Realtek ALC1200 ICH10 working kext on Yosemite 10.10 from 10.6+

marionez

579 posts in this topic

This is the Only AppleHDA that work for me, but i have only Line in and Line Out Support .... No SPDIF / DTS Passtrough and no Mic Line In

AppleHDA.kext.zip AppleHDA.kext for 10.6 (432) / Board: Asus P5Q-EM with Line-In and Line-Out Only.

I hope marionez ca edit something in this kext, that it´s work on my ASUS P5Q-EM with SPDIF an DTS Passtrough

Guys the problem is that 10.6 is not yet smooth as I like.

There are a variety of problems and troubleshooting, so I can't move on 10.6 at the moment, until snow will be a good stable reliable system. (read this for example: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...81981&st=80 )

I'll try to edit that applehda you attached.

Try with this...

ALC1200_106_beta.zip

Thanks for your help, but the attached AppleHDA don't work , because my system does not regnorize any in- or output.

Profiler Output:

------------

Intel High Definition Audio:

Geräte-ID: 0x104382FE

Audio-ID: 12

Verfügbare Geräte:

-------------

The Result of installing the kext into S/L/E is, very very long boot time, very interesting Colors (all with blue Touch) of My Monitor and a not working mouse.

-----------------------

ICH 10 ....

my mainboard have ICH10 , too. But i don't have any speed problems with my SATA2 HDD´s, i can accesses at both very fast, including copy & past.

Hi!

I removed AppleHDA and HDAenabler kexts.

I installed VoodooHDA.kext.

Second start was realy long, but i have all outputs.

Unfortunately SPDIF don't work:(

What .kexts are you using to get Optical out in 10.5.8? can you try this .kext installed into /System/Library/Extensions and not /Extra/Extensions on your Chameleon?

ALC1200.kext.zip

If you are going to firt page, than you can download ALC1200_1057_SLIM.zip.

Try it under 10.5.8, it's work.

Thanks for Marionnez!

Optical output goes with light.

SPDIF goes with ohmic RCA, and motherboards have this.

If you will DTS passtrought, than you will modify appleHDA.

Please read back, I attached it.

This doesn't work on a M3A-H/HDMI, doesn't work in Leopard or in Snow Leopard.

I believe it doesn't even have a ALC1200, but a ALC888(s).

I only got it working in Leopard with two kexts I downloaded from somewhere (patched AppleHDA and an ALCinject), tried to port the AppleHDA to snow leopard without success.

VoodooHDA does give sound but it is distorted (0.2.1 and 0.2.2). I haven't found any solution for snow leopard yet.

Could you guys add to the list of motherboards that use this chipset the Intel DP43TF (Topsfield), cause I have spent absolute months trying to get my mic working with a kext that is known to work for it, but only for audio out. The kext is called ALC888VC, and in order to use it, the first thing you have to do are to delete AppleHDA and HDA Enabler. You can get it from insanelymac.com or kexts.com, the download consists of 1 kext file called AppleAzaleaAudio.kext

Now I am super happy I have a fully functional built in sound solution for my hackintosh, I used the one found on page 1 called ALC1200_1057_SLIM.zip without any modifications on my side, just used kexthelper and rebooted. The only problem I can see is that the 2 ports on the front of the machine do not work only the 3 at the back, in the preferences panel under sound, Input, it looks like this.

Name: Internal microphone - Type: Built-in

Name: Line In - Type: Audio line-in port

in the Output panel it looks like this.

Name: Line Out - Type: Built-in Line Output

Name: Headphones - Type: Built-in Headphones

Name: Digital Out - Type: Built-in Digital Output

If someone could explain the difference between Line Out and Headphones, I mean they are both Outputs, is one digital and the other analogue.

Then the Digital Out, what is that one for, I only have 3 ports on the back for audio.

Same thing goes for the Inputs, what is the difference between Internal Microphone and line in, they use the same port, sorry I am confused.

In system profiler I have this.

Audio (Built In)

Device ID: 0x80860024

Audio ID: 12

Available Devices:

Line Out:

Connection: 1/8 inch Jack

Microphone:

Connection: Internal

Headphone:

Connection: 1/8 inch Jack

S/P-DIF Out:

Connection: Optical

So here is my question, on my real mac I have got an optical port, on my Hackintosh the is no optical port, so how would I ever get any output from S/P-DIF Out, I have 2 sound cards sitting here that are for pc, both packaging brags about this S/P-DIF, but 1 has 5 1/8 inch jacks and the other only 4, so how does it give S/P-DIF out.

