JaS 10.4.6 Install dvd

domino

297 posts in this topic

I burned the image once more, but at 1x speed. I am getting the same problem I got before. I did -v and this is what I get when it stops activity.

"Load of /sbin/launchd failed, errno 88"

I've got the same thing as this guy pretty much:

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?ac...ost&id=3549

I've searched this forum but haven't found an answer, so I'm posting here because this looks like a good place for it. I've been attempting to install JaS' 10.4.6 Install DVD. At first, with my USB mouse and keyboard plugged in, I couldn't get past the first OS X install screen. I went into the BIOS and disabled legacy USB devices, since I read somewhere here that that might help. Don't know if it helped much, since I was still experiencing the trouble. So I bought a PS2 keyboard and mouse, and now I'm able to get into the install.

Now, however, I've received a message from the installed stating that my DVD appears to be scratched or damaged. The installed allows me to continue attempting the installation, but a some point the installation stopped and reported that the installer appeared to be damaged.

I burned the DVD using Disk Utility on an Intel-based iMac; has anyone had issues with DVDs burned using Disk Utility? Also, how can I verify the MD5SUM? Thanks!

I didn't select the 0.4.6.Combo.Update :( Everything is ok now.
I got installed already. I didn't see the combo update you mention. Anyplace to pick it up?

I believe we're using the same DVD install, the on found on demonoid.com correct? Also, whats the deal with "JaS OSx86 10.4.6 PPF1 Patch" ?

Anywho, I'm new and having some problems. I searched the forums for support to my Marvell Yukon 88E8001 along with support for my Nforce 3 250GB mobo. Both require the use of a keyboard. I'm currently running a Logitech MX518(USB) and a Logitech Media Keyboard (PS/2). The mouse works great but it doesn't detect the keyboard at all. Would installing the combo update as HEPB stated fix this keyboard problem?

At the moment everything seems to run smooth as butter. Keyboard, Networking(internet connection), and my ATi card doesn't work.

My system specs are as follow. Oh, OSX is running on its own HD, not partition.

AMD 3500+

2 gigs PC3200 DDR Corsair

Western Digital 120GB Caviar

ATi Radeon X850XT AGP

GA-K8NS Ultra-939 (nForce 3 Ultra chipset, Marvell Yukon 88E001)

Could really use some help on this guys. Thanks in advance, and I'm glad this site is here. It helped me alot. =)

I got installed already. I didn't see the combo update you mention. Anyplace to pick it up?

Unless I'm mistaken, isn't the combo update referred to selected within the OS X installer? Just prior to selecting the 'Continue' button to officially begin the installation, you need to use the customization option to select the software additions that will enable your particular system (such as the SSE2 software or the SSE3 software or the AMD software or the drivers for the various sound and/or video cards). Without using the customization option, I'm not certain the system will properly run (or even install) on the system.

I've searched this forum but haven't found an answer, so I'm posting here because this looks like a good place for it. I've been attempting to install JaS' 10.4.6 Install DVD. At first, with my USB mouse and keyboard plugged in, I couldn't get past the first OS X install screen. I went into the BIOS and disabled legacy USB devices, since I read somewhere here that that might help. Don't know if it helped much, since I was still experiencing the trouble. So I bought a PS2 keyboard and mouse, and now I'm able to get into the install.

Now, however, I've received a message from the installed stating that my DVD appears to be scratched or damaged. The installed allows me to continue attempting the installation, but a some point the installation stopped and reported that the installer appeared to be damaged.

I burned the DVD using Disk Utility on an Intel-based iMac; has anyone had issues with DVDs burned using Disk Utility? Also, how can I verify the MD5SUM? Thanks!

So here's where I'm at now: I've burned the DVD ISO again, this time selecting the 1X option in Disk Utility. This time, the installation seemed to be successful -- no "disk appears to be scratched/damaged" errors or anything. (At least, I don't think there were any. All I know is that my PC rebooted at the end of the installation process, and I'm assuming/hoping it's because the installation was successful.)

