JaS 10.4.6 Install dvd

domino

297 posts in this topic

Hello,

could anybody please tell me which packets i should select to install. I have an Asus P5LD2-VM with an Intel Pentium D 805. I don´t use onboard sound (disabled) since i have an usb sound blaster which is working with the patch.

Which packets should i install?

I am asking because it only works for me when i install:

-intel base package

-samjaza package

-sse 3 or sse2

-usb sound blaster patch

but then i cant get any cpu informations and the resolution is fixed at 1024/768@60hz, when i only install the base package and sse3 plus usb sound patch i get 85 hz even at the mac osx starting screen (but it is frozen at the start screen....) I don´t even knwo if both cores are used...

I would be very happy if somebody could help me because i have spent very much time and some money to get it running

thanks in advance

I recently installed JaS 10.4.6 install dvd, with Intel subsystem, and Intel SSE3 options, on my Acer Travelmate 8204, installation went fine, but the the system hung at the OSX loading screen during the first boot.

I did a verbose boot and the system froze at the following error messages:

Link/load error occured for kernal extension AudioIPCDriver.kext

Link/load error occured for kernal extension AppleHDA.kext

IOKitWaitQuiet() timed out

Anyone know the fix to this problem?

I recently installed JaS 10.4.6 install dvd, with Intel subsystem, and Intel SSE3 options, on my Acer Travelmate 8204, installation went fine, but the the system hung at the OSX loading screen during the first boot.

I did a verbose boot and the system froze at the following error messages:

Link/load error occured for kernal extension AudioIPCDriver.kext

Link/load error occured for kernal extension AppleHDA.kext

IOKitWaitQuiet() timed out

Anyone know the fix to this problem?

I've the same problem, though for me it's more about AppleIntel8264XEthernet.kext and IOPCardBridge that don't load.

I have also something like this : IOPCardFamily differs from requested version com.apple.iokit,IOPCIFamily.

I have a IBM T42. I've tried with 10.4.6 JaS, 10.4.5 universal intel.amd ss2.ss3 and 10.4.4 that is on the JaS DVD ( i just don't install the upgrade 10.4.4 to 10.4.6).

hmm...

I think I must have gone blind but I can't see anywhere to select the VIASATA, AMD etc. At what point can I customise the install?

I've read about having to select the right boxes etc but I've never seen an option to customise the install, please help!

TIA

Advocate

Which packets should i install?

I am asking because it only works for me when i install:

-intel base package

-samjaza package

-sse 3 or sse2

-usb sound blaster patch

I think you've got it right though perhaps you don't need the samjaza package as I believe it is installed by default for Intel machines withe the Intel base package (I don't recall for sure). You've got an SSE3 chip so forget the SSE2 install though it shouldn't hurt.

As for the resolution, you're going to need to look elsewhere. The 10.4.6 JaS DVD has the good for GMA900 but that's about it.

Take what I say with a grain of salt - I have yet to get my machine working right (though my issue is boot, not install).

I think I must have gone blind but I can't see anywhere to select the VIASATA, AMD etc. At what point can I customise the install?

I've read about having to select the right boxes etc but I've never seen an option to customise the install, please help!

TIA

Advocate

OK after a little bit of reading I've learnt that the options to customise the install are actually in the graphical installer. Which is difficult because I think I need the SATA option and can't get to the customise section until I've chosen a drive and I can't choose a drive until I can choose the SATA option. Catch 22 I think.

Specs are as follows

Abit Fatal1ty A8N-SLi motherboard (nforce4)

2 x Maxtor 200gig SATA hdd's

2 x Pioneer DVR 110 dvd writers

2 x Nvidia 7800GT in SLi

AMD x2 3800+ cpu

Soundblaster X-Fi Fatal1ty soundcard

Disk utility doesn't even see my hard drives :s

Any ideas?

TIA

Advocate

I can't see any setting to emulate ata :)

Looks like I'll have to buy a PATA drive?

Hmmm could always use the 2 x 200gig in my Powermac server and buy a 200 for the PC as PATA, didn't really want to spend any more money though

Aha! Left the PC installing osx with the sse2 rather than sse3 and Eureka when I got home its installed and boots fine!!

Now to see if I can copy the drive over to my sata drives ..... wish me luck!

I've the same problem, though for me it's more about AppleIntel8264XEthernet.kext and IOPCardBridge that don't load.

I have also something like this : IOPCardFamily differs from requested version com.apple.iokit,IOPCIFamily.

I have a IBM T42. I've tried with 10.4.6 JaS, 10.4.5 universal intel.amd ss2.ss3 and 10.4.4 that is on the JaS DVD ( i just don't install the upgrade 10.4.4 to 10.4.6).

hmm...

I solved my problem.

For some unknown reason when I reinstalled JaS 10.4.6 I had a beter result :

- after installation, if I reboot, the DVD still inserted I got a kernel panic

- if I remove the DVD and reboot, I get the famous b0 error.

kernel panic error :

- boot on DVD, once the installer there, open a terminal and copy from the DVD the mach kernel to your HDD

cp /mach_kernel /Volumes/<your HDD>/

(I also copied mach, but I'm not sure it is necessary)

b0 error :

- it doesn't work because your partition is not active, therefore you cannot boot from it.

solution

- boot on DVD, open terminal

- execute diskutil -list and keepnote of your HDD, mine is disk0, the mac os partition is diskos1 on my computer

- execute fdisk on your disk

+ fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0

+ p (display partition)

+ f 1 (will flag the partition 1 as active)

+ write

- reboot and it should be ok.

