[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

dgobe

1,773 posts in this topic

For all of you who PM me about the next big cat, please note that it is too early to use it as your main system. It does work on our mobo and graphic (nvidia). But it is not 100% stable as SL for now. This is a preview, so hold off until it gets released.

We all need to explore the final work when it comes out, too early to promise that it will work easily as an upgrade as some of you are thinking. If you want to test-run it, I found

- it might be helpful.

Also, I test run the live preview on Sandy, after comparing some geekbench scores, I can confirmed X58 still rocks!! :D

I will test CMOS clear tonight, as the first step had no change. For some reason it wakes up in the middle of the night. I put it to sleep, come back in the morning and it is awake. I know it will stay asleep for atleast 2 hours before waking up on its own. Very Weird!!!

I was having the same problem, I forgot how I exactly solved it...was either clear cmos or something related to Bios settings. I will dig some of my bios settings tonight and let you know. Pls keep us posted.

Hi everybody, first i want to thanks the people who have put this guide together... And all the post have help me a lot to get my hackintosh run, not very stable but working well... I have a couple of questions... I seen to have problems with:

• first my firewire conection, it only works if i connect first the device im using with the 400 firewire... If i have already running the SL it doesnt recognize the camera...
  • Sometimes it disconnect my sata dvd and dvdw...

Thank for your time.

Asus P6T Deluxe V2

Nvidia 250gts

6 gram Kinstom ddr3

SL 10.6.7

Chameleon 699

2 HDD 1T each

Running Dualboot with EasyBCD 2.0

For all of you who PM me about the next big cat, please note that it is too early to use it as your main system. It does work on our mobo and graphic (nvidia). But it is not 100% stable as SL for now. This is a preview, so hold off until it gets released.

We all need to explore the final work when it comes out, too early to promise that it will work easily as an upgrade as some of you are thinking. If you want to test-run it, I found

- it might be helpful.

Also, I test run the live preview on Sandy, after comparing some geekbench scores, I can confirmed X58 still rocks!! ;)

I was having the same problem, I forgot how I exactly solved it...was either clear cmos or something related to Bios settings. I will dig some of my bios settings tonight and let you know. Pls keep us posted.

I cleared cmos and still waking on its own. Wakes up some time in the middle of the night. If you are able to provide your solution in the bios it would be much appreciated.

With the latest bootlaoader chameleon and similar, and after 10.6.4.

the P/C/T-State aren't need into the DSDT... the bootloader and recently system software feature provide the "correct" setting"...

Fabio

according to this news, is your dsdt from front page (optimized for speedstep) still a better choice than manual patching (like [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] from tonymac for example)?

reason why i ask is that whenever i install/update Final Cut Pro it scans for hardware and for that i always had to change for older dsdt without speedstep, otherwise it detected lower speed of my CPU. it was just a workaround for the first run, afterwards i changed it back and assumed all would be ok. also its one year old now :)

UPDATE POST #4

according to this news, is your dsdt from front page (optimized for speedstep) still a better choice than manual patching (like [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] from tonymac for example)?

reason why i ask is that whenever i install/update Final Cut Pro it scans for hardware and for that i always had to change for older dsdt without speedstep, otherwise it detected lower speed of my CPU. it was just a workaround for the first run, afterwards i changed it back and assumed all would be ok. also its one year old now :)

Hi qbe.

In my configuration for Snow Leopard after version 10.6.4 (now 10.6.7)...

I use (DSDT 3.4) apart the numeric revision... last posted here is 3.3 (a minimized DSDT with SS for each kind of processors)

the 3.4 is just a clean "virgin" DSDT with all warning corrected and all the patch/fix knowed... NO SpeedStep CODE INSIDE, and the MacModel configured (done by the bootloader) at MacPro4,1.

Here:

• DSDT (v3.5 need 10.6.4 or upper)
    /Extra/DSDT
    >> P6T Deluxe & P6TD Deluxe DSDT  
  • smbios.plist
    /Extra/smbios.plist
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>SMserial</key>
    <string>[color="#FF0000"]***********[/color]</string> [b][i]***[/i][/b] [color="#FF0000"]Change "*" with 11 digit serial namber... COSMETICS[/color] [b][i]***[/i][/b]
    </dict>
    </plist>

• com.apple.Boot.plist
    /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>Kernel</key>
    <string>mach_kernel</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string></string>
    <key>Graphics Mode</key>
    <string>1680x1050x32</string> [b][i]***[/i][/b] [color="#FF0000"]Change with your resolution[/color] [b][i]***[/i][/b]
    <key>Quiet Boot</key>
    <string>No</string>
    <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>UseNvidiaROM</key> [b][i]***[/i][/b] [color="#FF0000"]Optional. I have my VBIOS rom also in /Extra/[/color] [b][i]***[/i][/b]
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>VBIOS</key> [b][i]***[/i][/b] [color="#FF0000"]Optional too.[/color] [b][i]***[/i][/b]
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Theme</key>
    <string>Default</string>
    </dict>
    </plist>

