[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

dgobe

1,773 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I have a few problems getting Snow Leopard on my Asus P6T SE working.

I can install it, and then it reboots and runs, but when i reboot then again it doesn't boot from the bootcd, but it does with an other boot usb-stick (myhack).

If i install the AsusP6TDeluxe.pkg package for my I7 930, same problem occurs.

My specs are:

Asus P6T SE

Intel Core I7 930

Gigabyte GV-N460OC-1GB

6GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 PC3-12800 Low-Voltage Triple Channel

250GB samsung hard disk.

Thanks in advance!

Hello all,

I have a few problems getting Snow Leopard on my Asus P6T SE working.

I can install it, and then it reboots and runs, but when i reboot then again it doesn't boot from the bootcd, but it does with an other boot usb-stick (myhack).

If i install the AsusP6TDeluxe.pkg package for my I7 930, same problem occurs.

My specs are:

Asus P6T SE

Intel Core I7 930

Gigabyte GV-N460OC-1GB

6GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 PC3-12800 Low-Voltage Triple Channel

250GB samsung hard disk.

Thanks in advance!

Use the flag -x your GTX460 "probably" is not supported from older 10.6.x need 10.6.5 and new nvidia driver... and also a new bootloader with the "fermi" id like your GFX

Fabio

Hello guys!

I managed to install MacosX on my p6t deluxe V2 last week!

The problem was my HD4870! Some kexts were replaced and that's ok!

I have a question! How do you build a dual boot with windows 7?

I've tried with diskpart utility and other tools but my windows partition is still seen as MSDOS (FAT) (windows 7 is in a NTFS Partition...)

Thanks everybody!

Have a nice day.

Hi,

I got a question on SLEEP, I am not getting it to work on OSX / WIN7

Basically my machine doesn't resume after sleep, can anyone tell me where I need to look to get this to work?

Under windows I get the same issue, My BIOS is set to C3, but I tried AUTO/C1

I got a question on SLEEP, I am not getting it to work on OSX / WIN7

Basically my machine doesn't resume after sleep, can anyone tell me where I need to look to get this to work?

Had this problem once after updating a Chameleon version.. Cleared caches, set extensions permissions & touch

extensions (OSX86Tools), Ran Kext Utility then Repair Permissions (Disk Utility), Restart. I think I may of done this

procedure twice then sleep worked properly again. :)

I have a question! How do you build a dual boot with windows 7?

I've tried with diskpart utility and other tools but my windows partition is still seen as MSDOS (FAT) (windows 7 is in a NTFS Partition...)

If your trying to put both O/S's on same disk this is not preferred, search this forum for solution's (note OSX does not

recognise NTFS natively if that is what you mean). It is much easier to use separate H/D's

:Plug in H/D for Win installation

:Disconnect OSX H/D

:Set Bios back to IDE

:Install Win

:Set to run on AHCI (Google it, use navigate or cmd way NOT programme solution)

:Bios should now set back to AHCI

:Connect OSX H/D (make sure on 1st SATA port)

:Start OSX re Install Chameleon (use version I post back a bit or later)

Done.. :D

The following I have not tested so try at own risk (backup first just in case) :wacko:

If you wish to share files between both OS's consider an XFAT partition as 10.6.5 now supports this, If you try

and it works (or not) please post back for others.. :)

Hope this helps...

Had this problem once after updating a Chameleon version.. Cleared caches, set extensions permissions & touch

extensions (OSX86Tools), Ran Kext Utility then Repair Permissions (Disk Utility), Restart. I think I may of done this

procedure twice then sleep worked properly again. :)

Hi, Thanks for your tips :D

However I have this problem as well under WIN7, I was thinking I should first get it to work there to make sure it's not just some hardware configuration, I'm trying to see if perhaps my video card is preventing (Nvidia 9800GT /1GB) it from sleep in de first place...under C1 I get it to work (WIN7) however it doesn't shut the machine fully off, it's not a deep sleep.

Basically I am wonder why BIOS at C3, will sleep the machine but wont wake it up, in other words I have to shut it down / holding power button and at restart windows will resume where it left off?

