10.5.6 Released!

pauℓzurrr.

809 posts in this topic

Im rockin the 10.5.6 off of BlackCHs XxX 10.5.5 PPF2 disc. I did the combo update after reading around, I saved my seatbelt.kext from 10.5.5 and some other random kexts, but that seems to be the important one. On reboot (and second reboot) my sound was dead, but just installed a new alcinject and AppleHDA kext and all is swell. I can mount DMGs, sound seems good, net seems good, display is good with EFI strings. It will take time to see whether or not I still have the ethernet/sound corruption problem that causes them to die after a bit of use, but everything seems as good at least as it was in 10.5.5, maybe better.

This thread is very helpful!

Edit: USB is workin for mouse and keyboard, but not mounting any usb flash drives i plug in, might just need another reboot or more likely just need to reinstall Slice's USB kexts, will test that out in a bit

Woot!!! Succes, yeah!

1) I followed the steps of this guide: http://insanelymac.blogspot.com/2008/12/pr...pdating-to.html

2) I added Disabler.kext to my extensions (with kexthelper)

3) Downloaded stand alone update from apple.com and installed the update.

4) Rebooted twice and restored kexts to install audio and video :wacko:.

Also, i don't have any problems with about this mac :s ?

aboutthismac10.5.6479.png

Woot!!! Succes, yeah!

1) I followed the steps of this guide: http://insanelymac.blogspot.com/2008/12/pr...pdating-to.html

2) I added Disabler.kext to my extensions (with kexthelper)

3) Downloaded stand alone update from apple.com and installed the update.

4) Rebooted twice and restored kexts to install audio and video :censored2:.

Also, i don't have any problems with about this mac :s ?

aboutthismac10.5.6479.png

what hardware specs do you have?.. MB, processor, video, etc...

Checked my iChat and it crashes at start... tryed to install it with Pacifist from Combo 10.5.5/6, doesn't solve the problem. The app icon does't show, only the paper leafs/pencils (whatever) show.

I don't use it (for now) so, off with it.

Think i'm going to update my retail with INSTAHackintosh and do a clean install on the test partition.

So far i only have a minor USB problem after sleep/wake (that i don't use)..

Got some improvement in audio.. now i have digital in/out on System Prefs, though the "in" says it's Optical when it's SPDIF. And i got some "pink noise" on mic in... it's a start ;)

It is the same one you get from the EFIStudio I believe but here is a com.apple.Boot.plist which contains it.

Hmm that is different than mine which starts with 6d05.... may have to try it sometime today.

I tried your EFI String. Display not fully functional

resolution turned to 1024x576, recgonised only 32MB, no CI, no QE

when itunes or quicktime is running, no mouse lag at all but when moving windows the windows decloration mess up

I tried your EFI String. Display not fully functional

resolution turned to 1024x576, recgonised only 32MB, no CI, no QE

when itunes or quicktime is running, no mouse lag at all but when moving windows the windows decloration mess up

Strange it works for me and many other people it is for an 8800gt 512mb like in Mac Pro. Is this what you have?

Hello all. I just updated my box.

The specs:

Intel D975XBX2 Motherboard

Quadcore 6600 cpu

9800gtx+ video card

I had my video card working using string in boot file. Did nothing to it from 10.5.5. It was still working after update. Had to reinstall AppleHDA from backup. What I did was update boot to v9. Downloaded the update from apple (377 size). I ran the don't steal this mac script. Don't think it was needed though. Ran update and rebooted. It rebooted again on it own and the desktop came up with no other problems. I didn't do the anything else. Running vanilla kernel.

10.5.5 to 10.5.6 on P35-DS3L using pcwiz's UInstaller,

After update, 2 reboots and everything is fine except wake from sleep. The usb mouse and keyboard would lag and eventually freeze with or without dsdt.

Now the :( part.

I loaded fail safe bios settings and now the computer goes into hibernation even tho ACPI bios setting is on S3(STR)......BUT wake now works..no mouse or keyboard lag. Again with or withou dsdt.

Reverted back to previous bios settings used from weaksauce12's guide (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=112708) and all is well. Still the computer goes into hibernation but it works.

Worked great (I posted in error as a new topic)

P5W DH Deluxe with x1900xtx vid card... Q6600 quad core 4 gb ram - wifi still not working, though...

Everything working well - but WHY are the drive icons orange?? They aren't on my other macs...

:(