ATI HD 5770

ralfhome

1,160 posts in this topic

ok

here will post guide

Thank you so much! Works GREAT... Finally! :-)

Did you only change ati.c? Can you post your latest "vervet modified" version of ati.c (and any other source files you modified)? I am trying to use a 4650 (0x10029498) as well (for my HD LCD TV)- with HDMI output; which previously worked with Motmot framebuffer- although my 4670 (0x10029490) needs Peregrine for DVI support.

I will change the framebuffer assigned to the 4650 (0x10029498) to Motmot for my own personal use.

Thank you again for all your work & support! It is such a great feeling to have everything working :-)

Edit: I just used the ati.c.txt file you posted a few days ago, I think it should work...

I've currently got an nvidia card running on 10.6.4 with the graphics update. Can I just swap in the 5770 with the required changes (boot file, rom, etc) and expect it to work? Or does this involve a reinstall of the entire OS?

Thanks!

Hello all! First off: thank you all very much for your hard work and sharing the knowledge in this thread. I fully read it from about page twentysomething when Trauma first posted boot7. Recently I bought the things in my signature and put together a sort of customac. It works quite well, except for one glitch: the OpenCL score with the Sponza ultra test is about 53 secs. Far too slow compared to other posts in this thread. Booting with aty_init instead gives the same results.

For getting the Sapphire 5770 1GB to work I installed the Chameleon RC5 trunk 513, ripped the rom/bios from the card using ATI Winflash 2.0.1.11 (file in attachment) and put the GraphicsEnabler and UseAtiROM tags in the boot plist.

Any ideas on what I can do to improve the slow Sponza score of 53 seconds? Thanks for your suggestions.

bios.rom.zip

post-610107-1284315199_thumb.png

post-610107-1284315206_thumb.png

Hi,

I followed the instructions for getting my card in 64 bit and all works great. Thanks to Mohamed Khairy for the boot file.

One small thing I'd like to resolve is that after installing Chameleon RC5 trunk-513 the boot file in root was hidden, but the new one by Mohamed Khairy is not hidden.

I'm not sure why it is visible but the previous one was not? I've read you can hide files by adding a period like .boot but I'm not sure if that would cause problems.

Thanks.

@scotthooker

1- setup 10.6.3 or 10.6

2- update to 10 10.6.4

3-setup chameleon latest installer from here

4-replace boot file with file i uploaded in page 34

5-add to boot.plist graphicsenabler and use ati.rom use chameleon perf that will be installed with installer it willl be easy to add two keys using it

5-put rom i linked above (hd5770) on extra

6- restart

7-install GFX update 1.0 from apple

8- restart now it must work

HI! I have done this but I haven´t got it.

Please help me!!! I have an ATI SAPPHIRE 512 MB DDR5, MB: ASUS P7P55D-LE.

After doing this I restart and goes into Darwin, I select my OSX partition and my screen is black, my fun works, and my mother board has done three "bips".

Always is the same with all the steps I have tried. Some idea?

I haven´t installed any kext, and any DSDT file. I have done exact the same steps that say Mohamed Khairy.

After that I have restarted with a [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] cd (from tonymacx86) and have tried to install graphics update: I have got a KP.

I don´t know what can I do!!!

Help!! :P

Thanks!

Cinebench is a very good tool to test if your HD 5770 runs perfect with OPENGL

But this benchmark scales also with the CPU and RAM renderspeed.

I attach my small database with my scores to help you to determine if all is well.

Its based on a Quad 9550 and a Sapphire with ATI reference design.

People with Core i 7 Cpus should add one or two frames to my scores beneath , because of the much faster CPU to RAM speed of the new architecture.

Dont worry if you are 2 or 3 frames below these scores , its based on a very lean configuration.

c931kxenb3m.png

I don't have a screen shot of it, but since posting that I have overclocked to 4.0ghz and I am now getting about 40fps and a 6.94 on the CPU portion of the test. Pretty amazing how well it scales with improvements in CPU performance.

Something I'm still interested to check out, has anyone ripped a XFX 5770 ROM? I looked back a few pages but only saw Sapphire ROMs. I would like to make sure I'm getting the most out of my card.

