ATI HD 5770

ralfhome

1,160 posts in this topic

I just need to get safari working normaly like in real mac with lion 10.7.2 like smooth and you get a bump when you scroll etc.. btw even app store is hacky when scrolling so i geuss there is something missing from the system..

I read you're talking about scrolling so I think it may be your mouse problem. You may try to use Magic Track Pad.

Sorry, I might not be able to help you solve the problem.

I don't have mouse problem dude, I've logitech mx performance and just got it 2 days ago..

I'm talking about that lion new effect in every finder window or web browser etc... That bump effect you get in the sidebar both up,down or side to side.. And that's why it has to be if I'm not getting the damn effect... graphic issue.. can't bee anything else..

here is the missing effect in the finder window and safari http://piclair.com/6ez88

here is my mouse http://piclair.com/k605j

I really start to hate both lion and the damn gpu right now.. why can nothing work like it should be.

I hope someone have a solution..

Update. 120107 8.30pm

I think the problem is with iaktos L2 install dvd I think they have somehow disabled that bump effect (hack). check this video, this is my problem having white scrollbar and no bump when scrolling etc in finder or safari..

Vervet is the right frame buffer for sapphire 5770 vapor x and it works perfectly with 10.7.2 so guys my advice is to do clean install with retail dmg or downloaded one..

Anyway sapphire 5770 vapor x works with chameleon 2,1 svn r17xx with only GE=Yes Using 64bit now also.

Thanks VCH888 for display port edit patch and help.

Thx and take care

I don't have mouse problem dude, I've logitech mx performance and just got it 2 days ago..

I'm talking about that lion new effect in every finder window or web browser etc... That bump effect you get in the sidebar both up,down or side to side.. And that's why it has to be if I'm not getting the damn effect... graphic issue.. can't bee anything else..

here is the missing effect in the finder window and safari http://piclair.com/6ez88

here is my mouse http://piclair.com/k605j

I really start to hate both lion and the damn gpu right now.. why can nothing work like it should be.

I hope someone have a solution..

Update. 120107 8.30pm

I think the problem is with iaktos L2 install dvd I think they have somehow disabled that bump effect (hack). check this video, this is my problem having white scrollbar and no bump when scrolling etc in finder or safari.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoaliM5Voug

Vervet is the right frame buffer for sapphire 5770 vapor x and it works perfectly with 10.7.2 so guys my advice is to do clean install with retail dmg or downloaded one..

Anyway sapphire 5770 vapor x works with chameleon 2,1 svn r17xx with only GE=Yes Using 64bit now also.

Thanks VCH888 for display port edit patch and help.

Thx and take care

I have the same card (5770 vapor x) and it works like a charm on 10.7.2 retail without graphics enabler.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I've tried reading through this whole topic (is there a way to search just one topic?), but I think my eyes are going to explode!

I have the Gigabyte 5770 "Batmobile" That TonyMacx86 recommended. I get Kernel Panics when I overclock my i7 870 in any way. I'm running 10.6.8, and tried 10.6.7. I've even tried from clean installs. Turning off all cores except 1 helps reduce the chances of KPs. I don't have any problems with the 5450 up to 3.33GHz (default is 2.93). Most people can get this chip up to 4GHz.

Any suggestions? Anyone have a similar issue? Thank you for any help!

My System:

Mac OS X 10.6 Retail clean install, Combo update to 10.6.8.

[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.10.1 - Snow Leopard Edition with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

VoodooHDA 0.2.61.

Lnx2Mac 0.0.67 Ethernet driver.

ASUS P7P55D Pro.

Intel i7 870.

G.SKILL RipJaws Gaming Series 16GB RAM.

Boot Drive: Velociraptor 450GB HDD on SATA 3 PICe card.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all

Can someone explain the following:

Windows sees ATI 5770 at address 3000, I edit DSDT for 3000 but then PEGP GFX0 and HDAU does not show in IOREG, but if I edit for 1000 everything workes fine HDMI audio and all.

Can somone shed some light on this.

I have been struggling with this for a long time now but while adding yet another PEGP edit to the DSDT an forgetting to change the address from 1000 to 3000 all of a sudden everything workes.

MB is Abit IP35pro (PEGP,GFX0 and HDAU manually added to DSDT)

MSI ATI 5770 Hawk card HTMI,DP,DVI and S/video.

Audio is ALC888

OSX Lion 10.7.2

AppleHDA 2.1.3

Graphics enabler=No

no other audio video configs or kexts.

Regards

Hi guys. I have Sandy Bridge machine with Gigabyte HD 5770 1GB. So far I was able to install Snow Leopard but with law graphics mode (no card support). I try other methods to install Lion but I got some errors each time. My thread is here.

Anybody with the same configuration?

How to install my card in Snow Leopard?

What do I need to do to install/update to Lion?

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having problems with my

ATI Radeon EAH5770 Series.

I pulled the kext from the

Mac OS X Update for 10.6.7 and unpacked the pkg. file contained and went into System/Library/Extensions of that pkg. file and installed all the ATI kexts. Now dual monitors work but its hecka slow............

I cant play YouTube videos, play videos that are on my HD, or look at photo on my HD.

I need help I have a big project due

!

My setup is

OS X: 10.6.8

MB: Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L

CPU: Intel Pentium Dual-Core Wolfdale E6500

Ram: 4GB of DDR2

Graphics Card: ATI Radeon EAH5770

HDs

-2TB for Data

-200GB for hackintosh

Power Supply: 550W

• 4 weeks later...

I'm trying to enable HDMI Audio on my ATI Saphire Radeon HD 5450, VID 1002 | DID AA01 (from Windows)| SubSys 00AA0100. In 10.7.3 via System Info app DID AA01 is displayed as AA68 (ATI Manhattan HDMI Audio [Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series] [1002:aa68]). VoodooHDA 0.2.7.3 detects the HDMI device but does not find any output controls with it. I then applied the trick as per Slice's instructions to set the device and vendor ID in Info.plist, then create one entry for each card in IOKitPersonalities, to no avail.

I attached my VoodooHDA getdump. I am aware there are several possible approaches (hex editing ATIFramebuffer; hex editing VoodooHDA; editing DSDT accdg. to tonymac) or even a mixof them.

What I could need at this point is advice which path you think I should follow.

Thank you,

Bugs

getdump.zip

• 3 months later...

Holy God, where did you find ati7000Controller.kext ? you serious ? can you point me to a link ?

lol..since post was from 2010, me thinks he don't have it :)