10.5.6 Released!

pauℓzurrr.

809 posts in this topic

Just updated BUT after the second reboot my NIC (RTL8169) didn't work anymore.

In "System Preferences/Network" it shows with a red point (it's off) and there's no way to make it active...

After some experiments, I deleted my dsdt.aml from / and reboot: leo 10.5.6 works ok now with all network cards working.

So it's normal that it works without dsdt patch and that dsdt.aml switch off my NIC?

(ps: compiling dsdt.aml there was only 1 warning and no errors)

specs in my sig.

Interesting. Are you using any shutdown/restart/sleep fixes? I just tested my system and here's what I found:

USING 10.5.5:

Sleep - worked but system would be a bit buggy after awakening

Restart - worked 100% of the time

Shut down - worked maybe 50% of the time or less

USING 10.5.6:

Sleep - system shuts down

Restart - monitor turns off but system power is still on (sorta like when I used to shut down unsuccessfully)

Shut down - seems to work, but I haven't tested it enough times to know for sure

I use this: http://store.psystar.com/opensource/openhaltrestart

Works for me.

I've followed this, but like several others here, I have no keyboard or mouse and, therefore, cannot login or do anything. Safeboot doesn't help. Both, my keyboard and mouse, are USB and I'm noticing a few new problems regarding USB when booting verbose. The entries are as follows:

Dec 15 21:16:21 Leopard defaults[585]: \nThe domain/default pair of (//System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.usbmuxd, Disabled) does not exist

Dec 15 21:18:13 Leopard defaults[1159]: \nThe domain/default pair of (//System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.usbmuxd, Disabled) does not exist

Dec 15 21:21:39 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 0.482 AppleUSBEHCI[0x5687800]: unable to get filterInterruptEventSource

Dec 15 21:21:39 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 0.482 AppleUSBEHCI[0x5687800]::UIMInitialize - Error occurred (0xe00002be)

Dec 15 21:21:39 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 0.484 AppleUSBEHCI: unable to initialize UIM

Dec 15 21:21:39 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 5.442 AppleUSBUHCI: unable to initialize UIM

The section starting with AppleUSBEHCI... repeats several times before moving on. I don't know what kext would even deal with this or how to start going about fixing it. Any ideas?

Well, I'm fairly sure I followed all the instructions, however it broke my install. I can boot into safe mode fine, but regular is a flashing screen and no keyboard/mouse recognized...I figured I could always rely on Time Machine...however...

edit: If I boot into the Kalyway Disk it see's the time machine backup, but will not allow me past the first "continue" screen to select a backup...there has to be a way to get restore from my backup if it sees the time machine disk, right?

:)

Well, I'm fairly sure I followed all the instructions, however it broke my install. I can boot into safe mode fine, but regular is a flashing screen and no keyboard/mouse recognized...I figured I could always rely on Time Machine...however...

If I boot into the Kalyway Disk it doesn't pick up my Time Machine External USB drive, and if I click to continue I just get the spinning circle...any suggestions?

:)

Try to use another distro, the Kalyway ones don't work with the Time Machines backups. :)

i am having firewire problems...there is no port dectected....does anyone have solutions for this issue? or what kext do i use to fix this....thanks in advanced

Guys, just want to do a bit of double-checking with y'all before I attempt to update my system. Let me preface by saying that I am currently running a Retail Leopard Install using BOOT132 DFE thingamajiggy (applied straight to the HDD for booting - no need for Boot CD), and it's on it's own separate Hard Drive too (I'm not dual booting with any other operating system). System has been running smoothly as long as I can remember. ;)

....skiped...

So first of all, am I on the right track so far? And if so, what next? Just install the update as is and it should be fine? Thanks for any input you guys can provide. :D

u dont need to put appleintelcpupower.. to Extra, just kextload it before starting update or install to /S/L/E , or, bets way - install this kext to Extra - http://www.mediafire.com/?a3txucdnnam , u will never need to care about appleintelcpu then.

I did this on my DC7700 test hack, first go didn't work so I re installed using iATKOS 10.5.5 i5, did all updates except 10.5.6. I used DSDT Patcher GUI and selected force to get the dsdt.aml, I then used UINSTALLER to build the plug in and install the patch. then did the update from Apple site, all working. Seems faster too.

Ok.. just added Seatbelt.kext from 10.5.5 to my list of needed kexts!.. was starting to fell bad about not having any problems :blowup: When i saw some of you guys with problems mounting dmg's i tryed to mout one and no problems. Later decided to download Combo to update my retail with HinstaHackintosh.. kp mounting the dmg, any dmg.

The new Seatbelt probably doesn't like Voodoo kernel.. whatever.. problem solved.

Funny thing the first time didn't kp...

It started by one or two and now i read many people having problems because using DSDT patch.

For those of you having firewire, usb, etc problems, try remove dsdt.aml.

Maybe you don't need it.

I don't!

Or maybe Seatbelt.kext causes other problems besides dmg kp...

Just guessing...

I have 10.5.6 up and running fine with everything but the new kernel, so I switched back to voodoo and (of course) cant install dmgs. I guess some people added their old seatbelt.kext back from 10.5.5 and that worked? I guess this is a temp fix until voodoo releases 9.6.0, until then could someone upload their working seatbelt.kext from 10.5.5? thanks so much!

I finnaly found the name.

Can someone upload me "PowerManagement.bundle" ?

(It's the one which put the battery in the menu bar, right ?)

One wich works with 10.5.6

Thx

Check this thread.. don't know if it is what you're looking for.

Just googled :)

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=14912

Edit: this one is much recent :D sorry...

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=126888

Think i need some sleep.....