[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

dgobe

1,773 posts in this topic

@bottswana

Please download the lastest chameleon, it will detect you cpu speed and mem correctly.

Thanks inovice, is this the correct link to the latest chameleon? also its been a yr since i've installed it...should i just un-zip the RC5 download and drag and drop the stuff into terminal?

Also, it says those things on my screen shot/when i click about his mac cause i downloaded something a while ago that i could manually type that stuff in...unless i upgraded to a newer chameleon and didnt know it!

Okay I have everything working now, Processor and memory speed being detected correctly, both my Graphics Cards are appearing under graphics in System Profiler, however, my GTX 470 is listed as 1mb vram and when I install the driver kext for it mac KP's just before the login screen.

I really can't find any useful info on running to different gfx cards. Could anyone assist/point me in the right direction?

Many thanks.

Okay I have everything working now, Processor and memory speed being detected correctly, both my Graphics Cards are appearing under graphics in System Profiler, however, my GTX 470 is listed as 1mb vram and when I install the driver kext for it mac KP's just before the login screen.

I really can't find any useful info on running to different gfx cards. Could anyone assist/point me in the right direction?

Many thanks.

Hi

post here your IOREG file (the graphics versions)

We try to figure out your two gfx with *SDT injections.

Fabio

hi people,

im having a naightmare i have the 13.2 .ios i have the Snow Leozard retail iso and i have the setup below

i boot of the cd,Snow lep... and i have tried usb too . i get to the same spot each time (the apple logo) and my pc reboots

also with the 13.2 i get a no ram image ???

motherboard ASUS P6T Deluxe v2

corrsiar domminator 1600mhz x12 gig

ATI rad HD5870

Intel i7 720

any help wecome :)

Greetings fellas :-)

Great work !!!

Im a long time Hac lurker with several systems built already , now its time to give some back. Here's my contrib.

Followed the ACPI extraction instrux from first page and here we go .

PS. I am using the 980x DSDT.aml and it is working so far (6+6ht cores).

I tried extracting via DSDTse and compile again but only gets 8 cores going... DS.

990_p6t_se_0908.zip

Greetings fellas :-)

Great work !!!

Im a long time Hac lurker with several systems built already , now its time to give some back. Here's my contrib.

Followed the ACPI extraction instrux from first page and here we go .

PS. I am using the 980x DSDT.aml and it is working so far (6+6ht cores).

I tried extracting via DSDTse and compile again but only gets 8 cores going... DS.

c-fuzz...

Can you add your specs in signature?

I'm... confused about your configuration/s.

Fabio

I did a basic IOREG dump, wasn't sure how to specify just graphics.

Sorry for being such a noob at this. :)

Wrong format...

(text format is a pain for my eyes :))

Anyway your GFX are located in that positions:

PEG3(_ADR, 0x00030000)--> GFX3(_ADR, 0x02000000)--> GeForce GTX 260

PEG7(_ADR, 0x00070000)--> GFX7(_ADR, 0x03000000)--> GeForce GTX 470

Fabio

c-fuzz...

Can you add your specs in signature?

I'm... confused about your configuration/s.

Fabio

Hope the sig works ... otherwise here is a cut and paste:

- Asus P6T SE Bios0908, Nvidia 8400gs PCIe, 24gb Kingston HyperX 1333, intel 990x. -

Please let me know if i can do/fix/redo whatever to help.....

BR /Fuzz

Hope the sig works ... otherwise here is a cut and paste:

- Asus P6T SE Bios0908, Nvidia 8400gs PCIe, 24gb Kingston HyperX 1333, intel 990x. -

Please let me know if i can do/fix/redo whatever to help.....

BR /Fuzz

follow this steps...

1) P6T SE topic --> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=189052

1a) use DSDT and kext proposed.

2) Update/install last chameleon 2 RC5 revision (now 1019)

3) set your smbios.plist with MacPro5,1 (your 990x is a 6core) ...(probably your CPU will be recognized a Xeon not a i7.. Apple don't sell i7 6core :P)

4) Make sure you have Snow Leopard 10.6.3 or up

that's all :D

Fabio

Wrong format...

(text format is a pain for my eyes :( )

Anyway your GFX are located in that positions:

PEG3(_ADR, 0x00030000)--> GFX3(_ADR, 0x02000000)--> GeForce GTX 260

PEG7(_ADR, 0x00070000)--> GFX7(_ADR, 0x03000000)--> GeForce GTX 470

Fabio

Sorry it was the wrong format! :)

However, I really am new to this. What do I do with that info? (Don't shoot me!)

Sorry it was the wrong format! :(

However, I really am new to this. What do I do with that info? (Don't shoot me!)

Try add this SSDT table.

