borisbadenov ATI X1000-series Solution

RobNyc

1,381 posts in this topic

Boris you are the man!!, after trying Callisto like 10 times and trying to fix the Refresh Rate issue with my LCD. I finally gave up.

Then I tried your script and BAMM!!! it's working perfect.

AWESOME WORK!!!! YOU ARE DA MAN

ATI X800 XL VIVO AGP

ID: 554d

THANKS

Boris you are the man!!, after trying Callisto like 10 times and trying to fix the Refresh Rate issue with my LCD. I finally gave up.

Then I tried your script and BAMM!!! it's working perfect.

AWESOME WORK!!!! YOU ARE DA MAN

ATI X800 XL VIVO AGP

ID: 554d

THANKS

I call shenanigans here. You're telling me that your X800 XL, same model and ID as mine, works with an X1000 series solution, which has been reported multiple times not to work with anything else? Mind posting some screenshots?

I call shenanigans here. You're telling me that your X800 XL, same model and ID as mine, works with an X1000 series solution, which has been reported multiple times not to work with anything else? Mind posting some screenshots?

Notice it says "script". The Neo script does more than the boris method.

The NeoPheus installer: http://www.installers.dl.am/

supposedly uses some kexts from 10.4.5 as well as a 10.4.5 GL Framework. Who knows what else it does - it has never been detailed or explained.

I'm not saying that it really will fix an x800 (I have no idea), but ppan76 refers to "your script" and I am thinking he meant the Neo script.

I installed 3.2 and now i dont have artifacting but i get these jumping lines on my screen.. just where there are icons and the dalong the dock.. if u want i can take a video clip of it.. as on screen shots they dont seem to come out.

also after a while my whol screen gose blue and i cant do anything but rebooot the pc.

now i dont seem to have these jumping lines on lower resalutions..

thanks in advance

Just wondering if you guys would have any ideas as to why i get a crashing a and jumping lines over my icons and dock?

thanks

Sorry all I got confused. I am using Koverg's Patch with my X800XL

koverg-patch9700-v0.2.tgz

Nevermind figured out:

I used Igrab.. it created a tiff file..hmm didn't have option to save as jpeg.

:(

test.tiff

Sure. I downloaded boris patch and followed the instructions to the letter. Question is how do I post a picture on this forum? And what program to use to take SS. (PrintScreen??)

Command-Shift-3 takes a screen print. Command-Shift-4 gives you crosshairs to select a portion of the screen. The resulting picture will be on the desktop.

In the toolbar when you reply on this board, you will see an envelope icon. To the right of that is the picture icon.

Hey there... following this thread for a while now... Have Sapphire X1600 Pro AGP w/ 256 MB of memory on a Dell Dimension (P4 w/ Intel MoBo). Using Jas 10.4.6 plus 10.4.7 update + borisbadenov3.2... Great work! Everything works except DVI connector... a few questions:

• is it possible to change the login window resolution to the resolution of the deskop? Computer starts with lower rez during login and switches desktop to correct resolution once logged in...
  • card is seen as PCI not AGP card... Xbench 2D Graphics Speed is kind of sluggish (30something range) but still acceptable. Can this be changed with the AGPart driver from the other thread? Or should I stay with what I have which is good enough... Better than ATI 9800 Pro with mouse tearing and mouse completely broken after iPhoto slide show, for example.
  • ACPI S3 not working at all... Computer has to be hard-reset... Anybody managed to get around this?
  • slightly Off Topic: Sound works in general but some applications (most noteably Skype and GarageBand) are mute. Though they do work with USB headset...

Cheers

R

Does it get any better than this:

post-8207-1154444679_thumb.png

I finally got my x1600xt fully working with the ripple in dashboard QE CE full Resolution Switching and i have mirror...but it says not supported, but it does work if I use dvi to analog converter on the dvi. Rotation is also supported

All I did is have it updated to 10.4.6 and edit the ATINDRV.kext and replaced

"<string>ATY,Wormy</string> to this <string>display</string>"

and

<string>IONDRVDevice</string> to this <string>IOPCIDevice</string>

I tried many differnt solutions. The Neopheus installer 3.2, completely made my system unusable with artifacts, the boris method only gave me resolution and refresh switching.

By just editing the atidrv.kext file made everything function like it should. iMovie, Final Cut, and the DVD player all function like they did with the gma 900.

I found out that editing all the other files besides the atindrv seems unnessary because the acceleration works without any editing, the card just needs to be recognized to get the resolution and refresh without the tearing that you would get normally without any editing or just going into the boot.plist to lock the resolution.

here is just some updated info for you guys. If if wasnt for everyone here at osx86 I couldnt have done it ;)

barnz0432

I just read your post. I had an old asus p4c800e deluxe board that the sound was the same as what you have now. I had to plug the speakers into the line out (blue connector to get garageband to play properly)

barnz0432

barnz0432 we already knew that...

for the X1600 PRO AGP : im having exactly the same issue, that could be fixed by the AppleI386.kext but still work in progress...

For the ACPI S3 : no solution

So u r all set :D

hi,

i'm using neo 3.2 installer, and it works good but the performans is bad, aperture and final cut pro gave some artifact and they didn't properly works.

my card, sapphire ati x1600 pro agp 8x. and amd 64 3000+ sse2 cpu.