Lastly here is the output from LSPCI

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801JI (ICH10 Family) HD Audio Controller [8086:3a3e]

Sorry one last question, I have been testing the mic using Garage Band and there is a terrible hiss in the background, I tried to stop it but gave up after some time. I then decided to try Adobe Soundbooth for the recording and I got the same thing, I changed mic's and it was still there. I have managed to get rid of it in Soundbooth by choosing 48000Hz and instead of the default stereo mic I changed it to mono, after that a new option appeared saying what mic do I want to use out of the 2 that it detected, well I only have one mic plugged in, but it was asking for either mic 1 or 2, I chose mic 1 and the hiss is gone, then I tested the mic 2 setting and it also records but with the hissing noice, any explanation for this would be great.

I hope this helps someone out.

Ok so this was my original post on this, but there have been a few developments, the sound works well for a couple of days then just out of the blue all inputs and outputs just go missing, I can reboot, fix permissions etc. nothing gets it back, go back to kexthelper and put the extensions back in there, reboot and all is well for a few days, any suggestions what could be breaking it every now and again.

Moved on 10.6 I think it's still too soon to do that, anyway, here's that attached works on 10.6.1 I can't test digital output, I tried a different hack, Fecso can you tell me if that works on vlc digital output?

HDAEnabler is included in plugins subdirectory, so if you have hdaenabler (unprobable) in your S/L/E, remove it.

SL kext attached on 1st post.

Hi Marionez

I am still not getting the devices recognized, even with the latest ALC1200_106 kext. I removed AppleHDA and HDAenabler from S/L/E.

Now Profiler says:

Device ID: 0x104382FE

Available Devices: (Nothing here)

Mobo is M3A78-EM, on AMD Athlon x2 3.2 GHz, no DSDT, use EFI String to get nvidia 8400 GS. Everything else works perfectly.

This is the system.log extract. Sorry, I could not make much out of it. Certainly you can...

03/10/09 12:29:02 AM	kernel	HDAEnabler: Copyright (c) 2008 by Kabyl
 03/10/09 12:29:02 AM	kernel	HDAEnabler: 05/05/2008 Added SP-Audio support by Taruga
 03/10/09 12:29:02 AM	kernel	HDAEnabler: 03/07/2009 Compiled for 32/64-bit by Taruga
 03/10/09 12:29:02 AM	kernel	Sound assertion "0 != setupHostInterface()" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-174.1.1/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 255 goto Exit1

Your help is much appreciated...

marionez,

Okay, so I got it working by loading all the kexts within PlugIns. I know, I know, I should've used kexthelper instead of doing it manually with kextload... *shrug*

Restart/Shutdown does function without any other kexts, specifically OpenHaltRestart.kext. On the other hand, restart/shutdown does not work after waking up from sleep. I have even tried reintroducing OpenHaltRestart.kext, but without much success.

I've removed Disabler.kext, dsmos.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, OpenHaltRestart.kext, and SleepEnabler.kext (as shown below).

The kexts I have loaded are:

AHCIPortInjector.kext

Disabler.kext - i've been reading that this isn't needed?

dsmos.kext - i've been reading that this isn't needed?

fakesmc.kext (v2)

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

PlatformUUID.kext

SleepEnabler.kext

Thanks!

Peace,

IanT

Realtek ALC1200 ICH10 working kext - shutdown/reboot/sleep fix

i installed the 1057 slim package on 10.5.8 and I can see the inputs in System Preferences > Sound > Input, and i can see that there is sound registering on the level gauge on the same tab, but I get no sound being sent to my speakers. Motherboard is a P5Q and I have a Creative Audigy (which my speakers are attached to). The creative audigy has no input support so i was really hoping to get this on board sound working.

here's what shows up in About this Mac:

Device ID: 0x104382FE

Available Devices:

Line Out:

Connection: 1/8-Inch Jack

Internal Microphone:

Connection: Internal

Headphone:

Connection: 1/8-Inch Jack

S/P-DIF Out:

Connection: Optical