[HowTo] X1600/X1800 Full Support (Borisbadenov Method)

munky

710 posts in this topic

It wouldn't hurt but I don't think it will help. The Macvidia fix and the Boris/Neo patch affect different files.

I tried -v again and I think I did not notice something the first time.

I have two more errors which may be causing the problem

1. kextd[32] kld_load_from_memory() failed for module /System/.../IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/...ACPI_SML_PlatformPlugin

2. link/load error occured ...ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext

1. kextd[32] kld_load_from_memory() failed for module /System/.../IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/...ACPI_SML_PlatformPlugin

Do these new errors relate?

No, in no way! If you don't need your NV card anymore then do this what i have written in my last post!

Not sure, but as part of the Macvidia installation, did you modify the /etc/rc file? If so, maybe that is causing the problem (not really sure).

To edit the file again to remove the lines, boot up with the -s flag to get to a command prompt.

Type: /sbin/mount -uw /

Type: sudo nano /etc/rc

Delete the following lines, at the top of the file, below the lines that are commented out with #

kextload /System/Library/Extensions/NVDriver.kext

kextload /System/Library/Extensions/NVidiaHAL.kext

Alright I didnt see the last post , but I did what Neo said, removing the two files, and the system still hangs. With -v there are no new error messages, and with -x the system does not get to the black no input screen that it went to after awhile before. I will try the newest suggestion.

Not sure, but as part of the Macvidia installation, did you modify the /etc/rc file? If so, maybe that is causing the problem (not really sure).

To edit the file again to remove the lines, boot up with the -s flag to get to a command prompt.

Type: /sbin/mount -uw /

Type: sudo nano /etc/rc

Delete the following lines, at the top of the file, below the lines that are commented out with #

kextload /System/Library/Extensions/NVDriver.kext

kextload /System/Library/Extensions/NVidiaHAL.kext

I dont recall editing the /etc/rc file

When I booted up in -s and opened the file in nano, the files you recommended to delete did not exist. I searched through the file and did not find anything with NV in it. This is really confusing me, I hope there are other things we can do to fix this.

I dont recall editing the /etc/rc file

When I booted up in -s and opened the file in nano, the files you recommended to delete did not exist. I searched through the file and did not find anything with NV in it. This is really confusing me, I hope there are other things we can do to fix this.

Would reinstalling even guaruntee a working set up?

Well I went ahead and reinstalled, no use having a computer I cant get into. The install went fine, and I installed the patch from the first page of this forum. Question is, why is the resolution 1650x1080 not selectable? Also, DVI works for the apple and spinning wheel, and then displays no input. Why would a DVI-VGA adapter work while straight DVI does not, that confuses me. Anyway, help with those two questions would be great.

Well I finally have complete success. After some fiddling around , and rebooting the monitor by unplugging it, I discovered the the 2nd DVI port works perfectly in OS X. So now I have all of the QE, Q2D enhancements, and DVI out. If anybody wants to know which card I used, it is:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814241016

Good luck to anybody else who needs to upgrade!!

Oh, and thanks a lot to the two guys that helped me out, I really appreciate it.

Rowe

Oh by the way, there is no tearing in DVI... but the card did have some decent tearing through VGA.

Alright, I thnk I am the only one keeping this thread alive today , haha. But anyway so I was watching a movie on the computer which was working just fine and I had Adium open as well as iTunes. Well a few hours later, I start having a conversation on Adium while surfing the internet in Camino. Well for some reason, either due to Adium or Camino the system would freeze and I would have to manually reboot by holding the power button. I reproduced this behavoir numerous times, maybe seven or eight, and it only occured when camino and adium were open. Does that make any sense at all? Right now I am using Safari with zero problems as well. After the first restart I thought it might be a heat problem or PSU problem, but I am thinking there is some compatibility issue with my setup. Any ideas?

Hi there borisbadenov !!! First I would like to express my happyness about the great work you have been doing with this x1600 and x1800 drivers !!!

Because of that I just bought (testing just 1 more day before I have to pay) one x1600 Pro 245 MB from Power Color.

