[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

dgobe

1,773 posts in this topic

I do have a question -- after the guide in post #1, a few posts later there's an updated DSDT post by Fabio for the mobo and a few different GFX cards. Should I delve into these?

Not necessary...

If you have just one GFX (with two is little more complex) download and install a recent bootloader like Chameleon 2 RC5 latest version

(or if your graphics card is also recognizd not need it)...

That old pard you refear is "experimental", and little complex too... more easy a ready to use offered by bootloader...

Fabio

Thanks Fabio!

I know this is the wrong place to ask but I've been finding it hard to search the forum for such a specific thing and maybe someone also with my configuration has experienced the same thing...

Every few minutes or so, my optical drive scans and flashes like something is trying to read from a disc in the drive; but there's no disc and the machine is just idling.

I don't know what would cause this...

Also: is it safe to do a software update and install 10.6.7? Or will I need to boot back in with bootloader and run the installer again?

Hi Guys.

I noticed higher idle temps after a day of work. (55ºC)

The problem is when i restart, the temps get normal (46ºC)

Do you know what is it?

tks in advance

Hi Guys.

Do you know what is it?

tks in advance

Hi Guys.

Do you know what is it?

tks in advance

Hi Guys.

Do you know what is it?

tks in advance

Motherboard?

CPU?

OSX version? retail? distro?

bootloader used?

dsdt version?

UPDATE POST #4

Hi qbe.

In my configuration for Snow Leopard after version 10.6.4 (now 10.6.7)...

I use (DSDT 3.4) apart the numeric revision... last posted here is 3.3 (a minimized DSDT with SS for each kind of processors)

the 3.4 is just a clean "virgin" DSDT with all warning corrected and all the patch/fix knowed... NO SpeedStep CODE INSIDE, and the MacModel configured (done by the bootloader) at MacPro4,1.

Here:

• DSDT (v3.5 need 10.6.4 or upper)
    /Extra/DSDT
    >> P6T Deluxe & P6TD Deluxe DSDT <<

• smbios.plist
    /Extra/smbios.plist
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>SMserial</key>
    <string>[color="#FF0000"]***********[/color]</string> [b][i]***[/i][/b] [color="#FF0000"]Change "*" with 11 digit serial namber... COSMETICS[/color] [b][i]***[/i][/b]
    </dict>
    </plist>

• com.apple.Boot.plist
    /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>Kernel</key>
    <string>mach_kernel</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string></string>
    <key>Graphics Mode</key>
    <string>1680x1050x32</string> [b][i]***[/i][/b] [color="#FF0000"]Change with your resolution[/color] [b][i]***[/i][/b]
    <key>Quiet Boot</key>
    <string>No</string>
    <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>UseNvidiaROM</key> [b][i]***[/i][/b] [color="#FF0000"]Optional. I have my VBIOS rom also in /Extra/[/color] [b][i]***[/i][/b]
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>VBIOS</key> [b][i]***[/i][/b] [color="#FF0000"]Optional too.[/color] [b][i]***[/i][/b]
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Theme</key>
    <string>Default</string>
    </dict>
    </plist>

ALSO:

I like patch/edit the .plist file into the System/Library/Extensions (so.. no need dummy .kext in extra/Extensions)

1. Yukon2 (needed for P6T Deluxe v1/v2 & P6TD Deluxe)
    /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon2.kext/Contents/Info.plist
    >> Replace the plist with this <<

2. AppleAHCIPort
    /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext/Contents/Info.plist

3. IOAHCIBlockStorage
    /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/Info.plist

4. JMicronATA (needed for P6T & P6T SE)
    /System/Library/Extensions/JMicronATA.kext/Contents/Info.plist

How binpatch AppleHDA from terminal:

- AD2000B (P6T Deluxe v1/v2 P6TD Deluxe) also need a "legacy.kext" file in /Extra/Extensions >> AD2000B <<

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x8b\x19\xd4\x11|\x9b\x98\xd4\x11|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

- ALC1200 (P6T & P6T SE) also need a "legacy.kext" file in /Extra/Extensions >> ALC1200 <<

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x85\x08\xec\x10|\x88\x08\xec\x10|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

Enjoy!

Fabio

With this modifications do we still need /e/e/fakesmc.kext ?

I used the guide posted here

Motherboard?

