[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

dgobe

1,773 posts in this topic

now you lost me .. i dont have a mac to play with thats why im doing this tutorial ... i did dl the Chameleon Wizard.zip but how to use it i dont know .. how do i update the bootloads im a newbie on this need to help and ill get there

i have the the snow leopard iso the 1.3.2 iso and some other cd i burned from on this forum, i followed this and i have a problem, now when it moved from this tutorial im lost in space

let me take a guess here u want me to extract the 1.3.1.iso and change some files .???? or the snow image

now you lost me .. i dont have a mac to play with thats why im doing this tutorial ... i did dl the Chameleon Wizard.zip but how to use it i dont know .. how do i update the bootloads im a newbie on this need to help and ill get there

i have the the snow leopard iso the 1.3.2 iso and some other cd i burned from on this forum, i followed this and i have a problem, now when it moved from this tutorial im lost in space

let me take a guess here u want me to extract the 1.3.1.iso and change some files .???? or the snow image

You have access to the Hard Disk (Snow Leopard) from other OS like Windows with Macdrive for example?

also there is a way.. to update the bootloader from windows...

--> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=255052

Fabio

call me a {censored} but what is the bootloader . is it the 1.3.2 iso ???

not sure what to do here i have the 13.2 for my setup p6t v2 . im trying here reading for 4 days now lol im getting a there just when u drop new stuff on me i have no idea whare ur at to me ... i have no mac just the 1 throught windows VMware work station if u put in lame terms what the error i have is to do with i get what to do next .... also i did get the windows version Chameleon Install 2.0 RC5 i installed it and i see like 2 setting what pc and install i hit install and it dont do {censored} lol ???? help :wacko: also what is it whats it for ???????

call me a {censored} but what is the bootloader . is it the 1.3.2 iso ???

not sure what to do here i have the 13.2 for my setup p6t v2 . im trying here reading for 4 days now lol im getting a there just when u drop new stuff on me i have no idea whare ur at to me ... i have no mac just the 1 throught windows VMware work station if u put in lame terms what the error i have is to do with i get what to do next .... also i did get the windows version Chameleon Install 2.0 RC5 i installed it and i see like 2 setting what pc and install i hit install and it dont do {censored} lol ???? help :) also what is it whats it for ???????

Sorry my English is limited and low...

We wait for some user here explain you the steps to follow to repair/get work your installations..

Fabio

Thanks inovice, is this the correct link to the latest chameleon? also its been a yr since i've installed it...should i just un-zip the RC5 download and drag and drop the stuff into terminal?

Also, it says those things on my screen shot/when i click about his mac cause i downloaded something a while ago that i could manually type that stuff in...unless i upgraded to a newer chameleon and didnt know it!

@carleycr

The link of the page is here;

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=231075

Use the latest 18-May build.

Fabio-

After applying the newest Chameleon update (via Chameleon Wizard) and the DSDT from April, I now get orange hard disk icons. Please advise.

@Lockwood

Please use the version from here, I am not sure if Chameleon wizard uses the same update from Fabio. The Chameleon post from Fabio`s thread is tested on a regular basis by several users on the forum.

May I know if you have repair permission/touch extra after the Chameleon Update?

Also, please please please add your rig details, this is very important to provide accurate steps for troubleshooting.

@fliprocky

I understand your frustration and believe me, most of us have been there.

First thing first, could you please confirm if your bios is as per post#1

If you want to know what a bootloader is, there are 100 - 1000 of posts here on Chameleon bootloader. Please spent some times to read them.

Now, coming back to your installation, start with the basic first, use default setting in bios, follow iBdb`s advice and let us know how it goes.

0k looks like im getting there i have made the usb boot and i can edit this via VMware snow .. what i now need to do is format a drive for mac os .. is there a program that can do this via windows .... what is the bootloader ??? and can u help me out with the error i have from the pic i uploaded ?????

so i need a programe inside windows to format the hdd for mac

i can remote if there a windows user here wanted to help out ..

i wont give up till i get it on lol

post-815303-1308385634_thumb.png

0k looks like im getting there i have made the usb boot and i can edit this via VMware snow .. what i now need to do is format a drive for mac os .. is there a program that can do this via windows .... what is the bootloader ??? and can u help me out with the error i have from the pic i uploaded ?????

so i need a programe inside windows to format the hdd for mac

i can remote if there a windows user here wanted to help out ..

i wont give up till i get it on lol

I just PM-ed you, please check your inbox.

Hey guys,

I recently installed Mac OSX on my system (Asus P6T Deluxe V2), but my situation is a little tricky.

Currently, I have a dualboot with Windows 7 and Snow Leopard.

The problem is though, windows 7 is running on a RAID0 configuration (using ICH10R). SL is installed on a separate drive.