I would like to have the dual monitor too. I get the 10.4.7 jas updated. I can have the same image on my two monitors. The back of my video card has two DVI than I use the DVI to VGA converter on them. Have you try dual monitors ? What could you recomend ? Are you working on it for new driver ?

Well a get other questions.

I run the same osx86 with same HD on two different machines, one is the Mother Board Intel D915GLVG each has the 900 intel video graphics onboard, P4 3.2GHz.

And the other I get is P4 D 3.0ghz on Foxcon mother board.

Well, the Intel D915GLVA I run the Final cut pro 5.1 but when a plug the HD to the other using the x1600 pro using your driver final cut doesn't work. It gets all resolutions, get Core Image and Quartz Extreme ,

but the only software each doesn't work is Final Cut !!! Have you get any ideas !!!

I almost forgot to say, my video board Power Color Ati x1600 Pro is PCI ex slot.

Can anyone confirm that Quartz 2d is not supported? When i start Quartz Debug the Quartz 2d option is greyed out and says it's not supported.

:huh: Quartz 2d IS supported! I have activated it!

:) Quartz 2d IS supported! I have activated it!

Great news, installed mac today, migrated my stuff from my old imac hdd. Used your installer neopheus, works great, even the dash ripple effect. My card is also recognised nearly fully. Thanks for the solution boris and thanks for the easy installer neopheus.

Oh and how do you activate quartz 2d, permeantly

post-42501-1154716176_thumb.png

But that is until you reboot isnt it? Cant you enable it fully?

No, if you disable Beamsync via QuartzDebug it's until the next restart! The Q2DE is permanently!

If you want to disable Beamsync then do this.

I'm happy to see that the installer works...

Ahm and: I made a new installer! It is the 10.4.7 Update with the decrypted files and you can choose for AMD (in the installer)! If YOU want to test this, then write me a PM... :angel:

Tried this with an AGP x1600PRO 512mb and it worked.

Although I don't get Core Image or Quartz Extreme.

I can change the resolution and refresh rate, but nothing else worked.

I've installed the AGPGart kext from some thread on here, the card is recognised as an AGP card, but it only see's 256mb of memory on the card (I can live with that).

Anyone have any tips on getting QE and CI working?

Hi!

First I have to thank you all for all the infos.

I have a HIS X1800GTO (not the ICEQ3 Version) PCIe (0x710a) and everything I get is a black screen or vertical lines. Im using JAS 10.4.6 with my Pentium D 805 on a PT880 Pro/Ultra (ASROCK 775Dual-VSTA).

I tried the manual method with 10.4.5, 10.4.6 and 10.4.7 Kexts everytime with every DVI,VGA Connection. Then I tried the newest Neopheus-Installer. After that I read something about BIOS-Problems and I tried some X1800GTO and X1800XL BIOS´s I was able to find.

Now I dont know if there is anything left I could try ? Could someone with a working X1800GTO or X1800XL provide me with a BIOS or could there be another problem with my System ?

Hi, everybody!

I'm one of the lucky guys with a Apple Cinema display and a Radeon X1800XT by PowerColor (BBA).

With the AIY,Wormy set to display I get my black screen, as known because DVI.

Someone claimed that ATY,Wormy is the codename at Apple for the X1600 cards and I read somewhere in this forum that the 10.4.7 kexts support ATI X1900. Concluding to that it would be interesting if the ATINDRV.kext still has only ATI,Wormy in it. Because I only got the 10.4.7 kexts supplied by the neuphase Installer 3.2 I can't check this out.

I beleave that setting the IONameMatch in ATINDRV.kext to the correct Value could be the fix for our DVI problem.

So I'm going to play around a bit more with ATINRV.kext and if someone cound check the IONameMatch Value of the ATINDRV.kext from 10.4.7, it would be nice.

I beleave that setting the IONameMatch in ATINDRV.kext to the correct Value could be the fix for our DVI problem.

No, unless you have a kext that creates the ATY,Wormy or other name to match on, the only actual match would be 'display'.

I said sometime ago that Wormy was the name for x1600 but it seem that the term is used for the entire x1000 series. And in the 10.4.7 the Info.plist for ATINDRV remains the same.