iATKOS v7 DVD 10.5.7 for Intel/AMD

uphuck

219 posts in this topic

Well, restored my 10.5.6 version and tried an upgrade option... I only selected ATI HD drivers and the voodoo 9.5.0 kernal... the installation failed as following, per the log:

localhost payload Extractor[181]: BomFileError 1: Operation not permitted - /Volumes/disk0s2//System/Library/CoreServices/boot.efi

[181]: Error extracting archive

[181]: pkgExtractor exited with error 1 while processing package '/System/Installation/Packages/10.5.7.Intel.pkg'

Osinstaller[140]: Install failed: The installer could not install some files in "/Volumes/disk0s2". Contact...

Any ideas what this means?

uphuck and iAtkos team, thanks for your great efforts..

succesfully installed v7 on an external hd after a few tries..

my system and configuration;

lenovo thinkpad r61i

core2duo 1.6, 4 gb ram

chameleon v2 bootloader

intelmobile gm965 (working with 'default' options, didn't select driver)

broadcom bcm5787m gigabit ethernet (working with driver)

conexant hd audio (working with voodoo driver)

intel pro wireless 3945 (installed iwi3945 but not working)

keyboard (working with ApplePS2Controller driver)

trackpoint (working)

trackpad (not working properly)

i was using d-link usb wireless adapter with ideneb 10.5.5 but not working at this time.. i don't know why..

uphuck, ellerinize saglik, tesekkürler :)

Uphuck or anyone that can help me, please feel free.

I have a dv1000 that has iatkos 10.5.4 on it now, runs great

ive downloaded v7 and tried it many times to no avail, ive gotten a kernel panic after installation or gotten stuck at the blue screen after the apple screen.

the disk tells me i have GMA 945 intel display

CPU: T1350

2 gig memory...dont know what else to put

got intel 3945 wireless card and pro 100/ve card but i already know the deal with those.

Please, Please help if you can.

THANKS

managed to installed (successfully) a few times on my hp dv4 (the welcome video is so loud!). but cannot shutdown/restart properly. didnt detect my keyboard and trackpad until i select ApplePS2 or VoodooPS2.

these are my specs

intel core2 2.53GHz

4GB RAM

Nvidia G105M

RTL8168C/8111C network card

intel link 5100 agn wireless (not working because no kext yet...)

running vista on another partition

thanks for the hard work

Uphuck plZz read page #2 and read my Post after installing...

Just check it out... to see if you have any ideas how to fix my issues

Especially the wierd Battery (Not charging word when plugged in on StatusBar) & Airport (Non Existant inside Network, and eliminating it from my Status Top Bar)

The printscreens, so that you can have a look of the weirdness

Plugged in Battery: http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/8094/no...gingplugged.jpg

Airport None Existant: http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/6077/noairport.jpg

*NOTE* I have not added any manual kext for these, they are from my selection of iAtkos v7 Upgrade from iAtkos 5i(10.5.5)

Thanx, all though of that 10.5.7 runs smoothly fine

No boot with my Pentium 4 HT 3Ghz.

I'll try an upgrade from a previous version.

I'm quoting myself, I figured out my problem.

Chameleon 2 made the computer reboot everytime, version 1 works ok.

And the Finder Preferences crashes when using another language instead of english.

Works for me. Using it right now, gonna test it after I get it all working. Couple of small problems, easy to fix though.

VoodooHDA does not work for me. It does, but sound is all muffled, and static. Simple fix by using Azaila audio instead.

This one was odd, but the voodoo 9.5.0 kernel did not work for me, however 9.7.0 works fine for me.

Hi there,

i am a newbie, i tried to install iatkos 10.5.7... i followed all instructions, but nothing happend, after every option i choosed in first boot stage, computer restarts itself.

CPU: Intel Q9660

RAM: 4GB 1066Mhz

Mobo: Asus P5Q-VM

1st HDD - WD Velociraptor

2nd HDD - Seagate Barracuda

i have no graphic card, i use onboard graphic card.

Some solutions?

Thanx

I cant boot this DVD (I cant boot any other also ;) -with others I get still waiting for root device error)

I have Gigabyte 790x-UD4P with Phenom II X2 550 and 8 Gigs of DDR2 RAM.

When I try booting I get to the black screen with ''lollipop'' mouse poiunter in the upper left end of screen, and it just keeeps spinning and nothing happens.

It is the same wether I set my HDD's to AHCI or IDE.

Any idea on what to do?

Everything is working great, clean system only needed voodoohda, nvidia efi string, broadcom wireless -, AHCI- and OHR-Patch.

Gigabyte EP43-DS3L

Q9550 @ 3,2Ghz

6GB DDR2

512MB 8800GT G92

1TB Western Digital SATA-II

WLAN Belkin F5D7000 54g

Thumbs Up!

I managed to install OSX, but I cant boot.

I passed ''still waiting for root device error with ''-v maxmem=2048'' command.

I install fine but I dont even get to bootloader on startup. Tried all bootloaders but none of them work. Tried different driver setups but no go.

I tried booting hdd from dvd with ''-v -x -f rd=disk1s1'' but I get an error and cant boot.

My drives are set on IDE type in BIOs (it made no difference turning to AHCI), HPET is disabled.

I have Gigabyte 790x UD4P (SB 750) mobo with Phenom II X2 550 and 8 gigs of ram.

pls read the readme and topics related to v7 on our forum as well.

I did, and i tried every combination regarding my hardware but it just didnt work. Finaly I managed to boot in safer mode using XxX 10.5.6.

But iAtkos and XxX where the only DVDs that would even boot on my system :)

Keep in mind: If the v7 DVD boots and installation ends with success, then this OS can work on your hardware in a possibility of %95, if you manage to select right packages during install.

Keep in mind: If the v7 DVD boots and installation ends with success, then this OS can work on your hardware in a possibility of %95, if you manage to select right packages during install.

I had an old P4 on an Asus board P5GD1-VM (5 years old at least) that has been running iAtkos 5i with Chameleon 2 RC1 and Voodoo 10.5. Yesterday, I upgraded to iAtkos 7 with Voodoo 10.5.7 with not too much trouble. The iAtkos installer showed upgrades for the main elements so I let it run with nothing other than the defaults selected.

At first boot, it stalled at the apple with white slashed circle in a box so figuring it was a disk access problem, I ran the driver only installer again and selected the Intel SATA and JMicron SATA drivers as well as msdos instead of Apple decrypt. This time it booted fully but the Root, Admin and user permissions were messed up as was the screen resolution. Another boot off the DVD to reset the Root and User account, etc. put the former right but a series of installs with NVkush, NVDarwin and other NV drivers never did fix the problem with the 7300GT (which worked fine up to 10.5.5). In the end, I pulled it and changed to the built-in Intel GMA900 after installing the ElliotAppleIntelGMALEgacyEnabler kext and AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext. Now it has full Quartz, etc. and is working fine. The last thing will be to install the final Chameleon and Voodoo2 when released and that will be the end of its upgrade life because I am sure it will never run SL and the time has come to buy a real MacBook Pro 13 when SSD reaches a rational price.

Hi folks :)

I have a problem with this release... I successfully finished the installation, but at the booting it stucks with a strange error, i've uploaded the related pic:

26062009374.th.jpg

My specs:

AMD 3400+ (sse2)

MB, ASUS Salmon (SiS 760 + 964)

1 GB RAM

An IDE HD

I already have a working installation of Leopard with iPC 10.5.6, with the same kernel (Voodoo .5), so i don't see the matter... Help me please :(