[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

dgobe

1,773 posts in this topic

Updated straight from "software updates", in less than 7 minutes rebooted and voilà...10.6.7

Audio & network still working, no patching needed.

So sounds like everyone is not having any issues with the 10.6.7 update straight from software update. So I went ahead and did that, then restarted and tried using the chameleon boot mngr to boot with single user and verbose and get a kernal panic. it says something like hold down power button till off then turn back on, and its saying something about 10.7.0...i hope i didn't loose everything!!

PLEASE HELP!!

So sounds like everyone is not having any issues with the 10.6.7 update straight from software update. So I went ahead and did that, then restarted and tried using the chameleon boot mngr to boot with single user and verbose and get a kernal panic. it says something like hold down power button till off then turn back on, and its saying something about 10.7.0...i hope i didn't loose everything!!

PLEASE HELP!!

I got the same error, but what i did was shut down, unplug the power supply, then boot up again. not exactly sure how i fixed it, but it happened to me twice, and it now works fine for me. (I am now booting from a USB stick, because I screwed up something in Chameleon on my drive, after I switched from a single velociraptor drive, to 2 in RAID 0.)

good luck

PLEASE HELP!!

Why did you boot in single user mode straight after the update? Have you tried booting just normal?

Why did you boot in single user mode straight after the update? Have you tried booting just normal?

Ive tried everything, i even tried typing in -x to boot in safe mode and still gives me the same message. Does it look like its the sleep enabler kext thats causing it? If so is there a way to disable it?

Ive tried everything, i even tried typing in -x to boot in safe mode and still gives me the same message. Does it look like its the sleep enabler kext thats causing it? If so is there a way to disable it?

If you have an external usb disk, reinstall osx there, boot from it and you'll also have access to internal hdd filesystem. Maybe manually deleting caches and rebuilding them by kext.utility will help. It's not the fastest way to accomplish your job, but, anyway, having another working osx setup on usb to boot from, is always a good idea!

It saved me twice when doin' bullsh*** on system folders ;-)

Please PUT YOUR SYSTEM SETUP IN YOUR SIGNATURE !

Please i need some help! As with any other method of installing Snow Leopard i've tried, im getting the freeze at "AppleRTL8169Ethernet: Ethernet Adress 00:26:xx:xx:xx..... I wonder what the problem is :D Any help?

I did a search and found a driver for the R1000 ethernet... added that to my extensions and tried again, still wont boot to the install screen.

Any help?

Hi PhillOS

Are you sure you have correct 'SE' version DSDT from iReset post#4. You should not need any

extra driver's from elsewhere for this except patch bottom of dgobe post#1. (also see iReset post#1452

for SE Audio patch). Please a bit more detail in your signature may also help.

Hi PhillOS

Are you sure you have correct 'SE' version DSDT from iReset post#4. You should not need any

extra driver's from elsewhere for this except patch bottom of dgobe post#1. (also see iReset post#1452

for SE Audio patch). Please a bit more detail in your signature may also help.

EDIT: Audio patch from first post dosn't seem to do anything.. neither does post#1452.. :/ so what do i do?

Thank you for your reply! Im typing this from my hackintosh.. all i had to do, to make it boot and install, was "GraphicsEnabler=No" that made it purr like a kitten.. applied THIS FIX to get my GTX 295 to work.. and PRESTO.. I updated to 10.6.7, so idk if i'll 'ever' be able to get sound working.. :rolleyes: but USB sound works.. i'll give that fix you posted a try..

If you have an external usb disk, reinstall osx there, boot from it and you'll also have access to internal hdd filesystem. Maybe manually deleting caches and rebuilding them by kext.utility will help. It's not the fastest way to accomplish your job, but, anyway, having another working osx setup on usb to boot from, is always a good idea!

It saved me twice when doin' bullsh*** on system folders ;-)

Please PUT YOUR SYSTEM SETUP IN YOUR SIGNATURE !

So your saying that i have to reinstall everything? Start all over? I do have the actual SL Disc. I edit my sig now

please help me out here, someone has to know how to fix this issue, if i just type in pmVersion=0 while im at the bootloader screen in chameleon will that do it? ive done all sorts of updates before and never had a kernal panic.

please help me out here, someone has to know how to fix this issue, if i just type in pmVersion=0 while im at the bootloader screen in chameleon will that do it? ive done all sorts of updates before and never had a kernal panic.