Thank you so much! Works GREAT... Finally! :-)

Did you only change ati.c? Can you post the "vervet modified" version of ati.c (and any other source files you modified)? I am trying to use a 4650 as well (for my HD LCD TV)- with HDMI output; which previously worked with Motmot framebuffer- although my 4670 needs Peregrine for DVI support.

Thank you again for all your work & support!

yes

you can edit it by your self

this is the source of ati.c

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleo...6/libsaio/ati.c

you will find your hardware id if you didnt found it just add it and write your frambuffer

HI! I have done this but I haven´t got it.

Please help me!!! I have an ATI SAPPHIRE 512 MB DDR5, MB: ASUS P7P55D-LE.

After doing this I restart and goes into Darwin, I select my OSX partition and my screen is black, my fun works, and my mother board has done three "bips".

Always is the same with all the steps I have tried. Some idea?

I haven´t installed any kext, and any DSDT file. I have done exact the same steps that say Mohamed Khairy.

After that I have restarted with a [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] cd (from tonymacx86) and have tried to install graphics update: I have got a KP.

I don´t know what can I do!!!

Help!! :)

Thanks!

i posted solution for black screen before

try other boot files with differnt frambuffer :)

Been working on trying to get my sleep function working. Installed sleepenabler lastest version but when it 'wakes' the graphics are all screwed. I can see about 15% of the screen and its all flickery and the rest is black. Is this a GPU problem or a sleep kext problem?

Any help as per usual much appreciated!

Also since i have my GPU working if anyone needs any tests run let me know x

you say that you have only three connector

and reference cards contain four

so i made bootfile two work 2dvi and display port

so can you take snabshot for graphics/displays on system profiler :)

yes just replace it :)

This is how it is showing up in the system profile. You also want to look at ioreg ?

Screen%20shot%202010-09-12%20at%2010.48.42%20AM.png

yes

you can edit it by your self

this is the source of ati.c

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleo...6/libsaio/ati.c

you will find your hardware id if you didnt found it just add it and write your frambuffer

Thank you sir, this one doesn't have any of your edits so it doesn't work with my 5770, but I used the ati.c.txt file you posted a few days ago and just made my changes.

Very much appreciated! ! !

hi guys,

i have 2x Club 3D ATI HD 5770 1GB (Crossfire)

i got Snow Leopard 10.6.4 with latest snow leopard graphices update 1.0

can someone help me, i got a problem?

i followed Mohamed Khairy tutorial..

i placed my own rom because i dont have 2x dvi port. i got dvi - hdmi - displayport (which are be showed in system profiler)

i got the newest chamelon bootloader (r515 from iFabio)

i use the VERVET boot file from Mohamed Khairy on page 34! (the MOTMOT boot file didn't work eighter.)

this is what i have working:

- i got full resolution (1920x1080x32 @60)

- i got full screen (not in chemol bootloader)

- the card's shows their right PCI-E Slot (slot-1 and slot-2 with netkas kext i got no port detection)

ok now the problem..

i boot into snow leopard with verbose mode..

the chamelon bootloader is nog fullscreen.. verbose mode 2.

then my screen flashed black.. en then its fullscreen grey.

then its full screen light blue.

then its full screen black, with something like pixels, but i can see my mouse and i can move him.

then i got the logon screen from mac :(

i log in to my account. everythings fine.

no i can use system profiler and safari. but when i got to site like insanelymac.com i don't load 100%

if i start system pref panel. the app freezes. then i forced close.

i must restart finder. all on my desktop go awey.

my dock is everthing i got now. i klik on finder and on start.

i got a error: finder.app can't be opened -10810

now i must restart mac os x :)

can someone please help me?

with the drivers from netkas i got the same. but wen i pull one card out, it runs fine!

is it something with crossfire ?

thanks,

ExoRR

hi guys,

i have 2x Club 3D ATI HD 5770 1GB (Crossfire)

i got Snow Leopard 10.6.4 with latest snow leopard graphices update 1.0

can someone help me, i got a problem?

i followed Mohamed Khairy tutorial..