ALSO:

I like patch/edit the .plist file into the System/Library/Extensions (so.. no need dummy .kext in extra/Extensions)

1. Yukon2 (needed for P6T Deluxe v1/v2 & P6TD Deluxe)
    /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon2.kext/Contents/Info.plist
    >> Replace the plist with this  

2. AppleAHCIPort
    /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext/Contents/Info.plist

3. IOAHCIBlockStorage
    /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/Info.plist

4. JMicronATA (needed for P6T & P6T SE)
    /System/Library/Extensions/JMicronATA.kext/Contents/Info.plist

How binpatch AppleHDA from terminal:

- AD2000B (P6T Deluxe v1/v2 P6TD Deluxe) also need a "legacy.kext" file in /Extra/Extensions >> AD2000B

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x8b\x19\xd4\x11|\x9b\x98\xd4\x11|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

- ALC1200 (P6T & P6T SE) also need a "legacy.kext" file in /Extra/Extensions >> ALC1200

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x85\x08\xec\x10|\x88\x08\xec\x10|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

Enjoy!

Fabio

@kmcdaniel

Ok, found what my problem was, my sleep issue that had, was related to my previous USB Mouse Setup. I swapped to a logitech mouse with IBM PS/2 keyboard and never had any sleep problem again. My bios is currently with "Repost to Yes". Also, I have the latest bios. Thanks

All,

I am having a problem and need your advice. I have setup my new cpu cooler and overclocked my cpu to 4.4 Ghz. But I am getting kernel panic every now and then. If I use my cpu at 3.6 Ghz around, everything works fine. But if I increase it to 4.4 Ghz, I cannot boot (if I am lucky, it boots but then kernel panic).

I am using DSDT v3.3 from Fabio with 980X Package from Post#4. I am thinking that maybe it is the speedstep setting on the dsdt, could you please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

iNovice

@kmcdaniel

Ok, found what my problem was, my sleep issue that had, was related to my previous USB Mouse Setup. I swapped to a logitech mouse with IBM PS/2 keyboard and never had any sleep problem again. My bios is currently with "Repost to Yes". Also, I have the latest bios. Thanks

All,

I am having a problem and need your advice. I have setup my new cpu cooler and overclocked my cpu to 4.4 Ghz. But I am getting kernel panic every now and then. If I use my cpu at 3.6 Ghz around, everything works fine. But if I increase it to 4.4 Ghz, I cannot boot (if I am lucky, it boots but then kernel panic).

I am using DSDT v3.3 from Fabio with 980X Package from Post#4. I am thinking that maybe it is the speedstep setting on the dsdt, could you please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

iNovice

Try the setting and the "new" DSDT v3.4

Fabio

Try the setting and the "new" DSDT v3.4

Fabio

hi Fabio,

little confuse now, I have 980x (6 cores). Have 2 questions;

1. Do I need to amend the dsdt for 980 as you have i7 940?

2. No need for Generate P/C states or Drop SSDT as suggested as mozodojo

Thanks again

hi Fabio,

little confuse now, I have 980x (6 cores). Have 2 questions;

1. Do I need to amend the dsdt for 980 as you have i7 940?

2. No need for Generate P/C states or Drop SSDT as suggested as mozodojo

Thanks again

We don't need it!

The system take/provide it from BIOS :(

Also the DSDT is SS free (no speedStep) but is generate correctly :)

Fabio

First of all, thanks for everyone who ever contribute to this installation, ive successfully get OSX running on PC.

Anyone of you thinking its the time to move on? I'm thinking about get the latest sandy bridge setup, hopefully someone start a post like this.

Is it a good idea to get bunch ppl have a more or less the exact configuration ... CPU, MOBO, memory, display card... And "someone" work out a way of the installation? I'm more than happy to donate :wacko:

Anyone in?

please I'm a newbbie......I followed iFabio for Asus p6t-se guide and everything worked fine....but my motherboard break and so i bought an Asus p6t deluxe v2

I followed the guide on the first post (the one using cd) and everything was ok...i updated to 10.6.7 and i used the firle sh to make the audio work.....

My 2 problems are those:

1 ) Using the cd downloaded from the post when it asked about the cpu i selected 920 because mine there wasn't in the list....

I have a i7 960 wich file i have to take? the one in the Post #4? i mean >> P6T Deluxe & P6TD Deluxe DSDT <<

What i i wave to do? just overwrite?

2) before upgrading to 10.6.7 the "info abut this mac" says xenon with 12 gb ddr3 1600.......after updrading it says i7 with 12 gb dd2 800

i'have installed 12gb ddr3 1600. How can i make appear again ddr3 1600?

1 ) Using the cd downloaded from the post when it asked about the cpu i selected 920 because mine there wasn't in the list....

I have a i7 960 wich file i have to take? the one in the Post #4? i mean >> P6T Deluxe & P6TD Deluxe DSDT

What i i wave to do? just overwrite?

