JaS 10.4.6 Install dvd

domino

297 posts in this topic

Dear JAS

I have Acer Aspire 3022 Notebook with mobility x600 and ATI ATA (x200)

Works well with 10.4.3, and I could updated to 10.4.5 with MAXXUSS 2 partition method....

I try to use 10.4.6 and JaS.10.4.6.Install.Dvd.PPF1

I can boot, setup, but after boot I got blue screen, cursore movable, but OSX did not work... (safe mode also did not work)

I could not find any description for JaS.10.4.6.Install.Dvd.PPF1.

Must I make any permission repair after setup ?

Please help

Andras

So...the problem is that the cpuid patch was written to only work with the sse emulator? And it adds something that makes the kernel work with a dual core cpu?

Why can't that something be added to the non-emulating AMD kernel?

no it's a side effect because it hides the sse3 cpu flag and there's a sse3 flag check left that it fails .

It would be possible to fix it but maxxuss is mia and you'd need big kernel hacking skills to fix the problem

Hi,

Just tried the install, which worked fine. Upon first boot, though, all I see is a black screen with the mouse cursor (no blinking prompt as some have been seeing). I can hear the intro music playing, but nothing but black is visible. I've tried almost every combination of AMD patches from the DVD. Does anyone have any ideas?

AMD64 3200 (2.0GHz / 754-pin)

Asus K8N-E mobo (nforce3-250Gb chipset)

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE BLACK SCREEN.

MY SYSTEM IS A:

AMD SEMPRON 3100+

ATi ALLINWONDER X800XT

My PC: ASUS K8N4-E (NForce4-4x)

Sempron 2800+ (S754,64bit,SSE3 by CPU-Z)

512Mb DDR-400 RAM

160 Gb Sata HDD (XP,DATA)

80 Gb IDE HDD (for MacOSX)

DVD+/-RW Toshiba SDR-5372

Would work 10.4.6 by Jas on my PC ???

If really work, then i buy DVD with MacOSX by Jas

no it's a side effect because it hides the sse3 cpu flag and there's a sse3 flag check left that it fails .

It would be possible to fix it but maxxuss is mia and you'd need big kernel hacking skills to fix the problem

It seems as though all progress in getting hardware working with this thing has ceased.

I have to wonder, what is the point to all of this? The back-in-college-with-my-Mac nostalgia was kind of cool, but at the end of the day, its a crippled, no-drivers version of a mediocre operating system with a small range of software.

Cheburashka - no point, just geeks pursuing a technical challenge. I know people who have worked tirelessly to get osx working on their PCs, finally got it working and then promptly went back to windows. Sad but true.

Anyway, I appear to have an issue testing this ISO. If I install with the 10.4.6 update, I boot to a black screen with mouse pointer. If I deselect the 10.4.6 update, I boot to a blue screen with mouse pointer. Either way I get no further. See my sig for specs.

Anyway, I appear to have an issue testing this ISO. If I install with the 10.4.6 update, I boot to a black screen with mouse pointer. If I deselect the 10.4.6 update, I boot to a blue screen with mouse pointer. Either way I get no further. See my sig for specs.

Works fine here for me

what hardware do you have? i'm trying to work out if its something to do with my X1800, or some other issue.

JaS - any ideas? I have the latest BIOS on my D945GTP board.

Installed JaS 10.4.6 DVD

Options: Intel Base System, SSE3 for Intel, GMA900 Support - No Printer Drivers etc.

System: i915pl, gma900, celeron D 341 (sse3 4 sure), sata hd

Problem: Clean Install - No errors during Install - had to set bootflag for the partition to prevent the b0 error - NOW: Kernel Panic at the Boot: Unresolved Kernel Trap (devide by zero)

10.4.5 worked for me nice but i had no chance to turn of the sse3 emulation - had no kernel for that ...

please help guys ... that sucks - the hardware is prettely supported and listed compatible at its best

Hey Peeps

I had a quick question about the latest 10.4.6. Install DVD that’s out. When I am in the installer and get to the point that I choose Custom Installation. Do I only choose AMD base installer and AMD SSE3 patch? Or both SSE2 and SSE3. I have it up and running when I choose AMD Base and AMD SSE2 patches... but under the System Info it only shows my CPU is running SSE/SSE2... not SSE3.

I’m confused at this part of the install and I have ran into a few failed attempts...

Also… Is there any way to get Dual Monitors to span with Macvids new Beta 2 Build 1? I have two monitors hooked up and its running 1600x1200 on one fine but the other is all garble.

Thanks peeps!

Cheburashka - no point, just geeks pursuing a technical challenge. I know people who have worked tirelessly to get osx working on their PCs, finally got it working and then promptly went back to windows. Sad but true.

Yep i did that too once i got a 100% working nforce3 system, the fun was just the technical stuff , the forbidden taste and not least to joy to damage and {censored} off apple . The lack of software, games , emus and the horrible gui is the main reason for me.

Re-Installed with those JAS options: Intel Base, SSE2 Intel Patch and GMA900 ... worked !!! but sse2 only :D

took the mach_kernel.orig from dvd

patched it with base - not workin

patched that with cpuid - not workin

patched that with rtc - not workin

patched that with sse2 - WORKIN

Why the heck cant i use SSE3 functionality on this release :) hardware specs ^^2 posts over that ... cpu: celeron d 341 WITH sse3 ... man, i need to get that runnin tight ... plz help guys

PS: Now CI/QE isnt workin anymore since installing that 10.4.6 :D FERCK !!! should i downgrade back to 4.5 ?

