iATKOS v7 DVD 10.5.7 for Intel/AMD

uphuck

219 posts in this topic

i went for the upgrade, but my Mouse(touchpad) & Keyboard are not recognized (none detectable)

i always choose x86 ACPI & it worked in the past...

Well anyways here is my Customize selection:

iAtkos V7 Main System

Chameleon V2

/extra directory

dsdt

AppleDecrypter

Smbios-Efi Air

apple smbios-27 6th rev. MacBook

9.5.0 Kernal Voodoo

x86 ACPI

Disabler

OHR

Intel > GMA 950 Laptop

Intel Speedstep

Cardbus Driver

USB

Voodoo HDA Driver

Laptop Battery

NTFS-3G

Post-Install Actions

Resetted Password & Permissions to Home Directory

Anyway I could Fix This, withought having to Format... since I am Upgrading(don't want to kill my Data)

By the way it booted perfectly fine & fast, sounds work.. and all applications open perfectly fine

I just need a fix for Keyboard & Touchpad(mouse)

I only have a USB Mouse... so I'm kinda skrewed if I need to Type anything(No USB Keyboard)

Acer Aspire 3680, T5500 Intel Core 2 Duo 1.66GHz/1.67GHz, 2GB Ram, 150GB HD, Internal Flash HD 15GB, DVD RW/DL

THNX

Try Install PS2FixKeyboard.pkg or voodoops2controller.pkg

Try Install PS2FixKeyboard.pkg or voodoops2controller.pkg

I'm currently replying from an ipod touch

Does the DVD have those files?

These are the one's I see in Customize:

PS/2 mouse/keyboard

-Voodoo PS/2 driver

-Voodoo PS/2 driver with Trackpad plugin

-Apple PS/2 driver

So which should I test?

Remember what worked before for me always has been only: x86 ACPI

So I have never chosen any PS/2 driver since I have never needed it before.

I do not have any OS to download & install anything over osx(cant do it there, no keyboard to type on the internet)

Okay, just checked my MD5 is correct for the zip file but not for the extracted ISO!

I tried Winrar, WinZip 12.1, can nanyone tell me what you use to extract that build?

Burn the ISO at the Slowest Speed, I'm pretty sure it will work just fine.

Assuming you downloaded the correct iAtkos v7 from TPB from Uphuck files

Text messages and Then Found Errors

keep trying it a few times, sometimes it gives KP but it will get to boot up

If not you may simply insert: cpus=1

That will take you to the apple screen, with the Rotating Loading(it should Boot or say Restart if error happens)

It all depends if you choosed the correct customize options for your Mobo, if you did something wrong that will make it never to boot.. and you will have to reinstall again

I'm currently replying from an ipod touch

Does the DVD have those files?

These are the one's I see in Customize:

PS/2 mouse/keyboard

-Voodoo PS/2 driver

-Voodoo PS/2 driver with Trackpad plugin

-Apple PS/2 driver

So which should I test?

Remember what worked before for me always has been only: x86 ACPI

So I have never chosen any PS/2 driver since I have never needed it before.

I do not have any OS to download & install anything over osx(cant do it there, no keyboard to type on the internet)

FIXED IT - I choosed Apple PS/2 Driver, and it Worked :rolleyes:

Installed. My system:

Abit IP35 (P35, ICH9R)

Core2Quad Q9550 @ 3.4 GHz

4GB DDR2-800

GTX260 896 MB

Install options:

- Chameleon 2.0

- DSDT

- AppleDecrypt

- EFI String for Nvidia DVI/DVI

- EVGA GT200 drivers

- Voodoo kernel 9.7.0

- Voodoopower

- AHCI

- Marvell 88E8056

The good:

- System Profiler works (no error on Hardware tab)

- CPU detected correctly

The bad:

- EFI string for GTX260 didn't work at all, displays went to sleep mode and when I went to check com.apple.boot.plist there was no EFI string, just "-f" in device-properties. Had to install EFI string manually.

- RAM speed detected incorrectly (667 instead of 800)

- Sleep doesn't work (won't go to sleep, fans keep spinning..had the same problem with iDeneb 10.5.6 though)

- Replacing the nice Aurora wallpaper with the fugly iAtkos wallpaper. Stop doing that, please!