P6tDeluxe v1

CPU?

i7930

10.6.7 / retail / AsusP6TDeluxeV2_boot-132v1.15.iso

bootloader used?

Chameleon RC4

dsdt version?

from AsusP6TDeluxeV2_boot-132v1.15.iso

I didnt identify what program is causing it... really weird

thanks in advance!

best regards

Rodrigo

I used the guide posted here

Motherboard?

P6tDeluxe v1

CPU?

i7930

10.6.7 / retail / AsusP6TDeluxeV2_boot-132v1.15.iso

bootloader used?

Chameleon RC4

dsdt version?

from AsusP6TDeluxeV2_boot-132v1.15.iso

I didnt identify what program is causing it... really weird

thanks in advance!

best regards

Rodrigo

hi

follow the instruction in the #post4

owerwrite the DSDT located in Extra/

and install chameleon 2 RC5 (now... 752)...

and probably you stabilize your config....

Fabio

Ps add your specs in signature pls!

I have windows on another drive which chameleon picks up fine. But when I try and boot into windows now I get blue screens because obviously the BIOS settings are different.

Does anyone have any handy tricks of swapping bios configs out when you need to boot to different OSes?

Does anyone in this topic have a confirmed working USB WiFi dongle?

My Asus WL-138G v2 PCI card is a piece of {censored} and I want to find a better wireless solution, be it a better PCI card or a 100% confirmed and supported USB stick.

any advice?

My Asus WL-138G v2 PCI card is a piece of {censored} and I want to find a better wireless solution, be it a better PCI card or a 100% confirmed and supported USB stick.

Hi lee majors

Search supported hardware list's here and wiki (not always up to date) or look at peoples signature/s to find

confirmed working USB Wi-Fi. I use PCI (see sig.) woks fine. Have found on this forum elsewhere some use

apple Wi-Fi card (not sure what adapter/s needed or if Windows OK with this). To help search this forum there

is a 'Insanely Mac' Firefox plugin that tend to work better than 'Search' function..

I have windows on another drive which chameleon picks up fine. But when I try and boot into windows now I get blue screens because obviously the BIOS settings are different.

Does anyone have any handy tricks of swapping bios configs out when you need to boot to different OSes?

You need to set Windows to run on AHCI (google it). Do not use software solution & disconnect your OSX hard drive

while you do this. Win will then work without Bios change. Also later versions of Chameleon are more Windows

friendly than version in dgobe's installer. This as well as many other improvements makes it worthwhile to update.

UPDATE POST #4

In my configuration for Snow Leopard after version 10.6.4 (now 10.6.7)...

I use (DSDT 3.4) apart the numeric revision... last posted here is 3.3 (a minimized DSDT with SS for each kind of processors)

the 3.4 is just a clean "virgin" DSDT with all warning corrected and all the patch/fix knowed... NO SpeedStep CODE INSIDE, and the MacModel configured (done by the bootloader) at MacPro4,1.

Enjoy!

Fabio

Hi Fabio,

Thanks for your update to post #4. Will try this once when the rest of my household allows me time

back on My machine.. :)

With this modifications do we still need /e/e/fakesmc.kext ?

@PiSToLBR

Yes , please use MacPro4,1 keys (modded by smith@@) as Fabio suggested at post#4.

hi

follow the instruction in the #post4

owerwrite the DSDT located in Extra/

and install chameleon 2 RC5 (now... 752)...

and probably you stabilize your config....

Fabio

Ps add your specs in signature pls!

Hi Fabio

!

i've installed rc5 and the dsdt and the temps gets 5º higher suddenly...

Just a few questions:

1 - RC5 752 is the last?

2 - How do i know if the power management is running ok?

regards

Thank you very much!!!!

all kind os help is appreciated

regards

Rodrigo

I'm having a complete nightmare trying to reinstall following this guide!

I've successfully installed following this guide before and updating via the SL Updater. This time however I'm successful in getting SL installed from the retail disk (as per the guide) and I'm able to get everything working (Ethernet, Sound, Graphics etc). However, after I update using the combo-update package pre-downloaded from the Apple site I get a variety of errors from Kernel Panics to random errors I don't really understand.

I'm using the Combo Updates downloaded from the Apple site and I've tried with every iteration from 10.6.4 to 10.6.7.

