[GUIDE] Scripted Yosemite/Mavericks Install on Gigabyte Mobos

4,696 posts in this topic

started again from scratch:

10.7.2 mac book pro + fresh external HD (guid formated) + 10.7.3 from app store.

running DD's script (1) retail DVD install then (2) boot loader installer (option1) then (3) kext/kernell installer.

-default settings, nothing changed or removed or edited-

HD back into the hackintosh (hardware in my signature) + removed my airport card before booting 1st time.

system/booting stucks/freezes every time here: "NTFS volume name , version 3.1."

before that i got a few other errors i.e. the following:

BootCacheControl. Unable to open /var/db/BootChaches/PreheatedUser/Merged.playlist: 2 No such file or directory

BootCacheControl. Unable to open /var/db/BootChaches/PreheatedUser/Login.playlist: 2 No such file or directory

did all that again: same error/same freeze...

system/booting stucks/freezes every time here: "NTFS volume name , version 3.1."

it seems to be a problem with... your graphic card :-) (once again)

http://www.osx86.net/10-6-snow-leopard/13370-ntfs-volume-name-version-3-1-after-update-10-6-7-10-6-8-a.html'>http://www.osx86.net/10-6-snow-leopard/13370-ntfs-volume-name-version-3-1-after-update-10-6-7-10-6-8-a.html

http://www.osx86.net/10-6-snow-leopard/13370-ntfs-volume-name-version-3-1-after-update-10-6-7-10-6-8-a.html

I didn't try this tools but it seems to be fantastic

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=257464&st=0

and this one too

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=255052

after downgrading ud5 bios to f12 usb boot disk method did work.

installed 10.7.3 on target HD afterwards.

then hook up target HD to macbook again and did run DD's script: bootloader + kext/kernel installer.

hooked target HD back to hackintosh. and it did boot!

running DD's script on target HD: DSDT patcher and reboot.

system starts very very slow and loads one zillion extensions/kexts but at least the system boots again.

still not sure about graphics card. GPU cinebench test is not running. system profile: NVIDIA (0x10de) VRAM: 8MB

thanks for all the help guys!

system starts very very slow and loads one zillion extensions/kexts but at least the system boots again.

still not sure about graphics card. GPU cinebench test is not running. system profile: NVIDIA (0x10de) VRAM: 8MB

thanks for all the help guys!

take a look at chameleon and use the kernel cache option

In case this helps anyone out there, I had a pretty good SL install, but when going to Lion, my ATI 5850 would cause the system to detect a ghost VGA main display. My old 9800GTX+ has no such issues. Turns out Graphics Enabler needs to be set to no, which is now standard in DD's new script but I just ported over my old .plist and in the end lost me half a day til I figured it out. So... 5800 cards + Lion + Graphics Enabler == bad.

Carry on... ;)

Well, the developer preview of Mountain Lion has been released and I'm downloading as I'm writing this, let's see if we can boot this thing... (And it begins all over again ;) ).

EDIT: well, just tried it for the first time, but as expected no success. Dvd seems to have the same structure as lion (with an installESD and basesystem.dmg). Applied the same methods we used when Lion came out (cloning basesystem.dmg to a drive, copying packages, installing chameleon and drivers). When I boot from the drive, Chameleon loads, finds 10.8 kernel, extensions load, but then computer restart (right before apple logo should come up, or the white text in -v mode)... But now i'm heading into bed ;)

Having trouble finding the right fakesmc + plugins to allow istat to see the CPU temps on my UD5. Any suggestions appreciated.

Otherwise the script is pure genius. Many thanks.

Well You can use either Version 3.1 or 4.0 of FakeSMC

I put in Extra/Extensions with the 6.54 script:

FakeSMC.kext

IntelCPUMonitor.kext

ITEIT87x.kext (4.0) or SuperIOFamily.kext (3.1)

Here is my iStat info:

:angel_not:

update:

I added RadeonX.kext (rev538) and ACPISensors.kext (v4)in Extra/Extensions and tried HMonitorv1.01 GPU sensor for HD4850 works now !

post-305243-0-09968200-1330447449_thumb.jpgpost-305243-0-39804400-1330447464_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I installed 10.7.3 (10.7.0 install + 10.7.3 update from OSX software update tool) yesterday on my GA-EX58-UD5 (Biod F12) with a Nvidia GT9500 using DD script v6.54