- Detected as MacPro2,1. Should be 3,1?

Was hoping this'd fix my sleep issues. The IOUSBFamily would allow my machine to sleep but it won't wake up. Do I need to do some DSDT hacking to fix this or what?

Almost everything is working

Not Working:

1. Ethernet, as of past experiences upgrading from iAtkos 5i to 10.5.7 (Software Update) it has worked flawlessly with my past Kext manual adjustments. Weird with this Install it simply PCI is not detected even after manually adding it like I always do for it to work. So, Un Detected PCI Card for me

2. Weird odd Airport Issue, ok it seems inside Settings > Network I do not have Airport inside there, but in the TOP Status Bar, I do have the Icon (Ofcourse No Signal - No Airport Card Installed).... I assume I still have the icon in the Status Bar, since before upgrading with iAtkos v7 I used to have Airport Working and had it visible on Status Bar. After applying my Kext for my Wifi onboard ... again It Does Not Work Either *Simply, I do not even have an Airport option inside Network. I only see Ethernet & Bluetooth

*EDITED*

3. Battery, is kind of odd... If I start the laptop plugged in, and have it as Percent only viewed in status bar, it charges.... BUT if I unplug the battery... let it ran out till Low... then re insert the battery Plug it says *Not Charging*... I even check the percent it stays the same... left it still plugged for about 20 minutes and it still stayed the same... so Removed the plug... after 5 minutes still stayed low battery ... So Rebooted with the PLUG connected and it does charge the battery... So yeah its really weird my battery display in the status bar :) It doesn't bother me that much.. but its kind of funny

Working:

All Audio (Speaker/Headphones/Mic), Mouse(touchpad), Keyboard, DVD RW/DL, All USB Devices, Battery Display, System Info(worked as it did before, didn't had to alter it - its Perfect), 950 GMA Graphic Performance all good, Shutdown/Reboot/Sleep all working, checked again all the applications... all good working nice.

At least I used a USB Netgear WG111v2 *Wireless(it connects as an Ethernet) so that I can connect to my wireless connection.. too bad my Airport simply is non existance right now

Just incase, my Onboard Wireless is an Atheros 5005g & Eithernet is Yukon-88E8038

*NOTE* They used to work by me manually adding Kext files before on past 10.5.7 upgrades(software update from iAtkos 5i 10.5.5 to 10.5.7)... hope there is a fix later on for this awesome iAtkos v7

Hi mates;

I installed iAtkos yesterday and at the 4th time reinstallation i succeeded with the default fix that came with iAtkos v7

and never installed garphics Kext.

So now i'm stuck with 1024x768 resolution and looking for Nvidia 6800 xt graphic card Kext

The mouse and keyboard did not work at all (mine are microsot wireless) so i did installed only the mouse cause it is usb came with PS2 adapter and, at the start where Leop has to check for my keyboard i thought that it wont be recognized but as soon i hit the key beside the left shift it works flawsly.(i guess cause it is usb connection)

If someOne knows a good working kext file for nvidia please Help

Hi mates;

I installed iAtkos yesterday and at the 4th time reinstallation i succeeded with the default fix that came with iAtkos v7

and never installed garphics Kext.

So now i'm stuck with 1024x768 resolution and looking for Nvidia 6800 xt graphic card Kext

The mouse and keyboard did not work at all (mine are microsot wireless) so i did installed only the mouse cause it is usb came with PS2 adapter and, at the start where Leop has to check for my keyboard i thought that it wont be recognized but as soon i hit the key beside the left shift it works flawsly.(i guess cause it is usb connection)

If someOne knows a good working kext file for nvidia please Help

Hi,

What kext do you currently use ?

If used nvinject but then one has to change the IOProbeScore to 0 for it to work properly.

Please let me know the ouput of

cd /SystemLibrary/Extensions;ls -latr|grep -i nv

This will give the idea as to what kext/enabler you are currently using.

As for the keyboard and mouse,did you try the VoodooPS2 kext ?If not you can search for voodoops2 on google.