My latest attempt was to update using the 10.6.4 combo and I was able to boot but when I arrived where the desktop should be I saw just a completely white screen with a black mouse pointer.

If I boot into Safe Mode (-X) I'm able to see the desktop but I'm not able to rerun the graphics kext installation because my USB isn't recognized, neither is my CD or Network. All of this means that I'm stuck either reinstalling (for the 11th time) or using safe mode FOREVER!! :(

My goal is to have a fully working 10.6.7 install with my existing hardware (see below in my sig). I did have it working perfectly before as I already said, but I decided to play around with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] without really knowing what I was doing and I broke the build; I didn't even take a backup first!! (yeah, I know, I'm an idiot!)

If anyone can recommend a way of updating that WON'T cause Kernel Panics or undo the Graphics Install that would be amazing.

Things I've already tried:

I've gone back into /S/L/E and deleted the NVidia Kexts

I've checked the ATI Kexts to make sure they are Vervet

I've booted with GraphicsEnabler Y & N

I'm totally out of ideas and it's so frustrating as I know this can work perfectly, as it did before.

Please help me.

@Richard79

Could you please take a snapshot of your screen and post it here (with the KP)?

I'm having some issues with USB and am wondering if anyone else with our motherboard has experienced them too...

Generally all the USB ports work. But if I plug in a few different devices, sometimes the front panel USB ports stop working, sometimes external drives aren't detected or suddenly disconnect prompting warnings that they weren't safely removed etc.

Would be curious if anyone knows what the problem might be....

@Richard79

Could you please take a snapshot of your screen and post it here (with the KP)?

I'm fully up and running now, thanks for your response though. I do like to battle these things out...and it really was a battle. The issue was, running Chimera v1.0.1 after installing my graphics kexts. For some reason this was having the effect of breaking my audio (although I'm not sure how).

Anyway, I'm typing this on my lovely 10.6.7 with Audio and Wireless. I'm a happy boy!

Thanks to everyone for contributing here. An incredibly painless build with everything working as it should, just like a real Mac. Easiest install ever. I used the USB stick method and just moved my SL HD over from my old C2D/P33 hack. Booted right up, changed the plist files in /Extra, updated DSDT and edited /Extensions, installed Chameleon RC5 and that's it.

I did run into an issue with my bios, at first boot I can enter the bios as

normal hitting the delete key but subsequent boots blocks me out yet keyboard still responds with the tab

and F8 functions, lose all USB (keyboard) recognition if I remove power from

the board as one does when they're building a system. I found a workaround

by moving the cmos jumper and clearing it out which works but is a major

pain as that's what I have to do to change anything in the bios. I've got a

couple of profiles set up in recovery so at least I don't have to redo

everything after a cmos clear. BTW, I did replace the cmos battery and

checked the new one with a multimeter for voltage, no help.

A little googling showed several long threads where others have had this issue, was wondering if anyone here has run into this problem?

Hi CJP2,

This is more than likely a Asus Bios issue, My Apple A1242 keyboard does not have the Delete key recognised &

prior to the last Bios update the Tab key selection was only working at random. Asus support was very supportive

but plenty slow, they offered a solution by me sending them my keyboard (halfway across the planet mind you).

This is the same no matter if I have any many or no OS installed. As to a solution I have an old keyboard (PS2)

that I connect if I wish to enter Bios. Otherwise you could consider contacting Asus support & go from there..

any advice?

hi man

D link DWA-125

I'm trying to install OSX on my custom build computer(after running windows for 2 years).

However during install it hangs on "Waiting for DSMOS", i'm still looking for a solution but somewhere I got lost and I need some directions for this.

(will update signature later).

PC specs:

CPU: I7 920

MoBo: P6T Deluxe v1

Graphic card: Asus GTX285

RAM: 6GB (removed 2 GB for installing osx)

HDD: using 1 500GB samsung sata drive

What i've done so far:

I used this version of the 132 boot cd --> AsusP6TDeluxeV2_boot_132v1.15.7z.zip

And I transferred the retail mac osx dvd to 8GB USB flash drive

Modified my Bios according to posted picture in 1th post in topic.

132 boot cd runs, flash drive comes up nicely and I can start install.