Now, I'm having difficulty booting into the system. I'm trying to use Acronis Disk Director Suite's "OS selector" tool, but it doesn't seem to be able to see the disk I've installed OS X to. I installed OS X to a separate hard drive, located as Master to the DVD-ROM drive's Slave on the same cable. Would this create any problem? In aiming for a dual-boot system, do I have to have OS X installed on the same drive as Windows XP? Also, is there a tutorial for using Acronis Disk Director Suite's "OS selector" to set this up? Thanks!

I'm downloading it from thepiratebay. 1 kB/s or less. Anyone knows about a better torrent? I tried to download the one from demonoid, but it said i have to register. I did, but they didn't send me a message. wierd.

I have:

processor - AMD x64 3500+

mainboard - K8SLI with NVIDIA nForce4 chipset

disk - 200GB WesternDigital SATA

graphics card - NVIDIA GeForce 7800GT

soundcard - Creative SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 (and the one on the motherboard, but i like this one more)

ram - 1GB DDR

networking - 10/100/1000 Mbps - VITESSE VSC8201RX (PHY) via NVIDIA nForce4

can someone tell me how to install it? i'm worried because the SATA disk i use. will the installer be able to install mac os on it? and will it work afterwards?

And what about sse? what do i select in the install program?

Thanks, Luco.

the installer might or might not detect your sata drive. if not then it is hard, you could install under vmware and then some how transfer to the hard disk or something like that. havnt got that far yet so dont know exactly.

MouseR

As I sad before you should select these in "Intel and AMD patches"

.10.4.6.Combo.Update.

.AMD.BaseSystem

.AMD.SSE3

.10.4.6 SemjaZa.V1.2.AMD Decrypt

The AMD I'm running is quite old. It's the clawhammer version so it only supports SSE2. I'll try to reinstall and see if I see the combo update option. AFAIK, I didn't remember seeing it.

So here's where I'm at now: I've burned the DVD ISO again, this time selecting the 1X option in Disk Utility. This time, the installation seemed to be successful -- no "disk appears to be scratched/damaged" errors or anything. (At least, I don't think there were any. All I know is that my PC rebooted at the end of the installation process, and I'm assuming/hoping it's because the installation was successful.)

Now, I'm having difficulty booting into the system. I'm trying to use Acronis Disk Director Suite's "OS selector" tool, but it doesn't seem to be able to see the disk I've installed OS X to. I installed OS X to a separate hard drive, located as Master to the DVD-ROM drive's Slave on the same cable. Would this create any problem? In aiming for a dual-boot system, do I have to have OS X installed on the same drive as Windows XP? Also, is there a tutorial for using Acronis Disk Director Suite's "OS selector" to set this up? Thanks!

So here's my latest update, in case anyone's following my progress. My recent attempt at installing OSx86 was successful, though the system has issues with the keyboard and mouse. (When I type using my Kensington PS/2/USB -- I'm using the included PS/2 adapter, by the way, since I still haven't got USB working -- when I type, the system is either slow to respond to it types several letters/characters.) I installed my system on the same drive as my fresh WinXP installation, using Partition Magic to make enough space for my OSx86 installation. (I made slightly less than 6GB; OS X displays a "not enough space" error but all you have to then do is use the customization option to uncheck the software you don't need, such as the various language packs and etc.)

At the end of the installation, the system rebooted and after an hour or so of waiting for the system to complete it's boot (with the Apple logo onscreen), I turned off my PC and started it up again. This time, the system proceeded to boot much faster, entered the light-blue screen and setup assistant. I still had trouble getting through the setup assistant, as it seemed to hang on the network/Internet configuration. So I shut down my PC again, and started 'er up again, this time electing not to proceed with my 'Net configuration. The system finally booted up properly, more or less. I'm getting some type of error having to do with the VIA kext software I had elected to install during the installation process; perhaps I'll have to remove this the next time. I have and ECS P4M800PRO-M (v. 1.0a) motherboard, which is VIA, so I thought I'd need that software; perhaps I don't.

