JAS 10.4.7 install dvd

coolio2004

203 posts in this topic

Thx bwhsh8r, i´ll have to download the ISO Repack from demonoid.

Thx again.

no problem, i still have the problem of how to burn .dmg files in windows :D but hey, at least that can be easially fixed (i think.... )

max

MayBe This solution should work...

First Get the DMG to Mac OS ..

Convert it to CUE/BIN format with the help of Roxio Toast..

Then Zip Both of the .CUE and .BIN file and the size again becomes around 2.99GB

and then it can be transferred to the Windows Partition (FAT32)..and again extracted from the Zip and

EDIT:-then just burn this CUE/BIN file with the Writing software and use the disc to install the OS natively via VMWare coz the Disc image emulation is not supported in the Installation....so place the disc in the Physical rive and then use it for installation at VMWare..coz its safe in there..

Try the Samba fix file in this post: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=173191

If the file downloads with a suffix of ".txt", then remove the ".txt" and double-click the .dmg

I've the samba problem that when you're trying to connect to a server via CMD+K and specifying eg.

smb://server_name/$share

It doesn't do anything and I tried downloading that fix, but it didn't have any affect.

I'm not exactly sure what's wrong, but does anyone have a solution for the JaS 10.4.7 DVD install version with regard to Samba?

Thought it was a problem for me only.! About this mac and Sound Same for me too, what Graphics cards you lot using... get a black screen on an ATi, i think i may stay with 10.4.6.

Installing 10.4.7 as an Update and Fresh from a DVD has gave me nothing but errors, unless someone can see any solutions.?

Some more minor problems arising :

Not able to reboot..that could be solved..by HexEditing...

but the shutdown says Wating For Metadata

as a repeated series of text and the machine never shuts down its a non ending list of this message..

Also i m not able to insatll softwares which are Wizard based..

Fixed Black Screen with OpenGL.Framework and ATi kexts from 10.4.4/5 DVD (no Quartz Doh, Could be Callisto, Will investigate)

I have a Pre Hex Edited Kernel and replaced the Jas AMD SSE2 one from the DVD with mine SHUTDOWN - RESTART - LOG OFF dont work Still.

I succesfully downloaded the ISO image.

But I was unable to install it.

See attached JPEG file about the problem I got:

post-52969-1156631050_thumb.jpg

Any solution ?

Thanks!

That is a Kernel issue, Did you use the right one for your Processor.?

. . . how do I select the proper one ?

I simply downloaded this ISO and tried to install it:

Mac-OS-X-10.4.7-AMD.Intel-(JaS)-ISO-Repack

My PC is quite old, this is my hardware setup:

AMD Athlon XP 1800 (1.5 Ghz)

512 megs of RAM

AT RADEON 8500

Maxtor 250 GB

The motherboard is an EPoX 8KHA+

Bye!

You're welcome for that repack :)

I'm glad to see people have been successful with it.

BIG ASSED THANKS GOES OUT TO BEZEEK AN JAS........ :tomato: :pirate2: :dev: :mellow: :jester::robot::huh::soldiers::yoji:

Yes I meant to yell that.....

I was stuck with trying to figure out how to convert that dmg..... then I saw the RAR file.....

I've installed 10.4.7 off bezeeks image twice (unfortunately on the same machine, forgot to install the gma900 package.....) although when trying to do a new install on vmware it doesn't get past the apple with the spinning thing at the bottom. Oh well. I'm putting it on a machine that I got specifically for building a native mac. I'm putting osx on one drive and the other drive is going to have win xp and linux partitions. The asus mother board has a selectable boot drive option in it's bios. Which I love.... Since my dual and triple boot systems are mostly multiple drive systems and not partitions that works great for me.

I've been a silent participant on this site for a while and wanted to show my appreciation....

Magicman

Oh nice I'm adding this from my new osx 10.4.7 intel mac...... ohhh man this rocks..... I really liked the gma900 package in the installer. Made getting QE and CI a snap....

for the spec happy people here's what I have

Asus P5GD-VM (intel 915 chipset)

Celeron 3ghz

512 meg ram

80 gig hard drive

sony DVD-RW

All works perfectly.

Thank you thank you thank you for making this install so easy.

Magicman :happymac:

. . . how do I select the proper one ?

I simply downloaded this ISO and tried to install it:

Mac-OS-X-10.4.7-AMD.Intel-(JaS)-ISO-Repack

My PC is quite old, this is my hardware setup:

AMD Athlon XP 1800 (1.5 Ghz)

512 megs of RAM

AT RADEON 8500

Maxtor 250 GB

The motherboard is an EPoX 8KHA+

Bye!

First off..u dont have a processor to the the OS...it takes SSE2/SSE3 based processor atleast to run the OS..and that the processor is AMD Athlon XP..it only supports SSE instruction..

tripleboot, does connecting to a Windows shared folder over the network work for you? I can't get mine working.

mir...

Apple File Share do not work after install 10.4.7 Combo Update in any case. I think wath is some problem with new feature apple extensions AFP, or something.

For use file share is best not install combo update, install 10.4.7 update JaS package.

hi all!!! i just want to know.... i have the 10.4.6 installed and updated to 10.4.7 with Jas update... is there any difference if i install it using the 10.4.7 DVD, i mean, any advantages or improvements??? what is the difference really???

thanks

serious man WTF STFU! all you whining babies. oh i cant do this on winblows blah blah blah its too slow. If your gonna complain and {censored} go buy a damn macintel n shut up already. GEEZUS spoiled brats!. its better to take long versus not to be able to convert anything! You should be thanking jas for his efforts if it wasnt for him you wouldn't even exist on this forum to post a single {censored} complaint. Spend countless hours doing patches yourselfs. I bet you want JAS himself to come to your house and configure your wireless network for you too! and be your little slave.

READ: all you have to do is read!!!!!!!!! Im on windows XP for the hell of it you rename .dmg to .rar and once its in that format you can drag that to the desktop and name it .iso Great advice from msll.

Are you trying to be ironic or are you just an idiot?

I downloaded the .dmg file at MS Windows and i renamed this file .dmg to .rar, as a friend say some pages back, extract the file using winrar and i renamed the content for .iso file. I used the Roxio Easy Media creator for burn the DVD and it return a error in the final of the burn process.

Then i go run boot from it and nothing happened. My internet connection is very slow and i would not want do download of the .iso repack from demonoid once again. I no has another solution with this .dmg file? :compress:

[uPDATE]

No is necessary guys, i erased the file from my computer, i thinked better and my OS X works fine today, i no go update it now, perhaps in the future. :compress: