10.5.6 Released!

pauℓzurrr.

809 posts in this topic

I think I'm having a bit of a stupid moment... where can I get PM disabler that Netkas refers to on his site?

..."IMPORTANT UPDATE: after fixing dsdt and before installing 10.5.6, you HAVE to install either PM disabler or Appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext from 10.5.5..."

TIA

no luck with me on this...

i updated without the DSDT patch and the machine reboots but no mouse keyboard on login screen..

even tried safe mode but no results..

does this mean i have to reinstall? is there a way to recover

running iDeneb 10.5.5 on a compaq C302NR

- update will sure install new kernel. for iatkos 5i pcefi9 systems custom kernel is named as "custom" on your root, you can switch to stock kernel by modifying com.apple.Boot.plist

- my msi s262 laptop also can run 10.5.6 without dsdt override on stock kernel, but as i see most configurations need that.

Well.. you guys don't seem to read my posts so, i'm geting the hell out of here and get on with my life.

If anyone needs my humble "noob" help just pm me.

Good luck to you all :D

I think I'm having a bit of a stupid moment... where can I get PM disabler that Netkas refers to on his site?

..."IMPORTANT UPDATE: after fixing dsdt and before installing 10.5.6, you HAVE to install either PM disabler or Appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext from 10.5.5..."

TIA

I'm not sure of which file he is referring to on his post, I'm attaching my own IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext to this post - I took it straight out of my /Extra/Extensions folder. Not sure if it's the same thing as the one he is talking about, but hey, just trying to help.

Also, if anyone can help me with my issue on Post #176 in Page 9 I'd greatly appreciate it.

IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext.zip

- update will sure install new kernel. for iatkos 5i pcefi9 systems custom kernel is named as "custom" on your root, you can switch to stock kernel by modifying com.apple.Boot.plist

- my msi s262 laptop also can run 10.5.6 without dsdt override on stock kernel, but as i see most configurations need that.

well. i installed 10.5.5 iAtkos dvd on my desktop and then used 10.5.6 update file. it still didnt remove voodoo rc kernel :wacko:http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...093&st=160#

and I just installed Voodoo 10.5.5 final kernel, still if i try to click on dmg file, it gives new Voodoo kernel panic, all kernel panic messages with transparent background showing desktop (which is hung).

I downloaded the 377MB file from Apple.com and installed it on my computer. All went well. I had to reinstall the sound files (889a), but other than that, everything works fine. Booting seems to take a little longer, but I usually leave the computer asleep, so it is unclear to me if that is really happening or not.

I have an GA-EP45-DS3R configured as below in my signature. I have had problems with restart/reboot, I just haven't invested time to fix it.

I finally got 10.5.6 working on iDeneb 10.5.5 vanilla on Asus 5pb Plus by following these two guides:

Follow the instructions from Here http://insanelymac.blogspot.com/2008/12/pr...pdating-to.html AND here, http://netkas.org/?p=78

The problem was I had to have the IntelCpuPowerManagemet kernel extension Disabled and available from 10.5.5 to avoid the kernel panic during install.

What's Broken in 10.5.6:

Time machine is broken with the following Issue:

"Time Machine could not be configured. The built-in network interface could not be found."

What's Broken in 10.5.6:

Time machine is broken with the following Issue:

"Time Machine could not be configured. The built-in network interface could not be found."

Copy the file contained in the attachment into the /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/MacOS/ directory over-writing the one already there then as root in Terminal.

rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/Caches
rm -r /System/Library/Caches
rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

Reboot then hit the F8 key when the drive starts to be accessed to get to the Darwin boot loader to type in then enter key -f to force the reloading/caching of all .kext on the system it should now work.

IONetworkingFamily.zip

Ok, thanks to the #osx86 IRC i found the solution to the Time Machine problem for those who have issues after 10.5.6 Upgrade.

If you have Time Machine setup and after the 10.5.6 update get this Error with time machine:

Here is the FIX:

-Download EFIStudio (http://spotlight.hopto.org/osx86/EFIStudio.zip)

-Run EFIStudio

-change 'device' to ethernet

-Click Add Device

- Click write to com.apple.boot.plist

-reboot.

The problem should be fixed :)

Copy the file contained in the attachment into the /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/MacOS/ directory over-writing the one already there then as root in Terminal.

rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/Caches
 rm -r /System/Library/Caches
 rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

Reboot then hit the F8 key when the drive starts to be accessed to get to the Darwin boot loader to type in then enter key -f to force the reloading/caching of all .kext on the system it should now work.

Oh thank you ;) ... I found the alternate solution but thanks for the tip.

uphuck you're a genius...i know for many ppl this can be obiouvs, but not for me...

I had same problem cuz installed iatkos with voodoo, infact updater right installed vanilla 9.6.0 as mach_kernel, but as u said com.apple.Boot.plist

had still "custom" attribute, while updater did it full update 10.5.6 and Boot.plist still loaded old voodoo cuz this "custom".

For ALL with iATKOS 5i update to 10.5.6 without problem from official apple updater, no risk (except audio in some case u need re-patch or other common things)..then remember edit your com.appl.Boot.plist from "custom" to "mach_kernel" manually, or you will not able install any .dmg cuz you are running kernel (old voodoo 10.5.5 named "custom") with fresh new System.kext 10.5.6.

so thx again for this great hint uphuck!