ATI HD 5770

ralfhome

1,160 posts in this topic

Hi

Finally my ati 5770 works well followed guide from @Mohamed Khairy

but i cant run my system in 64 bit .

in com.apple.boot.plist kerenl flags is arch=i386 and when i change to boot in 64bit, i cant boot

only i can boot in 32bit.

when i run kext utily it said arch=i386.

How i can change to boot in 64bit?

Thanks anyway for this forum. I find solution.

just to tell what i did.

i had to do fresh install and boot from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] support, but when booting boot with verbose ( -v) and GraphicsEnabler=no and arch=x86_64; in that way it will install 64 bit kernel, and after follow guide from here.

Thanks a lot

to me card sleep good using sleep enabler but my problem is on usb controller dont work after wakeup :) need to be fixed

sorry to be lazy and not look, is your BIOS ROM already in the thread or could you post it?

I'm having no luck with sleep enabler kext.

D

Hi,

If you are using native PM then you don't need any sleepenabler. I can sleep & wake my computer without any problems. I've the sapphire hd5770, and the bios is posted here few page earlier.

Cheers.

Never needed sleep enabler before but this card wont post video on wake from sleep so I have tried it!

Previous GTX260 on the same rig was fine.

I'll look for your BIOS thanks. And i've found Mohamed's in post #709

Trauma's BIOS ROM @ post #407

Cheers

D

Never needed sleep enabler before but this card wont post video on wake from sleep so I have tried it!

Cheers

D

Hey FKA,

I'm suffering the same problem with a Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor-X Card.

I ended up using Kabyl Bootloader with Baboon Framebuffer which seems to be the onyl one working normaly except of Video after wake from Sleep Issue and bad Framerate in Geekbench.

I had the same before with Mohameds modified Bootloaders which i tried all (10 different FB)

Have no Video Signal at all using Vervet unfortunately not recognizing any connected display.

Using Baboon the System after Wake still cecognizes the display connected to DVI Port but no video. I can see that using Apple Remote Desktop.

One Strange thing is that when having connected the same display to the VGA port aswell, the system recognizes two different Displays and extends the Desktop onto the second port (with vga adaptor).

After waking from sleep i do have video on the second screen (same display, just VGA channel).

Funny thing is when i disconnect DVI which is considered the main screen and trigger Display recognition, the VGA output becomes the main screen and looses Video Signal.

So the whole thing seems to me to be Framebuffer related and not an output initialisation or recognition issue.

Unfortunately i can not use Vervet FB since it doesnt recognize any connected Display at all. And Baboon is the only one from Mohamed's offered 10, that works for me although with poor Framerate in Geekbench (around 26fps).

ATY_init never worked for me, same issue with no Video from startup, i guess because of Vervet FB.

I'm using a minimal edited DSDT from tonymacx86 for my Gigabyte X58A-UD7 rev.2 board and except of no video sleep works like a charm.

The GFX Card is a Sapphire Vapor-X HD5770

SKU# 1163-05-20R

I really would love to be able to use sleep.

I'm curious to read what you find out.

cheers

Edit:

My extracted ROM: vapor_x_hd5770.rom.zip

Cheers

D

Well using Mohamed's bootloader (Kably's gave KP when using 'UseAtiROM=Yes') and loading your BIOSs (BIOSi? :) ) at boot doesn't help.

I've got nothing in pmset log since I changed to this GPU in August, which is odd, but not sure if I can have disabled logging somehow but also maybe nothing logged because having to hard reset after each sleep attempt?!

Considering a flash of maybe sapphire BIOS to my XFX GPU. But can one of you ROM flash meisters maybe tell me of the dangers and maybe more importantly of how to recover?

I can boot from a spare card in slot0 but would know nothing about flashing to a card in slot1.

I ended up using Kabyl Bootloader with Baboon Framebuffer which seems to be the onyl one working normaly except of Video after wake from Sleep Issue and bad Framerate in Geekbench.

Odd that Vervet doesn't work for you, is you GPU BIOS up to date?

D

Well using Mohamed's bootloader (Kably's gave KP when using 'UseAtiROM=Yes') and loading your BIOSs (BIOSi? :( ) at boot doesn't help.

I've got nothing in pmset log since I changed to this GPU in August, which is odd, but not sure if I can have disabled logging somehow but also maybe nothing logged because having to hard reset after each sleep attempt?!

Considering a flash of maybe sapphire BIOS to my XFX GPU. But can one of you ROM flash meisters maybe tell me of the dangers and maybe more importantly of how to recover?

I can boot from a spare card in slot0 but would know nothing about flashing to a card in slot1.

Hi FKA

Mate I am in the same boat - no sleep -no wake

I use kabyls boot with success without AtiRom

and with newest cham RC 5 (sept)

without kabyl boot I got instant KP (fan spinning 100%)

traumas bootfile worked too excellent, as I remember.

