[GUIDE] Scripted Yosemite/Mavericks Install on Gigabyte Mobos

4,696 posts in this topic

Update:

I see that Chimera 1.7.0 is available, but my script is not able to parse it correctly.

I'll see what's up.

I just downloaded the new 6.54 version HackInstaller script package UPDATED! - 1/4/2012 v6.54

and I have the same problem :worried_anim:

I Press 1) download new binaries and now option 3) continues to show: Chimera v1.5.4 r1394 Unknown package!

• 2 weeks later...

@digital_dreamer - awesome script!

I'm on 10.7.2 with Chameleon. My system (GA-EX58-UD5 board) seems to have a shutdown problem (thought this was fixed in the recent versions of the script). The display goes dard but the fan is still running, etc. I didn't have this problem when I was on 10.6.8. Please advise.

Also, for some reason, the system reports no Airport installed when starting from cold boot but after a restart it shows up just fine. Thoughts?

I had this problem too, it seems like it is a problem with DSDT patching process. I now use an alternative patched DSDT which fixed the problem. Search for it on the internet! Not sure why EVOreboot and similars have no effect though.

Thanks! I thought there was a bug in in the script on DSDT patching that was fixed earlier. I went ahead and used one of the DSDT from this post and it fixed my shutdown issue like a charm.

I still have an issue with Airport hardware only shows up after a restart. Weird.

d70, do you have any troubles with sleep? My DSDT works fine for it, but every lets say 2 hours fans start spinning for a minute and then stop again. Don't remember exactly where I got my DSDT from...

Sleep doesn't work. The fan keeps spinning and the computer never wakes up. I'm fine with that since I turn it on once and shut it down at the end of the day.

Hi all, apologies if this is thread-jacking, I dont mean it to be, I have asked many questions on this thread in the past and gotten much assistance. In courtesy for not running to the thread with post install problems I have tried resolving this issue elsewhere, yet the problem remains and I am off line for a couple weeks now. Loosing what little patience that I have left. Here is the thread if you want to come over and offer any help. Or, just to say it here, My UD4P stopped working and I can't get it back up again.

I have been through numerous reinstalls of SNL and ran the update patches. I have hit it lucky and been online again al the way to 10.6.8, but that was on a drive that was the backup drive and it has now crashed (literally, it fell off the computer and wont work anymore). But I have been unable to get online and I have been unable to boot once I have left 10.6.6 and gone to 10.6.8.

I need to know just what, exactly, I should have in the extras folder and what I should NOT have there. I laso need to revisit EFI and why it is there. I used an older version of DDs installer script and I think I chose something I should not have chosen. Then I tried to fix the problem by running a TonyMac script, then .. ack. I must have inadvertently added something more than once or take away what was already working... something. I apologize for not knowing better what I am doing and I hope to become better educated as a result of al this mess.

I have been running this tosh for two years now and about once a year I do something stupid and it all goes haywire, like now. If anyone can help you can either come to the other thread or I am happy to ask here. Not sure which is a better use of nettiquette but trying to keep it respectful in asking. Oh, and did I mention I am starting to feel a LOT of pain around this. OYE!! The only nest step I can think of doing is to reinstall in SNL, boot, erase the contents entirely of my extras and my Sys/Lib/Extensions, reinstall again, and see how far I can go.

I will check back in a few hours for any replies. Much thanks in advance.

http://www.insanelym...1

post-328514-0-51973600-1327690139_thumb.jpg

I think you are mixing wrong kexts version with your OS.

Try a complete new installation.

OK, I have reinstalled over and over again and probably you are right. Other than erasing that drive (Cannot afford to do that) would it hurt anything if I 1) reinstalled to base SNL, booted (I can do that much) and then trashed contents of extra folder and System/library/Extensions folder, then 2) reinstalled fresh again? Would that totally mess things up further? Or would that at least give me the clean install space so there was no more chance I was messing things up mixing kexts again?