I hope there is no mistakes, I wrote this by memory.

good luck!

Is there anybody who have succesfully install front row with the enabler of andrew escobar on the Jas OSX 10.4.6 ?

And if yes, what's the method ? I'm a bit dispointed because I've read carrefully the explication, but without any success.

Thanks a lot, and excuse me for my poor english.

and of course thanks to JAS for this DVD

When i install the Jas 10.4.6 OSX everything goes like normal....

But when i'm loggin in for the first time I see the apple background en nothing happens... the one thing that does happen is that i get a full 100% cpu usage :D and then i can only reboot my laptop.

I have a Asus M6Ne

Intel 1.7m

Ati 9700

installed the Intel options and when i try to only install the ati mobility drivers my screen is f***ed up so im forced to install the gma900 drivers :s

anyone got an idea?

ps when i apply the PPL patch on the iso and i boot from the dvd i get inmidiatly an acpi error :/

Damn! Ran through the install no problem but now I get the b0 error, any tips?

I also get this error upon trying my new install for the first time.

although i tried mine on a thinkpad.

anyone know a fix?

also, can someone tell me how to actually specify a SSE2 or an SSE3 install or does it automatically sense your abilities?

I just waited all night for the image to download and I burned it twice and got the same error.. "Error while writing leadout"

The CD will not boot nor is readable in windows. I am so aggrevated, I am just going to start the download over again and hope something goes right.

OK after a little bit of reading I've learnt that the options to customise the install are actually in the graphical installer. Which is difficult because I think I need the SATA option and can't get to the customise section until I've chosen a drive and I can't choose a drive until I can choose the SATA option. Catch 22 I think.

Specs are as follows

Abit Fatal1ty A8N-SLi motherboard (nforce4)

2 x Maxtor 200gig SATA hdd's

2 x Pioneer DVR 110 dvd writers

2 x Nvidia 7800GT in SLi

AMD x2 3800+ cpu

Soundblaster X-Fi Fatal1ty soundcard

Disk utility doesn't even see my hard drives :s

Any ideas?

TIA

Advocate

To support SATA on nForce4 boards, you have to install NF4fix from the disk, also I would like to mention the lack of sata support of NF4 boards by osx86. Support is solved by AppleVIAATA.kext which is open source, and yet so-so working. I would advice you to try installing on ATA drives, especially on something which has big cache size.

Since you have dualcore CPU only install with SSE2 will work, kernel with SSE3 is yet buggy with dualcore. Also I noticed, when I have installed osx with SSE2, after doing first permission repairs and reboot, I have AppleVIAATA.kext unloaded with install error.

Hi,

This is all new to me. I also would like to install OsX on my lappy.

I have a Acer8103 (intel) with ATI X700 mobility card. I've downloaded the JAS 10.4.6 ISO.

Here are my questions

---------------------

1)Do I also need the 'JaS 10.4.6 install dvd ppf (ATI ATA /b0 fix)' patch?

2)Or is the myzar iso 10.4.5 more suitable for my setup (x700card)?

3)If I use the 10.4.6 (jas) can I apply a patch to get my X700 working (korverge - some say that it isn't working?)?

4)Is it ok to burn the iso using nero? (read something about 'macdrive' and 'isoultra'?)

Thanks... I hope that somebody can clear this up for me. I read so much different things.

I solved my problem.

For some unknown reason when I reinstalled JaS 10.4.6 I had a beter result :

- after installation, if I reboot, the DVD still inserted I got a kernel panic

- if I remove the DVD and reboot, I get the famous b0 error.

kernel panic error :

- boot on DVD, once the installer there, open a terminal and copy from the DVD the mach kernel to your HDD

cp /mach_kernel /Volumes/<your HDD>/

(I also copied mach, but I'm not sure it is necessary)

b0 error :

- it doesn't work because your partition is not active, therefore you cannot boot from it.

solution

- boot on DVD, open terminal

- execute diskutil -list and keepnote of your HDD, mine is disk0, the mac os partition is diskos1 on my computer

- execute fdisk on your disk

+ fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0

+ p (display partition)

+ f 1 (will flag the partition 1 as active)

+ write

- reboot and it should be ok.

I hope there is no mistakes, I wrote this by memory.

good luck!

You are the man bodoche!!!

Thanks

I was getting a black screen on reboot... but i noticed that there were no startup disk execept the DVD.

When I saw your code :gathering: ... Nice memory!!

My system is an AMD 4400+ - So I used SSE2 Kernel.

All working very smoothly!!

Now is time to enjoy a warm spring evening here in Lisbon!!

Monday I'll Install Adobe CS2 and compare with an Apple core duo... I'm sure it will be fun...

When i install the Jas 10.4.6 OSX everything goes like normal....

But when i'm loggin in for the first time I see the apple background en nothing happens... the one thing that does happen is that i get a full 100% cpu usage :angry: and then i can only reboot my laptop.

I have a Asus M6Ne

Intel 1.7m

Ati 9700

installed the Intel options and when i try to only install the ati mobility drivers my screen is f***ed up so im forced to install the gma900 drivers :s

anyone got an idea?

ps when i apply the PPL patch on the iso and i boot from the dvd i get inmidiatly an acpi error :/

anyone?