Windows Vista

Swad

653 posts in this topic

It's really nothing special. Once you've seen it 30 or 40 times it starts losing it's interest value.

Hmm...

I think I've seen more kernel panics on my Mac than I saw Blue Screens while running Vista.

Definately seen more beachballs and "Program Closed Unexpectedly" in Leo than Blue Screens in Vista.

Hmm...

I think I've seen more kernel panics on my Mac than I saw Blue Screens while running Vista.

Definately seen more beachballs and "Program Closed Unexpectedly" in Leo than Blue Screens in Vista.

Beach balls are TERRIBLE in Leo... and it occurs alot in Safari. Safari 3 on Mac = IE7 on Windows in terms of crashes (actually, I think Safari crashes more for me)

Luckily we have choice, as Steve Jobs once said.

• 4 weeks later...

really i don't know why the heck people think that leopard is horrible. It is so much better then vista, and I havn't heard one person under 30 say that they didn't like the look of it. Everyone that thinks it sucks, is an old bitter man.

Now Vista, well I'm not a windows person. But i don't think that it is that great, since my friend down graded to windows 98 until he could get back to xp :huh:

really i don't know why the heck people think that leopard is horrible. It is so much better then vista, and I havn't heard one person under 30 say that they didn't like the look of it. Everyone that thinks it sucks, is an old bitter man.

Now Vista, well I'm not a windows person. But i don't think that it is that great, since my friend down graded to windows 98 until he could get back to xp :D

No one says Leopard sucks, but it's just not as good as Tiger, yet.

So, there's oh-so-many of you people saying how full of bugs Vista is and how unstable, etc yet when I ask many of you, many times to prove this you all go silent? I wonder why..

Now Vista, well I'm not a windows person. But i don't think that it is that great, since my friend down graded to windows 98 until he could get back to xp :)

Quite frankly your friend is an idiot, I think you're mostly likely making things up and anecdotal evidence is awesome, isn't it?

So, there's oh-so-many of you people saying how full of bugs Vista is and how unstable, etc yet when I ask many of you, many times to prove this you all go silent? I wonder why..

Here's a thought, maybe it's because these people are just plain tired of repeating themselves about the same old question over and over again, or maybe it's because they feel that the person asking it has an axe to grind and they simply don't want to waste their time ;) The search engine here still works fine so do a search and IF you are open-minded and truly looking for an answer (not sure if that applies to you or some of the others here) then you'll definitely find some real issues with vista. One thing is clear to see, that XP sales are way up. In fact tonight I have to pick up a clients brand new vista laptop and remove vista and install XP Pro on it. Seems since the laptop was new (and BTW, it's their second one, the first one they returned because it acted the same way) that when they boot up sometimes they get the blue screen of death :unsure: So tonight vista will be saying bye-bye and XP will instead be installed. How much you wanna bet that solves their problem? :P BTW did you know that when you buy a copy of vista that you don't 'own' it? That's right, you paid a LOT of money for it but it doesn't belong to you! Per microsoft the software is only licensed, not sold. That right there would keep me from buying it ;)

Have a Merry Christmas everyone, and remember:

dontvista.jpg

Here's a thought, maybe it's because these people are just plain tired of repeating themselves about the same old question over and over again, or maybe it's because they feel that the person asking it has an axe to grind and they simply don't want to waste their time wink_anim.gif The search engine here still works fine so do a search and IF you are open-minded and truly looking for an answer (not sure if that applies to you or some of the others here) then you'll definitely find some real issues with vista. One thing is clear to see, that XP sales are way up. In fact tonight I have to pick up a clients brand new vista laptop and remove vista and install XP Pro on it. Seems since the laptop was new (and BTW, it's their second one, the first one they returned because it acted the same way) that when they boot up sometimes they get the blue screen of death unsure.gif So tonight vista will be saying bye-bye and XP will instead be installed. How much you wanna bet that solves their problem? tongue.gif BTW did you know that when you buy a copy of vista that you don't 'own' it? That's right, you paid a LOT of money for it but it doesn't belong to you! Per microsoft the software is only licensed, not sold. That right there would keep me from buying it wink_anim.gif
Good post. Welcome to the community! :unsure:

Seems since the laptop was new (and BTW, it's their second one, the first one they returned because it acted the same way) that when they boot up sometimes they get the blue screen of death :) So tonight vista will be saying bye-bye and XP will instead be installed.

What a {censored} laptop. What vendor/make is it? That's really the vendors fault, I'm not saying Vista isn't bad but how hard is it to sell a computer with non-{censored} drivers?

Here's a thought, maybe it's because these people are just plain tired of repeating themselves about the same old question over and over again, or maybe it's because they feel that the person asking it has an axe to grind and they simply don't want to waste their time :P The search engine here still works fine so do a search and IF you are open-minded and truly looking for an answer (not sure if that applies to you or some of the others here) then you'll definitely find some real issues with vista. One thing is clear to see, that XP sales are way up. In fact tonight I have to pick up a clients brand new vista laptop and remove vista and install XP Pro on it. Seems since the laptop was new (and BTW, it's their second one, the first one they returned because it acted the same way) that when they boot up sometimes they get the blue screen of death :P So tonight vista will be saying bye-bye and XP will instead be installed. How much you wanna bet that solves their problem? :P BTW did you know that when you buy a copy of vista that you don't 'own' it? That's right, you paid a LOT of money for it but it doesn't belong to you! Per microsoft the software is only licensed, not sold. That right there would keep me from buying it ;)

Yet, the same is said about Leopard -- look at the Apple Discussion forums, people are "downgrading" to Tiger faster than you can say, "Stacks are {censored}".

By the way, OS X is also licensed, not sold.

But hey, I've come to live with the issues of Leopard -- but then again, I'm forced to since my MacBook is the SR revision, and Tiger doesn't have the drivers for X3100. I guess I'll have to tolerate the hourly PS CS3 crashes.

Yet, the same is said about Leopard -- look at the Apple Discussion forums, people are "downgrading" to Tiger faster than you can say, "Stacks are {censored}".

If someone wants to downgrade because they don't happen to like the way a feature works, then that's just a matter of personal choice.

If however someone is forced to downgrade (read vista --> XP) because they can't even boot up their OS, then that's a whole other matter.

OS X is also licensed, not sold.

Not true. OS X has the same general licensing scheme as windows XP and other windows programs. Vista is the only OS where Microsoft specifically states "The software is licensed, not sold. This agreement only gives you some rights to use the software. Microsoft reserves all other rights." You can read all of the vista licensing schemes by clicking here.

BSoD's are user error. Windows warns you when drivers are unsigned. It's advised you don't install them. If you do, you basically agree to the unwritten agreement that states "Windows is not responsible if you destroy your computer because you installed unsigned drivers after we warned you."

BSoD's are user error. Windows warns you when drivers are unsigned. It's advised you don't install them. If you do, you basically agree to the unwritten agreement that states "Windows is not responsible if you destroy your computer because you installed unsigned drivers after we warned you."

Ironically, i got this error after I installed an update from Windows Update. :hysterical:

If however someone is forced to downgrade (read vista --> XP) because they can't even boot up their OS, then that's a whole other matter.

There aren't many people with this issues, in fact I really don't understand that. If your going to format and reinstall, why not reinstall Vista? It's not like Vista is inherently broken. (Don't quote this and write about how Vista is terrible and broken out of the box :hysterical: )

Ironically, i got this error after I installed an update from Windows Update. :P

One time Windows Update ruined Windows Update. An update prevented Windows Update from functioning!