iATKOS v7 DVD 10.5.7 for Intel/AMD

uphuck

219 posts in this topic

i can't install iATKOS v7 on ASUS F8P. when i install OS to boot welcome screen with apple logo. the system auto restart. how can i do ?

sorry for my english !

my system

At the darwin prompt type in "-v cpus=1" without the quotes and hit enter.

I have an F8P-X2B and I could only use one core unless I patched the BIOS.

natit will work but you may try firstly NVEnabler which is a new project, new approach for nvidia cards, you can switch one from another by doing driver-only installs after your main install with natit if you like.

i would like to get the results for other enablers like modified corevidia nvinject etc. on GTX2xx

plus, you will of course need the GT200 or GT200 EVGA package..

and for RAID, I advice software RAID on AHCI if your hardware RAID does not work, softraid works like a charm

NVenabler gave me a black screen on both DVI ports but I could Back To Mac into the machine from a Mac and About this Mac showed the correct details for the 7300GT card but it said no displays were connected!

Natit, Titan, NVkush, nvinject and NVdarwin all did not work or caused so many artefacts as to make the screen unusable.

would you write the detected vram size of your 7300gt in system profiler by booting the v7 dvd?

do a clean install with selecting all your needs at that time (not efi string), not doing several dvd boots, just to be clear.

NVEnabler is experimental as i wrote, but others should work anyway, start with natit again and go on trying others by driver-only installs (uncheck all items but the driver you choose) until success. If you want to try efi string which should also work with your 7300gt desktop card, make another clean install and only select efi string dvi/dvi from vga drivers section.

the only negative result from nvidia vga cards is yours, your 7300gt is an exception for retail 10.5.7 or you r just doing something wrong.

Guys What Options did you select for v7 iATKOS

I am Having a P4 System.

I had no Luck with iPC becoz it Gave me a com.apple.Boot.Plist error

iDeneb also did not install due to some wierd issue.

I am not giving up on this.

I really want to see Leo on my 32 inch BRAVIA.

Please Somebody help me out

My Specs are

Intel Pentium 4 Prescott 3.0Ghz SSE2,SSE3,HT supported

Intel D865GBF Motherboard ICH5

SoundMax AD1985

2x512 GB RAM DDR 400 Dual Channel MODE

D-Link DFE 538TX Lan Card(10/100Mbps)

IDE DVDROM LITE-ON Master

IDE DVDRW LITE-ON Slave

IDE 80GB SAMSUNG Hard Disk Master

Sapphire HD3650 AGP DDR2 512MB Graphics Card device ID 9596

would you write the detected vram size of your 7300gt in system profiler by booting the v7 dvd?

do a clean install with selecting all your needs at that time (not efi string), not doing several dvd boots, just to be clear.

NVEnabler is experimental as i wrote, but others should work anyway, start with natit again and go on trying others by driver-only installs (uncheck all items but the driver you choose) until success. If you want to try efi string which should also work with your 7300gt desktop card, make another clean install and only select efi string dvi/dvi from vga drivers section.

the only negative result from nvidia vga cards is yours, your 7300gt is an exception for retail 10.5.7 or you r just doing something wrong.

Thanks uphuck. I will try a clean install another time (at 10.5.8 perhaps) but for the moment I am OK with the Intel GMA900 video. This old machine is only for a bit of web browsing, email, etc., so video performance does not matter.

Nice release though. Thanks.

Hi, I'm currently running into some problems on my Compaq c714nr.

---> Current Installation Options

iATKOS

Chameleon v2

/Extra Dir

DSPT

Decypt

9.5.0 Kernal

OHR

X3100

Sata/IDE Driver

Intel Speedstep

Voodoo HDA

Voodoo PS/2

Network

Laptop Battery

After installing, the os can't get pass the loading screen ( screen with apple icon).

Am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks in advance.

Guys What Options did you select for v7 iATKOS

I am Having a P4 System.

I had no Luck with iPC becoz it Gave me a com.apple.Boot.Plist error

iDeneb also did not install due to some wierd issue.

I am not giving up on this.

I really want to see Leo on my 32 inch BRAVIA.

Please Somebody help me out

My Specs are

Intel Pentium 4 Prescott 3.0Ghz SSE2,SSE3,HT supported

Intel D865GBF Motherboard ICH5

SoundMax AD1985

2x512 GB RAM DDR 400 Dual Channel MODE

D-Link DFE 538TX Lan Card(10/100Mbps)

IDE DVDROM LITE-ON Master

IDE DVDRW LITE-ON Slave

IDE 80GB SAMSUNG Hard Disk Master

Sapphire HD3650 AGP DDR2 512MB Graphics Card device ID 9596

Chameleon 1

Voodoo 9.7 kernel

Intel SATA/IDE

ATI HD

Is there any way to install with default bootloader? I tried just deselecting all of the 3rd party bootloaders but then the system won't boot at all.

