JAS 10.4.7 install dvd

coolio2004

203 posts in this topic

Hi all i downloaded this DVD, but while i want to boot from DVD booting process fails with HPET error. I know there is many questions about this, but i not found answer.

I have Acer Travelmate 8202WLMi

----------

Sorry my english

5 ruined dvd-r's later, i quit and am getting the .iso. i tried burning with disk util and it failed at verification, burned it with toast but i burned it as a data dvd >:(. then i mounted the img and hit toast it and it failed at verification. then one time i was burning and i think i knocked the usb cable loose (external burner) and it said low current nad failed.

gah...

From JaS at the demon's:

MD5 for the dmg is : cb851b658e1fc25255796e1b5b73d894

So check if you have this md5. If you have the same, then it should burn ok; if you don't, your bt client wasn't adequate.

For me, Disk Utility burning went well, including verification.

Use good blank dvds. Burn at lower speed (there is decompression and burning going on, remember).

Good luck.

Hit f8 as it boots, and type -v to get into verbose mode.

Try to remember/note whats written out.

People will then be able to help you out better.

Also maybe tell people what is your pc configuration.

And also, finally, try searching with following keywords for similar problems that might have solutions on insanelymac: enter, no entry

For example i could find this post: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...amp;hl=no+entry

Good luck.

if you have a core duo disable the second core in BIOS, maybe that helps ..

Hi all i downloaded this DVD, but while i want to boot from DVD booting process fails with HPET error. I know there is many questions about this, but i not found answer.

I have Acer Travelmate 8202WLMi

----------

Sorry my english

Any answers why after install and rebooting it gets stock and all I see is the Apple Logo and a small like do not Enter sing... Left it for about 20 minutes and nothing happen...

The "do not enter sign" is generally saying it can't find the root device. Basically, its not finding the hard drive that you installed the operating system too.

But yes, please press F8 before it boots (I usually just tap it a bunch until the menu comes up) and type -v

Give us that output.

As for this image, I'm running 10.4.6 right now and I'm currently downloading the image with Azureus. I've never really had a problem with a JaS release before so lets see how this goes! :D

I'm piping 500KB/sec :):):)

yeah :D

under testing : :)

rename it jaS.10.4.7.rar

unrar the jas 10.4.7 (JaS.10.4.7.rar - BZIP2 archive)

rename the extract file with iso, burn it with nero (unreconize format --> lets raw)

wait :)

i try on a dvd rewritable, the disk is burn (not full something like 90% burn ?)

I put on my computer --> it's boot :-)

-----------edit----------

darwin is booting but not find something like apple library boot

--------------------------

:) but not try it (at this time partition not create ^^

why dvd rewritable is not possible, it's look like ok ? (when i burn a boot system like ubuntu or another linux on a rewritable it's work, slowly but work ^^) ?

next operation in few hours or tomorow

If you'd have read the thread like I did (yeah, I read the whole thing), you'd know that method doesn't work because it doesn't create a hybrid ISO. Your ISO should be over 4GB and that method dumps an ISO around 3.something (hence, corrupt).

Just do it from OS X or you're going to have to download the ISO version.

Also, the download just finished. I've never seen a torrent in OS X hit 800KB/sec before. It didn't just hit it, it stayed above 750 for the rest of the download!

Downloaded the ISO-Repack (after playing around with the DMG without having success) and tried a VMWare install - works flawless. Sound and networking out of the box...great.

Thx JaS and thx to the repacker!

0 problems downloading or burning(used toast), I do however have a problem booting into normal mode, graphics are all scrambled on a ATi X300, i can get into safe mode(-x), apart from the Graphics problem all seems cool.

Anyone any idea what's the problem.? is it the 10.4.7 ATi .Kexts dont really fancy another re-install.

:D I just downloaded this off Demoniod and was happy to try. (You can see my system specs in signature) I see that the Venice AMD is the only supported AMD CPU? If not, I was also going to ask how to make a log of the errors I am getting in bootup to OSX. I'm getting a lot of errors, but can't even get to welcome screen. I have followed every type of install method I have found on OSx86 wiki site. Anyone have a clue?

