iATKOS v7 DVD 10.5.7 for Intel/AMD

uphuck

219 posts in this topic

nice release works well w/ few notes....

abit ip35, e6550@2.8ghz, 2gb team elite ddr2 800, ati radeon hd2600pro pcie

options:

-iatkos v7 main system

-chameleon v2

-extra directory

-dsdt

-appledecrypt

-disabler

-ohr

-remove tycme

-intel sata/ide

-jmicron sata/ide

-voodoo ps/2 driver

-ntfs3g

-marvel yukon 88e8056

-post install actions

notes:

-ati radeon hd2600pro works w/ khy driver

-audio didnt work w/ voodoohda, azalia audio driver, or applehda 10.5.6..but works w/ taruga patcher v1.2 w/ alc888 dump

-ram is read as ddr667 instead of ddr800

system is recognized as imac8.1

I'm having problems!

After install it hangs on the logo or black screen (in single or verbose mode).

I have added the device strings for graphics manually from another osx partition, after install, but no luck.

i've tried different settings and all installs go fine untill boot where it just stops, barely loading anything)

when i boot with -v option nothing happens, just black screen.

the same goes for -s so i can't even get to a command line where i can fix permissions

any ideas?

i'm currently running iPC-X DL 10.5.6 and before that iatkos 10.5.5, both works fine, though i had more gfx problems with 10.5.6, but it's working.

i'm using a rather old setup:

cpu: P4 prescott 3.0 ghz (SSE2 & SSE3)

motherboard: Asus p4p800E-deluxe

gpu: Nvidia Geforce 6600GT 128mb (AGPx8)

lan: intel gigabit

Ram: 1 GB

I have a near-flawless install if iAtkos v7 on a Samsung Q1U-EL. ALL drivers seem to be included in the distro and there was no need to download additional kexts. Running at 1024x600 native resolution with full GPU hardware acceleration.

IMPORTANT: do not use IntelGMA950 for Laptop... instead use Intel GMA950 for Desktop! Laptop version will not give you correct resolution for Samsung Q1U! Trust me on this.

Also, if your Samsung gets stuck in reboot cycle, try using Voodoo 9.7.0 kernel. This works fine.

Working hardware on Samsung Q1U running iAtkos v7 (10.5.7):

Intel 800mhz cpu (OSX on this runs WAYYYYY better than XP & VISTA!!!)

2gb RAM (upgraded from 1gb)

Built-in Atheros Wi-Fi

Built-in Ethernet

Built-in keyboard

Touch-screen works (need to find calibration software... mfg. by TouchKit)

Mouse-joystick (also works for scrolling when switched to joystick mode)

<Enter> button on right side works fine

"L" mouse button and "R" mouse button works fine.

USB bluetooth dongle (brand: Zoom Model 4322 ($19.99 from online retailer)

Logitech laptop webcam (external USB)

Standard USB keyboard

Kensington Bluetooth Mouse

iPhone tethering via USB & Bluetooth works perfectly.

Issues:

The biggest problem I had was trying to get the IntelGMA950 - Laptop driver to work... DON'T waste your time! Just use the IntelGMA950 Desktop driver!!!

Minor issues arise if Samsung umpc goes to sleep... I currently have it set to NEVER sleep so this helps alleviate that problem.

Screensaver doesn't seem to come on by itself. I set up hot corner in OSX to manually activate screensaver... (screensavers run very smoothly! as does EVERYTHING considering the slow CPU of this device)

Screen brightness gets TOO dim when unplugged from AC power. In BIOS (press "R" mouse button on device to access bios) there's a setting to disable screen dimming during batter power. You will be happier and can see your screen much better, even though your battery might not last as long!

Well that's about it... send me a pm if you have any questions. I'm pleasantly surprised everything worked this well considering such an odd device! KUDOS to UPHUCK for this awesome distro!

Good luck and Peace to all!

Hello,

this seems to be a great release. The first attempt to install iAtkos failed, but the second worked. Everything seems to work OOTB, BUT MobileMe is not working for me. Unfortunatly in system settings there is the old .Mac symbol and I can't log in into mobileme. Does anybody has a solution for this?

Best regards,

Valmar

My system is:

Intel Q6600

MSI P35 Neo2

Geforce GTX 260

4 GB RAM

Install Options:

DSDT

ACPI x86

OHR

Drivers VGA Natit Enabler and Nvidia GT200

System Sata/IDE -> AHCI, Intel, JMicron, Via

Intel Speedstep both

Sound Voodoo HDA

NTFS-3G

Network Realtek 1000

OK, so this is an awesome release. I installed it on the first try on my system but now I have some issues:

1) Sleep and Shutdown don't work. Previously on Ideneb 10.5.6 only sleep didn't work, but it would shutdown properly.

2) In the bootup process there is a HUGE delay before the login prompt appears, after the blue screen.

