10.5.6 Released!

pauℓzurrr.

809 posts in this topic

Since there seems to be some confusion -

Those using Voodoo kernel do NOT need any DSDT patch, nor do they need to worry about AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

Is this true for AMD users as well? I have the voodoo kernel on my AMD rig working perfectly. Am I ok to update through Software Update?

Thanks!

Your welcome too bad I don't get lag at all here going to try the other one posted in a little while to see if it gets rid of the corruption I get when the graphics starts/I let monitor go to sleep will post back with the results.

U're using exactly same EFI strings as I'm using - original MacPro 8800GT. Problem will be elsewhere ;)

I presently have 10.5.5 with the voodoo kernel release 1 as i cant use vanilla. I have a Pentium D 805 2.66 Ghz CPU and a Gigabyte Mobo GA-EG31MF-S2. Everything is working with 10.5.5. Can I update to 10.5.6 without the PC_EFI 9 and the DSDT Patching because Azimuth has been successful without all that. If anyone has tried on a similar system or can advise, please do. ;)

U're using exactly same EFI strings as I'm using - original MacPro 8800GT. Problem will be elsewhere :wacko:

Yeah that is what I thought damn I like letting my monitors sleep guess it is turning them off until I figure it out, the other string posted did nothing for me expect loose CI/QE when used.

U're using exactly same EFI strings as I'm using - original MacPro 8800GT. Problem will be elsewhere :wacko:

I have this in log system when i click monitor in preferences (have 8800 gt)

screenzh2.png

Drivers or something else are not install well (sorry for my english)

ALL OK with my internet "Hack" iMAC station, I had to update ps2 keyboard.kext, i need to update my ISO 132 Kext collection with new PS2 drivers (only for my Asrock 1333 DHVI)...hehe!

Still not update it in to my daw but SURELY 100% it works also in my asus p5w dh deluxe, also because i use alluminum keyboard via USB!

u dont need to put appleintelcpupower.. to Extra, just kextload it before starting update or install to /S/L/E , or, bets way - install this kext to Extra - http://www.mediafire.com/?a3txucdnnam , u will never need to care about appleintelcpu then.

Is that AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext you link to the same as the one from 10.5.5? If so, I already have that on my /Extra/Extensions folder, along with the PMDisabler kext. Also I have PC_EFI v9 and did the DSDT Patcher (leaving that dsdt.aml on my / ). Am I good to go for 10.5.6?

I am on 10.5.4 iAtkos with Stock kernel, If i run 10.5.6 (377mb) it gives warning on OSx86 partition and wont install. So what update do i run first? and should i install Voodoo kernel ? cause if i run 10.5.5 updater it will crash system when updating (around 35%)

I am on 10.5.4 iAtkos with Stock kernel, If i run 10.5.6 (377mb) it gives warning on OSx86 partition and wont install. So what update do i run first? and should i install Voodoo kernel ? cause if i run 10.5.5 updater it will crash system when updating (around 35%)

You need to get the combo updater to update 10.5.4 to .6

I download the combo 10.5.6 update from Apple's website and tried the stand-alone update method. Here's what I find:

-If using Vanilla kernel, I have to load PCEFI9+ DSDT patch to make it work.

-If using 10.5.5 VooDoo kernel, I merely update using stand-alone or update service and it works without a glitch. Evidentally, VooDoo kernel is doing exactly as its developers said it would- blocking the offending kexts.

My motherboard is so Vanilla friendly but I still like the VooDoo kernel. I think there's so much future riding on it. So far it passed the 10.5.6 test with flying colors. Next test would be Snow Leopard.

Other thoughts: Now that Apple has gone Nvidia way, Vanilla-friendly motherboards may be the thing of the past excpet for those who are not into overcloking and willing to live with MicroATX boards. But this will null the advancement in newer chipsets such as Q/G/P35, P45, X48, X58, etc. So all of a sudden, VooDoo kernels look very promising to be a universal kernel in the hackintosh world.