It enabled touchpad scroll on my laptop.

Hi aliasa_anderson

Thank you for fast reply, i have the NVinject.kext and tried to install it after leo installation as i said in previous reply

but the system did not boot (freeze). tried to install NVidiaID kext from iDeneb 10.57 update kit but no luck

what u said is realy appreciated but i have no idea where to look and what to start with

i will try now to google voodooPS2 and install it

i will reply later tho

Thank you again for your reply

You do not have to google for Voodoo PS2 driver

Hello did you read my Above post info... Its already available inside of the Customize options from iAtkos v7

:D

Just format it using iAtkos 5i... then install with iatkos v7

Thanks for the update uphuck.

Downloading v7 at present.

Will be testing this on the below config:

Core i7 - 920

Gigabyte EX58-UD5

6GB DDR3 RAM (triple Channel)

1TB - 7200.12 Segate HDD (Windows only) AHCI

750GB 7200.11 Segate HDD (OSX only) AHCI

Geforce GTX 275

F7 BIOS

Any one else have issues with Core i7? Just checking to be sure .

Also please let me know if there are custom kexts for x58 ,Realtek 889 codec with this new release.

uphuck - which enabler would you suggest for GTX 275?

Also is there any way of getting this to work on Raid using the x58 Sata raid option or is that not supported and its AHCI only for now?

natit will work but you may try firstly NVEnabler which is a new project, new approach for nvidia cards, you can switch one from another by doing driver-only installs after your main install with natit if you like.

i would like to get the results for other enablers like modified corevidia nvinject etc. on GTX2xx

plus, you will of course need the GT200 or GT200 EVGA package..

and for RAID, I advice software RAID on AHCI if your hardware RAID does not work, softraid works like a charm

Thanks for the update uphuck , will update my results soon.

By software raid , do you mean enabling RAID in the BIOS of my x58 board?

Will OSX installer recognize this raid?

Also where can i get the GT200 EVGA package for my GTX 275 (Got these at ggrn.de :))

Managed to install and boot to a working installation of iATKOS v7 on a Samsung R60+ Laptop.

I tried other distrib as well but for a problem or another I couldn't make Leopard work.

Chamaleon v2 is not working (it boots showing the apple logo then it reboots), I had to install version 1 with the Voodoo Kernel. Vanilla is not working. Or maybe I do something wrong.

It is also very important to carefully select what driver to use, one mistake and the system doesn't boot.

I'm at work now, so I'm not able to put out a the list of choices which are making the system boot correctly.

The Laptop hardware:

chipset: ATI, RS600ME SB600

proc: intel dual core

video: ati xpress 1250 (no QE of course... I'm just happy I can see a desktop here...)

audio: realtek alc 262

wifi: atheros ar5007 eg (not working yet )

lan: marvell yukon 88e8039 pci-e fast ethernet control (not working yet)

i installed sucessefully on the pc of my sign, everithing looks to work 100%

one tip for all radeon 4850 and 4870 (and maybe others too) osx 10.5.7 have some trouble ATI kexts after install is complete boot with -x (safemode) and then install the ATI drivers and reboot or you will only see graphic artefacts

another thing if you are using the same hard drive for windows and osx (partioned) dont use chameleon v2 or you will loose the boot to windows

My system:

Asus A8N-SLI Premium (nForce4 chipset)

AMD Opteron 165

ATI 4859HD Radeon

Creative Labs X-Fi Xtreme Music

I recently just got 10.5.6 up and running, so I thought I'd give this a try.

Upon doing a fresh successful install, it reboots to start the OS. I get to the grey Apple screen

eventually get the circle with a slash through it. I know in my 10.5.6 experience, that an incorrect

driver is to blame. Trying different options and still no go.

I noticed that GFOnlyX has a similar mobo and was wondering what he chose for the chipset driver.

On my 10.5.6 install, I chose the AppleNForceATATest, but I don't see it on this.

Not sure what is causing my hang...

Other question... I noticed in the readme, that you can upgrade from a previous 10.5.x version.

What are others doing here? Are you upgrading or doing a fresh install?

Any help would be great!