JAS 10.4.7 install dvd

coolio2004

203 posts in this topic

saw this comment on demonoid:

Posted by Ratio: 0.05diegooo 3 hours ago

I have tested isobuster ultraiso dmg2iso neroburning+daemontools magic iso stuffit transmac macdisk with no success. Finally i start my 10.4.6 HD osx86 and burn with toast. I haven't found anyone in internet able to manage this.

i guess windows users are hopeless... for now.

For god's sake would someone with some decent bandwidth to spare and a Mac available convert this to a standard ISO and upload it for all these Windows folks! I am much more interested to hear people's reports on installation of this release. Personally, have had nothing but problems with it, but have been trying to load it on my problem child laptop (see specs below). Have yet to get a successful install, and driving me batty as to why. Right now starting over again with Myzar 10.4.6 and then seeing if I can do an "upgrade"

Here is one possible method to convert the dmg to iso on windows, but it requires an existing installation of osx86 on vmware, and a lot of time.

- download the jas 10.4.7 image on windows

- have your vmware access the physical drive (so that mac osx can read your ntfs partition)

- boot up mac osx on vmware

- run Terminal

- hdiutil convert /path-to-the-dmg/JaS.10.4.7.dmg -format -o /path-to-save-the-iso/JaS.10.4.7

- transfer the iso image back to your ntfs partition using ftp or samba through the bridged network/NAT/host-only network (either of them will work)

I'm still at the last step and can't confirm yet whether the generated iso image will boot.

The ISO file is too large (~4.38gb) and therefore you cannot just write that into a FAT partition, you have to use a network to transfer it back to your ntfs partition.

Yes I know its slow and its dumb but currently this is the only way to do it

Why? Whoever has not gotten 10.4.x installed by now shall simply - install one of the numerous 10.4.x ISOs or - SHUT UP !! All these whiners should really be embarrassed about themselves .. :)

Yes BB, unless of course some newcomer wants to install for the first time, so (s)he'll have to wait for an iso version, or install 10.4.6.

I remember well converting dmg to iso with UltraISO to apply a jas or myzar ppf patch; wondering why Ultraiso craps in this case... I guess it isn't ready to handle well dmg yet. (/edit: ok, ultraiso might not support udbz compressed image...)

Anyway, if there's a ppf patch in the future, just make iso with hdiutil or from burned dvd.

As for Hotiso, haven't received an answer about its md5 at the tracker. But wouldn't be surprised if it was the same: 3GB dmg (rared). They couldn't make an iso themselves, too much in a hurry to release it!

I am running the 10.4.6 install, all is great. So what is this dvd? Just the 10.4.7 patch on it?

From a jas comment on the olive-tinted demon:

I built new 10.4.7 update packages for amd (with 10.4.7 amd semjaza decrypts) and intel (with 10.4.7 Intel semjaza decrypts) with this release from the 10.4.7 combo update from apple.

Also added a installer package for ATI Radeon X1600/X1800/X1900 gfx cards.

Hi, guys,

It's very simple to burn this 10.4.7 dmg into DVD. You don't have to have any pre-installed OSX

1) rename the .dmg to .rar

2) use winrar (in MS windows) to open the renamed .rar file (it's actually .bzip2 format) and extract the single file inside

3) rename the extracted file to .iso

4) you know how to do now.

Thanks Jas!

>>>EDIT<<<

It looks not working. Please don't try this way. Sorry about that!

lol! good find.

/edit: for me, the resulting iso from this procedure doesn't boot well ("Apple_hsf" is label, rather than "Jas 10.4.7"). In another test, if i leave as dmg and convert with ultraiso, at least ultraiso recognizes it, but again same booting problem as above.

The original jas 10.4.7 dmg file when burnt does boot well.

Tests done in vmware.

