iATKOS v7 DVD 10.5.7 for Intel/AMD

uphuck

219 posts in this topic

to operators: first of all i cannot get why this topic is deleted without pm'ing to me.

secondly i never post any links here, so the guy that posted a link about this release is nothing to do with me, i even warned him to change the topic so he did not and i created a new one without any links of course. thank you for your kindness!

so, just to let everyone know, iATKOS v7 is released. go to my forum or search it on internet if you want to get it.

info:

md5 iATKOS_v7.iso > 6395be5253f53f716ed042db1dd599f3

Attention!

- This DVD is designed for Non-Apple x86 computers (PC). So, do not try to boot it on Apple Hardware!

- This DVD includes Apple's Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.7 (9J61) installation for Intel and AMD CPUs, some basic drivers and x86 patches.

- Make sure that the md5 checksum of your iATKOS iso image matches the one in md5.rtf file. Do this MD5 check just before mounting or doing anything with the iso image! Otherwise you may have a faulty DVD image. Use quality media/burner and burn slowly.

- Read the readme to have success.

- The oscar goes to Apple and OSX86 community..

Information:

- This OSX86 installation DVD release supports both GPT and MBR partitioned harddrives.

- Full retail main system like boot132 installation.

- You can update your running system using software updater just like real Macs on most PC hardware (Intel/AMD).

- You can make Clean, Upgrade (from previous versions of OS X on Intel/AMD), Refresh (renew your existing 10.5.7 installation) and driver-only installs using iATKOS v7 DVD. Upgrade/Refresh is highly successful on previous iATKOS installs and will mostly work for other installations too, read the readme for the process.

- You can make downgrade installs (from upcoming 10.5.8 system or newer on Intel/AMD) by using iATKOS v7 DVD if the new upcoming update harms your running OS X system.

- Easy installation on RAID targets with manual bootloader installers and packages.

- Enhanced hardware compatibility: various systems including ATI, SiS, VIA chipset motherboards, enhanced nVidia VGA support with universal efi string and modified enablers.

Minimum hardware requirements: x86 SSE2 CPU, 512MB RAM, 10GB free space on target partition, OpenGL VGA card.

Recommended hardware requirements: Intel Core or AMD x2 CPU, 1GB RAM, 15GB free space on target partition, nVidia GeForce 6600 or better - ATI X1300 or better - Intel GMA 950 or X3100 VGA card.

Motherboard (the most important part) should be compatible for you to boot iATKOS v7 DVD and install natively.

Please read the readme carefully before anything.

Do not post questions about your issues about this release if you did not read the readme.

in association with OSX86.Türk and OSX86.ES teams

• Like 1

Yeah also me too, I don't get it either... you never posted any links

anyways... thanks for the news & great release (still downloading, the seeding is kinda slow currently for me)

Just tried it. Got stuck very early with "Cannot validate 10.5.7 package, please restart the installer...". Not sur ewhere this comes from, md5?

I'll that later, any feedback is most welcome. Thanks all the same for this release.

How do I upgrade my iAtkos 5i to iAtkos v7 ? *Intel*

I dont want to ruin my current installed applications nor data

so can I be provided with directions to follow correctly, since I have updated before from iatkos 5i with Software Update to 10.5.7 and well not always has been good... some times a few issues... etc...

but wte i want to give 10.5.7 a try again.. but ofcourse USING iatkos v7 as an upgrade... so I'll kindly appreciate the little help on instructions for my upgrade

;)

GFOnyX, can you post your hardware details, as for feedback, thanks.

My pleasure.

AMD Desktop:

AMD A64 3000+

ASUS A8N SLi Deluxe (nForce 4 sli Chipset)

ASUS nVidia GeForce 6600GT

Intel Laptop:

HP Pavilion DV5240 EV

1.67 GHz Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor T5450 featuring Intel® Centrino® Duo processor technology

Microprocessor Cache 2 MB Level 2 cache

Memory 1024 MB (2 x 512 MB)

Video Graphics Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

Hard Drive 120 GB (5400 rpm)

Multimedia Drive Lightscribe Super Multi DVD Writer (+/-R +/-RW) with Double Layer support

Display 14.1” WXGA High Definition BrightView Widescreen Display (1280 x 800)

Wireless Connectivity Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945 802.11a/b/g Integrated Wireless LAN (that of course doesnt work yet due to lack of drivers)

If you want something more specific please ask. ;)

Uphuck; thanks !!!

Succesfull install after 1st try, applied about this mac only.

Asus T3 P5945GCX, Intel E8500,4Gb, Apple ATI HD 2600 XT, Griffin USB Snd, Linksys WMP300N Pci wireless,

WD 300 GB 10.000 rpm HD. XBench score: 196.

Tested and works like a charm...

