JaS 10.4.6 Install dvd

domino

297 posts in this topic

Ive got a Dual Core athlon 64 X2 3800, and an ASUS A8N-SLI, when i try to install the DVD, Installation goes fine and then when i restart i get a kernel panic, I installed all the right packages (SSE3, AMD BASE SYSTEM, etc.) Anybody have the same problem? Is dual core working for AMD's or do they have problems?

Kernel with SSE3 is buggy.....SSE2 is working but about 20% less performance..

I also have same problem....Im going to put my Opteron retired untill we have a proper kernel..

3 Questions..

1. What install tutorial should i follow for installing this? I know it's a bootable disk ,and what not, but what about partitioning?

2. Is it even worth installing if my procesor only has sse2?

3. And how do I do PPF patches on xp?

Thanks!

10.4.6 Works great on my SSE2 NONX P4 and asus P4B266 MB !

Just a practice problem :

I've imported my account from another partition (10.4.4) :

The only thing i can't do is to enable automatic login on my account (and after repair permissions) ???

I've not yet try to create a new account and try to login automaticly onto...

Anyone have the same problem, could you help me please ????

Thanks

10.4.6 Works great on my SSE2 NONX P4 and asus P4B266 MB !

Just a practice problem :

I've imported my account from another partition (10.4.4) :

The only thing i can't do is to enable automatic login on my account (and after repair permissions) ???

I've not yet try to create a new account and try to login automaticly onto...

Anyone have the same problem, could you help me please ????

Thanks

I installed JasS 10.4.6 too and everything I tried has worked except automatic login like you. I have disabled and enable it again but still no joy. Those that have make auto login work can share the workaround with us.

Thank you for your help.

I installed JasS 10.4.6 too and everything I tried has worked except automatic login like you. I have disabled and enable it again but still no joy. Those that have make auto login work can share the workaround with us.

Thank you for your help.

One more feature that does not work is Darwin Boot Loader on Jas 10.4.6 clean install.

It does not show up the options on all the bootable volumes.

On Myz 10.4.6 upgrade from OSX86 10.4.5 DVD patched during startup, Darwin boot loader offer options to boot from any bootable volumes.

What is required on JaS 10.4.6 to turn on Darwin Boot Loader?

Thanks

One more feature that does not work is Darwin Boot Loader on Jas 10.4.6 clean install.

It does not show up the options on all the bootable volumes.

On Myz 10.4.6 upgrade from OSX86 10.4.5 DVD patched during startup, Darwin boot loader offer options to boot from any bootable volumes.

What is required on JaS 10.4.6 to turn on Darwin Boot Loader?

Thanks

at boot time have u hit enter and then instantly F8 to get to darwin if you have the windows boot.ini menu that is

I'm hoping someone can help me, I need an installer, I can't do torrent cause the ports are blocked and the only ftp access that I've been given for the tiger-x86.tar.bz2 wont expand (in terminal) complaining about a corrupt image.

In case it doesn't like the BIOSTAR HA478, I've ordered the Intel D915GUX to ensure success (and give my wife back her PC) however obtainging an image I can use that isn't corrupt seems to be the biggest stumbling block, can someone help me with this?

-- nonppc

Mmmm did anyone else notice with this iso you lost every 3d transition on Radeon9600 ?

For example, when you click the "i" on a widget, or at first boot when you are prompted for user info.

If you read the installer it says to install the sse2 or sse3 package for your cpu .. why are so many of you installing both kernels ... I just don't understand how you could be making this mistake.Only install the sse2 or sse3 package ... not both

They are doing it because the installer allows it, and they are ignorant. I know that it's possible to make the choice an either/or thing (saw this on one of the older versions of osx86 that was around back in the 10.4.1 or 10.4.3 days), so maybe for your next release you should look into that and make it impossible to select an illogical combination. (oh, and as reported elsewhere, even if you select the GMA900 option during install, the package doesn't get installed, although running the package manually after install works fine)

Thank you for your help.

Auto login just worked out of the box for me, I didn't have to do anything special.

I tryed to reinstall, I reinstalled succesfully with SSE2 kernel..

So it seems, kernel SSE3 for Opteron 170 is buggy

I have the same issue with an AMD 4200+; I get a kernel panic with SSE3 patch. It boots natively with the SSE2 patch, but its slow as sh*t.

Is anyone working on getting a proper AMD SSE3 patch going?

On the bright side, this is the first time I've _ever_ been able to boot natively. Thanks Jas!