If anyone can shed a light on why this is behaving the way it is that be great :D

However I have this problem as well under WIN7, I was thinking I should first get it to work there to make sure it's not just some hardware configuration, I'm trying to see if perhaps my video card is preventing (Nvidia 9800GT /1GB) it from sleep in de first place...under C1 I get it to work (WIN7) however it doesn't shut the machine fully off, it's not a deep sleep.

This also affected my Win7 but lost sleep and the time on Win7 was also way out ?? At that time I also had

9800GT 1GB. This GFx card had a fault and used to shut of then restart when under heavy load (OSX or Win7).

While what I did above fixed the problem not sure if it was coincidental..

Sorry no further ideas for you to try.

procedure twice then sleep worked properly again. :D

If your trying to put both O/S's on same disk this is not preferred, search this forum for solution's (note OSX does not

recognise NTFS natively if that is what you mean). It is much easier to use separate H/D's

:Plug in H/D for Win installation

:Disconnect OSX H/D

:Set Bios back to IDE

:Install Win

:Set to run on AHCI (Google it, use navigate or cmd way NOT programme solution)

:Bios should now set back to AHCI

:Connect OSX H/D (make sure on 1st SATA port)

:Start OSX re Install Chameleon (use version I post back a bit or later)

Done.. :D

The following I have not tested so try at own risk (backup first just in case) ;)

If you wish to share files between both OS's consider an XFAT partition as 10.6.5 now supports this, If you try

and it works (or not) please post back for others.. :)

Hope this helps...

For various reasons that I'm not going to discuss here, I'm backing up my system before trying to setup a dual boot Snow Leo + Win7 on two different partitions, but on the same disk. Yes, it's not the easiest way to manage our setups, but maybe I found a way to do that.

During next weekend I'll switch from theory into practice and will keep you updated!

Snow Leopard + Win 7 booting from the same disk: (DANGERrRr...follow it at your own risk).

Here's how I did it:

-Follow step by step iFabio's guide but when setting up your partition, at "Operating System Install" point 4, apply a dual partition scheme, GUID(GPT) as usual. Leave the first partition in MacOSX Journaled format, but format the second as FAT, so that Win7 installation disk will be able to use it and reformat as NTFS (Snow can't do this).

-Go on installing Snow on the first partition and follow iFabio's guide.

When you are able to load correctly Snow, it's time to install Win 7, so restart with Seven's installation disk in your drive and boot from it.

Basically I got infos from here:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums...a7-a49cbbcbbf2f

This allows you to setup and boot Win7 from a single NTFS partition as XP did, avoiding the 100 MB partition at the beginning of the disk that Seven uses as default starting point for booting.

So...

At the first setup screen (Language, Keyboard, etc.) press SHIFT+F10. This will open a command prompt window.

Type in it:

- Diskpart

- List disk

Your disk should be the first one, so type

- select disk 0

to work with disk 0, than type

-list partition

If you partitioned disks as I did, you should see 3 partitions. The 1st is the GUID partition (Snow didn't show you that), the 2nd should be where your Snow Leopard lives, the 3rd should be the FAT one. Let's move to it by typing

-partition select 3

Let's make it active and format it by typing

- active

- format fs=ntfs quick

Type Exit to leave Diskpart, and Exit again to close the command prompt.

Go on installing Windows 7 in this partition.

When you are done and Win7 can boot, it will be time to restore our dear Chameleon, so boot again from the "boot-132 disk" for this motherboard, and than start Snow Leo.

Install Chameleon again...

...reboot...

...DONE.

;)

Use the flag -x your GTX460 "probably" is not supported from older 10.6.x need 10.6.5 and new nvidia driver... and also a new bootloader with the "fermi" id like your GFX

Fabio

Thanks for replying.

So i need Mac OSX 10.6.5 retail, and a new nvidia kext.

How do i make/get a new bootloader with that fermi you mentioned?

I'll try a new install tonight with a older Mac OSX version, and the -x flag.

See if it then boots the second time.

Enerxotic.

Thanks for replying.

So i need Mac OSX 10.6.5 retail, and a new nvidia kext.

How do i make/get a new bootloader with that fermi you mentioned?

I'll try a new install tonight with a older Mac OSX version, and the -x flag.

See if it then boots the second time.

Enerxotic.