i placed my own rom because i dont have 2x dvi port. i got dvi - hdmi - displayport (which are be showed in system profiler)

i got the newest chamelon bootloader (r515 from iFabio)

i use the VERVET boot file from Mohamed Khairy on page 34! (the MOTMOT boot file didn't work eighter.)

this is what i have working:

- i got full resolution (1920x1080x32 @60)

- i got full screen (not in chemol bootloader)

- the card's shows their right PCI-E Slot (slot-1 and slot-2 with netkas kext i got no port detection)

ok now the problem..

i boot into snow leopard with verbose mode..

the chamelon bootloader is nog fullscreen.. verbose mode 2.

then my screen flashed black.. en then its fullscreen grey.

then its full screen light blue.

then its full screen black, with something like pixels, but i can see my mouse and i can move him.

then i got the logon screen from mac :(

i log in to my account. everythings fine.

no i can use system profiler and safari. but when i got to site like insanelymac.com i don't load 100%

if i start system pref panel. the app freezes. then i forced close.

i must restart finder. all on my desktop go awey.

my dock is everthing i got now. i klik on finder and on start.

i got a error: finder.app can't be opened -10810

now i must restart mac os x :)

can someone please help me?

with the drivers from netkas i got the same. but wen i pull one card out, it runs fine!

is it something with crossfire ?

thanks,

ExoRR

Hi, a had the same problem (not exactly, but seems yours)...

I have two crossfired HD5850. I guess the problem is not crossfire itself, because even the presence of the two cards cause the problem (crossfire link off). After one card have been removed, the other one worked flawless. I am using boot9 and bios.rom solution. In minutes I will post the answers to may own questions. Maybe it help us to find a solution or any guru can help us.

First of all, thanks for the hard work of everyone on this thread...

I have a x58-ud4p with 3 video cards. 2 x HD5850 overclocked to 940/1200 crossfired and one nVidia 8400GS. At the moment I am using 8400GS when I boot on OSX 10.6.4 and HD5850s when I boot on Win7. I want to use my HD5850s on OSX, but I have some doubts:

1) Will the crossfire create problems, like kernel Panic?

2) Will the overclocked Bios cause some problem?

3) Will I have to disable the crossfire or it will just not work, like it is not there?

4) Will the both cards work (could I plug displays on both)?

5) Is possible to put the kexts of graphics update into extra folder. Will they load on boot? I am thinking to create a USB boot drive, to not have to mess with my setup. But, I am not sure if the will load or if they really need to be on S/L/E.

I know, too much questions at same time... But any help or advice will be really appreciated.

PS: I am planning to use boot 9 and videocard.rom

Thanks in advance

I will answer my own questions, maybe it help others or someone can help us to find a solution.

1) Not kernel panic. Sometimes I can even open system profiler, after it I have endless beach ball. Sometimes freezes on blue screen.

2) No. It doesn't cause problems. Otherwise, my benchmarks are better with overclocked GPU with overclocked bios on extra. Overclocked GPU with original bios on Extra also works, but little worse results on benchmarks.

3) I guess crossfire link is not the problem. Because with crossfire link off, the presence of the two cards are suffice to cause the problem about explained.

4) When I can see the system profile, both seems to be correctly configured. But how I said before, after I open the system profile I have endless beach ball (It aplies to other apps too - The first app opened causes the endless beach ball).

5) Not tried.

Any help is welcome. I am a bit loosed. I don't know if I need another boot file, if I need to edit my DSDT.aml. If I can't find a solution will be impossible to dual boot this computer. I believe crossfire wil not work because mac limitations, but at least can use with both card connected and better yet, with crossfire link on place. Otherwise will be impossible remove one card every time I boot on OSX and I will still using my weak 8400GS until a better solution arrives.

Thanks in advance.