Thx for enlightening us... :sorcerer:

At least we know how soon we'll have SSE3 on dual core.

Any clues how to extract the ati9700.kext from this install dvd? I've changed my card and need to repatch it with kolverg's one...

Guest goodtime

When I upgraded a working 10.4.5 installation, I noticed that I lost Windows File Sharing (SMB).

Fix:

Booted back to 10.4.6 Jas DVD.

Erased the boot partition.

Installed 10.4.6 from Scratch with 10.4.6 Patched Combo Update, HP Printer Drivers, X11, GMA900 support, SSE3 support.

Everything works. Just had to fix my Ethernet Drivers for Yukon 1000 Base-T. :)

Very pleased and glad a 10.4.6 install DVD is available. It's golden and is much easier than installing 10.4.3 and patching it to 10.4.4/.5 or .6 manually.

GT

Ok, so I have 10.4.4 installed and running on my machine, everything works as it should.

I downloaded the "JaS_10.4.6_Install_dvd.3471683" torrent, got the ISO, burned it, and booted it. It boots into the installer, however my mouse cursor is sitting in the top left corner of the screen, and won't move. I get to the menu to select an install language, and neither my mouse or keyboard work. I scanned the whole thread, and saw no mention of this problem... any thoughts?

If it matters:

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (socket 754, SSE2)

VIA chipset

SATA harddrive

USB keyboard and mouse combo (worked fine in 10.4.4)

I also tried a PS/2 Mouse with no luck.

Thanks in advance.

I will continue seeding the torrent as long as I can.

Could someone please please be so kind and put the

JaS 10.4.6 install dvd ppf (ATI ATA /b0 fix / No need for amd enabler post install )

on either PB or one of the news groups. For those of us with no access to demoniod.

Thank you

Could someone please please be so kind and put the

JaS 10.4.6 install dvd ppf (ATI ATA /b0 fix / No need for amd enabler post install )

on either PB or one of the news groups. For those of us with no access to demoniod.

Thank you

Go to the pirates bay and search it.. thats how I got it, and thats where I am continuing to seed it.

Hi there,

I didn't see any 'introduce yourself' thread so I reckon this is a good one for a first post. I'm actually a 'Linux Bob' - just a stupid user not a developer :D

Since I've got 10.4.3 running stable for a couple of months now and didn't want to run any risk, I installed the Jas 10.4.6 DVD on a third partition I always kept for test purposes.

My specs are in the signature, here's the lowdown

- internal keyboard and trackpad stopped working as soon as I booted from the install DVD. Went on with USB mouse and keyb - selected the required patches for my config and install finished ok.

- boot ok but still no trackpad and internal keyb behaves erratically.

- QE/ CI disabled now despite attempts with different patches. No more mouse artefacts like in 10.4.3 but no real improvement here.

- firewire is gone

Conclusion for me: I'll wipe the 10.4.6 partition and keep enjoying 10.4.3 while it lasts :)

cheers

sol

Tried to install the DVD for two days now.

Yesterday tried to fresh install with SSE2 support and 10.4.6 Update, install went fine. When reboot, however, got the "Ø" sign. The same with fresh install SSE3 support and 10.4.6 update....

This morning, rebooted the machine with kernel flags "-v -x", finally got into the GUI....

Found that my ATI X1600XT kext was not loaded, do the chmod...and kextcache things and reboot...

WOW booted straight into the GUI login screen...

Modified AppleAzaliaAudio kext to get my onboard RealTek audio to work...did the chmod...and kextcache things again...

Rebooted, dissappointment, back to where I was yesterday, got the "Ø" sign...

Rebooted again this time with kernel flags "-v -s", and got "Still waiting for root device". Turns out that, for some reason the AppleAHCIPort kext not loaded anymore...

Have to change in the BIOS for emulated Standard IDE for the machine to boot ....

My question, how to load back AHCI kext support???

My HW -

Homebuild - ASUS P5LD2 Deluxe, 1GB RAM, 2 x 400GB SATA (not RAIDed), Celeron D 361 (SSE3 working),

NEC DVD +-RW 3540A (Rip from the DELL Machine).

My download of Mac.OS.X.Tiger.10.4.6.X86.HOTiSO 4.38GB iso worked for me without doing anything else other than choosing customize during install and I had to check the proper boxes for my processor and sse3 and update combo, etc. Now my sound and LAN works even itunes and dvdplayer.

Asus P5AD2-Premium

Intel LGA775 P4 3.4GHz HT 1MB L2 Cache

Corsair 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2

WD 74GB Raptor SATA HDD

Maxtor 100GB 8MB Cache SATA HDD

Plextor PX-716SA SATA Rev.1.09

ATI Radeon X600XT PCI-e [shows up as core image & quartz extreme supported]

C-Media High Definition Audio

Marvel Yukon 88E8053 Gigabit Ethernet Built-in

For now I'm running on a 6GB WDC AC26 400R IDE HDD inside a USB/1394 enclosure