Motherboard:

CPU Type Mobile DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo T5300, 1733 MHz (13 x 133)

Motherboard Name Compal HGL3X

Motherboard Chipset Mobile Intel Calistoga-GM i945GM

System Memory 2038 MB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)

DIMM1 1 GB DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz)

DIMM3 1 GB DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz)

BIOS Type Phoenix (05/04/07)

Communication Port Bluetooth Communications Port (COM3)

Display:

Video Adapter Mobile Intel® 945 Express Chipset Family (224 MB) == showing 64mb ==

3D Accelerator Intel GMA 950 == showing 64mb ==

Monitor C14.1" LCD]

Multimedia:

Audio Adapter Realtek ALC883 @ Intel 82801GBM ICH7-M - High Definition Audio Controller [b-0]

Storage:

IDE Controller Intel® 82801GBM/GHM (ICH7-M Family) Serial ATA Storage Controller - 27C4

Storage Controller ENE PCI Memory Stick Card Reader Controller == not tested yet === Panic if install PCMIA kext

Storage Controller ENE PCI Secure Digital / MMC Card Reader Controller == not tested yet === Panic if install PCMIA kext

Disk Drive ST9120821AS (120 GB, 5400 RPM, SATA)

Optical Drive Slimtype DVDRW SSM-8515S (DVD+R9:4x, DVD-R9:4x, DVD+RW:8x/8x, DVD-RW:8x/6x, DVD-RAM:5x, DVD-ROM:8x, CD:24x/24x/24x DVD+RW/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM)

note:

After adding smbios.plist /Extra

Install SystemProfiler_Fix_rev1_Installer.mpkg fIx your Profiler and perfect !!

Wow works great on acer 3680 wireless works! scroll with touch pad (wow) longer battery life (I now get over 2 hours) I use to get 1 hour and 25 min. Sound works and the mike input and the headphone and it switches from one to the other without me changing anything (WOW). This is the best mac disk I have ever tried.

i have a hp dv1000 that has iatkos 10.5.4 successfully on it, but for the life of me i cannot get v7 to work. Can anyone help? first after installation i got a panic. So i booted in safe mode and all i get after the apple screen is a blank blue screen that goes nowhere? any ideas or explanation for any of that?

please

thanks

Great Release! One of the best so far!

Tried in two laptops.

1) Sony Vaio CR Series

-G965 Chipset

-GMA X3100

-2gb of RAM

-4965AGN Wirelss - of course, still not working

-webcam not working

-All usb ports are good

-Vanilla kernel used

-Chameleon v2 is amazing

-VoodooPS2 with trackpad plugin - works perfectly

-I haven't tried the memory card reader, will post later.

-NIC working with RTL1000.kext

-Voodoo HDA used - works

No kernel panics so far. Tried Vanilla, voodoo 9.7.0 - all works

Amazingly, my x3100 works without checking options in the Intel driver section. I guess the GMAX3100 kext from 10.5.7 works right away. I didn't even check Intel GMA EFI String.

2) HP dv4-1125nr (not as stable as my sony)

-4gb of RAM

-4 series chipset

-As expected, GMA X4 series won't work

-HP webcam lights up, but doesn't work (will try macam later)

-Broadcom 4315 wireless works

-NIC works

-VoodooPS2 trackpad with plugin doesn't work used ApplePs2 - Trackpad mouse only works, but gives an error of not detecting synaptic something. Trackpad tapping and multitouch gestues will not work. Maybe because my trackpad is different.

-I haven't tried the memory card reader, will post later.

-Intel audio - Voodoo HDA used - works

-NIC works with RTL1000.kext

I'm having random kernel panics every time I boot up (with HP). I tried to use Voodoo 9.5.0, 9.7.0, 9.7.0 (Vanilla) all works but all had the kernel panic issue. Sometimes I have to turn it on and off for 3 times to make it finally boot up. Sometimes when I turn it on for the first time, it boots up right away. Usually 2 times. I booted up with -v -f in all scenarios. Booting up in normal mode almost panics every time, -f helped a lot. But once it booted up properly, I don't have kernel panic anymore (with all kernels tested). Could this be because I have 4GB or RAM? This system came with a 64-bit OS (Vista), tried looking at the bios and I guess it's pre-set to 64bit, no where I could find to change it to 32-bit. I don't know if that matters but I'm just letting you know.

Thanks uphuck and team! Keep up the good work.

Uphuck thank you, my amilo pi1536 works the sound, i the graph for software, but already this modified the plist i now works with graphical acceleration, The only(unique) thing that fails is to sleep. Very grateful. Sorry mi english :)

i went for the upgrade, but my Mouse(touchpad) & Keyboard are not recognized (none detectable)

i always choose x86 ACPI & it worked in the past...

Well anyways here is my Customize selection:

iAtkos V7 Main System

Chameleon V2

/extra directory

dsdt

AppleDecrypter

Smbios-Efi Air

apple smbios-27 6th rev. MacBook

9.5.0 Kernal Voodoo

x86 ACPI

Disabler

OHR

Intel > GMA 950 Laptop

Intel Speedstep

Cardbus Driver

USB

Voodoo HDA Driver

Laptop Battery

NTFS-3G

Post-Install Actions

Resetted Password & Permissions to Home Directory

Anyway I could Fix This, withought having to Format... since I am Upgrading(don't want to kill my Data)

By the way it booted perfectly fine & fast, sounds work.. and all applications open perfectly fine

I just need a fix for Keyboard & Touchpad(mouse)

I only have a USB Mouse... so I'm kinda skrewed if I need to Type anything(No USB Keyboard)

Acer Aspire 3680, T5500 Intel Core 2 Duo 1.66GHz/1.67GHz, 2GB Ram, 150GB HD, Internal Flash HD 15GB, DVD RW/DL

THNX

Hello

I have

ASUL 8N SLI

AMD X2 4600

Geforce 7900

2 GB Memory

USB Wireless Logitech Keyboard and Mouse

And after install i see only the gray apple

and does nothing :)

Any ideas how to solve this problem :(

Hello