10.5.6 Released!

pauℓzurrr.

809 posts in this topic

Thanks Azimut,

I will try this one.

EDIT : Did not work :)

Can't help you much.. i don't have laptop.

All i can do is search.. :D

Edit:

Maybe you'll have to wait for a solution.. can't find nothing more recent.

Hmmmm using voodoo 9.5.0 kernel, DSDT patched for asus P5W DH deluxe, q6600, ati HD3650 512 mb. pc efi v9

System boots all the way to where the blue screen is just before the login window is displayed, but then goes to a black screen with the mouse cursor

Boots in safe mode... must be a dodgy kext right?

BTW in this update /System/Install At Startup/ has been (re)moved, and it looks like dont steal mac os x .kext did rear its ugly head but then again I am using voodoo. so any help in identifying which if any kexts or what has happened to my Leopard would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Ash

EDIT forget to say I went from Kalyway 10.5.1 - 10.5.2 to .3 to .5 all fine. Just 10.5.6 update not happy

finally got done updating :D

leo4allv3 10.5.2 --> 10.5.5 combo update --> chameleon/dsdt patch --> 10.5.6

kernel: Darwin Kernel Version 9.6.0: Mon Nov 24 17:37:00 PST 2008; root:xnu-1228.9.59~1/RELEASE_I386

restored a few kexts from 10.5.5 to get things working again

-AppleACPIPlatform -> for keyboard/touchpad

-AppleIntelIntergratedFramebuffer -> intel gma950 (still artifacts :D )

-PowerManagement.bundle -> battery icon/power settings

-AppleSMBIOS -> "about this mac" logged me off automagically :)

picture1hr5.th.png

^ sekret serial lol?

software update no longer works -.-

I suggest everyone go to apple.com and download the combo update just in case. If you check the macrumors 10.5.6 thread, people have been complaining about the software update having issues.

Later,

-Stell

Yap.. i'm begining to suspect that. That's why i already got combo.. i see people talking about kernel 9.6.0 but, the update didn't installed any kernel to me. Thanks for the tip.

Does any of you tried sleep/wake after updating to 10.5.6 ?! I have problems with mouse and windows hanging and overall performance - but only after sleep -> wake (regardless of using DSDT or not).

You made me find a bug. I sleep/wake fine but, after wake i get (see pic) and i have problems rebooting/shutdown. It can only be the keyboard/mouse.. i disconnected the usb drive and bug still happens.

No problems with performance, just that "thing".

Not really important to me..

Think i'm going to restore to before update and try with Combo.

I updated to 10.5.6 successfully but I found a problem.

When itunes is playing, I found the mouse moment is not smooth

for example I move the mouse from left to right/right to left across the screen horizontally, the cursor will jump for some certain of short distance movement.

Any other experience this problem too ?

Sorry for my bad English.

for example I move the mouse from left to right/right to left across the screen horizontally, the cursor will jump for some certain of short distance movement.

No problems here...

Hi.

How can we get Hardware & Memory information back in "About this MAc \ More informations" ??

Thanks a lot.

Try this: AppleSMBIOSEFI for Tiger and Leopard - InsanelyMac Forum

Well.. time for my beauty sleep :wacko:

Guys, beware of DSDT.. it's causing problems to some people.

See ya later.....

YEP - this was the problem I was experiencing as well... Seems that more people will have that issue after update.

Finally got it resolved by removing DSDT and installing my custom kexts incl. SMBIOSEnabler.kext with customized information in it (I've put there my unique SN and Boot ROM version). So far my system is running like before 10.5.6 - with sleep S3 fully working and also with correct CPU info in sys. profiler (2,4ghz) and without mouse and windows lags after waking from sleep. :-) Good luck !

UPDATE: Based on this experience I've decided to create 2 "packages" of kexts for my hidden EFI partition. First one (incl. DSDT) for trouble - free SW updates and 2nd one for real life - since this is the purpose of having OS X, right ? :wacko:

Updated here, with the result that my sound card stopped working. (ALC883, I believe).

Followed the netkas-instructions, and it updated beautifully with dsdt and efi v9.

Anyone have any idea of how to fix my sound? Have tried the Taruga_ad1988b_rev4_installer, witch worked in 10.5.5 to get sound in working, but then again - in 10.5.5 the sound card was working without any problems.

I have uninstalled dsdt, removed the appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext, downloaded and installed alcinject.kext and (prepatched) appleac97audio.kext (witch I didn't have in my extensions-folder...)

Have also reverted to the old applesmbios.kext to get system profiler working.