Hi, take a look at this thread :)

Hello I have

Asus P6T Deluxe v2 BIOS Version: 1108 / i7 980x 3.33 / Gigabyte 9800 GT 1 GB / 12 GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 CMP12GX3M3A1600C9 / 256 GB SSD /

I have tried the USB install method and the CD method both give me a black screen when booting with -v (frozen silver apple logo when not) screen goes black after kexts are loaded and installer reaches "loading darwin x86"

when using the USB method I have added the 980x DSDT to the USBs EXTRA folder

I thought it may be the video card have tried -x and GraphicsEnabler=n and arch=i386

I have even put a Asus Nvidia 8500 which works flawlessly in my other hackintosh in and I get the same problem

I have tried pulling all the ram sticks except one with no joy.

I have one SSD drive attached and one SATA DVD drive. No other peripherals.

Using Apple USB keyboard and Mouse.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance

Hi barren,

Both 980x & SSD need S/L 10.6.3 at least to work. 9800 GFx should be fine as is (ie no boot flags etc).

Apple keyboard 'May not' have Delete key recognised by Bios (my model anyway). This does not stop

install in anyway just annoying (notified Asus tech support but no fix yet)..

Hi barren,

Both 980x & SSD need S/L 10.6.3 at least to work. 9800 GFx should be fine as is (ie no boot flags etc).

Apple keyboard 'May not' have Delete key recognised by Bios (my model anyway). This does not stop

install in anyway just annoying (notified Asus tech support but no fix yet)..

Many thanks for the reply. I am using a retail 10.6.3 SL install DVD.

More details:

SSD plugged into SATA port 1, DVD drive to SATA port 3.

Memory in orange slots. timings manually typed into BIOS (9-9-9-24) also tried all on Auto.

Video Card in blue PCI-E slot

Temps all normal: 33 degrees

Last few lines after loading kexts and before black screen read when using USB boot method:

Patched DMI table

Loaded HFS+ File [Extra/DSDT.aml]

Using PCI-Root-UID value:0

Lan Controller [llab:4364]

Setting up lan keys

Patched DMI table

Found SMBIOS System Information Table 1

Customizing SystemID with:

Patched DMI Table

Loaded HFS+ file: [Extra/DSDT.aml]

PADT: Restart Fix applied

PADT: Restart Fix applied

Patched ACPI version 2 DSDT

Starting Darwin x86

My Extra folder on my USB key looks as follows:

post-659758-1293630051_thumb.png

Edit: I have successfully loaded Window XP SP2 onto this machine on another drive.

Your system appears to be set up correctly. There is later kexts for extra which you can add when using

usb installer method (see iFabio post#4), this probably will not change your situation. There was some

discussion a while back about problem's with some SSD's. Your Bios timings should not effect install as long

as the other settings are as post#1. I'm guessing SSD is problem.

As you have another hack try installing S/L direct to the SSD (externally) then plug back into your machine.

If your not sure how google " Install Snow Leopard (10A432) " (link not allowed here). Obviously use installer

DSDT etc from here (make sure you select your SSD drive when installing these)..

Your system appears to be set up correctly. There is later kexts for extra which you can add when using

usb installer method (see iFabio post#4), this probably will not change your situation. There was some

discussion a while back about problem's with some SSD's. Your Bios timings should not effect install as long

as the other settings are as post#1. I'm guessing SSD is problem.

As you have another hack try installing S/L direct to the SSD (externally) then plug back into your machine.

If your not sure how google " Install Snow Leopard (10A432) " (link not allowed here). Obviously use installer

DSDT etc from here (make sure you select your SSD drive when installing these)..

I tried this and tried booting into single user mode to rebuild Extensions.mkext cache and the same thing happened, kexts load and and then a black screen. I think the kernel is panicking because it resets the BIOS settings on reset.

I tried installing from USB and boot CD onto a velociraptor with no SSD attached. same issue.

I've run a memtest boot CD and it passed all the memory tests so I've eliminated the RAM i think.

I don't think its the graphics card as I get the same symptoms with my other 8500 card taken from my other Hackintosh.

I going run some CPU tests in XP and see if it falls over. EDIT: All seems fine in XP

Any other suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks in advance

@barren,

You mentioned before you had tried auto Ram settings did you try also with only one ram stick installed. If the

bios is resetting this can be caused by ram overclock failing, otherwise not sure what else could be doing this.

