JAS 10.4.7 install dvd

coolio2004

203 posts in this topic

I think you have it MadDoggyca. If my Hack will read dmg from NTFS USB drive it will be even easier. dmg2iso.exe didn't work for me, winrar out2iso *seems* to have worked, but not wanting to waste time, I will use your trick. :)

THanks!

Which is the minimum version of Winrar to do this?

I´ve tried this with the LEOPARD dmg and no luck.

>>> EDIT <<<

Worked with JAS 10.4.7

I totally doubt that you actually succeeded in producing a JaS 10.4.7 DVD that boots up all the way up to the installer window .. :pirate2: . Why? The image resulting from the unrar weighs 3,38 GB, whereas the correct ISO converted with Disk Utility has 4,37 GB. Apparently you have not opened the unrared image with UltraISO either: it is NOT a Hybrid ISO/ HFS image, but only a bootable ISO image - no HFS partiton with all the Mac data needed for install !!

I really don't get it why you guys post stuff in here without testing all the way through up to the point where you have produced a product that works - this is so unprofessional and leads people astray. Why do you guys (asapreta, msll) do this ???? You are not 13 year old kids are you .. ? :tomato::thumbsdown_anim:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, this approach is initeresting in general. I unpacked with WinRAR 3.5.1 - maybe the new 3.6 works, or another decompression tool like 7zip, Stuffit etc. Whoever wants to do some more testing is invited to do so. Unless the resulting image weighs ~ 4,37 GB and shows up in UltraISO (8.2) as ISO/ HFS Hybrid there is no success.

i download the image... burn it with Toast... install with the patches

needed for my machine, but after the final reboot it crashes with a crazy

error kernel panic, or something like it and hangs there....

what should i do different ?

if someone can help !

OK, I downloaded this overnight and burnt it...

Installed it...

Reboot...

*HANG* *CRY* *PUNCH WALL*

I have no idea what could be doing it, seems to be graphics so I copied Callisto kext's and ATI9700.plugin but still no difference :blink:

By the way JaS... I frickin' love you man! Keep up the awesome work!

post-38656-1156301958_thumb.jpg post-38656-1156301985_thumb.jpg

It looks like you installed the ATI Radeon X1600/x1800/x1900 support package and atindrv is Loading for display.Boot into save boot and delete atindrv.kext and then everything should be fine.

i download the image... burn it with Toast... install with the patches

needed for my machine, but after the final reboot it crashes with a crazy

error kernel panic, or something like it and hangs there....

what should i do different ?

if someone can help !

You have AMD X2 and SSE3 enabled?

You have AMD X2 and SSE3 enabled?~

yes i have SSE3, i´m on INTEL MOBO - P4 3.2 - GMA 900

all other versions install without any problem.

JaS! can u help me on that ? is there any problem installing

on SATA HD ?? i read something about that, but no confirmation

should i use IDE drive ?

Thank you Jas for this release, however, this dvd does not come with the open gl fix, I thought jas fixed this problem, powermanagement still does not work, is in the same level of the maxxuss 10.4.4 dvd's that he released, not optimization at all.

I did hdiutil, but the iso does not boot. Running the macosinstall pack directly ends up with an install error.

Mounted the dmg directly and ran the macosinstall pack directly which also ends up with an install error.

I did burn on toast 7, and managed to boot, and am now in the process of installing, will see if it works...

It did work... There is a security update on Mac website, but I dont want to push my luck.

So for those who are lucky to have a Mac, u can burn jas dmg with Toast and it will give u a fully functional and bootable hacked macosx x86 10.4.7 dvd.

It looks like you installed the ATI Radeon X1600/x1800/x1900 support package and atindrv is Loading for display.Boot into save boot and delete atindrv.kext and then everything should be fine.

Thanks JaS, I did get it to work before reading your quick response... I am the sort of person who thinks 'install it anyway, if it's not needed, it won't use it' but clearly I was wrong. (of course I didn't think that with the AMD patches)

I need to copy all my stuff over and make sure it's OK before getting rid of my other install...

Thanks again for your hard work on this!

