[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

dgobe

1,773 posts in this topic

Hi to all,

I did an update to 10.6.6 about 3 days ago, and I noticed that many times when a do a single click. it takes it as a double click and opens the file / folder or whatever i clicked on.

It doesn't do it anytime, but most of the time.

Has anybody noticed the same ? Has anybody an idea ?

I'm sure that I didn't have this before the update.

Thanks in advance for your help

I'm running 10.6.6 on my P6T WS Pro without any problems. Only using 3 kexts as stated earlier, and I fixed my sleep delay after finding I had left out the device id injection for the LPCB in my dsdt. Kinda neat that sleep still worked at all without it! Here's my updated dsdt (modded and stock) if you guys want to list the P6T WS Pro on the first page as well. My modded one includes the cpu section for the i7 950, with thirteen P-States. I had noticed the P6T Deluxe one you guys list for the 950 only includes 11 P-States, and correcting to the 13 definitely increased my geekbench score.

p6t_ws_pro.zip

I'm running 10.6.6 on my P6T WS Pro without any problems. Only using 3 kexts as stated earlier, and I fixed my sleep delay after finding I had left out the device id injection for the LPCB in my dsdt. Kinda neat that sleep still worked at all without it! Here's my updated dsdt (modded and stock) if you guys want to list the P6T WS Pro on the first page as well. My modded one includes the cpu section for the i7 950, with thirteen P-States. I had noticed the P6T Deluxe one you guys list for the 950 only includes 11 P-States, and correcting to the 13 definitely increased my geekbench score.

Hi banini_jeque.

With the latest bootlaoader chameleon and similar, and after 10.6.4.

the P/C/T-State aren't need into the DSDT... the bootloader and recently system software feature provide the "correct" setting"...

Try delete from your DSDT that section and you will see no difference at all :)

Fabio

So I would just put in DropSSDT=yes, GeneratePStates=yes, and GenerateCStates=yes right?

Edit: Okay, so, I got that to work using the above commands in my boot.plist, but it only gives me 12 P-States. I've also discovered that if I boot with device id injection for the LPCB, the whole system stutters (audio, video, cursor, etc), and boot/restart/shutdown times increase. As soon as I switch back the the dsdt I was using before that didn't have that, the stuttering goes away, and that's the only difference between those two dsdts.

Edit 2: Alright I seem to have fixed the stuttering by carefully going over my dsdt collection and trying a different HPET device section. The one I had didn't have any IRQs in it, but the one I have now does. I'm going to keep using the CPU section for now since Chameleon is dropping a P State.

Edit 3: Attached my latest DSDT with the fixed HPET device section.

p6t_ws_pro.zip

So I would just put in DropSSDT=yes, GeneratePStates=yes, and GenerateCStates=yes right?

Edit: Okay, so, I got that to work using the above commands in my boot.plist, but it only gives me 12 P-States. I've also discovered that if I boot with device id injection for the LPCB, the whole system stutters (audio, video, cursor, etc), and boot/restart/shutdown times increase. As soon as I switch back the the dsdt I was using before that didn't have that, the stuttering goes away, and that's the only difference between those two dsdts.

Edit 2: Alright I seem to have fixed the stuttering by carefully going over my dsdt collection and trying a different HPET device section. The one I had didn't have any IRQs in it, but the one I have now does. I'm going to keep using the CPU section for now since Chameleon is dropping a P State.

Nice to see that progress for your mobo...

When I have a little bit of time I try to help you to configure out your mobo...

anyway with my DSDT(no P/T/C-State) + Chameleon 2 RC5(699). This is my com.apple.Boot.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1680x1050x32</string>
<key>arch</key>
<string>i386</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseNvidiaROM</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>VBIOS</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>Default</string>
</dict>
</plist>

:P

Fabio

ok, my GTX 285 is dead. Before jumping on the Nvidia or ATI cards, may i know if you guys have been using GTX 4xx series. How is the card? Any over heating issues?

Thanks,

ok, my GTX 285 is dead. Before jumping on the Nvidia or ATI cards, may i know if you guys have been using GTX 4xx series. How is the card? Any over heating issues?

Thanks,

mine died too... overheated and fried itself...

moved onto Sapphire ATI HD5870 Vapour X and with 10.6.3 and its easy to set up with just a change in boot file...

Will RAID0 be available soon? Would really want to get the most out of my 2 ssd's. Also, one of my harddrives can not be mounted. It's just grayed out in the diskutil. How do i fix ;)? It looks like people are only getting 2.0 sound, if i use optical will it be 5.1 then?

@mYrN

Please use hardware raid for your ssd (couple of threads are already out there)

Please format your HDD before connecting it to the mobo to test it out, just to make sure it is not related to a hardware failure.

Please test your optical/coaxial cable in windows first to make sure the cables are ok, then in SL.

Could you please add your rig details so that we can understand what parts you have (mobo, video card, memory, ssd etc)

hi everyone,

I see most people here have either Nvidia GTX2xxx or ATI 5xxx/4xxx - could you guys please let me know if any of your have try a GTX 4xxx.