Restored the AppleHDA from 10.5.4, witch was the only backup I had locally. If anyone could post the 10.5.5-kext, that would be most helpful.

Regards,

Svein J.

YEP - this was the problem I was experiencing as well... Seems that more people will have that issue after update.

Finally got it resolved by removing DSDT and installing my custom kexts incl. SMBIOSEnabler.kext with customized information in it (I've put there my unique SN and Boot ROM version). So far my system is running like before 10.5.6 - with sleep S3 fully working and also with correct CPU info in sys. profiler (2,4ghz) and without mouse and windows lags after waking from sleep. :-) Good luck !

Could you give me more information about fixing this problem ?

Since I'm using a patched chameleon boot loader, should I revert back to non-patched chameleon boot loader ?

Could you give me more information about fixing this problem ?

Since I'm using a patched chameleon boot loader, should I revert back to non-patched chameleon boot loader ?

Place working SMBIOSEnabler.kext into your Extensions folder and reboot (if you are using S/L/E you have to repair permissions and delete kext cache before rebooting).

UPDATE: Based on this experience I've decided to create 2 "packages" of kexts for my hidden EFI partition. First one (incl. DSDT) for trouble - free SW updates and 2nd one for real life - since this is the purpose of having OS X, right ? ;)

Updated here, with the result that my sound card stopped working. (ALC883, I believe).

Followed the netkas-instructions, and it updated beautifully with dsdt and efi v9.

Anyone have any idea of how to fix my sound? Have tried the Taruga_ad1988b_rev4_installer, witch worked in 10.5.5 to get sound in working, but then again - in 10.5.5 the sound card was working without any problems.

I have uninstalled dsdt, removed the appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext, downloaded and installed alcinject.kext and (prepatched) appleac97audio.kext (witch I didn't have in my extensions-folder...)

Have also reverted to the old applesmbios.kext to get system profiler working.

Restored the AppleHDA from 10.5.4, witch was the only backup I had locally. If anyone could post the 10.5.5-kext, that would be most helpful.

Regards,

Svein J.

I have AD1988b chip also on a p5k-e mobo and using Taruga_AD1988b_installer_rev4 worked for me ... Anyway I attached both versions of AppleHDA.kext for you (10.5.5 and 10.5.6 both patched allready ) even if the version reported by info is the same on both 1.2.4a21 ,and the Taruga installer used by me

Good Luck

AppleHDAKext10.5.5.zip

AppleHDAKext10.5.6.zip

Taruga_ADI1988b_Installer.zip

Place working SMBIOSEnabler.kext into your Extensions folder and reboot (if you are using S/L/E you have to repair permissions and delete kext cache before rebooting).

UPDATE: Based on this experience I've decided to create 2 "packages" of kexts for my hidden EFI partition. First one (incl. DSDT) for trouble - free SW updates and 2nd one for real life - since this is the purpose of having OS X, right ? ;)

Few more questions to ask

1. Extensions folder refer to /Extra/Extensions or /System/Library/Extensions ?

2. what is S/L/E ?

3. should I use a non-patched DSDT chameleon boot loader ?

Could anyone who updated to 10.5.6 post a picture of his system profiler's firewire section? (With no firewire devices attached at all) Thank you

Or at least tell me if there says: No firewire slots detected (or something like that)

Could anyone who updated to 10.5.6 post a picture of his system profiler's firewire section? (With no firewire devices attached at all) Thank you

Or at least tell me if there says: No firewire slots detected (or something like that)

Here you go... (see pic attached)

Few more questions to ask

1. Extensions folder refer to /Extra/Extensions or /System/Library/Extensions ?

2. what is S/L/E ?

3. should I use a non-patched DSDT chameleon boot loader ?

1. Placing it into /Extra/Extensions should be fine.

2. S/L/E = /System/Library/Extensions (abbreviation)

3. It depends. If you are able to run the system after update without issues even with DSDT you can keep the patched loader. Mine is not working with DSDT correctly - Although I'm using Munky's "hidden EFI" method of installation.

post-140402-1229429023_thumb.png

Here you go... (see pic attached)

1. Placing it into /Extra/Extensions should be fine.

2. S/L/E = /System/Library/Extensions (abbreviation)

3. It depends. If you are able to run the system after update without issues even with DSDT you can keep the patched loader. Mine is not working with DSDT correctly - Although I'm using Munky's "hidden EFI" method of installation.

I have the SMBIOSEnabler.kext put in /Extra/Extensions and replace patched chameleon with existing non-patched chameleon boot loader. After system restart, the mouse still lag when itunes is running :)