borisbadenov ATI X1000-series Solution

RobNyc

1,381 posts in this topic

Are you saying that if I switch to pure dvi like a tft monitor, it might create problems?

Since most people seem to have trouble getting a digital connection to their monitors with all kinds of supported graphicscards I would say the chances of getting it to work aren't looking that good.... but hey, what would I know since my TFT only support analog VGA-input :)

does anyone here with Ati card and widescreen monitor?

20" or 23", 24" ??

did all working good ?

which card do you use ?

I have same mobo w/ Pentium D 945 3.8. ATI-brand X1600 XT works like a charm. Get native resolutions thru DVI port when connected to my Dell 2405FPW (1920x1200). Looks spectacular. Got greedy and purchased an X1900 GT. Plug-and-play installation worked okay, but like most, I had to run DVI-to-VGA connector. This totally screws up the resolutions, and doesn't look nearly as crisp (obviously). The JaS 10.4.7 DVD works fine. Don't really need to download the Borisdanov 3.2 installer, but it may help depending exactly which card you choose.

Some one to try this card http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/VGA/Pr...GV-RX16T256V-RH

it have two dvi out!!

I just tried this card this weekend on JaS 10.4.7. System was originally installed without x1600 add-on and altered with Callisto 008 to work great with a Radeon 9600 Pro card. I undid/backed up the Callisto/Radeon9xxx setup, removed Radeon 9600 Pro card, and installed the GV-RX16T256V-RH.

I got the following results:

With default JaS 10.4.7 setup, works fine as VGA compatible adapter in 1024x768, QE/CI working. No changes of resolution offered in the desktop applet.

Using Neopheus 3.3 BorisBadenov installer, boots up "OK" -- per second screen shot, the adapter is recognized OK, CI/QE are supported, optimal resolution is chosen for my DFP -- but display is extremely corrupt. Machine might run a while but will hang hard -- not just at the console, but even IP connectivity (to try to reboot via SSH).

I used the uninstall script to remove Neopheus 3.3 and also tried the X1600 support installer package included as an extra on the JaS 10.4.7 DVD (which seemed like an older version Neopheus installer) and got similar corrupt displays and hard hangs.

All testing was done with DVI output, which worked fine. The only oddity was that the secondary DVI port was the one working. Also, this is on an Asus P5VD1-X motherboard, which has both an AGP slot and a PCIe 16x (although from what I understand, despite the PCIe 16x form factor, the PCIe actually runs on 4x speed). The Radeon 9600 Pro I was hoping to replace (with something with working DVI, and ideally dual DVI for use on the PC side) was an AGP card. The GV-RX16T256V-RH does work fine under XP.

post-56871-1160325379_thumb.jpg

post-56871-1160325399_thumb.jpg

I'm determined to make a widescreen resolution (1280x800 and/or 1650x1080) work with my x1600 Mobility 256MB. If anyone can help in anyway please let me know.

I got the same card (but my monitor goes only to 1280x800); I tried to manually apply the method, but I got black screen after reboot (eveng with an analog display connected to the vga port of my laptop) and had to delete my ATI* extensions...

I have an asus a6ja

I bought Asus EX1600XT silent - starts to boot and then goes to black.

Here are the last few lines that I see before it goes to black (when I boot using -v)

kextd[33]: kld_load_from_memory() failed for module /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/

Contents/MacOS/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugIn

kextd[33]: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/

kextd[40]: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleMLANAudio.kext

kextd[41]: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/AudiIPCDriver.kext

(note - hangs here for about 15-20 seconds)

kextd-parent[24]: IOKitWaitQuiet() timed out

localhost mDNSResponder-100 (Dec 25 2005 11:57:53)[50]: Starting

loalhost DirectoryService[62]: Launched version 2.1 (v353.2)

localhost /System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/MacOS/loingwindow: Login Window Application Started

(note - goes to black)

(I got this by taking a picture with digital camera and then transcribed it)

If I take out boris - I still get the link/load erors but it does not wait and hang for the "IOKitWaitQuiet () timeout"

Last two lines are

loalhost DirectoryService[60]: Launched version 2.1 (v353.2)

Intel82557: Ethernet address 00:11:11:6d:ff:cf

then it goes to the MacOSX blue screen and then to desktop real fast

Further note - after running the deinstallscript

I wanted to run the moris method manually - just in case

I noticed that the following files have disappeared

ATIRadeonX1000.kext

ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin

ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle

ATIRadeonX1000VADriver.bundle

ATINDRV.kext

I hope this helps solve any problems

They should be located in the backup folder on the root of your hdd where osx is installed.

