JaS 10.4.6 Install dvd

domino

297 posts in this topic

I downloaded JaS's 10.4.6 Install DVD and installed it. But my Mobility x600 don't work. :-( I can't change desktop resultsion. Who release the simple "patch.ati.mobility.radeon.pkg"? :-) Because I don't able to hexedit the kexts. My English is little.

HP Pavilion ZD8000

Thanks.

Its not for resolutions,there is no support to change res or refresh yet to the public.its for compatablility with your radeon mobility to have CI/QE support in 10.4.6,as some users were reporting they lost CI and QE in 10.4.6

Its not for resolutions,there is no support to change res or refresh yet to the public.its for compatablility with your radeon mobility to have CI/QE support in 10.4.6,as some users were reporting they lost CI and QE in 10.4.6

Ok, thanks.

I enabled CI/QE. Works fine. But my big problme is the resultsions... :-(

Hi

Can't instal on my Clevo D900t with promise fasttrak 376. On usb disk works fine. Ati mobility x800 with no problems (only 1600x1200 not original 1920x1200). Is that normal if the frequency for fsb is 100mhz and for ram 66mhz? JaS any support for promise in the future?

Tnx

Hi, I have try to install Jas 10.4.6 from scratch on my Sony s2xp (aka s270 or s260 in US I think) and it stay on the first apple screen, with the flower under the apple...

My laptop is a Centrino 1.8 / 1go ram / 60go IDE

Is there any patches or ppf that I can apply to the 10.4.6.install.dvd.iso to make it work ? and where can I find them ?

Thanks

I got this working on my PC through VMware but after installing (chose all options in Setup) the thing boots up with a command line interface before reachign OS X (i.e. no Gray apple screen. Once login window appears its GUI) Also it says that the AC97 extensions cannot be loaded?

BUT the DVD hangs when the blue screen for installer loads natively without VMware. Very strange. P4 840 dual core, 2GB ram, 945 chipset, GMA950 or X800XL depending on what I use. Once I get the blue screen and spinning wheel after a few seconds a black screen with the command prompt blinking thing stays at the top left. Any ideas?

First thank Jas !

Then I might be silly but somethinf remains ununderstandable to me : I'm trying to make a 10.4.6 install DVD using 1) Myzar's 10.4.4 DVD + 2) Myzar's 10.4.4 to 10.4.5 patch + 3) Jas' 10.4.6 ppf. Up to this point, no problem.

BUT willing to get the last and most stable stuff, I also try to apply Jas' new ppf (so called PPF1). And I cannot figure out wether I must apply it instead of Jas' first ppf (aka alternative step 3)) or apply both of them (aka step 3) + new step 4)).

In fact, I already tried the second way and it gives me an unbootable DVD with data errors but I keep wondering wether my 10.4.5 DVD is corrupted (althrough it's been working ok so far) or I do not follow the right path to achieve my goal.

Thanks by advance for helping me to solve this (minor, I agree) issue.

Hi, I have try to install Jas 10.4.6 from scratch on my Sony s2xp (aka s270 or s260 in US I think) and it stay on the first apple screen, with the flower under the apple...

My laptop is a Centrino 1.8 / 1go ram / 60go IDE

Is there any patches or ppf that I can apply to the 10.4.6.install.dvd.iso to make it work ? and where can I find them ?

Thanks

Nevermind.. It was my dvd+rw that was not ok.. So I can now launch the setup but still no suppot for my keyboard and mouse.. bad luck but there was no great hope for this to be fixed...

First thank Jas !

Then I might be silly but somethinf remains ununderstandable to me : I'm trying to make a 10.4.6 install DVD using 1) Myzar's 10.4.4 DVD + 2) Myzar's 10.4.4 to 10.4.5 patch + 3) Jas' 10.4.6 ppf. Up to this point, no problem.

BUT willing to get the last and most stable stuff, I also try to apply Jas' new ppf (so called PPF1). And I cannot figure out wether I must apply it instead of Jas' first ppf (aka alternative step 3)) or apply both of them (aka step 3) + new step 4)).

In fact, I already tried the second way and it gives me an unbootable DVD with data errors but I keep wondering wether my 10.4.5 DVD is corrupted (althrough it's been working ok so far) or I do not follow the right path to achieve my goal.

Thanks by advance for helping me to solve this (minor, I agree) issue.

you are going to make a big coaster, you can't mix ppf from different isos , you either get my first dvd and apply ppf4 or get Jas dvd and apply his ppf1

I downloaded the iso and i installed it.. but still have to use external monitor ;x I have a GMA900 and i installed the patch from the cd and everything -=/ Any fixes? Help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

One question, is anyone still seeding? I'm at 46.8% and i have 19hours left. I'm going to seed this once it's finished but I just need to know if people are seeding so I won't have to be stuck at a certain percentage. I'll be seeding for another 2 days for people who need it (if i finish), so please seed! :(

PS: I'm downloading from TPB.

ok this is the last time ill say this so I hope all you amd users are watching.I used 4 Amd testers and 4 Intel testers in my irc channel for this release and they all got 100% working installs just by folowing the instructions.

get this from the Demon

JaS 10.4.6 install dvd ppf to be applied to the JaS 10.4.6 install dvd.

