139,8169 and some other models, as I said , have drivers but all these drivers made around 10.4.8 or earlier version of OSX. Although they work fine on normal usage, they drop network, under heavy usage, or can give freeze problem on some mobos while using programs like azureus or similar... below two wireless network cards, are quite new and they have official driver from manufacturer and their drivers are compiled to work on Leopard and they work fine under heavy usage or with network programs and doesnt cause drops or freeze (unlike other cards are made for 10.4.8 or earlier)

+ Linksys WUSB54GC (reported OK) (driver on my update package named under network drivers: RT73_2500_2870 USB Wireless)

+ Netgear WG111V3 wireless card (My suggestion) (driver on my update package under network drivers: RTL8187B USB Wireless

I got same cheep Realtek RTL8139 LAN card which here is reported as working - it's working but with one condition - it works only while Network usage is light. When up or down speed exceeds 2MB/s it just cuts out - only way to get it back restart Leo :(

Please say I'm wrong - and some LAN card is working 100% under heavy usage too. :)

(CPUs=1 dose not count as workig 100%)

Edit: I'm looking for on board Network card - wired card, not wireless - wireless isn't fast enough for me

my system:

EVGA NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard

EVGA 8800GTS 640MB Video Card

Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 Conroe 3.0GHz LGA 775

CORSAIR Dominator 2GB RAM

added for Leo - Realtek RTL8139 Network Controler

Hi,

I'm after a PCI-Express x1 NIC that will work - low profile preferred but as long as the bracket is completely removable, this is okay.

Any suggestions?

Yeah. The topic of this thread is "What network cards work?" I suggest if more people stuck to the topic it might actually be useful.