JaS 10.4.6 Install dvd

domino

297 posts in this topic

Hehehehe, sure space is not the problem.

I´ve tried the TPB also, but no luck at all (diferent problem - machine refused the connection)

Everytime I start the download the torrent from the greendemon site I get an error about insuficient space, but there is 30 gb of space free!!!!

Maybe you're trying to use a FAT32 volumn to download it...... :dev:

The file is larger then 4GB, so if you're using WinXP, you have to use a NTFS volumn to hold it...... :graduated:

PS: I failed finding the torrent in TPB, then I went to Demonoid...... But the torrent can be downloaded only by their registed users and the registration is closed! :thumbsdown_anim: ..... Crying...... Can anyone here help me? Thanx a great deal...... :angel: .

This is just for your gato. For posting a smart answer I completely overlooked :thumbsdown_anim:. You know PB's addess right? add this to the end. I don't know if they are seeding or not. Last time I looked, it was 0 but torrents can be freaky sometimes.

removed

just wanted to report success on a Notebook with AMD64 SSE2 + VIA + Radeon Mobility with JaS 10.4.6

ACER Ferrari 3400 with:

AMD64 3000+ SSE2

VIA K8T800

Radeon 9700 Mobility

no sata

installed with package options:

combo

amd base

amd sse2

radeon 10.4.6

wireless

Post install tasks:

re-run amd enabler

repair permissions

replace IOUSBFamily.kext with 10.4.3 version

set symbolic link for airport

audio midi setup - set output to 48kHz

set res to 1280x1024x32 (native is 1400x1050 but this 1280x1024 removes tearing)

Issues:

left audio only of course

Hmmm am I missing something here I've gone to the pirate and I've search the site up and down for all variations and can't seem to to find this DVD install ISO for 10.4.6 PM me if I'm missing something please.

Thks.

JaS, I think most want to know if this can be used to upgrade existing 10.4.4 or 10.4.5 installations. Or is this ISO mainly for fresh installs folks?

thanks

Heya all,

If I could just throw my 2 cents in.........

Excellent work (yet again) JaS.

For all those who are saying they have already DL'd and installed the JaS 10.4.6 install DVD - if you could seed, that would be really awesome. I just did refreshes on TPB and the Demon.... TPB shows 0 seeders and some peers, Demon shows 1 seeder and 205 peers (which is exactly what my BT client is showing). Personally, I always seed 2 to 1 ratio, unless I get 0.0 kb upload for more than 24 hours straight, such as for a file that has 15 or 20 seeders and only 0 or 1 peers.

Seeding would show that you Appreciate the Work that was done, and the Community that helped you DL your copy. For those that do seed on a regular basis - you Rock!

---> For anyone who has installed 10.4.5 or 10.4.6 on AMD - did your whole install process move like a snail covered in molasses??

I'm curious because I have a lappy with an AMD64 3400 w/ 1 GB of DDR, and even reading the DVD and going through the initial install screens before it even starts copying to the HD, it is So Slooooowwwww that it makes OSX in VMware look ultra-fast. This same DVD on my Intel 'dev' box runs at super speed, so I know that the DVD is not jacked up. I also know that all my lappy's hardware is okay, becuse in Winblows everything is rock solid.

Any ideas, anyone??? Thanks

I'm currently dling from TPB - there is no seeders, but lots of peers (leechers).

I'll seed when its done

Does this work with VMWare well - I don't have an SSE2 or 3 processor, and to get one would require a new mobo and processer, so it probably won't happen in a while (poor student).

I do have vmware however :thumbsdown_anim:

Leo

Finally get the torrent from TPB.....

Only 1 seed.....

The Demonoid.com cannot rigist even with the invition code.... They says someting like they're full..... Faint....

Anyway, thank domino^_^...

Hi there, I saw the torrent on TPB but how comes there's no seeder .. :thumbsdown_anim:

2nd question, regards to the "radeon mobility supported", is 7500 there ? (QE)

thanks..

7500 - no QE only OpenGL with the OpenGL.framwork from 10.4.1

I'm at 30% ATM on TPB as soon as it's done I'll seed it.

Thanks again all for your tireless efforts. You folks rule!

I'm currently dling from TPB - there is no seeders, but lots of peers (leechers).

I'll seed when its done

Does this work with VMWare well - I don't have an SSE2 or 3 processor, and to get one would require a new mobo and processer, so it probably won't happen in a while (poor student).

I do have vmware however :blink:

Leo

First of all , thanks JaS :D

It seems to be stuck at 67.3 at TPB. Please, Seed if you have it! :dev:

Hehe, we're on the same boat.......... :idea:

Wondering where did the seed go.........

JaS released a PPF before this ISO was released. I patched my own myzar 10.4.4/5 ISO. The PPF is no longer available because you also needed to repatch with a 10k ppf :gathering:. I guess it was just decided to release a complete ISO and remove the PPF.

Hi domino, any idea where i can find the 10k ppf repatch?

I love it when somebody "releases" a torrent and then can't be bothered to seed it for a week or two.

Well, we'll just have to wait until it trickles down. I'm at 74% and counting.

yes we are learning long suffering patience and persiverance.. a good charachter building exercise.. But at least someone took the time to put it together.. maybe they love to torment us! ah but i wont work will it we will overcome (does mad man's laught)

oops forgot to take my prozac today sorry :)

First of all , thanks JaS (and all others who helped to made this possible) for this nice release!

Its poor that there are so much leechers but no seeders. Yesterday there where 2 guys who had the complete release but today there's no one... that shows how much they respect a release like that :thumbsdown_anim:

Also its not possible to connect to the tracker...

If my ISO ever will be finished i will help seeding with my 1Mbit upload for a while !

PS: Sorry for my bad english... :dev:

Greetings from Germany

anGler

First of all , thanks JaS (and all others who helped to made this possible) for this nice release!

Its poor that there are so much leechers but no seeders. Yesterday there where 2 guys who had the complete release but today there's no one... that shows how much they respect a release like that :thumbsdown_anim:

Also its not possible to connect to the tracker...

If my ISO ever will be finished i will help seeding with my 1Mbit upload for a while !

PS: Sorry for my bad english... :dev:

Greetings from Germany

anGler

Good point there! I'm currently around 84% now, and I started the download around 24 hours ago.

I have seeded my share @ 10mbit and will continue with it up when im finnished.

Would be nice if more people could do that for the community.