I want to do this because I'm suspecting that the 3rd party bootloaders might have something to do with my sleep not working because with Chameleon v2 sleep doesn't work even in Windows (after booting to Chameleon and then selecting Windows partition).

finally got working after a lot of tries and on a price of 500g hdd! but working great, just had to reconfigure network driver. thanks uphuck!!

and one problem i installed iAtkos v7 and windows xp on separate hard drives so when i restart i never get choice it directly connects to xp. can anyone help me with this?

finally got working after a lot of tries and on a price of 500g hdd! but working great, just had to reconfigure network driver. thanks uphuck!!

and one problem i installed iAtkos v7 and windows xp on separate hard drives so when i restart i never get choice it directly connects to xp. can anyone help me with this?

to operators: first of all i cannot get why this topic is deleted without pm'ing to me.

secondly i never post any links here, so the guy that posted a link about this release is nothing to do with me, i even warned him to change the topic so he did not and i created a new one without any links of course. thank you for your kindness!

so, just to let everyone know, iATKOS v7 is released. search it on internet if you want to get it.

thanks.

This release gets better by the moment.Finally my sound works 100% and by that i mean that now i dont have just sound by the speakers as i used to.Built in mic,headphone jack and every sound port works just fine due to Voodoo HDA.

A great release as far as i am concerned since it is the 1st one that makes everything work on my Intel laptop thus making it more "official"

Can anyone tell me what all stuff I should check ON/OFF in my sys:

P4 + GeFor6800 + 1 SATA HDD + 1 IDE HDD + 1 IDE DVD-R + ICH7 955x DELL + Boardcom 57xx???

My last attempt with different distro was a failure ;)

I also got JMicron JMB 36x PCI-e 1x card (official drivers exist so I'm OK on that one)

Any suggestions for me?

Intel Core2Duo E6550 running at 2.73GHz

Asus P5N-E SLI motherboard

EVGA 7700

tried an install without suggestions and on my own, randomly reboot in the middle of the installation process.

thanks ! (:

EDIT - actually, everything is good now.

but can anyone suggest how to get resolutions other than 1024x768?

I posted this on uphuck forum either.

I didn't succeed to install iAtkos (still waiting for root device), but i could boot iDeneb v1.4 (Base system + ICHx kext), even selecting ICHx kext.

I explored the install disk with Pacifist and i found that the ICHx KEXT destination directory was:

-

Library\Temp

instead of

-

System\Library\Extensions

The question is: can i modify the iAtkos insall disk or i need to wait for a bug fix release?

Thanks for the help :)

.A

N.B.

The kext is "AppleIntelPIIXATA2.kext"

I installed iATKOS v7 on my system, and the x3100 video card driver is very laggy. On my previous installation of iAtkos 5i, the x3100 driver worked perfectly. Does anyone else experience this same problem in this new build?

Hi guys, it is nice to hear there is finaly iAtkos distro with 10.5.7 in it.

I have one simple question about it. As you can se in my signature, I curently use iDeneb with PATA DVD drive, because (previous) iAtkos or any other distro was giving me that "still waiting..." mesage. So my simple question will be:

Is this new iAtkos comes with jMicron PATA driver included (like iDeneb v1.4) or it will give me endless wait for root device again (like previous iAtkos)?

The reason I ask this is because my Internet connection is not very fast and don't want to download only to find out that jMicron driver is missing. Board is P5Q-E with 1901 BIOS moded by juzzi with VISTA SLIC

Thanks in advance :)

I posted this on uphuck forum either.

I didn't succeed to install iAtkos (still waiting for root device), but i could boot iDeneb v1.4 (Base system + ICHx kext), even selecting ICHx kext.

I explored the install disk with Pacifist and i found that the ICHx KEXT destination directory was:

-

Library\Temp

instead of

-

System\Library\Extensions

The question is: can i modify the iAtkos insall disk or i need to wait for a bug fix release?

Thanks for the help :)

.A

N.B.

The kext is "AppleIntelPIIXATA2.kext"

i answered your post on my forum also

you need to look deeply including postinstall scripts. so they are not misplaced. after install, it takes its place under plugins of ioatafamily. isnt that driver working for you? it is edited using latest pci id database from sourceforge

your problem may not be the sata driver, even all ahci intel works fine with ahci driver of osx, that ahci driver is just for cosmetics! be careful of your package selections, be more basic at first and keep in mind, this is retail 10.5.7, you may need some patched acpi or maybe some other stuff. if dvd boots and hdd are visible then it is not the sata driver and it should work after install. if not, it is your faulty selection list.

details of your hardware before posting issues pls!

So, what iatkos v7 brings new into the scene?

did you ever think to read the info and readme of v7, or just writing to kill some time?

Hi guys, it is nice to hear there is finaly iAtkos distro with 10.5.7 in it.

I have one simple question about it. As you can se in my signature, I curently use iDeneb with PATA DVD drive, because (previous) iAtkos or any other distro was giving me that "still waiting..." mesage. So my simple question will be:

Is this new iAtkos comes with jMicron PATA driver included (like iDeneb v1.4) or it will give me endless wait for root device again (like previous iAtkos)?

The reason I ask this is because my Internet connection is not very fast and don't want to download only to find out that jMicron driver is missing. Board is P5Q-E with 1901 BIOS moded by juzzi with VISTA SLIC

Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

not the same driver with v5 and noone reported any errors on jmicron SATA/PATA on v7.