Realtek ALC1200 ICH10 working kext on Yosemite 10.10 from 10.6+

marionez

579 posts in this topic

OK, so does this latest version alc1200 driver work on snow leopard? Please answer this.

If not, can you post the *original* applehda.kext from 10.6 because I don't have it installed, in this way you can test a working driver, thanks.

[i need a working alc1200 driver to move on 10.6]

OK, so does this latest version alc1200 driver work on snow leopard? Please answer this.

If not, can you post the *original* applehda.kext from 10.6 because I don't have it installed, in this way you can test a working driver, thanks.

[i need a working alc1200 driver to move on 10.6]

it doesn't work in SL.

Here is vanilla AppleHDA.kext from 10.6

AppleHDA.kext.zip

I've attached a working one from 10.5.8 ALC1200. Not sure if it will help you edit the one for 10.6??? ASUS P6T (non-Deluxe)

Thanks for your help!

Thanks, I fired up my audio with VoodooHDA, it works even from EFI and I've digital output too (need two kext to satisfy the dependences, and bundlerequired is root).

Thanks, I fired up my audio with VoodooHDA, it works even from EFI and I've digital output too (need two kext to satisfy the dependences, and bundlerequired is root).

what are the dependencies? You have this working in 10.6? Do you have s/pdif and dts passthrough working? I tried a SL voodoohda and it didn't work but I'm guessing I didn't have the dependencies. Thx bro

Could you guys add to the list of motherboards that use this chipset the Intel DP43TF (Topsfield), cause I have spent absolute months trying to get my mic working with a kext that is known to work for it, but only for audio out. The kext is called ALC888VC, and in order to use it, the first thing you have to do are to delete AppleHDA and HDA Enabler. You can get it from insanelymac.com or kexts.com, the download consists of 1 kext file called AppleAzaleaAudio.kext

Now I am super happy I have a fully functional built in sound solution for my hackintosh, I used the one found on page 1 called ALC1200_1057_SLIM.zip without any modifications on my side, just used kexthelper and rebooted. The only problem I can see is that the 2 ports on the front of the machine do not work only the 3 at the back, in the preferences panel under sound, Input, it looks like this.

Name: Internal microphone - Type: Built-in

Name: Line In - Type: Audio line-in port

in the Output panel it looks like this.

Name: Line Out - Type: Built-in Line Output

Name: Headphones - Type: Built-in Headphones

Name: Digital Out - Type: Built-in Digital Output

If someone could explain the difference between Line Out and Headphones, I mean they are both Outputs, is one digital and the other analogue.

Then the Digital Out, what is that one for, I only have 3 ports on the back for audio.

Same thing goes for the Inputs, what is the difference between Internal Microphone and line in, they use the same port, sorry I am confused.

In system profiler I have this.

Audio (Built In)

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x80860024

Audio ID: 12

Available Devices:

Line Out:

Connection: 1/8 inch Jack

Microphone:

Connection: Internal

Headphone:

Connection: 1/8 inch Jack

S/P-DIF Out:

Connection: Optical

So here is my question, on my real mac I have got an optical port, on my Hackintosh the is no optical port, so how would I ever get any output from S/P-DIF Out, I have 2 sound cards sitting here that are for pc, both packaging brags about this S/P-DIF, but 1 has 5 1/8 inch jacks and the other only 4, so how does it give S/P-DIF out.

Lastly here is the output from LSPCI

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801JI (ICH10 Family) HD Audio Controller [8086:3a3e]

Sorry one last question, I have been testing the mic using Garage Band and there is a terrible hiss in the background, I tried to stop it but gave up after some time. I then decided to try Adobe Soundbooth for the recording and I got the same thing, I changed mic's and it was still there. I have managed to get rid of it in Soundbooth by choosing 48000Hz and instead of the default stereo mic I changed it to mono, after that a new option appeared saying what mic do I want to use out of the 2 that it detected, well I only have one mic plugged in, but it was asking for either mic 1 or 2, I chose mic 1 and the hiss is gone, then I tested the mic 2 setting and it also records but with the hissing noice, any explanation for this would be great.

I hope this helps someone out.

What board do you have? I'm running 100% on 10.5.8 but no sound on 10.6

ASUS P5Q-E with BIOS from Juzzi

what are the dependencies? You have this working in 10.6? Do you have s/pdif and dts passthrough working? I tried a SL voodoohda and it didn't work but I'm guessing I didn't have the dependencies. Thx bro

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...hp/t173299.html

Try with this, I've not tested, because I don't still have 10.6 installed.

Tell me if that works on 10.6.

unfortunately, that doesn't work :whistle:

I've tried running it from my Extra/Extensions.mkext on my Chameleon USB stick and also installing it to /S/L/E have also tried in 32 bit and 64 bit modes

My HDA enabling is done from my DSDT, could that be a reason? should I use your HDAEnabler on top of that?

Mainboard: Asus P5Q-EM / 90 % Native per EFI / 100 % Working incl. SPDIF DTS/AC3

this is for 10.5.8 Only

And This is for 10.6

New: 10.6.0 Retail (Vanillia-Kernel: Darwin 10.0.0 + 64bit Kernel/Kext + Chameleon RC3 r658) / Fully Working Partly Audio (ALC1200)

Line In works, Line Out Works, SPDIF not work, Mic, not work

Mainboard: Asus P5Q-EM / 90 % Native per EFI / 100 % Working incl. SPDIF DTS/AC3

this is for 10.5.8 Only

And This is for 10.6

New: 10.6.0 Retail (Vanillia-Kernel: Darwin 10.0.0 + 64bit Kernel/Kext + Chameleon RC3 r658) / Fully Working Partly Audio (ALC1200)

Line In works, Line Out Works, SPDIF not work, Mic, not work

so that kext didn't work eh? can you try installing it to /System/Library/Extensions and not your chameleon partition?

This is the Only AppleHDA that work for me, but i have only Line in and Line Out Support .... No SPDIF / DTS Passtrough and no Mic Line In

AppleHDA.kext.zip AppleHDA.kext for 10.6 (432) / Board: Asus P5Q-EM with Line-In and Line-Out Only.

I hope marionez ca edit something in this kext, that it´s work on my ASUS P5Q-EM with SPDIF an DTS Passtrough