Hi carleycr,

By using a boot flag during update you have interrupted the update process (never a good idea). As st3p said

the only way you 'may' be able to save your system is by using another OSX install to navigate your corrupted

install. If you don't have access to a Mac & a USB to SATA adapter, you could set up a USB with OSX on it. To

do that you will have to use from here installer DSDT etc you use & any other kexts/mods if needed for your GFx

card, google search "How to Install Snow Leopard (10A432)" to get an idea how to do this. If as st3p said earlier

deleting & rebuilding caches does not work:

Then download update pkg from apple & select to install to your corrupted drive, restart with corrupted H/D still

connected after it is done, you should then be able to Repair Permissions on it, then corrupted install should boot.

(Please just try normal boot ie: without any flags first)..

If this to fails 'yes it probably would be best to do fresh install, Unless anyone else has another solution ??

EDIT: You 'MAY' have to set Bios to boot from USB first if using a USB install.

It is a good idea to have a cloned back up for just these moments. (I found Clonezilla very good). Good luck

EDIT: Audio patch from first post dosn't seem to do anything.. neither does post#1452.. :/ so what do i do?

Thank you for your reply! Im typing this from my hackintosh.. all i had to do, to make it boot and install, was "GraphicsEnabler=No" that made it purr like a kitten.. applied THIS FIX to get my GTX 295 to work.. and PRESTO.. I updated to 10.6.7, so idk if i'll 'ever' be able to get sound working.. :) but USB sound works.. i'll give that fix you posted a try..

The audio patch from 1st post is not for your SE Mobo, if you clear cache (program 'OSX86Tools' simplifies this)

then apply patch from post#1452 this should work (I would disconnect your USB audio first). This 'should' work

If this fails I'm not sure maybe another SE owner may have other idea..

so good new, was able to boot using pmversion=0, deleted sleepenabler kext, repaired disk permissions and now have a fully updated osx to 10.6.7!!! thanks everyone for the help, very much appreciated..

Now I can't wait to see what happens when Lion comes out...hopefully we'll just be able to update using the retail disk...but that's probably me just wishful thinking

anyone know why my machine would just wake up on its own. It sleeps fine and awakes properly. But it will also awake on its own?

First, please try this;

Boot up in Bios [press delete key while booting] and under POWER, set the features as follow;

-Suspend Mode [s3]

- Repost video on S3 Resume [yes]

- ACPI 2.0 Support [Enabled]

- ACPI APIC Support [Enabled]

If this does not work, one last thing left to do. Please write down/take a snapshot of your OC setup

- Need to do a full CMOS clear.

- Removed the battery, switched the jumper, wait for 30 seconds, switch the jumper back, reinstalled the battery.

- Press the power button, the system would restart, but would quickly abort and power down again and then will re-start *this is tricky as it depends on bios version also, you might need to press power button again if it fail to start the first time.

- After that, load your settings "AHCI, Power, etc.."

- Reboot and test the sleep.

Then please let us know the result.

First, please try this;

Boot up in Bios [press delete key while booting] and under POWER, set the features as follow;

-Suspend Mode [s3]

- Repost video on S3 Resume [yes]

- ACPI 2.0 Support [Enabled]

- ACPI APIC Support [Enabled]

If this does not work, one last thing left to do. Please write down/take a snapshot of your OC setup

- Need to do a full CMOS clear.

- Removed the battery, switched the jumper, wait for 30 seconds, switch the jumper back, reinstalled the battery.

- Press the power button, the system would restart, but would quickly abort and power down again and then will re-start *this is tricky as it depends on bios version also, you might need to press power button again if it fail to start the first time.

- After that, load your settings "AHCI, Power, etc.."

- Reboot and test the sleep.

Then please let us know the result.

I will test CMOS clear tonight, as the first step had no change. For some reason it wakes up in the middle of the night. I put it to sleep, come back in the morning and it is awake. I know it will stay asleep for atleast 2 hours before waking up on its own. Very Weird!!!