Thanks

UPDATED: I followed advice on the other thread and got it booted. I still have no Ethernet however and I MUST fix that. I am also in the dark about what I should and should not have installed and it will NOT boot without one out of three preboot CDs running forst and "npci=0x3000" in the command line. But hey, I can now run it full GUI so .. if anyone can look at the attached picture and comment about what should or should not be there, I would greatly appreciate it.

post-328514-0-57760800-1327774729_thumb.jpg

OK, an update. I have been getting some help off list (thanks to this very kind community). Can someone please comment whether it is possible to run the DD script while booted in single user mode? My install is so messed up that is all I can do with it right now. I did learn to navigate my directories to open RUN_HACKINTOSH.command, but that gives me an Abort trap message only.

I am also using what I think is a current version of the DD script. I have one I downloaded fresh this morning, on a thumb drive. I cant get that drive mounted to use mv to make sure it's the latest script version. THen again, the question remains, can I run this DD script from SIngle user mode?

Much thanks.

Updated my GA-X58-UD5 (6Gb RAM) based system to 10.7.3 without any problems/interventions. I'm booting off 4x750Gb drives RAID 0 so I thought I'd be likely to run into problems but no - very pleased! I did test 1st on a little eSATA I had spare :)

Display resolution was wrong on 1st boot after update (on 2 x 1900x1200 monitors), now fine.

CPU (i7 920 @ 4.2Ghz) runs a bit cooler - 40-42C idle, hasn't gone over 80C under load. Previously it would go way too high (90C+).

Best of all, graphics performance is much better! Cinebench GPU test has gone from 33fps to 42 - wow! X-Plane 10 frame rate is up quite a bit too. (GTX285) There must have been a glitch somewhere on the 10.7.2 set up because no way would an 'improved' driver give such a boost. (?)

And I finally got iCloud working too! All in all a very productive evening!

As always, many thanks Maj / DD for your continuing hard work and all the other contributors to this wonderful project.

K

hello!

i have a problem... After running 10.6.x for the last two year i wanted to upgrade to 10.7.3 (from the app store).

i created USB boot disk with the script and everything went well as always but after booting from the stick, i got a black screen after some time.

does anyone have an idea what might cause this error?

i'm using

EX58-UD5 (1. st rev.) bios: F13

GTX 285 (1GB zotac)

nothing fancy...

thanks so much! I'm a little bit out of the matter to be honest, since my 10.6.x system did run so super well... :)

best regards, PBJ

I suppose your graphic card is not recognized

I have changed org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string> to No.

Experiencing the same. The system boots to some point and then black screen.

Any help is greatly appreciated. If I can't get this to work this way, I have to get out the HDs and do it on my MBP what I try to avoid...

Many thanks!

meanwhile i've decided to do the external HD installation on my MBP...

When I put the HD back in the hackintosh for booting, it got stuck at "DSMOS has arrived".

then after a few minutes: "Resetting IOCatalogue." and stuck again.

a few "errors" appear before it got stuck:

BootCacheControl. Unable to open /var/db/BootChaches/PreheatedUser/Merged.playlist: 2 No such file or directory

BootCacheControl. Unable to open /var/db/BootChaches/PreheatedUser/Login.playlist: 2 No such file or directory

(...)

AirPort: Link down on en0. REason 1 (Unspecified)

I have changed org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string> to No.

Experiencing the same. The system boots to some point and then black screen.

Any help is greatly appreciated. If I can't get this to work this way, I have to get out the HDs and do it on my MBP what I try to avoid...

Many thanks!

i have a nearly identical hw setup to you. i followed the Mac OS X 10.7 Lion Installation instructions in post 1 of this thread.

i think I had graphics enabler = no for the boot disk.

Jon

Ps 10.7.3 combo update works fine for me, had to re-patch for trim, and graphics performance.

i have a nearly identical hw setup to you. i followed the Mac OS X 10.7 Lion Installation instructions in post 1 of this thread.

i think I had graphics enabler = no for the boot disk.

Jon

Ps 10.7.3 combo update works fine for me, had to re-patch for trim, and graphics performance.

Me, too, but it didn't work. I always got a black screen after booting from the stick.

To bad the external method did not work for me, either...

The System freezes upon first booting. "DSMOS has arrived".

Can you tell me what kexts you have in system and what in extras? maybe that'll help...

thanks so much!