iATKOS v7 DVD 10.5.7 for Intel/AMD

uphuck

219 posts in this topic

I need some help guys... Im struggling...

Kalyway 1.5.4 installs perfectly but I cant update to the newest version which is not essential ofc but it was bugging me... Im fairly new to OS X and im fully making the swith over to using it.

Like I said im having trouble getting to 1.5.7 with the Kalyway Rls so I decided to take a look at iATKOS v7.

Ive formatted the single primary HDD and the pre install config reads and writes but when I continue to install I get the error... Can not verify Intel Package blaa blaa please restart.

Is there a solution for this? Im going thru the forums like a mad man trying to solve it alone... but if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated

I need some help guys... Im struggling...

Kalyway 1.5.4 installs perfectly but I cant update to the newest version which is not essential ofc but it was bugging me... Im fairly new to OS X and im fully making the swith over to using it.

Like I said im having trouble getting to 1.5.7 with the Kalyway Rls so I decided to take a look at iATKOS v7.

Ive formatted the single primary HDD and the pre install config reads and writes but when I continue to install I get the error... Can not verify Intel Package blaa blaa please restart.

Is there a solution for this? Im going thru the forums like a mad man trying to solve it alone... but if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated

Can you show us a screenshot?

I cant at the moment... as I have reinstalled the Kalyway release until I have enough information about the error..

This is what would happen anyway.

As you would... I insert the DVD Burned on Premium Media at 2.4x name iATKOSv7 which is the 10.5.7 release. I press a key to begin booting to the installation.. wait a few and im now at the Language section.

Next I reformatted to HFS+ and select drive to install data. Once at the customization screen I take a look and see if I can stop any errors occuring but everything seems ok so I procede to install...

30 or less seconds after the DVD has been verified it starts to install around the first 1% when a screen pops up with a BIG yellow caution sign saying Blaa Blaa cant intstall "Cannot Validate 10.5.7.intel please restart the installation.

I would not be bothered so much if I could update the Kalyway Version... My build is below and is currently up and running... What would you suggest?

PS Thanks for the interest

I just registered to say thanks to the iATKOS v7 team.. got 10.5.7 running on my dell vostro 200 :( ! I'm a complete newb to the osx86 scene so it took me all weekend, but in the end I got a fairly stable system. I'm running the integrated graphics, but I have a video card on order, which hopefully will be an easy install.

Hi, I was able to install iATKOS v7 but when I try to boot from HDD, the screen is frozen.

I can't make anything out of it as I am new to OSX. Attaching the screenshot. Please help me. Any workaround that I could try:

post-456706-1247465471_thumb.jpg

I have the following setup:

Mobo: P5QPL-VM EPU

CPU: Intel Q9550 core 2 Quad

2 x 2GB OCZ DDR2 ram

XFX Radeon HD4350

Sata HDD

Sata DVD Burner

It works on my Laptop Asus X55SR with:

Chameleon v1

DSDT

AppleDecrypt

x86 ACPI

Disabler

Azalia Audio Driver

Apple PS/2 Driver

Laptop Battery

shutdown/reboot works, but no build-in wifi Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG :thumbsup_anim:

Anyway big thanks!

Dev Team & Fellow Community,

This release is AMAZING! Best distro I've seen to date.

THANK YOU!

It has worked flawlessly on every machine I've tried(4PCs) except the Core i7. I have tried numerous bios configurations without any luck. When I attempt to boot the DVD, Chameleon loads and as soon as it tries to load Darwin the machine reboots. Has anyone else experienced this? the specs are as follows:

Asus P6T Deluxe

6GB Corsair Dom 1600

XFX GTX260

Seagate 1.5tb in AHCI mode

Cpus=1

HT=Disabled

C1E = diabled

Thanks,

Jake

Dev Team & Fellow Community,

This release is AMAZING! Best distro I've seen to date.

THANK YOU!

It has worked flawlessly on every machine I've tried(4PCs) except the Core i7. I have tried numerous bios configurations without any luck. When I attempt to boot the DVD, Chameleon loads and as soon as it tries to load Darwin the machine reboots. Has anyone else experienced this? the specs are as follows:

Asus P6T Deluxe

6GB Corsair Dom 1600

XFX GTX260

Seagate 1.5tb in AHCI mode

Cpus=1

HT=Disabled

C1E = diabled

Thanks,

Jake

Have you tried busratio=20 ?

I have a big problem:

After having installed it, the computer reboots normally, but then when it boots, i just see

a white " / " .

After restarting again I see a " - "

So it should be this rotating symbol, but it is frozen.

Anybody here, who can help me?

Thank you so much!

My system:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+

4GB MDT DDR2-800 Ram

Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 (with ALC888-Sound and AMD770-Chipset)

nVidia Geforce 8800 GTS

Seagate S-ATA Baracuda 250GB

Everything is working great, clean system only needed voodoohda, nvidia efi string, broadcom wireless -, AHCI- and OHR-Patch.

Gigabyte EP43-DS3L

Q9550 @ 3,2Ghz

6GB DDR2

512MB 8800GT G92

1TB Western Digital SATA-II

WLAN Belkin F5D7000 54g

Thumbs Up!

Thanks for that.

Reached this post just in time for my 3rd effort to install while reading through the thread. I'm sure I would have got there sometime soon :thumbsup_anim:

Also thumbs up for the v7 team.

