borisbadenov ATI X1000-series Solution

RobNyc

1,381 posts in this topic

hi,

as far as i know (i had the same notebook) no matter which version u use u will only get the boris method working on an external VGA-display connected. NOT on the internal display...no fix for this available at the moment due to the missing EFI...

cheers

sheriff

Ook... so you hade this one, you could probably help me then... After "succesfull" installation of the hottiso 10.4.6 today, i found the settings for the graphic to 1024x768... but that is my least concern at the moment...

Read

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...id=165464

I also been thinkin about reinstalling to the Jas Universal 10.4.7 , wich one did you use?

Thanks alot / Jenn

I may have an idea to get dvi to work.

After playing around with my MacBook and adding an external display via the mini-dvi to dvi adapter, I noticed that I can set which display to act as the primary display. I sold my hackintosh a week ago so I can't try this out. So if you have a working setup but are looking to get dvi work, try this for me.

1. Boot with the display connected to the vga port.

2. Edit ATINDRV.kext:

<key>IOMatchCategory</key>

<string>IOFramebuffer</string> to <string>IONDRVFramebuffer</string>

3. Delete the kextcaches & reboot.

4. Open System Preferences > Dispalys

If I remember correctly, this will give you an new option in the display preference pane for monitor expansion / mirroring. You should get something like this:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=2779

5. Select "Arrangement"

6. Try and drag the menu bar from one display to the other. (Not the actual menu bar but the representation of it in the preference pane)

7. Switch your display from the vga connector to dvi

8. Reboot.

Let me know if this works or not.

hi hanschien

i have done the change to IONDRVFramebuffer

i got the Arrangement

and i moved the menu bar to the other monitor

changed the conection to dvi port but with adapter

an rebooted

now my menu bar disapeared and i dont know how to get it back :sorcerer:

I rebuilt my system and made another try

as you can see

i made a red frame around the desktop

and this frame is around of both of my real monitors

post-22502-1155653659_thumb.jpgpost-22502-1155653758_thumb.jpg

hey guys, I need a somewhat highend gfx card wich would work with boris method. Can you suggest any? I need DVI out to work for my LCD PJ.

Thx

There are only a few with native dvi out. They are x1600 cards.

People who havent used the installer, ie done it manually. Whats your resolution for the starting up mac screen and login screen?

Hi to all,

MORE ONE SUCCESS!!

I`ve installed a new graphics card Sapphire X1600pro AGP in my system, with cool

instalation of the 10.4.6 Hotiso DVD.

is not functioned of first with only

my monitor a LG analogic LCD - L1720B with DVI to VGA adaptor, being recognized (only VGA) no has mouse teares,

and I only found mine measured in the Xbench low, was minor who

with the Power Color 9600XT that had before.

It would like to count on the aid of

the friends to resolve these problems.

EDITED: in system profiler a file ATINDRV.kext is not load, see picture 2.png

systemlog and IOREG come in file: X1600.txt

QE = Work

CI = Work

Ratation = Work

Vga output = Work

DVI Output = Work

Sleep = Dont Work (mouse keyboard or power button)

Thank`s and Sorry my poor English.

[ ]`s Guedes Jr. :)

Image of my iHack

post-43278-1156014969_thumb.png

post-43278-1156015451_thumb.png

X1600LOG.txt

There are only a few with native dvi out. They are x1600 cards.

People who havent used the installer, ie done it manually. Whats your resolution for the starting up mac screen and login screen?

Hi,

I used a installer and at boot resolution is 800x600, but system is ok, I think in add in com.apple.boot.plist a flag 1200x1024x32@75 for try it!.

Any more have a AGP cart ith AGPGart driver installed? this work fine? here with AGP dont have QE/CI or OpenGL, any ideia for resolve this?

thank for all and soory my english

guedes jr

Hi,

I used a installer and at boot resolution is 800x600, but system is ok, I think in add in com.apple.boot.plist a flag 1200x1024x32@75 for try it!.

I also used the installer and have this resolution for the login screen. I have added the graphics mode into the boot.plist, all that changed was the boot graphic apple. Is it the same for people who applied the fix manually?

I also used the installer and have this resolution for the login screen. I have added the graphics mode into the boot.plist, all that changed was the boot graphic apple. Is it the same for people who applied the fix manually?

HI,

The system works fine, but sleep dont wakeup never, i try mouse, keybord and power button and any work

you have a solucion for this?

[ ]'s guedes jr.

Yet another success :pirate2: I got myself a X1900XT (super cheap 300 euros PowerColor) and used the 3.2 installer. All works fine except Dual head out (I don't really care) and a few games don't work. Tribal Trouble gives me a flashing black screen and lock everything up, anyone got that problem?

Quake 4 is just stuning!

guys I need help! I have asus x1600pro. since yesterday was allright, no artifacts at all. I had to reinstall all and now after the boris method I got a lot of artefacts. what can I do? is there any trick? ....I don't know what's happened...

Yet another success :D I got myself a X1900XT (super cheap 300 euros PowerColor) and used the 3.2 installer. All works fine except Dual head out (I don't really care) and a few games don't work. Tribal Trouble gives me a flashing black screen and lock everything up, anyone got that problem?

Quake 4 is just stuning!

Congratulations! :)

Btw, is the dvi out working?

Hi,

This is for people who asked me for the kexts....

All I did was to follow the instructions exactly to the letter...I never try DVI output as I DO NOT have DVI monitor. My Main display is the VGA connector, I only tried the DVI connection using DVI to VGA and it works.

I´m using JaS 10.4.6 ISO and also JaS 10.4.7 Patch...With 10.4.6 I can run Quake 4, after the patch Quake 4 is no longer available to me...

Also I remove from the Boot.plist the option to boot up in higher mode than 1024*768...

So my kexts is no different than what in 10.4.6...

My intentions for this post is NOT to start anything other than suggests people to try and follow the instructions given by GURUs to the letter. If it is not working first time re-do/re-read the instructions and you´ll see that it WILL work...

Thanks

Has anybody got more than a 800x600 resolution for the login screen. I have tried adding the graphics mode to boot.plist but all it did was change the screen with the spinning graphic, it then goes back to 800x600 for the login screen. Is it just with neopheus's installer or is it also the case with the manual method.

Hi all!!! I get the 10.4.6 from myz update to 10.4.7 Jas computer P4 D 3.0 GHZ, video X1600 Pro 256MB from Power Colors Dual DVI both I put VGA adapter, I install the boris driver and it works everything including Mirror monitor but not Dual monitors and final cut 5.1 not working. Core image and Quartz Extreme is working.

I used the same Hard disk on my other computer intel 915GLVA Mother board, onboard video gm900 and final cut works! What should I do for Final cut works with the first configuration ( x1600 pro Power Color) ?

Thank's !!!!

MY X1900XT just died (don't know why, maybe crappy PowerColor product) I'll have to replace it today.

You do know that ATI makes all of the X1900-cards themselves? The only differences between cards from different "makers" is the sticker they put on the reference-cooler, and also asus uses an older bios on their XT/XTX-cards for some reason... not that it matters.

Hi

I install new JaS 10.4.7 AMD/Intel DVD with ati 1600 support. After instalation my Asus EAX1600xt TV Silent work fine QE/CI etc. but only on analog output. On DVI when GUI start i have black screen. What i can do?

Sorry foor my english.

JaS 10.4.7

AMD 3500+

Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF-9 (work: audio out, lan; not work sata/raid)

ASUS EAX1600XT SILENT w.TV out (only analog)