I read on the VGA section that some folks are still having issues getting max performance out of the GTX 4xxx, and some are happy/others complanining about Open GL and card freezing from time to time.

I understand that this thread if for P6T, but I am just interested to know if anyone with the same mobo has manage to have GTX 4XXX working fine (same as GTX 2xx)

Thanks for your help.

I had been running my machine for over a year with no significant issues.

Recently upgraded ram and decided to upgrade to larger hard drive too.

I imaged the OS drive to new drive, reinstalled P6TDeluxeV2Installer.pkg to new HD.

I also had to re-edit \Extra\com.apple.Boot.plist to get the boot options working (not sure why, but a quick edit, save and reboot fixed it).

Everything else seems to be working fine EXCEPT my drive icons on my desktop.

I have 3 internal SATA drives MAC, DATA, WIN7. I do not want these drives on my desktop.

In Finder-Preferences-General:

-Hard Disks is NOT checked and MAC does not appear on desktop

-External Drives is checked - when I uncheck it DATA (formated MAC OS Ext. Journaled) will disappear from the desktop

-CDs, DVDs.. is checked - when I uncheck it WIN7 (NTFS) will disappear from the desktop

Not sure why the OS thinks DATA and WIN7 are not internal Hard Drives.

My old installation (the one I imaged from the smaller HD) does not do this.

I've looked and looked and can't find a difference between the two installations. btw - the drive icons when displayed are the correct icons (not orange).

Any ideas on how to fix?

I had been running my machine for over a year with no significant issues.

Recently upgraded ram and decided to upgrade to larger hard drive too.

I imaged the OS drive to new drive, reinstalled P6TDeluxeV2Installer.pkg to new HD.

I also had to re-edit \Extra\com.apple.Boot.plist to get the boot options working (not sure why, but a quick edit, save and reboot fixed it).

Everything else seems to be working fine EXCEPT my drive icons on my desktop.

I have 3 internal SATA drives MAC, DATA, WIN7. I do not want these drives on my desktop.

In Finder-Preferences-General:

-Hard Disks is NOT checked and MAC does not appear on desktop

-External Drives is checked - when I uncheck it DATA (formated MAC OS Ext. Journaled) will disappear from the desktop

-CDs, DVDs.. is checked - when I uncheck it WIN7 (NTFS) will disappear from the desktop

Not sure why the OS thinks DATA and WIN7 are not internal Hard Drives.

My old installation (the one I imaged from the smaller HD) does not do this.

I've looked and looked and can't find a difference between the two installations. btw - the drive icons when displayed are the correct icons (not orange).

Any ideas on how to fix?

i have that in my new hd too... not bothered fixing it... didnt have it before either...

what you hve in extra???

i have that in my new hd too... not bothered fixing it... didnt have it before either...

what you hve in extra???

Here's the contents of \Extra and subdirectories

total 392

-rw-r--r-- 1 wheel 9292 Jan 11 2010 BootHelp.txt

-rw-r--r-- 1 wheel 49343 Jan 20 2010 DSDT.aml

drwxr-xr-x 6 wheel 204 Jan 19 2010 Extensions/

-rw-r--r-- 1 wheel 58202 Jan 19 2010 Extensions.bak.mkext

-rw-r--r-- 1 wheel 58202 Jan 19 2010 Extensions.mkext

drwxr-xr-x 3 wheel 102 Dec 21 2009 Themes/

drwxr-xr-x 5 wheel 170 Jan 16 2010 bin/

-r--r--rw-@ 1 staff 566 Jul 13 2010 com.apple.Boot.plist

-rw-r--r-- 1 wheel 528 Jan 16 2010 old com.apple.Boot.plist

-rw-r--r-- 1 wheel 634 Jan 16 2010 smbios.plist

./Extensions:

total 0

drwxr-xr-x 3 wheel 102 Jul 30 2009 AD2000b.kext/

drwxr-xr-x 3 wheel 102 Dec 20 2009 OpenHaltRestart.kext/

drwxr-xr-x 3 wheel 102 Jul 30 2009 OrangeIconFix.kext/

drwxr-xr-x 3 wheel 102 Nov 20 2009 fakesmc.kext/

./Themes:

total 0

drwxr-xr-x 33 wheel 1122 Dec 20 2009 Default/

./Themes/Default:

total 496

-rw-r--r-- 1 wheel 966 Jul 18 2009 background.png

-rw-r--r-- 1 wheel 10950 Jul 18 2009 boot.png

-rw-r--r-- 1 wheel 13605 Jul 18 2009 device_cdrom.png

-rw-r--r-- 1 wheel 12591 Jul 18 2009 device_ext3.png

-rw-r--r-- 1 wheel 13605 Jul 18 2009 device_fat16.png

-rw-r--r-- 1 wheel 12713 Jul 18 2009 device_fat32.png

-rw-r--r-- 1 wheel 12713 Jul 18 2009 device_generic.png

-rw-r--r-- 1 wheel 10950 Jul 18 2009 device_hfsplus.png

-rw-r--r-- 1 wheel 14905 Jul 18 2009 device_ntfs.png

-rw-r--r-- 1 wheel 268 Jul 18 2009 device_scroll_next.png

-rw-r--r-- 1 wheel 271 Jul 18 2009 device_scroll_prev.png

-rw-r--r-- 1 wheel 899 Jul 18 2009 device_selection.png

-rw-r--r-- 1 wheel 3499 Jul 18 2009 font_console.png

-rw-r--r-- 1 wheel 6244 Jul 18 2009 font_small.png

-rw-r--r-- 1 wheel 17389 Jul 18 2009 logo.png

-rw-r--r-- 1 wheel 1747 Jul 18 2009 menu_boot.png

-rw-r--r-- 1 wheel 1711 Jul 18 2009 menu_help.png

-rw-r--r-- 1 wheel 4051 Jul 18 2009 menu_ignore_caches.png

-rw-r--r-- 1 wheel 4037 Jul 18 2009 menu_ignore_caches_disabled.png

-rw-r--r-- 1 wheel 1634 Jul 18 2009 menu_memory_info.png

-rw-r--r-- 1 wheel 323 Jul 18 2009 menu_selection.png

-rw-r--r-- 1 wheel 4114 Jul 18 2009 menu_single_user.png

-rw-r--r-- 1 wheel 4100 Jul 18 2009 menu_single_user_disabled.png

-rw-r--r-- 1 wheel 4116 Jul 18 2009 menu_verbose.png

-rw-r--r-- 1 wheel 4101 Jul 18 2009 menu_verbose_disabled.png

-rw-r--r-- 1 wheel 1593 Jul 18 2009 menu_video_info.png

-rw-r--r-- 1 wheel 372 Jul 18 2009 progress_bar.png

-rw-r--r-- 1 wheel 233 Jul 18 2009 progress_bar_background.png

-rw-r--r-- 1 wheel 255 Jul 18 2009 text_scroll_next.png

-rw-r--r-- 1 wheel 252 Jul 18 2009 text_scroll_prev.png

-rw-r--r-- 1 wheel 2699 Jul 18 2009 theme.plist

./bin:

total 24

-rw-r--r-- 1 wheel 524 Jan 15 2010 com.dgobe.ethpatcher.plist

-rwxr-xr-x 1 wheel 430 Jan 15 2010 ethpatcher.sh

-rwxr-xr-x 1 wheel 632 Jan 15 2010 patchionet.sh

• 2 weeks later...

I have been playing again with VoodoHDA and boot time.

With VoodoHDA 2.62 (from google code), the boot time is only, BUT only 6 spins.

With the AppleHDA boot time is 30 spins.

Also the digital optical out works as well with VoodoHDA.

The only problem with VoodoHDA is that volume strenght is tripple weaker then with the AppleHDA, but the boottime is tripple and more faster.

Maybe Ireset can play a little with dsdt and voodohda or something simular.

Can someone fix this?

It would be very nice to have the boot time at 6 spins and volume loudness as if with AppleHDA.

• 4 weeks later...
Use dsdt auto patcher!

Thanks!

Autopatcher updates your system to the correct DSDT, or it creates the appropriate DSDT file for you?

Also how do you get the DSDT file in the appropriate folder with permissions?

Also is 50 to 60 C degrees too hot. Is there a way to help with CPU temperture?

Thanks

Thanks!

Autopatcher updates your system to the correct DSDT, or it creates the appropriate DSDT file for you?

Also how do you get the DSDT file in the appropriate folder with permissions?

Also is 50 to 60 C degrees too hot. Is there a way to help with CPU temperture?

Thanks

Too hard look into the first post?

Also in the post #4 there is the DSDT for this mobo...

Fabio

Too hard look into the first post?

Also in the post #4 there is the DSDT for this mobo...

Fabio

Thanks, downloaded the DSDT file from post #4. I can't find the appropriate method to update the DSDT file that I currently have in "Extra" folder to this one.

hey guys,

Just want to let you know that I have tried the next big cat on our P6T and it works. Anyone else try so far?

It still slow, but looks promising!! :)

hey guys,

Just want to let you know that I have tried the next big cat on our P6T and it works. Anyone else try so far?

It still slow, but looks promising!! ;)

as soon I can I will try too ;)

Guyz.. one question..

Anyone here with Asus X58 motherboard have the new i7 990x???

I need the ACPI dump please... instruction on post#3 of this tread

Fabio

Hey guys,

I am running into a peculiar issue.

This is what I did:

- Installed 10.6.3 using the prescribed method (I used the USB key method) I had to use GraphicsEnabler=n to get into the install otherwise it would stall with my GPU fan at 100%

- Once install was done, installed 10.6.6 combo update

- Installed the given .pkg (from the .iso) for the motherboard

- Ran kext utility to repair permissions

- Reboot

The computer kept stalling during bootup (few lines after DSMOS has arrived) everytime.

I tried giving arch=i386 and it booted right up. Removing the line would give me 100% fan speed.

I added GraphicsEnabler=n and installed ATY_Init.kext to get QE/CI working on my 5870.

Then I just randomly tried booting once with "-x" To my surprise, the hack booted even though I had left out arch=i386

From then on, it boots perfectly fine into 10.6.6 64 bit.

What fixed it?