@FMAranda,

Sorry your Mobo not covered here, I'm pretty sure iFabio was compiling a list of supported Asus Mobo's over

on his Italian thread otherwise note what settings our board bios uses & compare this to your's (see post#1).

If you also compare your boards spec's (chipset's etc) & if it's same as yours you may be able to use dgobe's

installer with the DSDT MaLdOn set up for you. I realise your having some problems but with our model Asus

boards we generally enjoy one of the most supported stable & easiest to set up Mobo's out there. Good luck.

@barren,

You mentioned before you had tried auto Ram settings did you try also with only one ram stick installed. If the

bios is resetting this can be caused by ram overclock failing, otherwise not sure what else could be doing this.

Ok I set processor number to 1 and installed 1 stick of RAM and it still didn't work then as a last resort I used the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] CD and I got to here and it froze

post-659758-1293720985_thumb.jpg

so I swapped the SSD to a pre GUID formatted caviar and I at last got to the install page. However I can't install. Install time stays stuck on installer time left 20 mins for hours with no disk activity or log activity.

Using disk utility is painfully slow to show you mounted drives, can't format drives and said it would take 9 hours to firstaid a drive.

EDIT:

I Installed OSX on a freshly formatted 1TB partition on my WD caviar on my other hackintosh using method you mentioned to me earlier iBdb. I try booting with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] CD then select the caviar drive I get further than loading kexts b then I get this error

AppleAHCIDiskQueueManager::setPowerState(0x703ce00, 2 -> 1) timed out after 100104 ms

SATA WARNING: Enable auto-activate failed.

and nothing.. for about 20 mins then

disk0s2: I/O error...

hfs_mountroot failed: 5

cannot mount root, errno = 19

From path "uuid"

Waiting for boot volume with UUID...

Waiting on..

Got Bootdevice = IOService...

BSD root: disk0s2, major 14, minor 3

and nothing..

EDIT 2 :

SOLVED.. I think.

1. I mounted my SSD on my other hackintosh and installed 10.6.3 retail from a DVD image that I'd made using the method iBdb pointed me to.

2. Then I used the 10.6.5 combo updater to update the installation on that drive.

3. Then I installed chameleon 2 rc5_pre8 onto that drive

4. Created Extra folder in root directory and added Extensions from Fabios Post #4

5. connected back to new build

5. booted first time!

6. Added Ethernet and audio tweaks

I think perhaps the DDR 1600 ram I have needs 10.6.5. or maybe theres a difference between the Chameleon build from this thread and chameleon 2 rc5_pre8

Pleased for now!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DSDT v3.3 (stripped optimized code with SpeedStep)

Reduced the SS code

Correct some minus error in previus version.

ONLY FOR: P6T Deluxe v1, P6T Deluxe Palm, P6T Deluxe v2 & P6TD Deluxe

May, 15 2010

(thx/credits for test and edit to: mauriziopasotti, kn6600, dgobe)

i7 920 --> HERE <--

i7 930 --> HERE <--

i7 940 --> HERE <--

i7 950 --> HERE <--

i7 965 --> HERE <--

i7 975 --> HERE <--

i7 980x--> HERE <--

------------------

I suggest use this version of FakeSMC with MacPro4,1 keys (modded by smith@@)

FakeSMC.kext --> HERE <--

A legacy edited it contains AD2000B.kext and OrangeIconFix.kext all-in-one

P6T-Deluxe.kext --> HERE <--

-------------------

So we need:

In Extra/Extensions you need:

- FakeSMC.kext

- P6T-Deluxe.kext

- AppleVIAATA.kext (OPTIONAL)

In the dir System/Library/Extensions you need owerwrite your AppleHDA.kext (original 10.6.3) with this binpatched by smith@@

- AppleHDA.kext --> HERE <--

----------------

Exellent utility for all operation like rebuild caches and install new kext:

Kext Utility v2.3.2 (cVad) --> HERE <--

-------

ONLY for P6T SE

(thx/credits for test to: mauriziopasotti)

i7 920 --> HERE <--

i7 930 --> HERE <--

i7 940 --> HERE <--

i7 950 --> HERE <--

i7 965 --> HERE <--

i7 975 --> HERE <--

i7 980x--> HERE <--

A legacy only for P6T SE with ALC1200.kext and OrangeIconFix.kext all-in-one

P6T-SE.kext --> HERE <--

I suggest use this version of FakeSMC with MacPro4,1 keys (modded by smith@@)