After 1 minute it keeps hanging on message "waiting for DSMOS"

I tried all 3 combinations of the boot parameters (-x / GraphicsEnabler=n / arch=i386)

Some of my google searches gave me a result of deleting the DSMOS.kext and put FakeSMC.kext in the folder.

But at that point I get stuck... those instructions where for if your install already where a succes.

I inspected the 132 boot cd for kexts, thought maybe they we're on the cd.. I just replace the kexts and recompile the iso but couldnt find it.

Maybe i'm thinking to hard but I need a push in the right direction.

edit1:

I transferred the retail dvd osx to my 8GB usb flash drive using Transmac via Windows 7.

It did gave an error that it might not have enough disk space (needed 7,5GB and availabe 7,5GB).

When I open the flash drive via TransMac it says:

"There was a problem accessing the end of this volume. It will be mounted read only, but there may be problems reading files".

Ok fair enough, this could be the cause of my problems but is it, can anyone confirm?

This because of the 132 boot image, i'm not sure if the "Waiting for dsmod" error is coming from the 132 boot image or from the dvd image on the flash drive.

edit2: Added screenshot of error as attachment + AIDA64 report for hardware overview

TIA !

(my goal is a dualboot with mac osx and windows 7, first have to get osx86 installed)

post-792398-1304767398_thumb.jpg

thomk_PC.txt

@thomk

Please follow Post#1, use your retail disk directly. Please do not use your flash drive. Keep us posted.

(Flash drive installation is in Post #2)

• 3 weeks later...
I'm trying to install OSX on my custom build computer(after running windows for 2 years).

However during install it hangs on "Waiting for DSMOS", i'm still looking for a solution but somewhere I got lost and I need some directions for this.

(will update signature later).

PC specs:

CPU: I7 920

MoBo: P6T Deluxe v1

Graphic card: Asus GTX285

RAM: 6GB (removed 2 GB for installing osx)

HDD: using 1 500GB samsung sata drive

(my goal is a dualboot with mac osx and windows 7, first have to get osx86 installed)

I've got a similar system to you except I have an ATI HD5850. I installed SL to a seperate 1TB drive and it's all fine. Dual boots - everything running @ 64bit.

Initially I used [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] and [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] to get SL running. Maybe try that first from tonymacx86.

I didn't have to remove any ram although it says to.

I referred to this guide for the DSDT and sound issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, last night after a few months of my hackintosh being offline I decided it was time to reattempt the fun that is hackintosh.

I utilized the method I found to be the most successful last time which was [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] + Retail DVD + [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url].

Using the dsdt posted in post 2 or 3, as well as AsusP6TDeluxeV2_boot_132v1.15.7z from post 1 I was able to get almost everything working.

However, despite my best efforts I am currently still unable to get audio working. I have dropped the audiopatcher.sh into terminal a few times, entered my password and to no avail. I have also tried using audio out on the motherboard as well as audio out via HDMI (XFX 5770) and neither are working.

Additionally, despite my best efforts the D-Link usb bluetooth adapter I used and was successful with 10.6.5 is no longer working on 10.6.7. It will find my magic mouse and trackpad just fine but says there is a configuration problem preventing it from pairing.

Next, I am unable to successfully boot by booting directly to the harddrive, however if I put the [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] disk in I can boot directly to the harddrive with no additional commands being necessary.

Finally, sleep seems to be non-functional, althought to be honest I haven't tried much to resolve that as of yet as it was a more minor concern compared to those above.

I have read and searched this thread, and others, over and over and it seems I am alone in my bluetooth error, and all known methods of fixing audio aren't working for me.

System Specs: Asus p6T Deluxe v2, i7 920, 12gb Corsair XMS3, Corsair SF-1200, XFX 5770

Hi FungFlex,

Unfortunately with your mixed bag install it is unlikely anyone could help you here. I would suggest just use the

install as in this thread with the latest Chameleon which also I believe now supports your GFx card.

Please see links below for latest Chameleon install methods

: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=231075

: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=257464

Or you could just firstly replace boot file from this install (link below) first then update Chameleon after.

: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=231768

As to sound from your HDMI (most 4x 5x cards don't have HDMI sound supported), depending on how much time

& effort you wish to put in you 'May' be able to get success via editing custom personalities, see below link.

Otherwise search forum for any other solutions that may be out there..

: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=249642