System:

ECS G31T-M

Q6600 Processor

ATI 2600HD Card

This was my second attempt at installing OS X on my custom configured HP dv9000. I first tried ideneb v1.4 and couldn't install. iAtkos v7 installed without a hitch. Thank you for this release.

I am experiencing one problem I can't seem to find help on. Maybe there is a better place for this question. Bluetooth worked out of the box. I use my At&t Tilt (HTC Tytn II) tethered for internet a lot. After my initial installation I could tether via bluetooth no problem. Now that I've got the drivers installed that I need to get all my functionality I can't connect via Bluetooth PAN. I can pair with the phone, but connect to network is always greyed out.

If anyone has any ideas that would be causing this problem I'd appreciate the help. Or even if you know of any good forums on bluetooth and Windows Mobile. Unfortunately all I can seem to find is recommendations for WMWiFiRouter which doesn't help becuase the Intel 3945abg card in my laptop doesn't yet have a working driver.

This was my second attempt at installing OS X on my custom configured HP dv9000. I first tried ideneb v1.4 and couldn't install. iAtkos v7 installed without a hitch. Thank you for this release.

I am experiencing one problem I can't seem to find help on. Maybe there is a better place for this question. Bluetooth worked out of the box. I use my At&t Tilt (HTC Tytn II) tethered for internet a lot. After my initial installation I could tether via bluetooth no problem. Now that I've got the drivers installed that I need to get all my functionality I can't connect via Bluetooth PAN. I can pair with the phone, but connect to network is always greyed out.

If anyone has any ideas that would be causing this problem I'd appreciate the help. Or even if you know of any good forums on bluetooth and Windows Mobile. Unfortunately all I can seem to find is recommendations for WMWiFiRouter which doesn't help becuase the Intel 3945abg card in my laptop doesn't yet have a working driver.

I have a DV9720US, I cannot for the life of me get this to work. Does your laptop have SATA drives? When I boot the DVD it gets all the way to disk utility then that doesn't see any hard drives. Did you modify the BIOS in any way?

I really want to get this installed on my DV9720US but I have yet to find anyone that can help.

The only install I have ever gotten to see the drives is LEO4ALL. I installed that, but when it got to the part to erase the drive, it just locks up and the screen garbles.

Next I tried installing to a USB hard drive. That worked, however my graphics were just standard, and I had no WIFI. Do you have the ATHEROS chipset?

Please give me all the details on how you got this working.

I have a big problem:

After having installed it, the computer reboots normally, but then when it boots, i just see

a white " / " .

After restarting again I see a " - "

So it should be this rotating symbol, but it is frozen.

Anybody here, who can help me?

Thank you so much!

My system:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+

4GB MDT DDR2-800 Ram

Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 (with ALC888-Sound and AMD770-Chipset)

nVidia Geforce 8800 GTS

Seagate S-ATA Baracuda 250GB

Well I wanted to do a fresh re-install of my hackintosh, and figured I may as well use the latest and greatest release / patches on 10.5.7 while I was at it. I am currently on iPC 10.5.6 patched to PPF5.

I was just wondering if anyone (uphuck?) could comment on my hardware as to if it's compatible with this release. It seems that my CPU is reported working without a hitch, and I think I saw one loose 9500gt confirmation but...nothing on my mobo, and I am still a little leery about my graphics card.

Thanks a lot for any and all help, specs are in my sig.

Jim.

Huh this version doesn't work for me :D. I tried many other once and pretty much all of them did work but this one doesn't . I had Hazard Leopard and when I tried to update to Leo 10.5.7 I got the same problem.

At first I got stuck with booting. It always prompted that I have to restart my computer over and over again. And after few time of trying I managed to install it and it starts booting and then I get gray screen with little lines over the screen that move when I move my mouse. Same thing happened when I upgraded my Hazard Leo 10.5.6 to a Leo 10.5.7 through update service in OS. Does anyone have any clue what might be wrong.

Configuration:

CPU: Intel Q9300

Motherboard: DFI LanParty DK P45-T2RS

VGA: ATI Radeon 4850 HD

RAM: Corsair Dominator 4x1GB

HDD: Western Digital 2X250GB SATA II

I need Leo 10.5.7 becase drivers for my graphic card works only on Leopard 10.5.7.

Thanks

I have a DV9720US, I cannot for the life of me get this to work. Does your laptop have SATA drives? When I boot the DVD it gets all the way to disk utility then that doesn't see any hard drives. Did you modify the BIOS in any way?

Disk Utility was able to see my HDD without any trouble. It may be because I have an option to disable something with SATA in the bios (I already had it disabled to install XP). I have a friend with a dv6000 who doesn't have this option in his bios and Disk Utility can't see his HDD. I think the USB HDD is your only option.

I really want to get this installed on my DV9720US but I have yet to find anyone that can help.

The only install I have ever gotten to see the drives is LEO4ALL. I installed that, but when it got to the part to erase the drive, it just locks up and the screen garbles.