10.4.6 mac osx.

i have all the refresh rate and resolution opportunities, dvd player works fine, but my xbench interface score is 10.its too low i think. :)

Hey, I wish you luck. Best I can tell you is just look over all the settings really well. Hopefully there is not much of a difference between the XT and PRO. To be safe, delete all other ID's in the plists. I did not do it the first time and it messed it up. Let me know how it goes

I just ordered the MSI. Hopefully it works smooth. :)

Doom3, Halo, Jedi Academy, Quake 4

for the X1600 PRO AGP : im having exactly the same issue, that could be fixed by the AppleI386.kext but still work in progress...

Thanks for your reply... I just ran Xbench again for the graphics and attaching the results... This was significantly higher for my Radeon 9800 Pro / AGP. So in general, when having the "right" AppleI386.kext it should be possible to have that same performance on the X1600 Pro AGP as well?

post-8207-1154505135_thumb.png

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...CMP=OTC-B1zrat3

I got the MSI card. It works like a dream. I have an envision '19. It says 'Out of frequency when I fire up doom 3, no matter what settings I change the game to. It wont let me view the frequency while it displays that message. Any ideas?

But damn, it runs on high quality / 1024x768 CLEAN. and smooth.

Sweet card. No tearing. No {censored}. Install the card, run the software, reboot, and it just works.

UPDATE: I fixed the problem in the Doom 3 config. Set refresh rate to 75 instead of 0.

I finally got my x1600xt fully working with the ripple in dashboard QE CE full Resolution Switching and i have mirror...but it says not supported, but it does work if I use dvi to analog converter on the dvi. Rotation is also supported

You say you have "mirror"? You mean you can run mirrored dual displays? Are we to take it that you have tried extended desktop mode and that fails?

I am so happy to see so many people having success with thier ATI X16 & X1800 cards and it is great to read some of the new discoveries and all the other work going on in this area. I do not mind answering emails asking for help but in order for me to be of help, and in a timely maner, I need to have certain info about your system; which osx do you have; 10.4.4, 10.4.5, 10.4.6, 10.4.7 and who's build is it, Myzar, JaS, etc? Also, which card do you have, make, model number, etc, do you have an onboard video card and if so, did you turn it off first? How did you obtain the device ID number? Also very important, make sure you did not make any typos and be sure to have read ALL of the installation instructions first. And lastly, if you did ask for help and then got your system working, a polite word of thanks would be appreciated just so I know you are no longer stuck.

Boris

You say you have "mirror"? You mean you can run mirrored dual displays? Are we to take it that you have tried extended desktop mode and that fails?

I have a Sapphire x1600xt with one VGA and a DVI with a VGA adapter hooked up to 2 monitors and all I get is a mirrored display.

I am so happy to see so many people having success with thier ATI X16 & X1800 cards and it is great to read some of the new discoveries and all the other work going on in this area. I do not mind answering emails asking for help but in order for me to be of help, and in a timely maner, I need to have certain info about your system; which osx do you have; 10.4.4, 10.4.5, 10.4.6, 10.4.7 and who's build is it, Myzar, JaS, etc? Also, which card do you have, make, model number, etc, do you have an onboard video card and if so, did you turn it off first? How did you obtain the device ID number? Also very important, make sure you did not make any typos and be sure to have read ALL of the installation instructions first. And lastly, if you did ask for help and then got your system working, a polite word of thanks would be appreciated just so I know you are no longer stuck.

Boris

Hey borisbadenov,

Thanks heaps for this driver and all..

I have a Power Color X1600 256M AGP I had to use the Manule install But EVERYTHING sept Dual Monitor and Video Out work on my card. :D

My System

Intel Pentium 4 3.2Ghz HT Prescote

Asus P4P800S Mobo (Fully supported- Sound Tweak by seting output to 6 Channle and then selecting 3 for L and 6 for R)

1 Gig RAM (512x2 Kingston RAM)

Power Color X1600 256M AGP (Fully Supported sept Dual Monitor and Video Out. Full Res Support from 640x480@60hz to 2304x1728@60)

Sunix 3xUSB 2xFW PCI Card

Asus WiFi-b Wirless Card (Not Suppoted)

HDD1- Seagate 150 Gig SATA in a Vantec Removable HDD Caddy with Blue LCD [Mac OS x86 10.4.6]

HDD2- Seagate 250 Gig SATA in a Vantec Removable HDD Caddy with Blue LCD [Empty]

HDD3- Seagate 120 Gig IDE Internal [Docs, Apps, Music, Movies etc]

HDD4- Seagate 250 Gig IDE in a Vantec Nextstar3 Portable HDD case FW+USB2 [FCP and ProTools work]

DVD Rom (LiteOn 52x)

DVD Ram (LG d/l 52x16x4)

Bluetooth (Kesington USB 10m)

DigiDesign MBox

Keyboard- Apple Wireless Bluetooth

Mouse- Apple Wireless Bluetooth Mighty Mouse

OS

Mac OS x86 Goatsec 10.4.6 DVD

borisbadenov Method- Menule Install - with all 10.4.6 kexts