iATKOS v7 DVD 10.5.7 for Intel/AMD

uphuck

219 posts in this topic

I got this error: SWRD!! (Still Waiting for Root Device)

before that, I saw AHCI Legacy Not loadable (or something like that). Another problem I experienced was that it killed my XP installation (NTLDR missing) but since I do things in advance, I installed Boot Magic before installing this iatkos version (just re enabled and worked). Since I was new to Chameleon2 I couldn't find how to enter text mode (lol) TAB is the button but ? does not show any help (says text file missing or something)

I tried reinstalling JaS and it works so, got this crazy idea.... (Copy some of those files in Extensions to Extra folder) will this work? Mr Uphuck? (I can do it from here in XP + MacDrive)

EDIT: In your installer, it says you can install drivers etc so, does it overwrite the drivers or deletes the driver and writes freshly??? If this disc can delete last drivers and install from scratch, its really cool!

What a waste of bandwith and DVD-R... It gives me a kernel panic on 80% of the install every single time. That is not so bad, but bad thing is that messes up MBR, so I don't have any OS bootable after trying to install iAtkos.

I did not have camera to picture kernel panic output, but it was showing something about Vodoo kernel, and I know i did not selected Voodo kernel. After that I also tried with Voodo kernel selected, but it was all the same. Stuck at 80% with same kernel panic. After I gived up, I could not bot Vista and could not repair MBR, so I had to reinstall Vista. I probably wont try iAtkos again :P

What a waste of bandwith and DVD-R... It gives me a kernel panic on 80% of the install every single time. That is not so bad, but bad thing is that messes up MBR, so I don't have any OS bootable after trying to install iAtkos.

I did not have camera to picture kernel panic output, but it was showing something about Vodoo kernel, and I know i did not selected Voodo kernel. After that I also tried with Voodo kernel selected, but it was all the same. Stuck at 80% with same kernel panic. After I gived up, I could not bot Vista and could not repair MBR, so I had to reinstall Vista. I probably wont try iAtkos again :(

OK now thats how i would describe my desktop situation however in my HP laptop, this is the BEST! 

In my desktop, Chameleon 2 messed up my Boot however Chameleon 1 did not but that is something expected from RC versions right? Anyways, I installed this BootMagic software (It comes inside Partition Magic of all versions (made by PowerQuest not sure about symantec anymore) It gave me option to boot from multiple OSes incl. OSX with mouse. Once the boot is screwed by anything, your can use any DOS and restore the order (with or without new change). I did it and got my arse saved  ;)

Why on earth all drivers are NOT included in here? I still have so much space in my DVD-R and its already finalized ;) Was a rush job probably...

hey miki, would you pls read the miki mouse topic on our forum and guides for v7 since you dun have any experience on osx86 nor computer world, thanks :) and btw more hardware support but not all hardware support :( high expectations ha

at first many thanks from germany for this great work!!!

i only have a problem with the display(dual) and the resolution.

i only get 1024 x 768 with my 7800 GTX

can someone help me?

thx

install the natit.kext again and or repair permissions with ' OSX86Tools ' !

on OSX86Tool klick to ---> Repair Permissions ---> Set Extension permissions ---> Clear Extensions Cache and then ---> Run Selected Tasks; Enter your Password and reboot after it's done!

search for OSX86Tools and you'll find it !

mit ' OSX86Tool ' kannst Du die Natit.kext nochmal installieren unter ' Install Kexts ', dieses Prog setzt dann auch gleichzeitig die benötigten Rechte !

oder Du reparierst mit diesem Tool die Rechte, wie oben beschrieben !!!

good luck ! viel Glück ! :)

CooSee ' Ya

I did not have camera to picture kernel panic output, but it was showing something about Vodoo kernel, and I know i did not selected Voodo kernel. After that I also tried with Voodo kernel selected, but it was all the same. Stuck at 80% with same kernel panic. After I gived up, I could not bot Vista and could not repair MBR, so I had to reinstall Vista. I probably wont try iAtkos again :)

Try and see if it boots. It did for me too, but booted just fine. But, I would also suggest that you take uphucks advice, since he is basically the one who made iatkos. You really sound like you have no expirence with osx86, or unix really at all. :lol:

I installed iATLPS v7 to another AMD system. Though I succeeded finally, It was not straight as GA-MA78G-DS3H ( SB700 ) and required some workaround.

MB: GA-M720-US3 (NForce 720D), sata = AHCI

CPU: Phenom II X4 810

RAM: 4GB

GPU: GeForce 9500GT

I chose Voodoo 9.7.0 and the installation finished successfully.

However, it started rebooting quickly after the initial boot (not even before device recognition, I believe ).

I booted with another drive and copied Voodoo 9.6.0 onto the newly installed system, then I could finish ordinary initial configurations.

After that, I switched to 9.7.0 ( named "custom" ) and now it worked well.

Well ive tried this install well over 7 times today with some progress but no success...