Could someone convert this to an ISO so people can actually use the image. The DMG file is useless to anyone who doesn't already have OSX installed. UltraISO etc. do NOT work for this particular file. I am pretty sure there are alot of people who are unable to burn an image of this under XP.

serious man WTF STFU! all you whining babies. oh i cant do this on winblows blah blah blah its too slow. If your gonna complain and {censored} go buy a damn macintel n shut up already. GEEZUS spoiled brats!. its better to take long versus not to be able to convert anything! You should be thanking jas for his efforts if it wasnt for him you wouldn't even exist on this forum to post a single {censored} complaint. Spend countless hours doing patches yourselfs. I bet you want JAS himself to come to your house and configure your wireless network for you too! and be your little slave.

READ: all you have to do is read!!!!!!!!! Im on windows XP for the hell of it you rename .dmg to .rar and once its in that format you can drag that to the desktop and name it .iso Great advice from msll.

Hi, guys,

It's very simple to burn this 10.4.7 dmg into DVD. You don't have to have any pre-installed OSX

1) rename the .dmg to .rar

2) use winrar (in MS windows) to open the renamed .rar file (it's actually .bzip2 format) and extract the single file inside

3) rename the extracted file to .iso

4) you know how to do now.

Thanks Jas!

Which is the minimum version of Winrar to do this?

I´ve tried this with the LEOPARD dmg and no luck.

>>> EDIT <<<

Worked with JAS 10.4.7

Are different types of DMG?

>>> EDIT <<<

Worked with JAS 10.4.7

Are different types of DMG?

Yep, I think so.

PS. I can't install this JAS 10.4.7 on my toshiba A105-S1013 just like the former release 10.4.6. I hate my notebook which has ATI SB450 mobo.

Therefore, I am not sure this rename/winrar way works or not. Please keep us informed. Thanks.

OK, I downloaded this overnight and burnt it...

Installed it...

Reboot...

*HANG* *CRY* *PUNCH WALL*

I have no idea what could be doing it, seems to be graphics so I copied Callisto kext's and ATI9700.plugin but still no difference ;)

By the way JaS... I frickin' love you man! Keep up the awesome work!

post-38656-1156301958_thumb.jpg post-38656-1156301985_thumb.jpg

Here is one possible method to convert the dmg to iso on windows, but it requires an existing installation of osx86 on vmware, and a lot of time.

- download the jas 10.4.7 image on windows

- have your vmware access the physical drive (so that mac osx can read your ntfs partition)

- boot up mac osx on vmware

- run Terminal

- hdiutil convert /path-to-the-dmg/JaS.10.4.7.dmg -format -o /path-to-save-the-iso/JaS.10.4.7

- transfer the iso image back to your ntfs partition using ftp or samba through the bridged network/NAT/host-only network (either of them will work)

I'm still at the last step and can't confirm yet whether the generated iso image will boot.

The ISO file is too large (~4.38gb) and therefore you cannot just write that into a FAT partition, you have to use a network to transfer it back to your ntfs partition.

Yes I know its slow and its dumb but currently this is the only way to do it

Thank you for your USEFUL post... i try soon! :D

I see too aggressive words and "shut up" on this topic... ;)

The forum it's for help and question, and for share info... or not?

W Apple software!

I downloaded, burned it, installed and it sucked :compress: after installation and reboot, all I get is the Apple Starup Screen and a Do Not Enter like sign and it stays there, left my computer on for like 20 minutes and didnt pass from there... Any ideas on what it could be? With 10.4.6 install everything works fine...

Want to know how I burnt a DMG with out useing a MAC?? Or converting it??? come on use brain people??? do u remmebr what 10.4.6 waz a?? a stander ISO duh.... so here how to burn with out a real MAC or converting the image

well if u are tring ot instal 10.4.7 it mean u want to run OSX anywazs..

take that lovy 10.4.6 or lower and install it first.... then laod up OSX X86 10.4.6 in this case... go to disk ultility....and click brun image~~ notice osx can read ntfs drives... now seclect the DMG file and burn it .....

take that finished disc... restart your pc and wip your 10.4.6 and install 10.4.7...

wall laaa it works...