When booting into SL it gives me two mount errors for both drives in the RAID0 array. This happens both in AHCI and RAID mode.

The error is: "You have inserted a disk containing no volumes that Mac OS X can read".

I don't really care about accessing my array from Mac, so is there any way to disable this?

Also, Mac OSX thinks my internal drives are actually external. Is there any way to fix this as well?

(I thought this might be related to the error mentioned above)

Thanks in advance ;)

Unstoppable

UPDATE: Well, got the internal problem solved. It also sees my SATA controller as ICH10R RAID.

The error message changed to something like: "Inserted drive can't be read by your computer".

Is it possible to just ignore the RAID drives? I figured using the fstab method, but osx doesn't report a UUID or Label for the drives.

i wish i could say the same im still trying my up most the get the dual boot going i made the usb stick and added over the files via a workstation (VMWARE) hehe .. added a screeny to show the usb dir as i followed the tutorial :whistle: now all i need to do is format my hdd under windows for mac ... seem like mission impossible so far ... any help guys please

post-815303-1308601447_thumb.jpg

Hi fliprocky,

You do not format under windows, after you select Your language from S/L install disk on the

next screen on menu bar at top of screen select 'Utilities > Disk Utility' & format there... :huh:

ok i hear you on that note .. i made the usb stick and im getting the bootloader screen i hit -v get some info then fan hit max speed and pc hangs on a dead black screen i thing i have my gfx on the white slot should this be in the blue? just reaching out now as im stomped .... or do i ned to setup more to the usb ????

ok i hear you on that note .. i made the usb stick and im getting the bootloader screen i hit -v get some info then fan hit max speed and pc hangs on a dead black screen i thing i have my gfx on the white slot should this be in the blue? just reaching out now as im stomped .... or do i ned to setup more to the usb ????

Please add your system specs to your posts. Signature in my controls top of page above 'Logged in as:'.

Start in blue slot, what GFx card you have &/or how it is connected 'could' be your issue. Without knowing

exactly what hardware you have this is only guesswork..

ok hold that thought . i updated as it asked me too .. was this not a good idea???? . after this i

rebooted .. this was the first time with out my usb boot {censored} i made up with the minage on .. set to boot from the drive i installed SL on ... didnt boot for {censored} ...so i guess there was a error there . no text just a black screen with white ] ....now i thought ok i know the usb boots me into the OS poped it back in and i get these error .... 1 is with -x the other with out

post-815303-1308677155_thumb.jpg

post-815303-1308677462_thumb.jpg

i have a problem, maybe its the motherboard maybe its graphics card...

i dual boot with windows 7

sometimes it happens that after selecting the boot in chameleon, my monitors go to sleep while system is booting.

i can log in through screenshare and use/restart the system, but its pain in the ass (especially on windows). strange thing is, it happens both in windows or osx. mostly it happens when i reboot from osx to win (but thats not a rule). when i start computer after long shutdown, there is never a problem

i use dual screen 24" and ati 5870 gigabyte (ati enabled by kabyl chameleon boot)

is there some system setting messing up my card?

could it be some kexts or dsdt?

did any of you encounter this behavior?

hey guys!

i am experiencing audio problems (no sound) after updating to 10.6.8!

tried to fix it with the audiopatcher.sh file, but didnt worked at all, even after rebooting.

any suggestions? are you experiencing the same problem?

thx in advance! ;)

I update... on one of my test disk

but for now I recommend to wait before do that...

I lost audio... (easy fix by replace AppleHDA from 10.6.7) the binpatch no longer works... need more triks into the AppleHDA.kext to get it works again...

and need other two kext from previus version (10.6.7)

The boot is little more faster but some strange things with "PCI Beging ecc ecc"

Fabio

Ok...

I get it working

AppleHDA (10.6.8) is now patched

how too...

run the Combo 10.6.8

after this before restart (I prefer so when I restart the system is ready too go)

replace the 3/4 info.plist (see post #4)

run the Audio script (see post #1)

now move into System/Lybrary/Extensions/

right click on AppleHDA.kext --> see contents

folder Contents

then folder Resources and place/overwrite into that folder this two file from this archive

(layout12.xml & Platforms.xml)

Also delete from E/E the file AD2000B.kext

rebuild caches and repair permission...

Now restart... and enjoy.

Fabio

Ok...

I get it working

how too...

run the Combo 10.6.8

after this before restart (I prefer so when I restart the system is ready too go)

folder Contents

then folder Resources and place/overwrite into that folder this two file from this archive

Fabio

thx. i will try that later this day!

Joscha

Ok...

I get it working

how too...

run the Combo 10.6.8

folder Contents

Fabio

Where do I find this file?

Found it in extra/extensions

Sound is working now, thanks alot!