What network cards work?

Dartamis

613 posts in this topic

Please help, I my default wireless card was a Intel 3945 which we don't have drivers for yet so I replaced it with a Dell True Wireless 1490 which has Broadcom 4311 chipset, should work out of the box but Leo gives it the wrong driver in the NetworkInterfaces.plist, see below.

<dict>

<key>BSD Name</key>

<string>en1</string>

<key>IOBuiltin</key>

<true/>

<key>IOInterfaceType</key>

<integer>6</integer>

<key>IOInterfaceUnit</key>

<integer>2</integer>

<key>IOMACAddress</key>

<data>

ABRR3BE5

</data>

<key>IOPathMatch</key>

<string>IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/P0P3@1C,2/IOPCI2PCIBridge/ethernet@0/AirPort_Athr5424ab/AtherosM35abInterface</string>

I don't know what to do now. So I'll take any help. Thanks guys & gals!!

Thanks for the fast reply, I didn't see that, it was like that cause I was screwing around with the NetworkInterfaces.plist. Anyway, I just reloaded iATKOS and this time I did not select the IONetworkingFamily.kext that is on the install disk. After I rebooted it was going through the question & answer phase and it knew recognized the Dell True Wireless 1490 as a Airport card. So we live and learn do we, I just seem to learn this stuff slower at times.

hi,

i have returned to the store and gave the "Edimax 7318 USG"

another try and it works, all i had to do is d/l RALink drivers for 10.5 and plug it in AFTER the system was up otherwise just plug it out and plug it back in, the RALink utility will auto launch.

known issues: slow upload (cant even send mail) and the replugin after boot.

hope this helps someone

I have a Braodcom 57xx in my Dell Optiplex GX280. I did the fix of putting the updated AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext in the extensions folder and now OSX see's the card and gets and ip address. However my mac address is still all 0's. I follow the instructions to manually define the mac address and when I hit enter, it locks up the pc. So I'm stuck since this pc is behind a switch that requires a mac address to forward to.

Hey, I have a Dell PC running Kalyway's 10.5 install. My network card is Intel® 82566DC Gigabit Platform LAN Connect (Or that is what SIW gave me from windows) and it is not working at all.

Internet is the last thing I need to have a complete installation of Leopard, so if anyone has insight, I would be very grateful. Thank you!

By any chance would the Dell 1370 Wireless G or D-Link DWA-130 work with OS X 10.4.8 JaS Intel?

Does any1 know if these USB wlan cards are compatible with osx leopard?

Engenius EUB-9702 Wireless N USB Adapter and Engenius EUB-9702 Wireless N USB Adapter.

I'm looking and either 1 of these two to buy cause there are no drivers for my wireless card as yet, and they bith support wireless N. thanks.

as well as this product here: http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage...oduct_Id=372146

Plugs into the expresscard slot on compatible notebooks.

My onboard nVidia MAC Lan 10/100/1000mbps on my MSI K8n Neo works fine but you have to have it disabled in the bios while you do the initial OSX setup. Then you can re-enable it and it works fine. The reason is unknown.

This is a more expensive solution, but I was able to order an Atheros 5008 a/b/g/n mini-pcie card (from ebay) and plug it into my hackintosh by using a PCI Express to Mini-PCIe adapter:

http://www.orbitmicro.com/global/pciexpres...pter-p-771.html

(I did a google search and there were only two companies offering this adapter and this link has the cheapest)

The total cost was about $140, but now I'm able to connect to Apple Airport Extreme 802.11N router at 5ghz. The Atheros card reports as Airport, and no drivers were required to connect it to the adapter. Just make sure you order 3 antennas that work at the 5ghz range (my wireless came with the wires). I live in a area with several wireless networks so I needed to move to a higher band to avoid the interference. I also order the Time Capsule so I will be using it for Time Machine backups with the other macs in the house.

This solution is for those that want to have their hackintoshes compatible with the airport extreme at the higher frequency. I don't believe there are any pci/pci express 802.11N adapters that currently go into the 5ghz range, especially compatible with macs.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesss sssiirrrr!!!!

I am happy with this sucess!!!

Acer Aspire 5610

Coreduo 2g

ram 2g

iatkos .10.5.1

NOTE: 3945ABG not a go!

Got myself a 35$ belkin Ver 3 and voila!!!At first,after driver install,it was not working.I need to remove then insert it back!

YES sIRRRR!!!!!WOWOOOO!!!

i'm so happy I could just {censored} in my pants! eh eh eh!!!!

Running Kalyway 10.5.1 and the D-Link DWA-542 works great no patching needed and is recognized as being compatible with wireless N. I have another hardwire NIC and it is the Intel 82558 and it also works out of box with no patching needed. My setup is a Dell Dimension 3000. I hope that helps some people out there looking for a new PCI wireless NIC that needs no patching. ;)

Running Kalyway 10.5.1 and the D-Link DWA-542 works great no patching needed and is recognized as being compatible with wireless N. I have another hardwire NIC and it is the Intel 82558 and it also works out of box with no patching needed. My setup is a Dell Dimension 3000. I hope that helps some people out there looking for a new PCI wireless NIC that needs no patching. The DWA-542 is a bit pricey at $90 but I don't mind because this isn't even my computer.;)