I took the screenshots with an overclocked i7 @ 4Ghz and one HD 5850 @ 900 mhz gpu clock / 1200 mhz memory clock.

post-226447-1284293076_thumb.jpg

post-226447-1284293097_thumb.jpg

post-226447-1284293108_thumb.jpg

---------------------------------------

people how have black screen

must try anther frambuffer

this the vervet one

and here there are ten boot file with different frambuffer to whom have problem with ververt

vapor x not work on vervet it work on baboon

In next relase will add more cards

and make many boot files with diffrent frambuffer for HD5XXX ;)

just try and tell me what problem if occured and use of course your rom and rev513 bootfile

Salam Mohamed - Eid-Al-Fitr

Thank you for all your hard work, I have a radeon R5770 Sapphire Vapor-X which is working fine with your vervet 513 (64bit), but seeing that Baboon supposedly works with this card according to decoratiff, I tried that and - black screen revert to vervet all ok, so I am confused. I also note that Nekas advise that the MacPro 5770 us using Hoolock as default, see that is included in your framebuffer options but like Baboon black screen.

Im confused as to why decoratiff works with baboon and mine with vervet.

Tony-Singapore

Am I doing the right thing?

Installed all fine to 10.6.4.

Installed Cham 513

Copied boot to /

copied 1002_68b8.rom to /Extras

Added GraphicsEnabler Yes and UseAtiROM Yes to /Library/Preferences/SystemPrefs/com.apple.Boot.plist

Restarted

Installed GFX udate

== KP after Grey apple screen.

Reboot into -s, mount and copy vervet boot to /, repeat for others. Keep getting KP at same point.

Is it right to copy different boots to / and retry?

I have a HIS 5770 1GB

Mobo is EP45-UD3R

Which kernel panic? boot with -v

booting with -f is usefull to, also make sure you are not 32 bit

Thanks I am trying to find that out now. (trying -v)

I installed Hazard 10.6.2 ->10.6.4 Update - How do I tell if it's 32 or 64bit?

Well when I use just -v it goes too fast and my screen gets filled with all the error codes (console type error).

When I use -v -f it hangs after:

ACPI table not found: DSDT.aml

No DSDT found, using 0 as uid value.

Using PCI-Root-UID value:0

Of course I have heard a lot about DSDT but have not had to do anything with it so far.

Since I can only boot into SingleUser do I need to reinstall to do something in GUI for DSDT or is that not a problem?

Thanks I am trying to find that out now. (trying -v)

I installed Hazard 10.6.2 ->10.6.4 Update - How do I tell if it's 32 or 64bit?

Well when I use just -v it goes too fast and my screen gets filled with all the error codes (console type error).

When I use -v -f it hangs after:

ACPI table not found: DSDT.aml

No DSDT found, using 0 as uid value.

Using PCI-Root-UID value:0

Of course I have heard a lot about DSDT but have not had to do anything with it so far.

Since I can only boot into SingleUser do I need to reinstall to do something in GUI for DSDT or is that not a problem?

You are using a modified "boot" file and not the one from Chameleon trunk?

Hi,

I tested the Langur boot file Chameleon, Boot 7, Boot 8, Boot 9, with a HIS 5870 1gb the driver is working. I've put HIS 5870 rom in extra. Everything ok, except the problem when I scroll in Safari or Firefox it shows SQUARE on a part of the page, Do you have an idea ?? It's very annoying

I've snow leopard 10.6.4 with graphics update 1.0.

Thanks.

ok

here will post guide

1- install snow leopard 10.6 or 10.6.3

2- update to 10.6.4

3- install chamelon

4- replace boot file with my boot file

5-add this codes to boot.plist

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseAtiROM</key>
<string>Yes</string>

6- put rom on extra

7- restart

8-install gfx update 1.0

9- now it work

Excuse me Mohamed Khairy

I don't find gfx update 1.0, can you send me a link about this?

Been working on trying to get my sleep function working. Installed sleepenabler lastest version but when it 'wakes' the graphics are all screwed. I can see about 15% of the screen and its all flickery and the rest is black. Is this a GPU problem or a sleep kext problem?

Any help as per usual much appreciated!

Also since i have my GPU working if anyone needs any tests run let me know x

I had the exact same problem once with my 5770. It was caused by the BIOS option "Repost Video on S3 Resume". I had to disable that (set to no) for the video to come back properly after awakening.

(Look at this screenshot from the Asus P6T guide)