Edit:

Most of the erros start with this: (66-114).603 AppleUSBHCI[0x20bb000]

the 66-114 is the range of numbers I have seen during a -v bootup. Any help would be nice

run fine for me with the iso version ^^ thx thx thx

split my HD in two and create a partition in fat 32 with acronis

install os selector with acronis ! (!!!! 8 touch ^^)

boot on dvd (burn on rewritable for people just want try, it's may be possible but slowly)

run disk util and format/erase the fat 32 (mac extended)

next but dont forget to choose custom installation (yeah ! jas option ^^)

work on Acer travelMate 290 pentium centrino M 1.3 sound work and volume shortcut too really nice !!!!!!

(not try the wifi)

Ok, I got the ISO image and was able to get into install, partition an existing HD that I have set as primary. It installed without a hitch, rebooted and I get all text when booting, without even using -v command. Here are just some of the error's I'm getting... (the (Time&Date) just is the time and date I get these messages)

(Time&Date) kextd[30]: kld_load_from_memory() failed for module /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext/Contents/MacOS/NVDAResman
(Time&Date) kextd[30]: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extentions/NVDANV40Hal.kext
(Time&Date) kextd[33]: kld_load_from_memory() failed for module /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/PlugIn/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/MacOS/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin
(Time&Date) kextd[33]: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIn/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext
(Time&Date) kextd[40]: kld_load_form_memory() failed for module /System/Library/Extentions/NVDAResman.kext/Contents/MacOS/NVDAResman
(Time&Date) kextd[40]: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extentions/GeForce.kext
Language Chooser seems to have failed; defaulting to English
localhost mDNSResponder-108 (Dec 25 2005 11: 57:53)[46]: Starting
localhost diskarbitrationd[52]: Unable to mount /dev/disk0s1 (status code 0x00000047)
localhost DirectoryService[61]: Launch versoin 2.1 (v353.2)
localhost mDNSResponder: Couldn't read user-specified ComputerName; using default bMacintosh-000000000000b instead
localhost mDNSResponder: Couldn't read user-specified local hostname; using default bMacintosh-000000000000.localb instead
localhost mDNSResponder: adding browse doman local
localhost mDNSResponder: Couldn't read user-specified ComputerName; using default bMacintosh-000000000000b instead
localhost mDNSResponder: Couldn't read user-specified local hostname; using default bMacintosh-000000000000.localb instead
localhost /System/Library/CoreServices/Loginwindow.app/Contents/MacOS/loginwindow: Login Window Application Started

After that, it freezes and does nothing. I can even get the grey screen that shows the Mac logo and spining wheel. It will only go to this. These messages are the only ones I can see that look like errors. I would appriciate any help I could get.

Almost there!!!!

I´ve downloaded the new JaZ 10.4.7 and install it! What a nice surprise! First one which works with my motherboard (asus A8N-E w/ nVidia 4 Ultra chipset) and my SATA HD.

It's everything perfect! It boots after install and I use MAC OS X, but when I reboot for the first time or shutdown, I get the same "Waiting for the root device" problem again!!!! censored.gif

I cant understand why! If I install and already got into the OS, and used, why when I try to used for the second time it gets de "root device" messenge?

Anyone pleaasssee?!?!

Thanks!

Yeah as said before, I installed it ago from toasting jas 10.4.7 dmg to dvd. Most work fine on vmware (sound, internet), a bit slow though (I have 3GHz PIV with HT and 1.5 Gig RAM with 800 MHz FSB and 256 MB Vid card Nvidia).

The only complaint is no file sharing, and no networking.

With 10.4.6 I can do networking...

Any idea how to fix it?

Cheers

With IsoBuster i opened the .dmg file and extracted to a .tao file of 3.141.918 Kb but i can´t get a ISO, i tried MagicIso, PowerIso, UltraISO, IsoCommander, but nothing, this :D .tao file have me crazy. Does anybody could obtain a ISO from the DMG image ??

With IsoBuster i opened the .dmg file and extracted to a .tao file of 3.141.918 Kb but i can´t get a ISO, i tried MagicIso, PowerIso, UltraISO, IsoCommander, but nothing, this :D .tao file have me crazy. Does anybody could obtain a ISO from the DMG image ??

.dmg is not an iso container, its apples equivilent to an iso, you can download the jas 10.4.7 iso repack from demonoid and tehn you will be able to burn that, or you will have to convirt the .dmg to iso.........