FakeSMC.kext --> HERE <--

In the dir System/Library/Extensions you need owerwrite your AppleHDA.kext (original 10.6.3) with this binpatched by smith@@

- AppleHDA.kext --> HERE <--

So we need:

In Extra/Extensions you need:

- FakeSMC.kext

- P6T-SE.kext

DSDT v3.2.1 (stripped optimized code with SpeedStep)

ONLY FOR: P6T Deluxe v1, P6T Deluxe Palm, P6T Deluxe v2 & P6TD Deluxe

April, 29 2010

Changes:

- P00x changes to CPUx

- Added SS code for specific i7 processors

- Added some minus stuff from iMac11,1 with i7 processor (Full ACPI dump..)

- Correct some little error

- id for internal SATA

- Completly changed the injector method like M2.x series (MasterChief injector)

- I recommend use a new FakeSMC2.5 modded by Andy Vandijck for gave a litte more spped in the boot

- This DSDT Tables don't have the code for Sudden Motion Sensor.. we don't need it ;)

- Enjoy! :(

DSDT v. 3.2.1 x i7 920 --> HERE <--

DSDT v. 3.2.1 x i7 930 --> HERE <--

DSDT v. 3.2.1 x i7 940 --> HERE <--

DSDT v. 3.2.1 x i7 950 --> HERE <--

DSDT v. 3.2.1 x i7 965 --> HERE <--

DSDT M2.6 (full optimized code)

May, 2 2010

ONLY FOR: P6T SE

i7 965 --> HERE <--

i7 950 --> HERE <--

i7 940 --> HERE <--

i7 930 --> HERE <--

i7 920 --> HERE <--

DSDT M2.5 (full optimized code)

Mar, 30 2010

i7 975

i7 965

i7 950 M2.5.950.zip (DSDT edit by kn6600 ACPI tables by stealth_d)

i7 940

i7 930 M2.5.930.zip (DSDT edit by kn6600 ACPI tables by RevNelson)

i7 920

i7 basic (version with no SS) M2.5.zip

DSDT update: DSDT v3.1 (stripped optimized code)

Mar, 6 2010

solved Firewire error log :) .

The firewire works after a sleep function ;)

GFX7 value correct (Set to 0x0000 / Zero)

DSDT v3.1.4 (Full) DSDTv3.1.4.zip

Same version with internal SATA id --> Here

For people using 2 GFX use this version --> Here

Credits to kn6600

Mar, 3 2010

solved compatibility with AppleVIAATA.kext

I found the problem that causes the non-functioning of Sleep with that kext is a injected (cosmetics) data inside the DSDT...

with this DSDT you can use this kext for the PATA support w/o corrupt the sleep :) .

DSDT v3.1.3 (Full)

Feb, 26 2010

solved SLEEP issue

I found the problem cause sleep issue... is the firewire pach and the AppleVIAATA.kext

So this DSDT fix the sleep but in boot-log you will see back:

Firewire runtime power conservation disabled. (2)

This still a temporary solution for all people ask for get SLEEP function work back.

(If I have time I try to fix the firewire log error in other way)

DSDT v3.1.2 (Full) DSDTv3.1.2.zip

GFX injection (with this you can remove graphics enabler in com.apple.Boot.plist)

(before use make sure you have the same device id!!)

You need to know how add your new data:

PCIe 2.0 x16_3 slot (black, at max. x8 link)

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)

- Device (PEG1) Name (_ADR, 0x00010000) --> Device (GFX1)

PCIe 2.0 x16_1 slot (blue, at x16 link)

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x0)

- Device (PEG3) Name (_ADR, 0x00030000) --> Device (GFX3)

PCIe 2.0 x16_2 slot (white, at x16 link)

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x7,0x0)

- Device (PEG7) Name (_ADR, 0x00070000) --> Device (GFX7)

pcie20.jpg

Note: Inside the Efi.plist

HDEF id - 2 Ethernet built in - IDE cosmethics name - LPCB id - SATA internal id & cosmetics name