On the downside: No sound through speakers (soundblaster audigy 4 -- oddly, it has a built-in driver for my plantronics USB audio headset); Display artifacts, and CI availability unclear (ATI X600 ); No bluetooth (Logitech); Printer not recognized through the hub (HP); Scanner not recognized through the hub (Canon); No SATA, so my Windows XP drive and DVD-RW aren't recognized.

My system

Amd athlon64 3200+

120gb samsung pata drive for R&d Purpose

80gb sata xp system drive

1gb ram

gigabyte k8n51gmf-9 mobo

Liteon dvd/rw Sohw 1653s

liteon dvd/rw shw *** with lightscribe

using jas 10.4.6 install dvd

my problem:

after selecting the packages to be installed the system starts copying files but after a minute or so it say error occured in copying and says to reastart..............tried it several times but in vain

and one more thing the seconf dvd/rw drive cannot boot the dvd properly...-v option states that its still waiting for boot device....

Kindly any body with a solution pls reply....Thanks i n advance...........

Just forgot is the newly relesed ppf the solution to this.......but i've lost my originAL INSTALL ISO IMAGE ....................SO CAN I MAKE AN IMAGE OF THE DVD I HAVE AND APPLY THE PPF????

just want to ask a silly question...

Is that while the osx installation

osx can't found my hdd

that means the sata patch not work??

and how can i solve the problem??

my config:

amd a64 3000+ BP

A8N-SLI

samsung HD160JJ 160GB hdd, sata2

GF 6800GS

ram: 512 mb x 2

I have the same issue with an AMD 4200+; I get a kernel panic with SSE3 patch. It boots natively with the SSE2 patch, but its slow as sh*t.

Is anyone working on getting a proper AMD SSE3 patch going?

On the bright side, this is the first time I've _ever_ been able to boot natively. Thanks Jas!

On the downside: No sound through speakers (soundblaster audigy 4 -- oddly, it has a built-in driver for my plantronics USB audio headset); Display artifacts, and CI availability unclear (ATI X600 ); No bluetooth (Logitech); Printer not recognized through the hub (HP); Scanner not recognized through the hub (Canon); No SATA, so my Windows XP drive and DVD-RW aren't recognized.

There isnt any difference in speed between the sse2 and the sse3 kernel in speed if your cpu has sse3 , is that a dual core that would explain the panic with a kernel without the cpuid patch

There isnt any difference in speed between the sse2 and the sse3 kernel in speed if your cpu has sse3 , is that a dual core that would explain the panic with a kernel without the cpuid patch

There is exactly a lot.....in my system, about 20%

xbench SSE2: 82 points

SSE3:101,93

Now I have 117points with change of hardrive from 80Gb ATA133 2mb cache to 250Gb ATA133 16Mb cache

xbench.txt

It is a dual core. Is there a way for me to add the cpuid patch to the sse3 installation package? (Preferrably without having to reinstall the whole thing.)

Oh, and I forgot to mention in the not-so-good category: The IDE boot drive, using the ATI patch, runs unbelievably slow. (DMA?)

check your pm box

I'm hoping someone can help me, I need an installer, I can't do torrent cause the ports are blocked and the only ftp access that I've been given for the tiger-x86.tar.bz2 wont expand (in terminal) complaining about a corrupt image.

In case it doesn't like the BIOSTAR HA478, I've ordered the Intel D915GUX to ensure success (and give my wife back her PC) however obtainging an image I can use that isn't corrupt seems to be the biggest stumbling block, can someone help me with this?

-- nonppc

check your pm box

It is a dual core. Is there a way for me to add the cpuid patch to the sse3 installation package? (Preferrably without having to reinstall the whole thing.)

Oh, and I forgot to mention in the not-so-good category: The IDE boot drive, using the ATI patch, runs unbelievably slow. (DMA?)

no because the cpuid patch hides the sse3 flag and so it needs the sse emu kernel to be present because there's a sse3 check left in the early boot stage.

I dont suppose someone people could seed the dvd image again?

theres apparently no seeds :D

Thanks in advance...

EDIT: beh.. Never mind... the tracker just isnt reporting the seeds ...

stupid tracker....

/me whistles away

no because the cpuid patch hides the sse3 flag and so it needs the sse emu kernel to be present because there's a sse3 check left in the early boot stage.

So...the problem is that the cpuid patch was written to only work with the sse emulator? And it adds something that makes the kernel work with a dual core cpu?

Why can't that something be added to the non-emulating AMD kernel?