To correct the keyboard problem, I followed the unload/load instructions someone posted in a forum thread here; I'm familiar with the Terminal so it was only made difficult by the fact that my keyboard keeps presenting duplicate characters when I type. Perhaps this has to do with the particular Kensington keyboard I'm using. I've been searching up and down the forums to see how to enable the USB for my system; I have to unplug my USB keyboard and mouse just to get through the installation process, so my system seems to fail to configure itself for USB input devices. Anyone know a current procedure for enabling USB? I'd prefer to continue using my Kensington, though plugged into a Belkin Flip (KVM device), which is USB, but I also have access to a couple of Apple USB keyboards and mice. Thanks for your help!

MouseR

The AMD I'm running is quite old. It's the clawhammer version so it only supports SSE2. I'll try to reinstall and see if I see the combo update option. AFAIK, I didn't remember seeing it.

I see ok, after selecting the partion, there is "Customize" button in the Wizard window :blink: There you will find all the patches. Good luck !

How do you apply the ppf1 patch to the 10.4.6 install dvd on Linux?

The patch is applied using a program (included with the patch) called PPF-o-matic. There is a Java version included. Run it and tell it where the 10.4.6 iso is located and where the PPF1 is located and the Java app will patch the iso and create a new iso for you to burn to DVD.

And how can I fix the problem presented in the attatched image?

Read this thread:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=17420

Thanks for the speedy reply!

I read that thread from the link you gave me and from what I gather, its only for the pre-installation process. I should've clarified my case: I already have JaS 10.4.6 installed on a partition (the bit about knowing how to patch the .iso was just for reference purposes) and that screen is what I get when I boot into Mac OSX with "-v."

The only things I can think of are that the packages you selected during installation are wrong or conflicting with your configuration. I would erase and reinstall and think carefully about which packages I select.

Also scan your computer's BIOS to see if anything there might be causing a conflict.

That's all I have.

I'm sure I chose the right packages:

I have an Intel P4 CPU -> 10.4.6 Combo Update

ATI Mobility Radeon -> ATI Mobility Radeon Package

My CPU supports SSE2 -> Intel SSE2 package

I've been in my bios before, it's pretty boring, nothing special at all...what in particular should I be looking for in there?

problems all round.

I have yet to get Mac OSX runing on my pc :'(

My PC:

AMD 3800+ Venice

Asus A8N-E (nForce 4 Ultra)

200GB IDE Seagate

ATI Radeon X800XL 256mb PCI-E

USB Mouse

PS/2 Keyboard

LG DVDRW

I can install JAS's install DVD, but as soon as the installer DVD boots, my keyboard is disabled.

Once JAS is installed using the AMD customizations, it will boot(takes a long time) to a blue screen with the "busy" swirly colour disc icon. Where it will stay indefinitly.

With an older MAC disc I had(10.4.3) it would install(disable keyboard aswell). And would boot up but then I could not go any furthur due to not being able to fill out the registration form(as keyboard is disabled)

But still, even if i were able to, the older disc would not be able to provide me with the necesary drivers for my network/sound/gfx that I need.

What do you suggest is the issue and how do you think I may be able to rectify the situation?

uhm..this dvd install is getting a bit problematic....

well here is my situation

first partition ntfs windows

second partition mac osx

third partition (extended) dapper+dati

actually i first instaleld xp, then ubuntu, then mac osx

i've fixed the the trial boot using grub, and it looks fine, he recognizes all the diff oses, i can boot in winxp or ubuntu without issues.

well, when i try to boot the macos, it start to work for a while with the grey apple, then it stops and i get stucked at the screen with "starting mac osx", and the system hangs out, after 5 mins i reboot cuz nothing seems to happen.so, after the installation i never got to use the macos system

any suggestion?