GFX injection is GeForce GTX260 (you have change this one with your/s)

DSDT v3.1.2 (EFI Version)+(EFI.plist) DSDTv3.1.2_EFI.zip

Some ready to use com.apple.Boot.plist with:(just need the DSDT EFI Version)

GeForce 9800 GT 1Gb (0x10de 0x0614) >>9800_GT_c.a.B.p.zip

GeForce GTX 260 896Mb (0x10de 0x05e2) >>GTX_260_c.a.B.p.zip

2x GeForce GTX 260 896Mb (0x10de 0x05e2) >>2xGTX_260_c.a.B.p.zip

GeForce GTX 285 1Gb (0x10de 0x05e3) >>GTX_285_c.a.B.p.zip

Quadro Fx 5600 1,5Gb(0x10de 0x019d) >>Quadr_FX_5600_c.a.B.p.zip

GeForce 9400 GT (0x10de 0x065b) >>

DSDT update: DSDT v3.00

Feb, 3 2010

Please read before using:

- If you have a PS2 keyboard probably does not work (I removed this part)

- In this new version is missing the SpeedStep, but the system works well the temperatures are very good and overall system responsiveness is extraordinary.

- I have reduced the DSDT code to a minimum (or near) (maybe this will achieve a bootloader for our motherboard.)

- Still unresolved the problem of sleep :(

- Yet to be tested. .. if there are improvements to the FireWire or remains as in previous versions.

- So if you have problem with this new DSDT.... go back at previus version M2.4

DSDT v3.00: P6T Deluxe & P6TD Deluxe >> P6T_Deluxe_P6TD_Deluxe_v3.00.zip

credits: smith@@ (thank's for all your advice)

have fun!

DSDT M2.4

Feb, 8 2010

i7 basic (version with no SS)

This DSDT is a combination coming from My M2.x series and Karineko's DSDT with working Sleep.

Include the last DSDT pach and fix present in DSDTv3.1.4

Confirmed compatibility with 2 and 3 GFX card

DSDT M2.3

i7 940

i7 920

i7 basic (version with no SS)

DSDT history

Last version M2.2.1

(Cosmetics changes)

- i7 940

- i7 920

- i7 Independent

Old version

DSDT M2.2

- i7 940

- i7 920

- i7 Independent

DSDT M2.1

- i7 940

- i7 920

- i7 Independent

DSDT M2.0

- i7 940

- i7 920

- i7 Independen

--------------------------------

Core i7 920(2.66G,L2:4x256KB,L3:8M, rev.C0,130W)

Core i7 920(2.66G,L2:4x256KB,L3:8M, rev.D0,130W)

Core i7 930(2.8G,L2:8M, rev.D0,130W)

Core i7 940(2.93G,L2:4x256KB,L3:8M, rev.C0,130W)

Core i7 950(3.06G,L2:4x256KB,L3:8M, rev.D0,130W)

Core i7 960(3.2G,L2:4x256KB,L3:8M, rev.D0,130W)

Core i7 980X(3.33G,L2:4x256KB,L3:12M, rev.B1,130W)

Core i7 Extreme Edition 965(3.20G,L2:4x256KB,L3:8M, rev.C0,130W)

Core i7 Extreme Edition 975(3.33G,L2:4x256KB,L3:8M, rev.D0,130W)

:trumpet: Hi may it be a wonderful New Year for all :D

@barren,

Good to see your up and running now. Thanks for posting your progress clearly for others to see.. :)

@B63s,

Hi and your question is ?? Could you please edit add your question and remove the full post quote. Thanks

Very impressed with the machine so far, very fast!

I've been annoyed for a while the way fonts are displayed on my hackintoshs. I found this:

Put

defaults -currentHost write -globalDomain AppleFontSmoothing -int 2

into terminal and screen font rendering now look great.

I'm trying to get istat to display accurate temperature information for the CPU. The tjmax value set inside @@smiths version of FakeSMC is set to 100. This however means my idle temps are showing at 11 degrees. The BIOS setup shows it to be 35 degrees. If I adjust my tjmax value to 135 I get roughly the same reading in istat. Is this the right way to do this? Is the BIOS setups temperature reporting more or less accurate?