I have the following:

Asus P5W DH

Core 2 Duo E6300

X1900XT

I've asked in other sections of the forums for help on lockups and graphics coruptions, maybe this topics users could help, anyone?

I have the exact same setup (appart from I have a e6400) and haven't had any problems using this patch. I guess manufacturers could pos be different, diff GPU BIOS etc. My card is a Connect3D X1900XT 256mb.

I'm using VGA output also, not been able to test DVI.

You could try the tweaks/patches in my sig, might make a difference with lockups, altho I've never experienced any lockups.

I have the exact same setup (appart from I have a e6400) and haven't had any problems using this patch. I guess manufacturers could pos be different, diff GPU BIOS etc. My card is a Connect3D X1900XT 256mb.

I'm using VGA output also, not been able to test DVI.

You could try the tweaks/patches in my sig, might make a difference with lockups, altho I've never experienced any lockups.

Can you tell me which install DVD you used? (I used jas 10.4.7)

Did you install on a sata or pata HD (which connection on mobo did you use?)

Did you enable/disable anything in bios? (What version bios do you have?)

hi, i just bought my ati X1600 PR 512 MB for my amd with ati's SB450 southbridge running 10.4.6 using the 10.4.5 kexts and when i use boris's method and reboot i see something trying to init (windowserver wise) then back to console but it still seemed to be loading stuff. i tried switching from VGA to dvi and my dev id 71C2 same as boris's apparently. any tips would be great thanks.

Can you tell me which install DVD you used? (I used jas 10.4.7)

Did you install on a sata or pata HD (which connection on mobo did you use?)

Did you enable/disable anything in bios? (What version bios do you have?)

I installed from goatse 10.4.6 and have since updates using JaS 10.4.7 updater :thumbsdown_anim:

My HDD is SATA, cdrom is PATA.

I am on BIOS rev.1305 atm. To install, I disabled the onboard sound (as someone on here said to do so). Then after patching the sound kext's I enabled it again :thumbsdown_anim:.

I have just read through both Boris forums, and I now have a question. Presently I'm running 1.4.6 JaS with the 1.4.7 AMD update on an Abit NV8 (PCIe only) with a Sempron 64 (SSE3 version) in it. My graphics card is a 7300GT. I want to upgrade to get QE/CI so that I can run Final Cut Pro. My monitor is a Dell 2007WFP, so I would need to be able to run a widescreen resolution and DVI would be ideal, although not essential. Based on what I am reading, there really is no magic bullet card, even the ASUS EAX Silent card has some people with problems. Am I wrong? Is there a card that just works? Sleep mode isn't important to me, nor is resolution switching honestly, but I need to be able to run FCP so QE/CI are essential. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Boris is for ATI x1600, x1800 and x1900 cards only. Sometimes DVI works and sometimes it doesn't, but will usually work with a DVI-VGA adapter. Spanning dual screens is out. Mirroring (same image on both) happens sometimes.

Macvidia ( http://macvidia.starchaser.org ) is for Nvidia cards. But this release doesn't support QE/CI.

It seems ATI may have made some hardware change or firmware change to their latest produced cards that is causing more cards to not work with Boris. There has been no fix identified if this happens.

Other ATI cards (x800, x850) have worked pretty well using Callisto drivers and the Koverg patch for QE/CI, but some mouse tearing may occur.

Ram,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yeah. I'm running the MacVidia drivers now, and they work great, except for the QE/CI issue. :) That's why I want to upgrade. Based on what I hear you saying though, it's basically hit or miss. Some x1600/1800 cards work, some don't. You pay your money and take your chances. Is that correct?

Some x1600/1800 cards work, some don't. You pay your money and take your chances. Is that correct?

A few months ago, buying an x1600/1800/1900 card and using the Boris method was a sure thing. But recently, many cards are turning up not working with Boris. It is hard to gauge how big the problem is. People who are happy, generally don't post. Only those who are unhappy, make a post. So, it looks like quite a few people recently, but it may be (probably is) a very small number who are having problems.

is the lack of spanning going to be a permanent problem, or something that could conceivably be fixed?

Why not try asking Apple for a "fix", I'm sure they would like to fix all these problems with hackintosh graphicscards and the ATI driver which is designed to work with Apple X1600 using apple graphicsbios:es :)

In other words, there's no way for us to know if this will get fixed.... ever :/

Has someone an idea to get an MSI X1600XT PCIe working? I tried the patches from JaS, NeoPheus and the borisbadenow way. Always if I copy the modified ATINDRV.kext, I get a blue screen with white gfx errors. On my GeCube AGP everything works. I'm using myzar 10.4.7.