If you have AMD and dont want to run the amd enabler after the install , Have a ATI ATA Controller or got the b0 error when installing this iso please get this ppf and add it to the iso before you burn it

can I get this ppf anywhere else?

ok this is the last time ill say this so I hope all you amd users are watching.I used 4 Amd testers and 4 Intel testers in my irc channel for this release and they all got 100% working installs just by folowing the instructions.

get this from the Demon

JaS 10.4.6 install dvd ppf to be applied to the JaS 10.4.6 install dvd.

If you have AMD and dont want to run the amd enabler after the install , Have a ATI ATA Controller or got the b0 error when installing this iso please get this ppf and add it to the iso before you burn it

Hi,

I just installed JaS 10.4.6 release. Everything went fine, but I cannot get anymore QE/CI. I have an ATI Radeon Mobility X600 and generally I use the kovergh patch to enable it to replace my Dev ID (3150) into the the ATI driver bin. I tryed to replace manually with hexedit, but when I boot I got a scrambled screen.

I choose to install the ati mobility patch during the installation. Maybe this can lead to my problems? Can I undo the patch without reinstalling everything?

Thanks in advance

Hey guys.

This might sound like a stupid question, but how do I get the installer to see my HDD ? I have an 80GB Maxtor free just for OSX. With diskpart I've created one primary partition with id=af and set it active. Still, the installer doesn't "see" it. I remember that with 10.4.3 I had the same problem, but somehow fixed it by fiddling with the installer's disk utility. Now, on the other hand, I can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated :pirate2:

Thanks.

Installed on JaS 10.4.6 (patched) on Sony VAIO VGN-S360 (PM 1.7, Ati 9700 mobility, Soundmax), with support for trackpad and keyboard on installation DVD, but then several issues on first HD boot:

1) no trackpad and keyboard support - ApplePS2Keyboard and ApplePS2Mouse streams timed out, no mention of loading ApplePS2Trackpad; -s leads to prompt, but unable to type

2) garbled graphics in normal boot mode; graphics with a few artifacts with -x

3) functioning USB keyboard and mouse when plugged in

4) scoured the board for hours this morning, trying everything under the sun; inserting the kextload/unload for ApplePS2Keyboard restores some keyboard function on GUI, but no on -s; have not seen trackpad function since installation

5) no way to disable USB keyboard/mouse under limited Phoenix bios

6) OS freezes after 10 minutes of inactivity

Just wondering if anyone has gotten the trackpad working with the Sony S-series VAIO notebooks?

Hi Bunapi, seems that we sony vaio user are not very lucky and for the moment there is not even the beginning of a solution for keyboard/mouse non functionning issue... I'm very desapointted by this situation and wonder if somebody with kext edit skills will find some ways to make it work. Freeze after 10 minutes remind me opengl drivers issue with the screensaver...

Question though, do you have sound with 10.4.6 ?

Hey all,

I have burned JaS's iso, it can boot, but right when I get the first apple, the screen becomes gray from top to the botton is a few seconds, and the setup tells me to restart. There's no way around it it seems... :blink:

I checked the favious posts about this, but maybe it's a new bug with this ISO.

I have a P4 2.4G, ss2 enabled. Nvidia card, M-audio, 1G ram.

What I'll try to do in a few minutes is unpluging my XP drive, and try to install with the other one...

If someone knows the answer to this, please, do share it.

Off to trying it once more :construction:

Edit: took a screen of the -V in case that could help :angel:

img04800rf.th.jpg

Edit 2: Checked with the wiki, my Audio card is compatible, my motherboard is too, graphic card too... :thumbsdown_anim:

Hey guys,

I just released a PPF that will update Myzar's 10.4.5 to JaS' 10.4.6.

Thanks! Downloading now. Just got Myzar's 10.4.5 installed today on my Compaq Evo w6000 Dual 2.4Ghz Xeon. Works like a charm, but no sound and my resolution is stuck at 1024x768. Maybe 10.4.6 will solve those issues...

[uPDATE] Got my sound to work - yanked the card and went with the onboard flavor. Also installed the MacVidia drivers and resolved my resolution issue :thumbsdown_anim:

Thanks! Downloading now. Just got Myzar's 10.4.5 installed today on my Compaq Evo w6000 Dual 2.4Ghz Xeon. Works like a charm, but no sound and my resolution is stuck at 1024x768. Maybe 10.4.6 will solve those issues...

res is easy to fix with modding your com.apple.boot.plist file by adding something similar to this

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x1024x32</string>