Its funny. All these people downloaded this image, yet Im still here since day 1, on 96%. Okay, Im in Europe, but on a 7 Mb/s connection. If you'd be so kind to keep on seeding it, I'd appreciate it. I'll make sure I'll seed it on full throttle for the future downloaders... =)

I'll have to say thanks to JaS. 10.4.7 install, this is awesome. =)

I download image and mount in macos desktop, before burn this wiht toast, but the dvd is not boot, what is the problem. Exist diference betwen JAS DVD paquet and JAS Update 10.4.7, I uses the second and work fine, the other questions is, if Macpro work in 10.4.7 whit Nvidia why me nvidia card not. Sorry for my english

For those of you with the ATI x200 chipset....stay away from this release. Once I finally managed to overcome the "Still Waiting on Root Device" issue, I found I still had tons of problems. System Profiler crashes immediatly, taking Finder with it. Various other little annoyances also occur.

JaS - Nice effort, sure for the bulk of folks out there this will be real nice since you have integrated all the patches, but as usual us x200 folks are up you know what's creek without a paddle on this one.

Everyone who has the x200 chipset, stick with the Myzar 10.4.6 install, definitly the best results so far.

For those of you with the ATI x200 chipset....stay away from this release. Once I finally managed to overcome the "Still Waiting on Root Device" issue, I found I still had tons of problems. System Profiler crashes immediatly, taking Finder with it. Various other little annoyances also occur.

I've noticed the crashing System Profiler (bringing down finder) and also Installer-process hangs whenever I try to install anything. I get exactly the same symptoms on my amd X2-system at home. But it doesn't seem to happen on my Northwood P4 (SSE2) system at work. Jas 10.4.7 works flawless there so I guess it must have something to do with the amd patches in this image.....

And also the X1900 dashboard animation-bug is still there but that's probably because the opengl-frameworks are the same as the ones distributed with the ati 3.2 installer (the only frameworks that work with these drivers, and also the only drivers that work with x1900-cards).

great work!

After install this new 10.4.7, everything seemed work, but strangely the PC card is missing (unrecognised anymore)

is there anyway for a quick fix? so I can go on wireless ?

thanks in advance

>>> EDIT <<<

Worked with JAS 10.4.7

Are different types of DMG?

Yep, I think so.

PS. I can't install this JAS 10.4.7 on my toshiba A105-S1013 just like the former release 10.4.6. I hate my notebook which has ATI SB450 mobo.

Therefore, I am not sure this rename/winrar way works or not. Please keep us informed. Thanks.

My laptop has a SB450 and im in 10.4.6 just fine. I am going to reinstall with 10.4.7 tomorrow. Nothing wrong with running osx on an ati motherboard. Works great. I have sound and wireless. My ati x1600 works great too.

so is it really worth it to upgrade to 10.4.7 from 10.4.5 then?

I installed using one of the maxxus iso images a long time ago and I have been using osx as my primary os for almost 5 months now...I would hate to hose my fully working osx machine by trying to upgrade if there will be no performance or software gains...

(I am running on an intel P4 670, D915GUX mobo w/ onboard intel Grantsdale graphics, and everything except the onboard gigabit networking is fully supported)

I got the JaS dvd, but I thought I would check to see if upgrading would be worth it...

any help is appreciated

JaS, I noticed the separate *.pkg for Intel Combo update with Semjaza's decrypts... Can I not simply install that over my 10.4.5 install?

I had a crack at 10.4.7 but I can't seem to get wireless to work...

I may just wait for Leopard...

If only I could get rid of mouse tearing, I would have a perfect OS X install...

OK, I downloaded this overnight and burnt it...

Installed it...

Reboot...

*HANG* *CRY* *PUNCH WALL*

I have no idea what could be doing it, seems to be graphics so I copied Callisto kext's and ATI9700.plugin but still no difference :D

By the way JaS... I frickin' love you man! Keep up the awesome work!

post-38656-1156301958_thumb.jpg post-38656-1156301985_thumb.jpg

i've got the same problem, but i have an intel gma950 and i don't installed the ati kexts.

i return to 10.4.6

To everyone who doesnt have toast, there is an iso repack for this torrent on Demonioid

The name is: Mac OS X 10.4.7 AMD/Intel (JaS) ISO Repack

Couldn't find it Demon or PB... Where is the precious?

thanks!

Started to get this one from demonoid. Torrent download in progress. Before I spent 10 hours getting this guy, anyone tried it to confirm that can be burnt ok on windows?