I dont think that flashing the card will be any better , but i could be wrong

you know I flashed my Sapphire with every ROM on earth , edited the bios in bioseditor

changed vendor-ids , vcore , uvd settings etc.

At the end i came back to the stock bios of the card , that worked best and had the correct RAM-timings

if you want to try it ...the card is very forgiving , so I never had any troubles. (bioseditor 1.25 in win7 -techpowerup biosdatabase for sapphire -save your original bios with GPU-Z ) .

so the other story is that my powermanagement lacks

using msr tools i see fluctuating vcore but no multiplier changes

but lets discuss that in doods thread , may be , you can help me out there champ

best

sch8mid

i was looking at my bootlog (sudo dmesg in terminal) and I found this:

Not loading kext com.apple.kext.ATI5000Controller - not found and kextd not available in early boot.

i'm using a ga-p55a-ud4 motherboard, gigabyte "batman" hd5770, fixed DSDT from tonymacx86, chameleon rc5 with trauma's boot (and bios in /extra folder), i386 boot mode

the performances of the card are greats in all benchmark, i would only know why this message appears

thank you!

so the other story is that my powermanagement lacks

using msr tools i see fluctuating vcore but no multiplier changes

but lets discuss that in doods thread , may be , you can help me out there champ

best

sch8mid

Thanks for advice.

Decided to try old none UEFI BIOS for my MB and wake from sleep works with all injection methods. Problem is as previously reported i only get audio output from HDMI with this BIOS. Some more messing around i think.

D

Thanks for advice.

Decided to try old none UEFI BIOS for my MB and wake from sleep works with all injection methods. Problem is as previously reported i only get audio output from HDMI with this BIOS. Some more messing around i think.

D

hi mate

a solution is to use a cheap usb soundcard or dac , no more messing around with audio problems,

apple hda updates and inferiour sound , works with every mobo with USB 2.

as I am kind of an audiojunkie i use a M2tech Hiface with 64 bit Apple drivers ,

32bit/ 192 Khz instantly.

best

a

Same here. P5Q Pro, MSI Hawk R5770. No output from HDMI either

Hi, harrydeo,

I am using Asus P5Q PRO and try to change current Asus EAH5850 to MSI R5770 Hawk because it does not work in 64 bit Snow Leopard 10.6.4 yet.

Just want to make sure whether your current setup works in 64 bit Snow Leopard 10.6.4 ?

Can you tell me which bootloader and boot file you are using now ?

And how many display ports (such as DVI, HDMI, etc.) working normally ?

Thanks for your help if you can post ASAP.

Hi, harrydeo,

I am using Asus P5Q PRO and try to change current Asus EAH5850 to MSI R5770 Hawk because it does not work in 64 bit Snow Leopard 10.6.4 yet.

Just want to make sure whether your current setup works in 64 bit Snow Leopard 10.6.4 ?

Can you tell me which bootloader and boot file you are using now ?

And how many display ports (such as DVI, HDMI, etc.) working normally ?

Thanks for your help if you can post ASAP.

Hi i have 2 dvi s and 1 hdmi on my his 5770 and it fully works on 64bit (hdmi and one dvi work tho i did not try the other dvi port so i really do not know its status). My computer uptime is just over 3 weeks now and everything is perfectly fine. I used Trauma!'s posts and please do not forget to put 5770's bios in /extra/ otherwise you ll get nothing but flickering screen.

Hi i have 2 dvi s and 1 hdmi on my his 5770 and it fully works on 64bit (hdmi and one dvi work tho i did not try the other dvi port so i really do not know its status). My computer uptime is just over 3 weeks now and everything is perfectly fine. I used Trauma!'s posts and please do not forget to put 5770's bios in /extra/ otherwise you ll get nothing but flickering screen.

May I know which version of boot file working for your HIS 5770 ?

boot7, boot8, or boot9 ?

And the version of Chamelon R5 is ?

Thanks.

Can anybody who has a 5770 and can sleep and wake from sleep please post thier BIOS ROM file.

Cheers

D

@FKA

I can sleep and wake up from sleep well and I am using Kabyl's boot (4 displays). You may take a look my DSDT, based on mostly kdwag's works.