Everything went great, and I got a fully working Lion (sound, network, sleep) at the first try

:thumbsup_anim:

Here is my feedback and comments (in blue) to DD user guide (taken from the first post of this topic)

• Pre requisites:
    - A running 10.6.x installation
    - A new partition for 10.7
    - A dedicated drive (HDD or USB stick) for the installer.
    - And of course, a 10.7 DVD or ESD download from the app store.
  • If using a hard drive or flash drive, partition it as MBR. (GUID partitions cause the BIOS to lock up in my experience on Gigabyte boards.)
    => This will not be the final Lion installation, it is only used a temporary installer drive (might be obvious to experts, but it was not for me the first time I tried to install Lion)
    Just FYI:
    => I used an external HDD (ATA by the way) connected using USB (firewire did not work)
    => Only ~5GB of disk space was required, so a 8Gb USB stick might be enough.
  • Mount Lion ISO/DVD. If you have a ESD download from the App Store, make sure it is in the default Applications folder or place it on the Desktop.
  • From script, run Create boot disk (menu #15) and select the default Boot Disk option.
  • Select a boot drive from the list of the storage devices and create the boot disk, skipping EFI strings setup. No other steps are needed to prepare this boot drive. However, you may install a DSDT patch file, if you wish.
    => selected boot drive is the "temproary installer" one (the USB ATA drive in my case)
    => Very easy step indeed: just confirm each default choice in the Boot Disk procedure.
  • Restart and boot into new drive, "Mac OS X Base System."
  • Install Lion on drive of your choice.
  • Boot back into your current Snow Leopard system.
  • Run HackInstaller and select your Lion install drive as your target drive (menu #12).
  • Install the Chameleon v2.1-RC5 bootloader (menu #2 and bootloader selection #3).
    => Chameleon was choice #2 (instead of #3) in my case.
  • Run Kext/kernel installer (menu #3).
    => Note: There should be no SleepEnabler in the kext list
  • Double-check that the verbose flag (-v) is set in the boot plist (menu #7). This is useful for troubleshooting.
  • Install DSDT patch (menu #5).
  • => Reboot, and choose the Lion drive, boot on Lion.

At this point Lion (10.7.0) is running, sound is OK but sleep does not work (reboot at wake up)
  • => Run software update and update to 10.7.3
  • => [Optional] Reboot to Lion: You should have a working 10.7.3 but without sound nor sleep working.
  • => Reboot on Snow Leopard
  • => In the HackInstaller/10.7/misc_patches Move the SleepEnaler kext from repository to misc_patches directory
  • => Run script, select your Lion disk, and run Kext/kernel installer (menu #3)
    This time, sleep enabler should appear in the list
    Install Kexts, this will fix the sound and sleep issue.
  • => Reboot on Lion, everything should work fine.

MAJ, thanks a lot for your script and your work. :king:

• Like 1

Please give me some advices, guys.

I could not install SL on my PC, some time ago, and i think it was something about my videocard which is PNY GTX 285.

Now i want to try to install Lion OSX. Do you think i will have the same problem if i have the same videocard ?

Can you help me, please ?

Thanks a million.

PS : my specs

Gigabyte GA EX58 UD5

Intel i7 920@ 2.67GHz

6 GB DDR3

SSD OCZ Vertex 2 50 GB + WD 6400 AAKS

Creative SB X-FI Xtreme Gamer

PNY GTX 285

Please give me some advices, guys.

I could not install SL on my PC, some time ago, and i think it was something about my videocard which is PNY GTX 285.

Now i want to try to install Lion OSX. Do you think i will have the same problem if i have the same videocard ?

Can you help me, please ?

Thanks a million.

PNY GTX 285

See here

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1287801

i tried the hackinstaller script but did not get past the first screen asking for administrator password, new at doing this, tried searching the thread for 'administrator' and 'password', i don't use terminal a lot but wanted to try out a usb flash drive

i tried the hackinstaller script but did not get past the first screen asking for administrator password, new at doing this, tried searching the thread for 'administrator' and 'password', i don't use terminal a lot but wanted to try out a usb flash drive

sorry but if you start without any terminal knowledge you probably won't make it.

Here is the tip: administrator is simply your user login and password is YOUR password