At one point i was getting an odd error to the tune off

boot0: Done

boot1: Error

Changed some settings round (and removed all during some installs) and got as far as the apple screen later revealing a circle with a slash accross it...

Specs are on my sig for reference...

Please help! :( Thank you!

I just erased my primary drive by accident last night while testing this out on a secondary drive... I forgot to switch back... Smack me please haha....

Il give chammy V1 a try in the morning, i just tried xiezhy booter with the same success...

While the father of all information osx86 is on lol.... Can you recommend the options i should choose for best performance and usability?

Also any commands i can enter on bootup that may help me get through my little roadblock?

Peter R.

select 1056hda during install or do a driver-only install by booting dvd and install that. you will be able to use your injector or patcher for your sound card then.

Uphuck, turns out I'm an idiot, and the Voodoo works so well the front panel now works. Took me 5 installs to figure out. Everything works right out of the box.

Great effort from the team, loadsa kudos to you guys. I like the new TreeFrog a lot too !

Finaly I managed to install iAtkos7, but so far I can only boot into safe mode.

I have I have Gigabyte 790x-UD4P with Phenom II X2 550, 8 Gigs of DDR2 RAM, and ATI Radeon HD3850.

I selected only kernel with neccessery patches and AMD SB kext (no bootloader, no vga, network and audio kexts)

When I tried to boot it, it gave me no erros, booting would just stop at some random point.

I went to safe mode, and then install proper LAN driver (it works), and I used XxX 10.5.6 release to install HD3850 kext, since the one from this release didnt work for me.

Now I'm getting gray screen with mouse pointer on boot. I can normaly move mouse but nothing ever happens. Booting with -v doesnt stop with any error, it just goes to gray screen with mouse pointer.

I can normaly boot to safe mode, I even transfered all my data from time machine backup from previous osx install. Install even goes to sleep and wakes up normaly!

I'm confused with this, I tried all the patches and kexts combination form my hardware and this is the best I can get, dont know what I'm doing wrong?

just search over net to find the appropriate driver for your ati vga and never do an install without selecting none of the bootloaders if you are not applying driver-only install.

None of the bootloaders worked for me, that's why I didnt select any. I manualy installed chameleon v1 from safe mode and then i was able to boot my osx instal without dvd.

So you think that vga sdriver is all I need to get it working good' I have kext backup and time machine backup from my previous machine with ati hd3850, i will get it from there and juast repair permissions :)

Thanks

install the natit.kext again and or repair permissions with ' OSX86Tools ' !

on OSX86Tool klick to ---> Repair Permissions ---> Set Extension permissions ---> Clear Extensions Cache and then ---> Run Selected Tasks; Enter your Password and reboot after it's done!

search for OSX86Tools and you'll find it !

mit ' OSX86Tool ' kannst Du die Natit.kext nochmal installieren unter ' Install Kexts ', dieses Prog setzt dann auch gleichzeitig die benötigten Rechte !

oder Du reparierst mit diesem Tool die Rechte, wie oben beschrieben !!!

good luck ! viel Glück ! :)

CooSee ' Ya

THX....neu installiert und alle geht :-)

new installation and everything works

;)

ok the first problem was made by my one...

i must say the iAtkov V7 is the bests version untill now!!!

great work and again many thx for it.

Now the next problem...

I tried to install it on my Acer Inspire 5930G

The instalation is ok but after the restart i get a black screen and only hear the sound of the welcome song.

I think a problem with grafic driver?

what is the right one?

it is a nvida 9600 gt

will be fine to get an information

greats from germany

I just wanted to add my success story (x2):

Using iATKOS v7 I have been able to install on the following two computer systems:

Shuttle SX38P2

GeForce 9800GT

Shuttle SG55G5B

GeForce 8500GT

For both, I used the default config and added the following install options:

OHR

REMOVE TyMCE

EFI String (DVI/DVI for the 9800gt, DVI/VGA for the 8500gt)

System: Jmicron and Intel Sata/IDE (for both Shuttles)

Audio: VoodooHDA (On SX38p2, no audio on SG55g5b installed yet)

NTFS-3G

NETWORK: (Marvel xxx056)

Both systems boot up just fine, I'm having some problems with exiting sleep on the SG55g5b but I haven't had time to try fixes yet.

WoW won't work on the SX38P2, but I can always use my windows dual boot to play if I want.

Thanks!

Just installed. I have everything working. Including, for the first time i've been running hackintoshes, restart!

However when I select "about this mac" it restarts the GUI. I've had this working in other builds but not now. How do I get that back?

I have a problem with the installation of iAtkos v7 on my Amilo XI2528. Indeed, it can not find any hard disk (I have 2*160GB). I already installed iAtkos v4 without problem. Do you know how to resolve my problem?

You need to format your disks. Open up disk utility and wipe them, installing the MAC journaled file system.

There is no hard disk detected in disk utility too...

Well then it appears there are no kexts built into this disk that recognize your SATA/IDE controller. Maybe it was removed from this build.

Have you tried any other builds other than iatkos recently?