Next I tried installing to a USB hard drive. That worked, however my graphics were just standard, and I had no WIFI. Do you have the ATHEROS chipset?

Please give me all the details on how you got this working.

The NATIT enabler got me full resolution and dual monitor support. I have a GeForce Go 7600 graphics card. I have no WiFi either, but that is because there is no driver for my Intel 3945abg pci-e card. Keeping an eye on project camphor though (I think he is turning his attention to this card). If your WiFi card isn't supported yet either, you can probably replace it pretty cheap. Take a look through these comments.

Alrighty well I don't want to create a duplicate post, but I did post this over in the uphuck forum as well. Just trying to get exposure to the issue here and hope I don't upset too many people by doing so.

My Post:

Alrighty...I have heard of the infamous "kernel panic" but never ran into one myself..till now. I read through all the readme's, and the micky installation guide as well.

I therefore set as many of my BIOS settings as were available to what I was instructed to.

I also made sure that my SATA drives were hooked up right, and that my IDE DVD drive was set as master and my IDE HDD was set as slave.

I am simply trying to do a fresh new install of iAtkos v7 10.5.7. I checked my download the md5 on my iso shows that it is what it is supposed to be. Is there anyway to verify though that the CD itself is correct?

I tell it to boot to the DVD, then type in -v, then get this:

Here are my screenies:

http://img41.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=img0073e.jpg

Here are my specs:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6 Rev 1.1 Bios F6

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 ghz OC to 3.2 ghz

RAM: 4gb running at 800mhz dual channel interleaved

GFX: evga nvidia 9500 gt 512 mb

HDD: 320gb sata 7200 rpm

Sound: onboard Azalia, working 90%. Don't really know much about it.

Any ideas anyone? Any and all help is appreciated. My only idea is that the actual burning of the DVD may not have gone correctly despite the fact that I know my ISO was good. Does it matter if it is DVD + R or - R?

Thanks again!

Jim.

sirs

how do i install this on my pc

here are my specs:

proc : AMD X2 6400+BLACK EDITION

mobo: GIGABYTE 790GP-UD4H

ram : TEAM ELITE 4GB ddr2 800

vidcard: ATI 4870

soundcard: creative audigy value

hdd : WESTERN DIGITAL 500GB

are my specs compatible with the iATKOS release ?

please help me

thanks

Disk Utility was able to see my HDD without any trouble. It may be because I have an option to disable something with SATA in the bios (I already had it disabled to install XP). I have a friend with a dv6000 who doesn't have this option in his bios and Disk Utility can't see his HDD. I think the USB HDD is your only option.

The NATIT enabler got me full resolution and dual monitor support. I have a GeForce Go 7600 graphics card. I have no WiFi either, but that is because there is no driver for my Intel 3945abg pci-e card. Keeping an eye on project camphor though (I think he is turning his attention to this card). If your WiFi card isn't supported yet either, you can probably replace it pretty cheap. Take a look through these comments.

My BIOS doesn't have this, I was able to install LEO4ALL because it sees the drives. I wonder if anyone can help me put whatever kexts are seeing the drives from that build into this release? I need a way to disable this in the BIOS so bad. Stupid ass HP cripples all their BIOS.

Also my card is the ATHEROS AR5007, not the intel. I can see on bootup the driver tries to load but it fails.

Hi,uphuck,

First thank you for the great release! Run smoothly on i7 mobo. Graphic, audio and network all OK!

My problems:

1.Only one core of CPU appeared in Activity Monitor.app;

2.RAM regarded as 667 MHz, actually it's 1066 (XMP supported)

I heard someone told me that his 4 cores be recognised by system, mine isn't;

My sepc:

i7 920 @2.66

GA-EX58-EXTREME

OCZ oczx1600lvgk 2G*3

XFX GTX 285

regards,

Hi dear all,

thanks for iAtkos V7.

I have an issues:

My specs:

lntel Q6700

Asus P5K

4 GB Ram

Nvidia 9800 GTX 512 MB

When time machine starts for the first time, it asks for the backup destination.

I choose a dedicated volume and then time machine comes up with this error message "error_obtaining_mac_address"

What I tried so far:

-the time machine fix --- no success

-renamed mv /Library/Preferences/Systemconfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist to mv /Library/Preferences/Systemconfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist.old --- also no success.

thanks very very much in advance

let me know, If this is the wrong thread for my questions

cheers

PaofNeele

Hi guys ... i have pretty much about the same graphic problem as Paofneele ... nVidia 9800 GT 512 ... high rez, no problem here, just no QE/CI ... any ideeas? :)

Sorry, any help is appreciated, thanx in advance :)

EDIT :// Sorry, my bad, forgot to look at the Wiki Driver page :) ... problem solved :D

hi to all

successfully installed on an acer one aoa150... works perfectly, I even use the intern atheros wifi card, and i reach 925kb/s in vuze what is amazing for me....

thanx for the iatkos v7 an thanx to the team that bring it to us