Edit:

Me three. GA-P35-DS3R Rev 1.0. I can shutdown OOB, and restart with the addtion of an OpenHaltRestart kext, but I can't sleep. Someone posted a mispackaged copy of OpenHaltRestart 1.0.3 that does fix my rebooting problems once corrected, but nothing fixes the sleep problems. Installing PC Wiz's old patched AppleACPIPlatform kext from 10.5.4 would probably do the trick, but it's not really an ideal way to go.

Even Old patched AppleACPIPlatform.kext does not fix the problem( Fails to wake-up from sleep instead restarts)

When 10.5.6 started in safe mode ( it does wake up from sleep without problem even with openhaltrestart)

Even Old patched AppleACPIPlatform.kext does not fix the problem( Fails to wake-up from sleep instead restarts)

When 10.5.6 started in safe mode ( it does wake up from sleep without problem even with openhaltrestart)

so we need someone to patch the 10.5.6 kext, right? :(

Updated, everything is working except: no sleep, no firewire in system profile.

Retail, Efi v9 + Dstd + just 4 extensions in Extra folder - Apple Decrypt, Disabler, SMBIOSResolver, OpenHaltRestart (I'm using USB keyboard, USB mouse and USB M-Audio fast track)

I have no lag or any other problems with 8800GT, so I don't think that is connected to efi strings.

Today I'll test two more workstations with Nvidia cards.

Post 280?

What do you mean by 280?

Are you on AHCI mode?

Yes, I am in AHCI.

Retail DVD install with Boot 132 generic.iso. No other modifications needed with 10.5.5 updated from Software Update.

My machine was working fine with 10.5.5.

I download the combo 10.5.6 update from Apple's website and tried the stand-alone update method. Here's what I find:

-If using Vanilla kernel, I have to load PCEFI9+ DSDT patch to make it work.

-If using 10.5.5 VooDoo kernel, I merely update using stand-alone or update service and it works without a glitch. Evidentally, VooDoo kernel is doing exactly as its developers said it would- blocking the offending kexts.

My motherboard is so Vanilla friendly but I still like the VooDoo kernel. I think there's so much future riding on it. So far it passed the 10.5.6 test with flying colors. Next test would be Snow Leopard.

Other thoughts: Now that Apple has gone Nvidia way, Vanilla-friendly motherboards may be the thing of the past excpet for those who are not into overcloking and willing to live with MicroATX boards. But this will null the advancement in newer chipsets such as Q/G/P35, P45, X48, X58, etc. So all of a sudden, VooDoo kernels look very promising to be a universal kernel in the hackintosh world.

That indeed sounds quite promising. And I couldn't agree more with your observation on the future being VooDoo. But with regard to the issue at hand, have you noticed any problems reported by other board members? Any information/insight you could provide regarding your rig/update process would be highly helpful.

Since there seems to be some confusion -

Those using Voodoo kernel do NOT need any DSDT patch, nor do they need to worry about AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

Back from sleep...

Ok.. i was not sure about AppleRTC.kext (it's not on documentation) but, here is the confirmation! Straight from developer...

The last XNU Voodoo has some nasty kexts blacklisted, that's the reason why i don't need DSDT patch.

XNU Voodoo kernel is the future for OSx86!!! It works with Intel/AMD.

Even if your cpu supports vanilla, TRY IT! you'll maybe surprised, in a good way :P

XNU Voodoo site

Thread

Everything works great except now when I try to open DMG files. It kernel panics. Using latest Voodoo Kernel. Dell Dimension 5150. Pentium D 3.2.

same. uphuck said to edit appl.boot list but it had "mach_kernel.voodoo" there, not custom and i edited it to "mach_kernel" , it just would boot then . i had to wipe it out.

So i am off doing update to 10.5.6 now, the Combo update is crawling at 10kb :P . lets see.

Everything works great except now when I try to open DMG files. It kernel panics. Using latest Voodoo Kernel. Dell Dimension 5150. Pentium D 3.2.

Use 10.5.5 Seatbelt.kext :P

Update went relatively smoothly for me. Running a EFI partition with the BOOT-1-2-3 and some other kexts, and a mostly retail install.

Did the update from system update, machine quit and did the install, booted up, and then restarted again. Everything came up fine, except for audio, which was patched.

I use efi strings for video and ethernet.