What network cards work?

Dartamis

613 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Netgear WG111 works with the driver from their site.

The D-Link DWL-G510 Rev. C2 doesn't work at all (unless I find a driver which will be a miracle). It has the Ralink RT61/RT2561 chip which has a name as not working (it only works on PowerPC at the moment).

• 2 weeks later...

hey there!

which "wifi pci card" would work -pretty much out of the box- with intels i5 cpu and snow leopard 32bit/64bit?

i'm trying to build a new system and the wifi card seems to be the hardest part...

thx for your help/advice,

vercetti.

Hi all,

I have been searching all the forums for a solution to my problem, with no joy.

I have Snow Leopard 10.6.2 running perfect on GA-EX58-UD5, (with thanks to digital_dreamers quality install and this forum) the only problem im having is with the wireless card I have fitted:

GN-WPKG PCI Card icon9.gif

I have installed the latest ralink drivers and I can see all the wireless connections in my area via the ralink Utility. But whenever I try to connect, it connects then disconnects and keeps repeating this process.

If anyone has any ideas on what I can do to get around this, that would be great.

Many thanks inadvance. icon1.gif

I bought a WG111v3 at best buy 43.39 with tax, you have to install the driver you download from Netgear to get it to work.

The blue led light on it will not turn on until the software is talking to it..

You also have to make a profile to keep your wep key.

I installed it on my EVGA 123-LF-E653-KR after messing around for three days trying to get the built in Marvell 88E8057 (Yukon 2).

I still would like the get the Marvell working so im posting this thread for FatShenanigans to look at.

The EVGA is still behaving erratically, the power saving mode crashes it, and sometimes it wont boot.

I attached dsdt dump, lspci, and ioreg dump.

Thank you for all help!

Seamus

dsdt_dump.txt

LsPci_info.txt

ioreg_dump.txt

I bought a WG111v3 at best buy 43.39 with tax, you have to install the driver you download from Netgear to get it to work.

The blue led light on it will not turn on until the software is talking to it..

You also have to make a profile to keep your wep key.

I installed it on my EVGA 123-LF-E653-KR after messing around for three days trying to get the built in Marvell 88E8057 (Yukon 2).

I still would like the get the Marvell working so im posting this thread for FatShenanigans to look at.

The EVGA is still behaving erratically, the power saving mode crashes it, and sometimes it wont boot.

I attached dsdt dump, lspci, and ioreg dump.

Thank you for all help!

Seamus

I'm on it :thumbsup_anim:

My cards dont work....... intel PRO/Wireless 3945.... I downloaded the update thing from iwidarwin and it still doesn't work... Also my Broadcom 10/100 Ethernet PCI Controller (BCM4401) network card wired doesn't work either it wont read it.... I installed the broadcom {censored} but it just doesn't read it.... it just says Ethernet cable not connect even when it is....

• 1 month later...
Can some of you list network cards that you have working (native), I can't seem to get mine to show up so I'll go pick one up at the store.

Hey all, I think I have some really good news. I have my Intel 3945 Wifi adapter in my D620 working. If this has already been done, then please, ignore this.

I've been using Snow Leopard 10.6.3 on my D620 for two weeks now (approximately) with great luck. However, the other day, I noticed that it seemed like my system had a memory leak which seemingly was caused by the Nvidia video kext. So, I started looking for some fixes.

Well, this morning (Sat, 17 April 2010) I downloaded the RAR made by Leppy710M, and installed it on my D620. When it booted, I noticed that I had an AIRPORT icon in my menu bar, and when I opened system preferences, I was prompted to add a new AirPort device. WOW!

My hardware is a D620 with the NVS 110M video card and the Intel 3945 Wifi card. In the past I had played around with the Voodoo Labs 3945 driver, but never had any luck with it - until today. And Wi-fi catcher mode is turned off in the BIOS. BIOS version is A10, BTW.

The only problem I am having with this is while it is showing my neighbors pop on/off the list of available networks, I cannot connect to any of them, not even the unsecured ones. Looks like DHCP is not working out of the box for AirPort.

Please see the screenshots on this thread from an earlier post of mine this morning http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...00#entry1450362

If someone could tell me what info they need me to provide on my hardware, software, or firmware configuration, I'd be more than happy to. Send me a private email, IM, etc. I also tried posting in the official wifi driver thread for the 3945, but it has been closed/locked. I also tried to post more screenshots, but I keep getting 500-type errors from the webserver here.

Brian

Hi, i have a SURECOM EP-320X-S card and it doesn't work on my OSX. Does anyone know of any compatible drivers?

I'm running iAtkos V7 Leopard 10.5.7.

The card works perfect on Ubuntu 9.1 with no need of additional drivers.

Please let me know if there's a way to make it work, i've searched for it everywhere and i haven't been able to find it.

Thank you!

I've gone through many pages in this thread but haven't really seen anyone confirm that a

Wireless USB adapter works natively with Apple's AirPort Utility on OS X 10.5.x Leopard?

Can anyone recommend one that works even on reboots / restarts?

It would be nice if it can transfer large files without it dropping connection too.

Also will it stay online constantly for more than a few hours?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
B612:

Man thanks is working, but is working with scrtchy sound and it doesnt sounds alots, i mean is like the volume was low...

is the a fix for this?

Edit:

hahaha, i just changed the output to the(mean connect the cable in the headphones plug), headphones output and i can hear it more that at the lineout output, still i cant hear it as much as at windows... lol

mine too

Everyone seems to forget about the Atheros AR5B91 because it didn't work in Leopard but in Snow Leopard 10.6.3 it has native 64 bit support ,says it has wireless N support(can't confirm I only have wireless G) and is available on E-bay for $12 with free shipping

hi guys,

I cant make a new topic so i searched and tought this topic is the best place to ask.

I have the chance to buy 2 mini pici wifi cars:

Atheros AR5BXB61 or Atheros AR5007EG

I wanted to know wich wifi card would be the best and is compatible at the moment with Leopard 10.5.6 ?

Im searching for another one because mine is: Intel 3495 wifi card :)

I hope some one can advise me!

hi guys,

I cant make a new topic so i searched and tought this topic is the best place to ask.

I have the chance to buy 2 mini pici wifi cars:

Atheros AR5BXB61 or Atheros AR5007EG

I wanted to know wich wifi card would be the best and is compatible at the moment with Leopard 10.5.6 ?

Im searching for another one because mine is: Intel 3495 wifi card -_-

I hope some one can advise me!

I dont know what the compatibility on the AR5BXB61 is, but I can tell you to stay far away from the AR5007EG. It simply doesnt work more than once, and even then its a pain to get going.

• 2 months later...

Looking for a good (current) PCI card to run in 10.6.4, can't seem to find one in this thread. Anyone?

However, to add one case of a working USB adapter:

I have an Edimax EW-7711UAn Wi-Fi adapter and it works without any hacks if you get the latest drivers. However, the Ralink utility has to always be running in the background (it does not integrate with the OS's native Airport icon in the system tray). It's a bit janky and is always consuming 15-20% of CPU (well, of one core), so I'm looking to return it for a PCI card. Assuming there's a good option out there.