I wasn't going to bother with this, except to have a look out of curiousity but I got attracted when I saw the cham2 boot screen choice menu, very elegant indeed. I am impressed.

Gigab EP45

MSI 8800GT

2.4 Q6600

acl888

Couple of Q´s

I selected nvidia efi string along with a nvdarwin kext, was that neccessary?

Though looks similar enough and everything supported as when i'm running iDeneb 10.5.6

Sound out isn't too bad, headphones, front, centre, rear all seem to work. haven't test mic input.

Spdif comes up as an option in Sound pref panel but alas no sound, normal?

If no Spdif, I think I prefer the 2 HDA kexts I have used, where I get front speakers only, plus spdif.

Also, Sleep function shuts down the computer, keyboard reboot, is that as good as it gets with v7?

Alrighty...I have heard of the infamous "kernel panic" but never ran into one myself..till now. I read through all the readme's, and the micky installation guide as well.

I therefore set as many of my BIOS settings as were available to what I was instructed to.

I also made sure that my SATA drives were hooked up right, and that my IDE DVD drive was set as master and my IDE HDD was set as slave.

I am simply trying to do a fresh new install of iAtkos v7 10.5.7. I checked my download the md5 on my iso shows that it is what it is supposed to be. Is there anyway to verify though that the CD itself is correct?

I tell it to boot to the DVD, then type in -v, then get this:

Here are my screenies:

http://img41.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=img0073e.jpg

Here are my specs:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6 Rev 1.1 Bios F6

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 ghz OC to 3.2 ghz

RAM: 4gb running at 800mhz dual channel interleaved

GFX: evga nvidia 9500 gt 512 mb

HDD: 320gb sata 7200 rpm

Sound: onboard Azalia, working 90%. Don't really know much about it.

Any ideas anyone? Any and all help is appreciated. My only idea is that the actual burning of the DVD may not have gone correctly despite the fact that I know my ISO was good. Does it matter if it is DVD + R or - R?

Thanks again!

Jim.

You might be a bit quick to shoot the messenger (the dvd) :)

Although you may well be confident that you chose as perfect an install option as possible why don't you post up your chosen install options? It's the obvious first suspect.

Hey everyone thanks a lot for all the replies I really appreciate it.

Fortunately, I also posted over at uphuck's forum and got all the answers I needed! For anyone else who has this setup, just visit this thread: http://uphuck.ggrn.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4283

Everything with my specs works PERFECTLY now. Had to do a little extra work to get iTunes authorization and Time Machine working but everything else was painless.

Thanks again everyone! Very thoroughly enjoying my $500 Mac Pro :) as my only machine / OS.

EVERYTHING working 100%

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6 Rev 1.1 Bios F6

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 ghz

RAM: 4gb running at 667mhz dual channel interleaved

GFX: evga nvidia 9500 gt 512 mb DVI / DVI

HDD: 2 320gb sata 7200 rpm, 1 200gb IDE 7200 rpm

DVD: IDE LITE-ON

Sound: onboard Azalia.

Installation: iATKOS v7 10.5.7

Awsome distributon! everything works great expcept for my audio usb card (Fast Track Pro) it glitchs all the time with any sound the computer makes, mp3, garagebnad, etc.... i tried changen usb cable, port, with m-audio drivers, without them.... it´s still glitching

any ideas for a solution?

sorry for my english, not my native language...

everything ellse works great:

Mobo: Asus M3A78-EM

CPU: AMD Phenom 9550 X4

RAM: 4GB dual channel

GFX: nvidia 9500 gt 512 mb AGP / DVI

HDD: 320gb sata 7200 rpm, - 80 gb sata 7200 rpm

DVD: Samsung SATA

Installation: iATKOS v7 10.5.7

cheers from Argentina!

Hi,

iATKOS_v7 installed without any problem. However, I have a problem with the onboard LAN RTL8110SC. I cannot activate this onboard LAN. Anyone can help?

Another thing, I use a generic LAN PCI card and my network is solved. But I couldn't use the Front Row to watch movie trailer as it says that there is probem with the network connection. However, I'm able to connect to the internet via the PCI ethernet card. Please help. Also, anyone has similar problem with Front Row application? Thanks.

I installed iDeneb1.4 in another IDE HD (on the same system). I boot up this drive and my Front Row is working with the PCI ethernet card. This is strange and the only thing I suspect is that the Front Row in iATKOS_v7 had problem. Can someone help me by opening this Front Row apps and see whether you can watch the movie trailer? Thanks.

Hello, I am about to install this on my notebook tomorrow.

I have this Dell Inspiron 1525:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T7250;

HDD: 160 GB Seagate;

GPU: Intel GMA X3100;

LAN: Marvell Yukon 88E8040;

Wi-Fi: Dell Wireless 1395;

Audio: SigmaTel STAC9288X;

Memory: 2x2 gigs G Skill Module;

Card Reader: Ricoh;

Webcam: Creative;

Modem: Conexant;

And the first question is: What do i have to check when installer prompts me?

Thanks.

Hi

I am about to attempt a iATKOS v7 / windows 7 dual boot. Anyone got any experiences with this?

System:

CPU: Intel Core i7-920

MB: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P MB

RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR (3x 2GB)

VIDEO CARD: Asus GF9600GT

DRIVES: WD (1TB ) 7200RPM/SATA 3GB/s /32MB CACHE

WD 300GB 10,000RPM Standard SATA2 VelociRaptor