Unzip and place in the Extra folder (as the DSDT.aml)

And set the GraphicsEnabler=no (or delete that key)

Would be ok...

Fabio

follow this steps...

1) P6T SE topic --> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=189052

1a) use DSDT and kext proposed.

2) Update/install last chameleon 2 RC5 revision (now 1019)

3) set your smbios.plist with MacPro5,1 (your 990x is a 6core) ...(probably your CPU will be recognized a Xeon not a i7.. Apple don't sell i7 6core :()

4) Make sure you have Snow Leopard 10.6.3 or up

that's all :)

Fabio

Thanks Fabio :-)

I already have it up and running with 12 threads with 980x-DSDT from page one here. You were asking for dumps from other processors so i wanted to contribute. And maybe in the end , i could use a 990x-dsdt.aml one day:-)

Earlier you were asking for spec, was there something wierd with my ACPI dump ?

BR/Fuzz

Thanks Fabio :-)

I already have it up and running with 12 threads with 980x-DSDT from page one here. You were asking for dumps from other processors so i wanted to contribute. And maybe in the end , i could use a 990x-dsdt.aml one day:-)

Earlier you were asking for spec, was there something wierd with my ACPI dump ?

BR/Fuzz

thx I appreciate the "dump"

I still collect the ACPI dump based on kind processors...

By the way.. you can update your P6T SE DSDT980x to the "new" 3.4 you can find the link in the end botton of the previusly linked topic

you just not need that injection of SS with latest chameleon and DSDT.

Fabio

EDIT

here the direct page link http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...00#entry1673206

Try add this SSDT table.

Unzip and place in the Extra folder (as the DSDT.aml)

And set the GraphicsEnabler=no (or delete that key)

Would be ok...

Fabio

Is there some fancy way of merging that with the DSTD.aml file or does it just need to go in the Extra folder?

Thanks for your patience thus far!

Is there some fancy way of merging that with the DSTD.aml file or does it just need to go in the Extra folder?

Thanks for your patience thus far!

ok...

overwrite your previus DSDT with this...

as before GraphicsEnabler=NO or delete this flag into com.apple.Boot.plist

Let me know if works...

Fabio

ok...

overwrite your previus DSDT with this...

as before GraphicsEnabler=NO or delete this flag into com.apple.Boot.plist

Let me know if works...

Fabio

Overwrite file and disabled graphicsenabler as requested. Rebooted and it hung after the white apple boot screen. ('spinner' stopped spinning)

Didn't look like a KP. It just froze.

I'd already updated Chameleon to RC5 but ill give it another shot.

(Sorry for being bad at this mate. I've never really looked into DSDT's before :P , so thanks for your patience.)

No such luck man. It froze the same as last time. And now my second screen has stopped working and the graphics acceleration has disabled. Weve gone backwards :(

ok i have tried every dam release and i get the same dam place and the pc just restarts ????

i dont get a error i just see the apple logo kinda grey screen and its reboots .

please i just wanted to see the apple logo and not reboot i dont know what the right setup is do i need to remove all my windows hdds and ide dvd DRIVES ??? also do i need to make 1 hhd a osx format and can i do this in windows as i have no mac to PLAY with.... i have retail , universal , idenweb 1.5.1 , the intel AMD releases they all so the same thing any idea pleaseeee:)

spec i have

P6T V2 DELUXE

12 GIG DOMINATOR

INTEL I7 2.6

ok i have tried every dam release and i get the same dam place and the pc just restarts ????

i dont get a error i just see the apple logo kinda grey screen and its reboots .

Hi Fliprocky,

No Mac follow post #1.. Use Win to download & burn boot 132. No IDE's & no support in OSX for

these. SATA H/D connected to 1st SATA Port on M/B (see M/B manual if not sure), yes remove

Win/ other H/D's. Retail S/L !! format while installing (see post #1). With your specs most important

to specify 'Model' ie 920 or 930 etc & your GFx card/s only use 1 for first install, does not hurt

to remove all bar one ram either. Read also Post #4 for more relevant info.

Good Luck

post-815303-1308319267_thumb.pngOK THANKS FOR THE HELP I DID TAKE ALL THE DRIVES ECT..

its got me past there i booted with 1.32 and i then hit f5 and yes it came u[p with mac iso . now i get this error added a screenshot

i know you guys need to see what error so im hopefull you can help me more lol :D

IMG_0911.PNGOK THANKS FOR THE HELP I DID TAKE ALL THE DRIVES ECT..

its got me past there i booted with 1.32 and i then hit f5 and yes it came u[p with mac iso . now i get this error added a screenshot

i know you guys need to see what error so im hopefull you can help me more lol :(

read the #4 post in this topic

follow the steps.

I no need OpenHaltRestart and other... in your E/E folder...

Also update the bootloader --> Chameleon Wizard

Fabio