EP45-UD3R DSDT.dsl.zip

com.apple.Boot.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>3</string>
<key>GUI</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EnableC4State</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

kernel.log

Sep 30 21:57:14 Mac-Pro kernel[0]: read OCP Reg Error
Sep 30 21:57:16 Mac-Pro kernel[0]: System Sleep
Sep 30 22:54:42 Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Wake reason = UHC3
Sep 30 22:54:42 Mac-Pro kernel[0]: System Wake
Sep 30 22:54:42 Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Previous Sleep Cause: 0
Sep 30 22:54:42 Mac-Pro kernel[0]: The USB device USB Keyboard (Port 2 of Hub at 0x5d000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)
Sep 30 23:14:13 Mac-Pro kernel[0]: read OCP Reg Error
Sep 30 23:14:16 Mac-Pro kernel[0]: System Sleep
Oct  1 04:57:25 Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Wake reason = UHC3
Oct  1 04:57:25 Mac-Pro kernel[0]: System Wake
Oct  1 04:57:25 Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Previous Sleep Cause: 0
Oct  1 04:57:25 Mac-Pro kernel[0]: The USB device CompositeDevice (Port 1 of Hub at 0x5d000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)
Oct  1 05:03:51 Mac-Pro kernel[0]: read OCP Reg Error
Oct  1 05:03:54 Mac-Pro kernel[0]: System Sleep
Oct  1 17:46:25 Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Wake reason = UHC3
Oct  1 17:46:25 Mac-Pro kernel[0]: System Wake
Oct  1 17:46:25 Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Previous Sleep Cause: 0
Oct  1 17:46:25 Mac-Pro kernel[0]: The USB device USB Keyboard (Port 2 of Hub at 0x5d000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)

@FKA

I can sleep and wake up from sleep well and I am using Kabyl's boot (4 displays). You may take a look my DSDT, based on mostly kdwag's works.

EP45-UD3R DSDT.dsl.zip

Thanks,

I've had a quick look and the only real differance I can see is that you have this in you Mehtod (_WAK)

Notify (\_SB.PCI0.UHC1, Zero)
       Notify (\_SB.PCI0.UHC2, Zero)
       Notify (\_SB.PCI0.UHC3, Zero)
       Notify (\_SB.PCI0.UHC4, Zero)
       Notify (\_SB.PCI0.UHC5, Zero)
       Notify (\_SB.PCI0.UHC6, Zero)
       Notify (\_SB.PCI0.EHC1, Zero)
       Notify (\_SB.PCI0.EHC2, Zero)
       Notify (\_SB.PCI0.PEGP.GFX0, Zero)

But I have already tried adding this (well similar as my USB devices are still USB0 USB1 etc , ) and it doesn't help.

I reflashed to my motherboards standard AMI BIOS yesterday (as apposed to the UEFI BIOS.) and sleep and wake now works perfectly.

The problem I now have with the standard AMI BIOS is onboard alc888t no longer works using your patched appleHDA 1.8.7.f1. All in/ outs listed in system profiler and system preferences but no sound (hdau is still working fine.)

I took a linux codec dump last night and am going to try to patch appleHDA myself.

Appart from sleep I have a few other plus points using standard BIOS, like it's a lot more forgiving when it comes to OCing!

Shame I couldn't get sleep working with the UEFI BIOS!

D

I took a linux codec dump last night and am going to try to patch appleHDA myself.

my head hurts :D

I can not for the life of me get alc888t to work with AppleHDA and there are issues with voodooHDA.

Would love to know the differance between UEFI and standard AMi BIOS that gets the audio working and prevents GPU from waking from sleep!

May have to buy a sound card.

D

I'm thinking about buying the 5770 soon. which one should i get? sapphire vapor-x 5770 seems to have everything working right? so can you connect 4 displays at the same time with this card??

Seems most people have the sapphire but I very much doubt that brand matters.

Just be aware some 5770 models only have 720 stream processors and 700MHz core, as apposed to 800 stream processors and 850MHz core!

Dont know about all 4 displays at once, I have tested 3x display, but all 4 ports work!

D

chrishelms said:

I'm thinking about buying the 5770 soon. which one should i get? sapphire vapor-x 5770 seems to have everything working right? so can you connect 4 displays at the same time with this card??

noooooo. dont by a 5770!!! wait a a month or two and get a 6770. a 6770 can kick a 5870 in the balls!!! :(

noooooo. dont by a 5770!!! wait a a month or two and get a 6770. a 6770 can kick a 5870 in the balls!!! ;)

and then wait another 2 or 3 months before somebody comes up with a working install method !! :rolleyes:

my head hurts :wacko:

May have to buy a sound card.

D

Best option i.m.h.o. -went this way -no more headache anymore with audio

and every apple update killing my running system . And in addition you get better sound .

These 5 $ Realtek 8xxx soundchips are good for alarm/start sounds and 44,1 Khz beeping , not for serious audio.

Get an usbsoundcard with macdrivers (even a cheap one is better than this realtek {censored})

tip for audiophiles : M2Tech Hiface (firstclass Macdrivers) USB out > SPDIF DAC

(I use a RME ADI-2)

If you want to stay in the good old british tradition of manufacturing fine audio devices :

get a Musical Fidelity V-Dac @ ebay ( < 100 euros)

almost as ugly looking as my RME but excellent sound.