Yes! overwrite it this new DSDT is again CPU indipendent!

2) before upgrading to 10.6.7 the "info abut this mac" says xenon with 12 gb ddr3 1600.......after updrading it says i7 with 12 gb dd2 800

i'have installed 12gb ddr3 1600. How can i make appear again ddr3 1600?

Download a new bootloader like chameleon 2 RC5 revision 750 now...

And you don't need more a smbios.plist file in extra... the bootloader automatically assign a MacModel to your board and detect correctly the CPU

Fabio

Little Update DSDT v3.5 (I forgot some minus change into Hpet now fixed) more reactive!

Also posted and replaced in #4 post.

is only to overwrite the dsdt or i have to do somethung else i mean...just delete the old one and copy the new one? no application needed to regenerate?

Just overwrite and "match" your com.apple.Boot.plist with the example com.apple.Boot.plist in top of post #4...

Fabio

I did as u suggest...overwrite the DSDT, and checked the com.apple.boot.plist

not whatching the optional one, i have also this 2 strings more than the one com.apple.boot.plist in post4.....may i leave them?

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>y</string>

second question i have a geforge 250 1gb

i followed this guide

http://aquamac.proboards.com/index.cgi?act...&thread=509

is the same u used for your 240? because at the end of the guide it says to modify the com.apple.boot.plist inside

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

but i have to modify only that one? Not the one in the extra folder?

thanx in advance

@LukyMac

not whatching the optional one, i have also this 2 strings more than the one com.apple.boot.plist in post4.....may i leave them?

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>y</string>

Yes, please leave it.

second question with regards to geforge 250 1gb

Chameleon has built in graphics enabler which you can take advantage of. Please download the latest one and reboot.

ALL,

I can`t get to my SL, I am getting the same error over and over everytime even with -x, -v ......as per the picture below.

I have only my boot drive connected and bios is as per post #1, crazy java script:add_smilie(":lol:","smid_18")

post-648105-1303558229_thumb.jpg

i'm not using chamaleon trunk750 but 747 because i'm not able to install 750 (no automatic installer).

Also in 747 there is grafic enabler and i can do without acquaforum solution?

@LukyMac, yes, that`s correct.

ok thanx.....

another question...i used the cd method to install and everithing seems to work well....is necessary that i do also this thing reported always in post 4?

ALSO:

I like patch/edit the .plist file into the System/Library/Extensions (so.. no need dummy .kext in extra/Extensions)

Yukon2 (needed for P6T Deluxe v1/v2 & P6TD Deluxe)

/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon2.kext/Contents/Info.plist

>> Replace the plist with this <<

AppleAHCIPort

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext/Contents/Info.plist

IOAHCIBlockStorage

/System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/Info.plist

JMicronATA (needed for P6T & P6T SE)

/System/Library/Extensions/JMicronATA.kext/Contents/Info.plist

thanx

ok thanx.....

another question...i used the cd method to install and everithing seems to work well....is necessary that i do also this thing reported always in post 4?

thanx

Is just another way...

No difference between this one or old one method (kext in Extra/Extensions)...

Fabio

First of all, thanks for everyone who ever contribute to this installation, ive successfully get OSX running on PC.

Anyone of you thinking its the time to move on? I'm thinking about get the latest sandy bridge setup, hopefully someone start a post like this.

Is it a good idea to get bunch ppl have a more or less the exact configuration ... CPU, MOBO, memory, display card... And "someone" work out a way of the installation? I'm more than happy to donate ;)

Anyone in?

@Raymond Lai

Raymond, there are alreday several posts available on line, here is one, Google is your friend:)

Sigh...

I had great hope for this thread! But I can't even get the installer to boot up...

I tried downloading the 1.15 and the 1.12 and burnt them to a disc. It won't even recognise the disc as bootable.

Any ideas? I used Disk Utility on a macbook pro to open the image, then burnt it (several times, using toast and just normal os x burning software...)

UPDATE: oh, well it looks like the ISO needs to be burnt from windows. LOL I'm not sure this is a good advertisement for os x for all these people wanting a hackintosh! Why couldn't I burn a recognisable iso from os x? it was so easy in win 7!

----

asus p6t deluxe v2, i7 920, gtx 260

Well I can't believe how easy that was!

Once I'd managed to burn the ISO into a bootable disc (thanks for nothing OS X) it was as simple as just following the guide. Nothing went wrong!

Can't thank the people involved with this guide enough. A year and a half ago I tried doing this and went through hell. This was so simple and brilliant!

Still got to get my wireless functioning correctly and having some small USB connectivity issues but that's nothing!

I do have a question -- after the guide in post #1, a few posts later there's an updated DSDT post by Fabio for the mobo and a few different GFX cards. Should I delve into these?

Thanks!

---

asus p6t deluxe v2 | core i7 920 | gtx 260 | 8gb patriot ddr3