JaS 10.4.6 Install dvd

domino

297 posts in this topic

I do have a question though for anyone who can answer. Why does my 2.4Celeron D show as being 3.06ghz in About This Mac?

My 2.8 P4 shows 3.07 not overclocked. It's always that way since 10.4.4 for some people. Don't worry about. Just don't keep looking at the processor speed :).

I see that the VIAPATA.kext has been added in for nForce users. Not sure if I am updated, but this kext is still highly unstable right?

For those nForce users with their data drives on SATA, install it at your own risk.. :)

Download still finished last night, now seeding for a couple of days!

Since yesterday I uploaded ~8,1GB and still running... :dev:

Will now install JaS 10.4.6 on my Fujitsu Siemens Amilo 3438G and hope that the Via SATA will work

now in a independend installation. VMWare works fine and runs really FAAAAAAST ;):):thumbsup_anim::star_smile:

Will now install JaS 10.4.6 on my hp pavilion dv1315cl but 1 bug

dvd player dont work the screen stay black

my graphic is gma 900

befor the dvd work perfecly

please test the dvd player on gma 900 whit install dvd 10.4.6

all the rest work perfecly

tanks for response

excuse for my english

Ok guys I have just released a ppf for this iso to add ATI ATA support.The new ppf also removes the need for running the amd enabler after the install as it was causing some issues.And some have reported a b0 error so I have fixed that for those users.So if you fit these groups get the new ppf and apply it to the iso before you install

you can find it in the ususal places

JaS.10.4.6.Install.Dvd.PPF1

If im running a intel only chip.. a Hp dc7100 which is almost identical to the original dev box...is it fine just to select the decryp files and the SSe3 only.

When i do that since I dont have a amd usb sound and the other stuff at the end it says install failed try again.

My question is should i just enable it all even though i dont have the rest of it?

Ok guys I have just released a ppf for this iso to add ATI ATA support.The new ppf also removes the need for running the amd enabler after the install as it was causing some issues.And some have reported a b0 error so I have fixed that for those users.So if you fit these groups get the new ppf and apply it to the iso before you install

If this patch is installed for those who aren´t on this group, any problems?

Only to have a "definitive" 10.4.6 DVD.

OMFG Jas IS THE MAN!!!!!

I just installed the original version as I have a non-ATI chipset. My 3.2HT Northwood is SCREAMING fast like never before, it's wicked insaine! The install went great and everything seems to working as well as it did for me under 10.4.5

DO NOT INTALL THE ATI MOBILITY PACKAGE DURING INSTALL!!!!!

I have in fact an M10/M11 9600/9700 128MB in my notebook. It showed up as supported just fine with 10.4.5 but I thought I would try the ATI Mobility bundle that JaS put into the image, BAD IDEA! It furbard everything! Upon initial boot after the install everything was yellow/red/green/blue/etc. blocks and totall unreadable as the bloks were all throughout the screen. I thought I screwed up so I did a complete reinstall again, same problem. so I repeat, if your ATI card worked just fine under other OS X installs, DO NOT INTALL THE ATI MOBILITY PACKAGE.

DO NOT INTALL THE ATI MOBILITY PACKAGE DURING INSTALL!!!!!

I have in fact an M10/M11 9600/9700 128MB in my notebook. It showed up as supported just fine with 10.4.5 but I thought I would try the ATI Mobility bundle that JaS put into the image, BAD IDEA! It furbard everything! Upon initial boot after the install everything was yellow/red/green/blue/etc. blocks and totall unreadable as the bloks were all throughout the screen. I thought I screwed up so I did a complete reinstall again, same problem. so I repeat, if your ATI card worked just fine under other OS X installs, DO NOT INTALL THE ATI MOBILITY PACKAGE.

Yeah that is more for some users with ATI mobility and AMD system that were geting a black screen after the install

If this patch is installed for those who aren´t on this group, any problems?

Only to have a "definitive" 10.4.6 DVD.

JaS, I too would like to have this question answered.

Thanks!

If you dont fit into that group then you dont need the latest ppf

Hi,

Just to check, for those AMD users with the MyZar 10.4.5, you would still need both the initial 10.4.6-Jas PPF and this?

Or would this new JaS.10.4.6.Install.Dvd.PPF1 suffice? Thanks..

Question:

Could I use DiskUtility to create a bootable new partition with the installatioin DVD? or I have to create a new partition with a 10.4.3 first.

I experienced problems with the 10.4.4 patched DVD before.

Thanks!

Hello all,

I'm very new to this scene (installed 10.4.1 last week) so please pardon me if I don't word this right.

I downloaded the 10.4.6 JaS install DVD (and seeded). After verifying the md5 matched, I burned a DVD and tried to install.

My machine is currently set up with my CD Rom as secondary master with my DVD drive as secondary slave.

To get it to boot (to DCD) I just disabled my CD Rom in the bios and 10.4.1 installed perfectly. With 10.4.6 however, I am getting the "Still waiting for boot device".

Any ideas why I would be getting this error now when things went so well with 10.4.1??

Sorry if I left out any critical info, let me know if I can provide any more.

Thanks in advance guys and I really admire the people bringing us these wonderful advancements!!!

I downloaded JaS's 10.4.6 Install DVD and installed it. But my Mobility x600 don't work. :-( I can't change desktop resultsion. Who release the simple "patch.ati.mobility.radeon.pkg"? :-) Because I don't able to hexedit the kexts. My English is little.

HP Pavilion ZD8000

Thanks.

perfect 10.4.6 installation here.

3.00ghz P4 Northwood (SSE 2)

ASUS P4P8T

1024mb Corsair xms

Radeon 9600 Pro GFX

although i don't appear to have any sound, just got the onboard p4p8t sound card